Author Topic: Ongoing and Upcoming Survivors *PLEASE READ*  (Read 227431 times)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Ongoing and Upcoming Survivors *PLEASE READ*
« Reply #665 on: October 05, 2020, 03:43:24 AM »
Using the thread at the top.... anyone down for some old school metal survivors?  :metal

I'd love to have ago at any of these, as long as there are enough partecipants:

Blind Guardian
Iced Earth
Demons & Wizards, with just three albums you can keep it short
Helloween
Avantasia
Bruce Dickinson solo
James LaBrie solo

I'd play in Blind Guardian, D&W and Avantasia. Maybe Helloween too but I'll have to revisit half the albums for that one.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #666 on: October 05, 2020, 05:18:11 AM »
Avantasia, I'm in.  JLB I would follow along, and it would give me reason to spin those (which I haven't in a while).  The others... not my cuppa
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #667 on: January 08, 2021, 09:46:13 AM »
Working on updating this bad boy right here : https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=49917.0

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #668 on: March 14, 2022, 05:15:50 PM »
I'm thinking after my Dream Theater Survivor is done, sometime around June (I think), I want to do Genesis again. Last time I did a Genesis survivor was a decade ago so I think it would be about time. After that, I think I'll do another Spock's Beard Survivor as I've done them every 3 years (2013, 2016, and 2019, so it would be about time), despite the band having been largely inactive since 2018 as far as studio albums go. I may also do a Pattern-Seeking Animals Survivor this year as well since they'll have a third album out in less than three weeks from now (April 1st). Maybe I'll start PSA up during the DT Finals just to have another thing going since those Finals will take about a month to get through. After that, probably Genesis, then SB to close out my year of 2022 Survivors.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #669 on: January 31, 2024, 07:38:11 AM »

Any plans for an upcoming survivor soon?
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #670 on: January 31, 2024, 09:56:44 AM »

I was planning to put together a Pink Floyd Survivor, as there hasn't been one here in quite awhile. It was either going to be Pink Floyd or Kansas, but with Kansas's 40th Anniversary of their debut coming on March 8th, I might just do Kansas instead. In the meantime, I might do a shorter Survivor or two that won't take too long, maybe just a few weeks up to March.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #671 on: January 31, 2024, 04:17:42 PM »

I was planning to put together a Pink Floyd Survivor, as there hasn't been one here in quite awhile. It was either going to be Pink Floyd or Kansas, but with Kansas's 40th Anniversary of their debut coming on March 8th, I might just do Kansas instead. In the meantime, I might do a shorter Survivor or two that won't take too long, maybe just a few weeks up to March.

-Marc.

I'd love Kansas.  PF not so much.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung