Author Topic: 2010-07-10 - Palladium - Worcester, MA (DT headlining show)  (Read 47383 times)

Offline Serpentor

• I am faster than 80% of all snakes
  • DT.net Member
  • I don't want a large Farva, I want a liter of cola
Re: 2010-07-10 - Palladium - Worcester, MA (DT headlining show)
« Reply #280 on: July 12, 2010, 10:16:01 AM »
I'm really surprised at how good the quality of this is, especially taking into effect how bad the sound was in the venue that night. at least for me anyway
   :huh:

Not sure where you were in the palladium, but I couldn't believe how clear everything was.  I eventually took my earplugs out because there was no difference in sound with having them in.  You could even hear Portnoy when he was talking back and forth with James about him being Canadien. 
Best sounding show I have ever seen there, Opeth comes a close second.
Dear Santa,
Please kill Icy for Christmas.

Love,

Everyone

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #281 on: July 12, 2010, 10:32:48 AM »
This was the first time I had seen DT since 2003, believe it or not.  It was great.  Magical.  I love the feeling of being surrounded by other hardcore fans that passionately love the same tunes I listen to everyday.  For those two hours, it's like nothing else exists in the world and I'm just lost in the moment.  I can't wait to see them again. 
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #282 on: July 12, 2010, 10:43:39 AM »
Hey does anyone happen to know the name of the female artist who did the cover of "As I Am" that was played before the show?  I've heard it before two shows now but can't find anything about it online.  Sorry for the lame question - I'm sorta new here  :angel:

Thanks a bunch, guys!

Edit: In my infinite awesomeness and totally not awake yet, I just posted this on my fiance's computer under his account.  So forgive me all for sounding girly - this is actually Megancatherine, above poster  :facepalm: 

it's a French couple I believe, Pipo and Elo. They've covered a few Dream Theater songs and I'm pretty sure they've been played in venues either beforehand or in between sets for a couple tours now.

https://pipoelo.free.fr/welcome.php
Photobucket sucks.

Offline RudessFan01

« Reply #283 on: July 12, 2010, 10:46:13 AM »
Hi everyone, registered so I could post here.

This was my second Dream Theater show, saw them at ProgNation in Boston a while ago. I liked this show a lot more. I was 4-5 people back right in the center of the floor. It was my first experience in a pit during a show, it was pretty crazy during the first two songs but people calmed down after that. (I'm pretty tall so I could breathe the fresh air above everyone  ;)) The show blew me away. Every song was super awesome, but when they traded off solos in metropolis it was probably the best thing I've ever seen happen at any concert I've been to ever. All the members were great as usual, but John Myung really stood out for some reason. It's one thing to watch him play on youtube, but in person he seems to have a really mysterious, focused intensity that I think is really cool.

I didn't wear earplugs, kind of regretting it now but hey it was worth it.

There don't seem to be much youtube videos up, I'm kind of reluctant to try and download all this torrent software for it...

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #284 on: July 12, 2010, 10:58:26 AM »
Hi everyone, registered so I could post here.

This was my second Dream Theater show, saw them at ProgNation in Boston a while ago. I liked this show a lot more. I was 4-5 people back right in the center of the floor. It was my first experience in a pit during a show, it was pretty crazy during the first two songs but people calmed down after that. (I'm pretty tall so I could breathe the fresh air above everyone  ;)) The show blew me away. Every song was super awesome, but when they traded off solos in metropolis it was probably the best thing I've ever seen happen at any concert I've been to ever. All the members were great as usual, but John Myung really stood out for some reason. It's one thing to watch him play on youtube, but in person he seems to have a really mysterious, focused intensity that I think is really cool.

I didn't wear earplugs, kind of regretting it now but hey it was worth it.

There don't seem to be much youtube videos up, I'm kind of reluctant to try and download all this torrent software for it...

I think I remember you.  You said you were tall.  I was center in the pit about 4-5 people back. There was a tall guy right next to me that was a whole head above the rest of the crowd.  Glasses too, I think?  I think it could have been you.  I had a DT hat on and OSI shirt. 
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #285 on: July 12, 2010, 11:15:14 AM »
Must visit dime after work.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline RudessFan01

« Reply #286 on: July 12, 2010, 11:34:48 AM »

I think I remember you.  You said you were tall.  I was center in the pit about 4-5 people back. There was a tall guy right next to me that was a whole head above the rest of the crowd.  Glasses too, I think?  I think it could have been you.  I had a DT hat on and OSI shirt. 

Everything is kind of a blur haha, and no I wasn't wearing glasses. Were you the one trying to inch your way up to the front because your "friend was up there"? Someone did that to me and I fell for it, if I remember correctly the person looked somewhat like your avatar picture...lol

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #287 on: July 12, 2010, 11:34:54 AM »
Same here. I would like to have that.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #288 on: July 12, 2010, 11:46:42 AM »

Everything is kind of a blur haha, and no I wasn't wearing glasses. Were you the one trying to inch your way up to the front because your "friend was up there"? Someone did that to me and I fell for it, if I remember correctly the person looked somewhat like your avatar picture...lol

No no, that wasn't me.  I didn't talk to anyone while the show was going lol.  I was standing near some guy wit ha sleeveless Queensryche t-shirt for much of the show.  I was to his right. 

amyginnh

« Reply #289 on: July 12, 2010, 12:06:09 PM »
Long-time DT fan, first-time poster here.

