Author Topic: Ongoing and Upcoming Survivors *PLEASE READ*  (Read 227423 times)

Offline sirbradford117

• DTF Resident Beatlemaniac
  • All you need is love.
Re: Ongoing and Upcoming Survivors *PLEASE READ*
« Reply #140 on: September 29, 2010, 10:43:07 AM »
Also didn't realize there was discussion in this thread already!!  Man, I fail.

Dream Team, you can take over running the survivor if you want... I didn't mean to step on your toes.  But I am more than willing to run it and make it my baby.   ;D
VOTE IN THE BEATLES SURVIVOR!!!!!

Listen to sirbradford in all things Beatles :P

This is evil, but I went with bradford

Online Dream Team

« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2010, 11:13:04 AM »
Also didn't realize there was discussion in this thread already!!  Man, I fail.

Dream Team, you can take over running the survivor if you want... I didn't mean to step on your toes.  But I am more than willing to run it and make it my baby.   ;D

By all means, be my guest . . . I don't mind someone else doing the heavy lifting!  ;)

Offline sirbradford117

• All you need is love.
« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2010, 11:22:14 AM »
So, just awaiting approval from setrataeso.

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2010, 04:32:25 PM »
So, just awaiting approval from setrataeso.

lol

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
  • I probably don't like you
« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2010, 05:17:48 PM »
Disregarding Arcaeus's typical juvenile behaviour, yeah I'm cool with one being started.
I was going to ask for you to wait until the Rush survivor is done, considering a full Beatles survivor will take more time, and we're full of long-term survivors right now.
But, if you've already started, then I'm fine with you beginning now.

Also, after you finish with either Please Please Me or With the Beatles, can you switch to one album at a time? I like to keep that policy consistent. Thanks.  :)
NEW REVIEW: Lady Gaga - Born This Way
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=25343.0

Setra, I think that is the best statement I have read on this forum.  Very well said.

Offline sirbradford117

• All you need is love.
« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2010, 08:43:01 PM »
Disregarding Arcaeus's typical juvenile behaviour, yeah I'm cool with one being started.
I was going to ask for you to wait until the Rush survivor is done, considering a full Beatles survivor will take more time, and we're full of long-term survivors right now.
But, if you've already started, then I'm fine with you beginning now.

Also, after you finish with either Please Please Me or With the Beatles, can you switch to one album at a time? I like to keep that policy consistent. Thanks.  :)

Deal.  Thanks buddy.

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #146 on: September 30, 2010, 01:21:56 AM »
Disregarding Arcaeus's typical juvenile behaviour

Oh, the irony :lol

Offline TheVoxyn

• "The X makes it sound cool"
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: September 30, 2010, 06:06:38 PM »
 :lol

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #148 on: September 30, 2010, 10:38:00 PM »
Haha...I get it guys. I'm not well-liked.

Setra, I think that is the best statement I have read on this forum.  Very well said.

Offline sirbradford117

• All you need is love.
« Reply #149 on: October 01, 2010, 09:23:24 AM »
Ban them all.  Nao.

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #150 on: October 01, 2010, 10:22:34 AM »
They aren't doing anything wrong. I wouldn't ban them even if I could.

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #151 on: October 04, 2010, 12:08:33 PM »
I was thinking of taking on a 2nd survivor. Does anyone usually run a Black Sabbath survivor or not?
Every time someone brings up "Never Enough", the terrorists win.

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #152 on: October 04, 2010, 01:52:41 PM »
I was thinking of taking on a 2nd survivor. Does anyone usually run a Black Sabbath survivor or not?

A Black Sabbath survivor was run recently.
Also, I like to uphold the rule of not running 2 survivors at once. Or at least not 2 lengthy ones. If you have an idea for a shorter survivor, you can run it now, otherwise, throw some other suggestions at me, and I'll let you know what you can run.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #153 on: October 24, 2010, 10:33:44 AM »
I'd like to try a multi-album survivor. If these two bands already have a Survivor regularly run each year, that's fair enough. If only one has, I'll do the other; if both are free, I'll take my pick.

Transatlantic
Pink Floyd

When I get a response, I'll decide on what course to take.

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #154 on: October 24, 2010, 10:37:29 AM »
The OP says there should be a Megadeth survivor in October.... my question is where is it?  :lol

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #155 on: October 24, 2010, 10:50:55 AM »
I'd like to try a multi-album survivor. If these two bands already have a Survivor regularly run each year, that's fair enough. If only one has, I'll do the other; if both are free, I'll take my pick.

