Author Topic: 2010-07-10 - Palladium - Worcester, MA (DT headlining show)  (Read 47145 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2010-07-10 - Palladium - Worcester, MA (DT headlining show)
« Reply #315 on: August 09, 2010, 07:06:39 PM »
I listened to this show Yesterday and although it's been said, I just want to reiterate how much James f##king owned this show. Phenomenal. It was like he was toying with us during The Mirror/Lie.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #316 on: August 09, 2010, 08:24:38 PM »
I listened to this show Yesterday and although it's been said, I just want to reiterate how much James f##king owned this show. Phenomenal. It was like he was toying with us during The Mirror/Lie.

I need to get it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #317 on: April 18, 2011, 01:12:05 PM »
This show was the last DT American headlining show with Portnoy, was it not?
If that is the case that is pretty cool cause I was in the inferno balcony to see it! :metal
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #318 on: April 18, 2011, 02:04:01 PM »
Yes it was and what a great show. I can't believe that MP would be gone so soon afterward. The band seemed so "happy". Much more so than the show at the Pavillion in 2009.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #319 on: April 18, 2011, 02:16:42 PM »
Yes it was and what a great show. I can't believe that MP would be gone so soon afterward. The band seemed so "happy". Much more so than the show at the Pavillion in 2009.

Lots of energy at that show and they were on that night.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #320 on: April 18, 2011, 02:49:55 PM »

and we all got to sit and enjoy it while shedding 5 pounds! :biggrin:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #321 on: April 18, 2011, 02:51:07 PM »

and we all got to sit and enjoy it while shedding 5 pounds! :biggrin:

My wife almost passed out.  I had to take her to get some water.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #322 on: April 26, 2011, 10:40:36 AM »
We should form a club..."Survivors of MP's last (real) show with DT".  There are some kids here who think them opening for Maiden in DC is the last show.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #323 on: April 26, 2011, 04:23:37 PM »
We should form a club..."Survivors of MP's last (real) show with DT".  There are some kids here who think them opening for Maiden in DC is the last show.

I didn't realize that was the last full show!  I'm in of course. :hat

Offline Elsydeon

« Reply #324 on: April 26, 2011, 05:32:48 PM »

That makes that show especially special for me then especially after meeting the cool people of dtf.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #325 on: April 27, 2011, 08:02:03 AM »

I was there, but not in the balcony. Didn't realize this was MPDT's last US show. Cool trivia.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #326 on: April 30, 2011, 07:30:24 AM »

That makes that show especially special for me then especially after meeting the cool people of dtf.

I did have a blast meet up with all of you.  Plus great beers and a great show.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #327 on: October 04, 2013, 08:44:05 AM »
I was talking to a friend about this show recently and how insanely hot it was in that venue that night. The balcony had to be 90 degrees for real.
Anyway, I had no idea the time I was sweating through a historical Dream Theater show. This was I believe the last headlining show Mike Portnoy ever played with the band. This is correct is it not?

The moral of the story... Never play a gig without AC or you run the risk of losing the drummer.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #328 on: October 04, 2013, 09:50:04 AM »
I believe they played in Japan, and also finished the Maiden tour.

You could call it his last Headline show as I think the Japaneese shows were festivals. Certainly his last headlining show in the US.

Offline morkie

« Reply #329 on: October 24, 2013, 08:51:40 AM »
That was a fantastic show! They done three special shows that tour I remember in between the Maiden opening nights. I remember going up to Worcester for it and then 2 days later seeing them open for Maiden at Madison Square Garden. Although on paper the set for the MSG show was unremarkable but solid (As I am, Rite of Passage, Home, Constant Motion, Panic Attack, Pull Me Under).

Knowing it was, to my knowledge, their first show at Madison Square Garden it was extra special. I don't have a copy of that show but I recall Portnoy saying something about that. I got chills even though i was a mile away in the stands I could feel how happy and thrilled they were to be at this historic venue in (most of) their home towns.

But yeah that Worcester show, I've been to other shows there and it's always pretty hot but it was mid July and DAMN steamy in that place. Especially up on the balcony. I had a near front seat view. Incredible show, my favourite show ever. I have a copy of the show, not sure if there are multiple versions. The setlist was a dream for me, lots of top 5 songs for me.

So fond memories friends!