Author Topic: DT one-off club shows in June/July  (Read 21757 times)

Offline Shadow2222

Re: DT one-off club shows in June/July
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2010, 08:19:31 PM »
I really hope so, because I live 3 hours away, and if I had to go there to get the tickets, then... well, i couldn't go!

But every other gig is available to buy through ticketmaster on their website, so I would assume it will be the same for DT
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2010, 08:43:43 AM »
Just listened to "CHARRED WALLS OF THE DAMNED". Verdict: Ugh.

I guess that'll make the meetup longer  :biggrin:

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2010, 10:39:54 AM »
They just announce the opening band for the Portland show. Does anyone know anything about Presto Ballet? I've never heard of them.

https://www.prestoballet.com/home.asp

Evoking a classic 70's feel, their songs herald a return to a time when music was at its most colorful and influential. With tasteful guitar parts, crunching Hammond organ and rich vocals, the band follows a path previously tread by rock pioneers such as Kansas, Yes, Genesis and Deep Purple.

I’m listening at work I’m not giving it a 100% honest listen, but it sounds pretty good. Well constructed and produced, at least. Not too heavy (as noted above, more of a 70s keyboard-driven prog vibe). Nothing I’m going to run about and buy, but curious how they will perform live. Should be a decent opener.

Is anyone else here going to this show other than you and me? And have you ever been to this venue? Looks like you can buy tickets from their website (or an affiliate they use – not ticketmaster).
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2010, 10:57:41 AM »
They just announce the opening band for the Portland show. Does anyone know anything about Presto Ballet? I've never heard of them.

Evoking a classic 70's feel, their songs herald a return to a time when music was at its most colorful and influential. With tasteful guitar parts, crunching Hammond organ and rich vocals, the band follows a path previously tread by rock pioneers such as Kansas, Yes, Genesis and Deep Purple.

I’m listening at work I’m not giving it a 100% honest listen, but it sounds pretty good. Well constructed and produced, at least. Not too heavy (as noted above, more of a 70s keyboard-driven prog vibe). Nothing I’m going to run about and buy, but curious how they will perform live. Should be a decent opener.

Is anyone else here going to this show other than you and me? And have you ever been to this venue? Looks like you can buy tickets from their website (or an affiliate they use – not ticketmaster).

Damn! I would love to see Presto Ballet open!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2010, 11:16:56 AM »

I've given them a bit of a listen and they remind me more of Kansas than anything.

Yes, I've been in the venue once for Porcupine Tree.
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2010, 02:33:44 PM »

Would definitely be better than "Charred remains of a bass drum" or whatever they're called.

rumborak

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2010, 05:11:15 PM »
Just listened to "CHARRED WALLS OF THE DAMNED". Verdict: Ugh.

I guess that'll make the meetup longer  :biggrin:

rumborak

CHARRED WALLS OF THE DAMNED IS GOOD. WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU??!

Would definitely be better than "Charred remains of a bass drum" or whatever they're called.

rumborak

:|

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2010, 08:03:29 AM »
Booya, just got my ticket for the Palladium gig!  :biggrin:

rumborak

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #113 on: April 16, 2010, 08:06:29 AM »

rumborak

Me Too!!!!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ZeppelinDT

• Resident Collectaholic
  • EZBoard Elder
  • Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!
« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2010, 08:07:29 AM »

rumborak

I shall see you there.  =)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #115 on: April 16, 2010, 08:10:21 AM »
Worcester, here I come!

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2010, 08:11:32 AM »
That was a lot easier than I expected really. I thought it was going to be completely overrun.

And man, this is gonna be awesome. After having seen DT for God knows how many times in seated venues, GA will be sooooo awesome.

rumborak

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2010, 08:12:02 AM »
I love when shit goes smoothly.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2010, 08:48:01 AM »
I love when shit goes smoothly.

seriously, especially if it's right after you got up.

Wait, what are we talking about :neverusethis:
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #119 on: April 16, 2010, 09:05:57 AM »
50 dollars was a lot more than I was expecting.... not so cheap after all. :p

Offline Nic35

• Which seat can I take =/ ?
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2010, 10:16:17 AM »
Seeing that these shows are in small clubs, do you think that they will play more lighter songs, like Lifting Shadows Off A Dream, Octavarium, Innoncence Faded, Learning to Live, etc. ?

Or they will stick with the songs they play on the IM tour, with obviously more heavier stuff ?
Jesus Christ himself* comes down amidst a choir of 2 billion angels singing Handel's Hallelujah chorus. As KrotchRaut shred randomly on guitars made of dragon bones using picks made from God's kidney stones, Jesus heals a blind woman who promptly gives birth onstage to a creation of pure light.

*Yes, Jesus Christ himself. Nothing less will do.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #121 on: April 16, 2010, 10:19:37 AM »
I expect a mix.  Like a normal DT show.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Nic35

• Which seat can I take =/ ?
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2010, 10:25:42 AM »
But do you think we can expect a setlist like with songs we've had on the PN09 tour and the shows in South America, or will it be a totally different setlist with a totally new setlist ?