Transatlantic
Pink Floyd

When I get a response, I'll decide on what course to take.

Yeah, both of those bands have a regular survivor. And they ended relatively recently, too.

The OP says there should be a Megadeth survivor in October.... my question is where is it?  :lol

Yeah, Global Laziness is certainly acting as his name would suggest :P
He says it'll happen "soon", but I'm giving him the next few days, otherwise I'll either drop it completely or find someone to take it over.

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #156 on: October 31, 2010, 06:43:56 PM »
Global Laziness still hasn't done the Megadeth survivor :p

I would run it if I wasn't doing the Judas Priest survivor, unless you'd let me do both of them at once  :biggrin:

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #157 on: October 31, 2010, 07:14:28 PM »
Do it. I'm looking forward to the Megadeth survivor. :tup
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #158 on: October 31, 2010, 07:28:15 PM »
Do it. I'm looking forward to the Megadeth survivor. :tup
Well I'm only allowed to do one at a time unless a mod gives me the okay to do it. I'd love to but its not up to me.  :(

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #159 on: October 31, 2010, 09:19:57 PM »
It's not really mods giving permission here. It's just setrataeso making sure there aren't too many survivors at once. Since most people now know that there's a Megadeth survivor coming up and he's already given the okay for it, I think it would be okay to start. Also, running 2 survivors at the same time isn't a huge deal. I run both the In Flames and Tool survivors. I just enjoy doing it. If you feel like you'd be up for it then I would think it would be okay.
I AM A GUY
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #160 on: November 01, 2010, 04:41:02 AM »
It's not really mods giving permission here. It's just setrataeso making sure there aren't too many survivors at once. Since most people now know that there's a Megadeth survivor coming up and he's already given the okay for it, I think it would be okay to start. Also, running 2 survivors at the same time isn't a huge deal. I run both the In Flames and Tool survivors. I just enjoy doing it. If you feel like you'd be up for it then I would think it would be okay.
Of course I would be up for it, the JP survivor goes 2 days per round so it isn't like its a huge load. But I asked to run a 2nd survivor earlier and got denied  :(

But if he changed his mind I'd be more than glad to do it.

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #161 on: November 01, 2010, 07:15:33 PM »
Of course I would be up for it, the JP survivor goes 2 days per round so it isn't like its a huge load. But I asked to run a 2nd survivor earlier and got denied  :(

Yeah, before the P/S board was way more packed.
A lot of survivors are in the home stretch right now, so I'm quite happy to have you take over the Megadeth survivor. Global Laziness is not going to do it, but I want it to get done.
So, yeah, you can start whenever you want.

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #162 on: November 01, 2010, 07:30:28 PM »
I'm curious, there are a few survivors that are supposedly run yearly that haven't started yet. (Iron Maiden, Porcupine Tree)

What's the situation with those?
I AM A GUY

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #163 on: November 01, 2010, 07:35:18 PM »
I'm curious, there are a few survivors that are supposedly run yearly that haven't started yet. (Iron Maiden, Porcupine Tree)

What's the situation with those?

Porcupine Tree starts early next year, Iron Maiden starts in a few months. I think Zeltar wanted to wait until the Metallica survivor is nearing completion.

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #164 on: November 02, 2010, 06:36:07 AM »

Yeah, before the P/S board was way more packed.
A lot of survivors are in the home stretch right now, so I'm quite happy to have you take over the Megadeth survivor. Global Laziness is not going to do it, but I want it to get done.
So, yeah, you can start whenever you want.
Consider it started.  :metal

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #165 on: November 02, 2010, 06:38:23 AM »
My extensive Kiss Survivor is reaching its home stretch, and will probably be done in 3-4 weeks unless we have a lot of tiebreakers. Just a heads up.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #166 on: November 02, 2010, 09:09:22 AM »
My extensive Kiss Survivor is reaching its home stretch, and will probably be done in 3-4 weeks unless we have a lot of tiebreakers. Just a heads up.

As are my two Survivors - the DT Multi-Movement Survivor (one more song after 8VM and then a short finals) and the Spock's Beard Survivor (now in Nick-era Finals)... that is, unless I do a Morse-Era/Nick-Era type of ultimate finals showdown, but I haven't quite figured out how I'd do that yet. Top 5 of each? Top 3 of each? Or perhaps just Top 2 of each? Still not sure yet...but I'm mostly certain the top Morse-Era songs would beat the top Nick-Era songs anyway.