This was my first DT show.  It was a 13th birthday present for my progressive metal/MP fan drummer son.  His 15yo brother tagged along.  

1.  The Palladium was a DIVE!  Why couldn't they play at House of Blues or anyplace else?  And what's a classy band like DT doing in such a hell-hole?  

2.  Does anyone know the who artist was that plays the acoustic version of Pull Me Under that was played between the opener and DT?  I wanna get my hands on that.

3.  The sound sucked for the opening band.  Or was that just their sound?  Ugh.

Offline RudessFan01

« Reply #290 on: July 12, 2010, 12:15:37 PM »
Long-time DT fan, first-time poster here.

This was my first DT show.  It was a 13th birthday present for my progressive metal/MP fan drummer son.  His 15yo brother tagged along.  

1.  The Palladium was a DIVE!  Why couldn't they play at House of Blues or anyplace else?  And what's a classy band like DT doing in such a hell-hole?  

2.  Does anyone know the who artist was that plays the acoustic version of Pull Me Under that was played between the opener and DT?  I wanna get my hands on that.

3.  The sound sucked for the opening band.  Or was that just their sound?  Ugh.

Yeah the palladium is kind of a craphole, I went to use the bathroom and I felt like I lost a couple years off my life just being in there. I enjoyed it though, I doubt dream theater will ever play in such a small venue again. It was a once in a life time thing.

Found them: https://pipoelo.free.fr/welcome.php

They're all over youtube too if you search their names.

And I wasn't a big fan of the opening band, but the singer was pretty good, sounded like Dio.

Offline EstyMaJ

« Reply #291 on: July 12, 2010, 02:56:13 PM »
I agree with Serp. This was as loose as I've EVER seen DT.

BTW, the show went up on Dime last night!
Thanks man always great to hear a show you just been to again

Offline Palegod

« Reply #292 on: July 12, 2010, 03:30:28 PM »
Wasn't a fan of Charred Walls either. When I heard Tim Owens had a new band I was hoping it would be more like Iced Earth. They sounded like a high school metal band:(

Offline peruvianskynewhampshire

• I worship bacon,particularly black pepper bacon.Bow to the bacon gods
  • I saw a white light. Shining there before me
« Reply #293 on: July 12, 2010, 05:04:48 PM »
sorry to bore the torrent pros out there,but i am a torrent virgin and so need to get the Worcester show. i signed up at dime a dozen ,but am clueless on the do's and dont's. the show was epic and any help would be awesome,thanks in advance... jc :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy
life goes by to fast,if you dont stop and take a look around it will pass you by

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #294 on: July 12, 2010, 05:24:32 PM »

sorry to bore the torrent pros out there,but i am a torrent virgin and so need to get the Worcester show. i signed up at dime a dozen ,but am clueless on the do's and dont's. the show was epic and any help would be awesome,thanks in advance... jc :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

1. Google Utorrent...and download it.
2. Google Traders Little Helper....and download it
3. Then get back to us.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

« Reply #295 on: July 12, 2010, 06:17:49 PM »
downloaded both utorrent and avs audio converter,,,what next? :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy
life goes by to fast,if you dont stop and take a look around it will pass you by

« Reply #296 on: July 12, 2010, 06:44:09 PM »
attempted to download and it was telling me it was gonna take 2 or 3 days to download? i must be doing something wrong?clueless in new hampshire... help im falling im falling :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

Offline EstyMaJ

« Reply #297 on: July 13, 2010, 08:06:36 AM »
Wow pretty sound of this show from dime site , It was great hearing it again thanks to whoeva made it !!!! 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #299 on: July 13, 2010, 04:17:41 PM »

Show was good. The Palladium sucks. I had been in the upstairs before to see a show, and to be honest, even though the upstairs is usually used for smaller, less known bands, it is a MUCH better place to see a show. I sat in the balcony for DT, which was a very smart move on my part, imo. It was dying in there. I don't think I could have taken close quarters/shoving in that heat. I also got to have some pretty cool conversations with kingshmegland and tick. :)

The set itself was awesome. Home was awesome, and I'm REALLY glad they played The Count of Tuscany again because I didn't think I'd ever see that song live again. The end part when it went acoustic was amazing. Everyone in the venue went quiet and got caught up in the moment. The Mirror/Lie was unexpected, but a treat. Could have done without some stuff, namely the songs they play at the IM shows (AROP, Constant Motion), but they were performed well, so that's all that matters.