I see a chance for them to play The Best Of Times.
Jesus Christ himself* comes down amidst a choir of 2 billion angels singing Handel's Hallelujah chorus. As KrotchRaut shred randomly on guitars made of dragon bones using picks made from God's kidney stones, Jesus heals a blind woman who promptly gives birth onstage to a creation of pure light.

*Yes, Jesus Christ himself. Nothing less will do.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #123 on: April 16, 2010, 10:32:50 AM »
I would hope the setlist for these 3 won't be lifted directly from the PN09 shows.  However, I also sincerely doubt there will be anything new played for the first time.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #124 on: April 16, 2010, 10:35:57 AM »
Unless they're also playing it for the first time in Maiden shows.
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #125 on: April 16, 2010, 11:01:11 AM »
Haha wow I was at work freaking out over not being able to order tickets until now (which is about 1pm). I was afraid they'd sell out. But like you guys stated, very easy, very quick.
I grabbed these as a precaution, so in the event that I end up on Ripper's guest list, I shall put my two tix up for grabs here first (I'll only ask for 95 for the pair, as that's what I payed with the processing fees and such).

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2010, 11:14:31 AM »
I am beginning the process of arranging my MSG trip to include this show...I hope tix are still available  :'(

Offline razorsedge

« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2010, 11:32:14 AM »
is anyone driving from nyc, long island or CT to the worcester show?  want to split gas/food costs? 

keys and gates. That's some fantasy shit right there.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2010, 12:18:26 PM »
Wow, trekking from NYC to Worcester? That's dedication.

rumborak

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2010, 01:11:32 PM »
Map Quest says that my journey there will take 2 hours and three minutes, just over 105 miles.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2010, 01:46:41 PM »
I'll be going about 180 miles to the Roseland PDX show. But since it's a Monday, I'm taking that day off work and making a three-day weekend trip of it with my wife. No, she didn't buy that as being particularly romantic on my part, but her love of weekend getaways made up for it.

Also, rumborak's 'Charred Remains of a Bass Drum' made me  :lol
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #131 on: April 16, 2010, 01:48:26 PM »
And then the very next day I'm making that same trip the other way.  :-\

Offline razorsedge

« Reply #132 on: April 16, 2010, 02:24:00 PM »

rumborak

it will probably be worth it to see them in that environment, and i'll only do it if i can share a ride with someone. it'll be a tiring weekend, but that's fine by me.     

keys and gates. That's some fantasy shit right there.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #133 on: April 16, 2010, 02:50:10 PM »
Unless they're also playing it for the first time in Maiden shows.
I doubt that will happen, either.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2010, 03:26:18 PM »
glaurung, what's up the presale on the Roseland's website? It doesn't have any details about it. Any knowledge?

Offline peruvianskynewhampshire

• I worship bacon,particularly black pepper bacon.Bow to the bacon gods
  • I saw a white light. Shining there before me
« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2010, 04:55:16 PM »
Worcester,here we come!!!  Got my 2 tickets 10:30 this morning,easy and painless.  This is my first time seeing DT and have seen other shows at the palladium.   Cool place to see a show and within a hour of my house.  July cant come fast enough !!! Anybody out there see them in such a intimate setting.  Cant wait to have a couple of adult beverages with the DT faithful . :metal :metal :metal
life goes by to fast,if you dont stop and take a look around it will pass you by

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2010, 05:36:04 PM »

rumborak

I'm going to Worcester to NYC for Dream Theater 2 days later. :p So I feel his pain.

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2010, 06:05:49 PM »
glaurung, what's up the presale on the Roseland's website? It doesn't have any details about it. Any knowledge?

I have no idea. When I checked a couple days ago DT wasn't even on their websites concert schedule.

Offline ZeppelinDT

• Resident Collectaholic
  • EZBoard Elder
  • Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!
« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2010, 07:13:22 PM »

rumborak

I'm going to Worcester to NYC for Dream Theater 2 days later. :p So I feel his pain.

Yeah... I've been there

July 8th, 2003 - DT/Queensryche/Fates Warning - Oakdale Theatre (Wallingford, Connecticut)
July 9th, 2003 - Journey/Styx/REO Speedwagon - Nassau Coliseum (Long Island, New York)
July 10th, 2003 - DT/Queensryche/Fates Warning - PNC Bank Arts Center (Holmdel, New Jersey)
July 11th, 2003 - DT/Queensryche/Fates Warning - Jones Beach (Long Island, New York)
July 12th, 2003 - DT/Queensryche/Fates Warning - Kahuna Summerstage (Wilmington, Delaware)

=)

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2010, 07:26:28 PM »
Me and Bill did Holmdel, Jones Beach, and Philly in three consecutive days back on the Chaos in motion tour.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1