After these two are done, I think I'll take a break from Survivor'ing, although I love doing them, I'm not sure what else I COULD do. Everyone else seems to be taking care of all the major prog and prog-related bands I'd ever do a survivor for. I was thinking about doing a Marillion Survivor, but I'd probably get as many votes for that as I have been for my SB one.

Wasn't there a Neal Morse solo Survivor? Last I recall, it was on One, but I think it faded away. Maybe I could pick that up? I love Neal's solo works, and it'd be a great follow-up from my SB Survivor.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #167 on: November 02, 2010, 11:48:09 AM »
Thanks for the heads up on all the home-stretch survivors right now, guys! I appreciate that you guys are putting in the same effort that I am to make this section organized.

M, I'm not entirely sure what happened to the NM survivor. I remember it being at One, but I remember taking it off the list when it wasn't updated for a while. I guess it just sort of ended.

Anywho, you're a great survivor runner considering you are actually dedicated (and we're lacking a good amount of dedicated people over here), so whenever you want to pick up the NM survivor, or start a new one, you have my support.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #168 on: November 02, 2010, 02:27:23 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on all the home-stretch survivors right now, guys! I appreciate that you guys are putting in the same effort that I am to make this section organized.

M, I'm not entirely sure what happened to the NM survivor. I remember it being at One, but I remember taking it off the list when it wasn't updated for a while. I guess it just sort of ended.

Anywho, you're a great survivor runner considering you are actually dedicated (and we're lacking a good amount of dedicated people over here), so whenever you want to pick up the NM survivor, or start a new one, you have my support.

Thanks for your support setrataeso! :tup I've messaged Quadrochosis about his NM survivor, so I'll wait for his blessing and input on it before proceeding, which is fine because I still have some time until my SB survivor is finished.

EDIT - Got word from Quadrochosis and he's cool with me taking over the Neal Morse Survivor, so once my SB Survivor is finished, I will pick up with One and hopefully get more than 3 voters!

-Marc.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 10:41:27 PM by The Letter M »
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #169 on: November 06, 2010, 05:53:53 AM »
Setra, I'm going to start my Christmas Song survivor soon.  I will start a thread first asking for song ideas.  I just took 20 last year and was taken to task for some that were omitted.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #170 on: November 06, 2010, 09:28:10 AM »
Setra, I'm going to start my Christmas Song survivor soon.  I will start a thread first asking for song ideas.  I just took 20 last year and was taken to task for some that were omitted.

Good call. When you make the thread, I'll link to it in the OP.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2010, 10:44:55 AM »
I was thinking of running a "Rush Multi-Movement Song Survivor" after my DT one is done... might there be any interest in that? I'll also post this in the Rush-song Survivor thread once my DT one is near the end. The only songs that would be a part of this survivor would be: "By-Tor & The Snow Dog", "The Necromancer", "The Fountain Of Lamneth", "2112", "Cygnus X-1 Book I: The Voyage", "Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres", "La Villa Strangiato", and "Natural Science".

8 songs, for quite a while actually (at least 37 rounds/72 days), then a 7 round/14 day finals... it'd be quite along survivor (about 86 days long!), but I think it could be something fun. Just shooting that out there.

Also, I still plan on picking up the Neal Morse Survivor, starting with One (11-song Restored Tracklisting), so that'll keep me busy with that after the Spock's Beard Survivor is over. That should start around the end of the month.

-Marc.

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2010, 11:29:12 AM »
Yeah, I have no problem with that.
Multiple survivors are not really a problem right now, just because so many survivors are reaching their conclusion.

And I would participate.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2010, 08:52:55 AM »
My Kiss Survivor will be all done in less than five hours, just a heads up if anybody wants to start something new.

It's been a great time running it during all these months (I think I started it in April or something?) and now it's finally over soon. A big thanks to those who have stuck by me through and through. I won't be running another one for a while, but I'm definitely interested in organizing a new one in the not so distant future. I just need to find a band/artist which will have a few more followers than 3-4 voters. Perhaps a Bruce Springsteen survivor or something?
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #174 on: November 21, 2010, 06:29:22 PM »
Since my Office survivor has been buried but the member tournament and other survivors, can I sign up to start it again whenever this section won't be so clustered. After Christmas sometime maybe?