In comparison to the New York City show, I would say that the MSG show was actually better in terms of energy, sound, and performance. However, the Palladium show obviously got the better setlist, because songs like ANTR, Tuscany, and The Mirror weren't played at MSG... so I'm glad I was able to go to both. :D

Offline GuinnessSteve

« Reply #300 on: July 14, 2010, 10:10:43 AM »
GREAT friggin show! Haven't been able to post before now. Tried to sign up for dimeadozen but I got an error saying that they have reached their maximum member limit. Can someone get me the torrent link?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #301 on: July 14, 2010, 10:16:00 AM »
GREAT friggin show! Haven't been able to post before now. Tried to sign up for dimeadozen but I got an error saying that they have reached their maximum member limit. Can someone get me the torrent link?
Just keep trying at dime.  They constantly delete stagnant accounts, so there are new spots opening up all the time.  When I joined, it took me about an hour, checking every few minutes.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #302 on: July 14, 2010, 05:48:44 PM »
This is going to be short as I'm at a Starbucks and this is my first REAL internet connection in a few weeks - but this show was awesome despite the oven-like conditions.  I had a blast meeting everyone at the meet & greet, and I'm sorry I didn't get to meet those of you that I didn't meet.  Can't wait til I get back down to Virginia to get the bootlegs and start postring here again.

Offline Elsydeon

« Reply #303 on: July 14, 2010, 05:55:20 PM »
This is going to be short as I'm at a Starbucks and this is my first REAL internet connection in a few weeks - but this show was awesome despite the oven-like conditions.  I had a blast meeting everyone at the meet & greet, and I'm sorry I didn't get to meet those of you that I didn't meet.  Can't wait til I get back down to Virginia to get the bootlegs and start postring here again.
Meetin some of you DTFers was awesome. I wish I had met more of you guys that went. Hope to see more of you at the next meetup whenever that is!

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #304 on: July 14, 2010, 08:48:02 PM »
It was great meeting you. What a cool time.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #305 on: July 14, 2010, 09:28:51 PM »
Anyone care to pm me the torrent? Thanks!

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #306 on: July 14, 2010, 09:37:04 PM »
Anyone care to pm me the torrent? Thanks!

rumborak

You want me to upload it to a site or do you want the actual torrent file?

« Reply #307 on: July 15, 2010, 05:52:17 PM »
should it take me 5 hrs to download the torrent file.first time trying the torrent ,dont know anything about the whole torrent process,can someone explain,any tips would be helpful,, is there any other place to get a copy of the worcester show? thank again,,jc :hefdaddy

Offline Richard_P_Harvey

« Reply #308 on: July 29, 2010, 08:28:05 AM »
Sorry to ask for something with my first post - Long time DT fan here and I too braved the ridiculous heat at the Palladium that night to hear my favorite band, what a great show.  I joined Dime but after a couple of hours searching I have yet to be able to find the bootleg of the show.  Can someone guide me to finding it or share it with me.  I have an FTP site it that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.....

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #309 on: July 29, 2010, 10:55:01 AM »
Sorry to ask for something with my first post - Long time DT fan here and I too braved the ridiculous heat at the Palladium that night to hear my favorite band, what a great show.  I joined Dime but after a couple of hours searching I have yet to be able to find the bootleg of the show.  Can someone guide me to finding it or share it with me.  I have an FTP site it that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.....

at dime, just search * "Dream Theater" Worcester * without the *'s, but keep ST in quotes.  It might not be at the top of the list, but it will be there.  I'm still seeding it, along with the MSG DT and IM shows.

Offline Richard_P_Harvey

« Reply #310 on: July 29, 2010, 12:47:43 PM »

Thanks in advance.....

at dime, just search * "Dream Theater" Worcester * without the *'s, but keep ST in quotes.  It might not be at the top of the list, but it will be there.  I'm still seeding it, along with the MSG DT and IM shows.
Thanks I found it that way and it was actually on the first page.  Download however is painfully slow, looks like it going to take days.

Offline Richard_P_Harvey

« Reply #311 on: July 29, 2010, 12:51:48 PM »
Ignore that last comment on speed, for some reason it just got way faster.....

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #312 on: July 30, 2010, 06:19:39 AM »
  Long time DT fan here 

Welcome to DTF! How long have you been a fan?

Offline Richard_P_Harvey

« Reply #313 on: July 30, 2010, 08:02:43 AM »
  Long time DT fan here 

Welcome to DTF! How long have you been a fan?
Well I would guess not as long as some of you here but I stumbled onto them at the time Scenes was released and got hooked big time.  I wont say that I love everything that they have done and the real old stuff is not high on my list but it's all great stuff.  What I really love is when they take a really old tune and play it with today's skills and technique, mind blowing.  Black Clouds Silver Linings was disappointing to me, I like it but I just don't think it holds up like Train of Thought or Systematic Chaos do.  I would also say that recent events like no real BCSL tour in the US, no behind the scenes DVD of the BCSL recording session and now the tour with Iron Maiden as their opening act all have me a bit concerned about the future of DT.  Being a Berklee graduate myself makes them all that more interesting to me.   

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #314 on: July 30, 2010, 08:19:51 AM »
I wouldn't worry about the lack of a "Making of" DVD.