Author Topic: It is time for the torch to be passed.  (Read 107707 times)

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Re: It is time for the torch to be passed.
« Reply #350 on: May 27, 2009, 09:32:11 PM »
Axeman is on vacation, possibly away from internet access completely, so I'd say skip him for now and come back to him later.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #351 on: May 27, 2009, 10:57:11 PM »
I've had threads locked and been warned for less than this.
And this one is stickied?
One set of rules for everyone.

To be fair, most of the people making the comments are actually in high school (myself included, for another two weeks anyway).
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #352 on: May 28, 2009, 05:39:04 AM »
Axeman is on vacation, possibly away from internet access completely, so I'd say skip him for now and come back to him later.
uh

Oh, and I vote that if the person doesn't reach their 5 day deadline to submit their challenge, I automatically pass the challenge.  Agreed?

I'm, cool with that.
www.bedeceived.com

ZOMG WHAT'S AT BEDECEIVED.COM?

I DUNNO!  CLICK THE DARNED LINK TO FIND OUT!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #353 on: May 28, 2009, 06:02:49 AM »

He just posted in the DT side-chat.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #354 on: May 28, 2009, 07:56:24 AM »
Yeah, seems he just arrived at his destination, changing thread title to get him in here.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #355 on: May 28, 2009, 11:26:18 AM »
Yeah, seems he just arrived at his destination, changing thread title to get him in here.

Or we could just pm him.
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
Re: It is time for the torch to be passed. (Axeman needed)
« Reply #356 on: May 28, 2009, 12:42:42 PM »
Good plan, anyone who sees this, PM axeman.

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #357 on: May 28, 2009, 04:28:27 PM »
I already did yesterday.  no reply yet.
www.bedeceived.com

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #358 on: May 28, 2009, 04:53:16 PM »
I already did yesterday.  no reply yet.
He's busy drinkin' beer and preparing dinner.

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #359 on: May 29, 2009, 03:57:16 PM »

2 days, 5 hours, 59 minutes est. until I win the challenge by default.
www.bedeceived.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #360 on: May 29, 2009, 03:58:38 PM »
WTF
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline VFS

• (otherwise known as JustJen)
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Do you think it was an inside job?
« Reply #361 on: May 30, 2009, 05:50:26 AM »

2 days, 5 hours, 59 minutes est. until I win the challenge by default.

He's on vacation like nick said but I still talk to him on MSN daily a couple of times. I'll let him know abuot this.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #362 on: May 30, 2009, 07:59:37 AM »
I'm not going to get around to posting a challenge, so if anyone else would like to take my place, feel free
Photobucket sucks.

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #363 on: May 30, 2009, 10:03:33 AM »
looks like im onto challenge 4 now.  well, still have 'til monday, if you decide to change your mind.  but I don't think anyone should be able to take place.
www.bedeceived.com

Offline Blind_FaithX

• I love music
« Reply #364 on: May 30, 2009, 10:05:22 AM »
Well, no one seems to propose any task so I'm gonna propose one, feel free to consider it as official or not.

Zeltar being a die hard fan of the San Jose sharks (hockey team), I propose you could write a 500 words essay on a hockey team of your choice, saying why this team is your favorite (If you don't have any fav team... find one!). You can also add comparisons between your team and the Sharks.
Funny how everything was Roses
When we held on to the Guns
Just because you're winnin'
Don't mean you're the lucky one

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #365 on: May 30, 2009, 11:09:34 AM »
Well, no one seems to propose any task so I'm gonna propose one, feel free to consider it as official or not.

Zeltar being a die hard fan of the San Jose sharks (hockey team), I propose you could write a 500 words essay on a hockey team of your choice, saying why this team is your favorite (If you don't have any fav team... find one!). You can also add comparisons between your team and the Sharks.
Hockey is BORING!
icy, just wait for tomorrow night for my challenge. It's definitely going to take you a week to complete it. So get ready!!

Offline Zeltar

• Have a drink, it'll make me look younger.
« Reply #366 on: May 30, 2009, 11:10:22 AM »

Hockey is BORING!
Get the fuck out of my thread right now. That kind of talk doesn't belong here.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #367 on: May 30, 2009, 11:12:15 AM »

Hockey is BORING!
Get the fuck out of my thread right now. That kind of talk doesn't belong here.
Shut up, baby.

Offline Zeltar

« Reply #368 on: May 30, 2009, 11:14:08 AM »
lol

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #369 on: May 30, 2009, 12:48:23 PM »
EDIT

Poopy! Meant to post this in the chat thread

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #370 on: May 30, 2009, 07:57:32 PM »
Hockey is BORING!
I would accept this as a legitimate opinion if I weren't reasonably sure that you like soccer (football, whatever).
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #371 on: May 30, 2009, 08:08:27 PM »
Hockey is BORING!
I would accept this as a legitimate opinion if I weren't reasonably sure that you like soccer (football, whatever).
:lol :lol

Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #372 on: May 30, 2009, 08:25:27 PM »
Hockey is BORING!
If you think that football is boring I will just say that may the Lord guard you in His arms.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #373 on: May 30, 2009, 08:30:17 PM »
Hockey is BORING!
If you think that football is boring I will just say that may the Lord guard you in His arms.
He does, but good Lord, if you find soccer exciting, I have no idea how hockey could possibly be boring.  The concepts are the same (get the ball/puck into the goal, which is protected by a goalie), but adds all kinds of other great things to the mix, like hockey sticks, and razor blades on their feet, and wals that you check the other team's members into.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #374 on: May 30, 2009, 08:52:27 PM »
Hockey is BORING!
He does, but good Lord, if you find soccer exciting, I have no idea how hockey could possibly be boring.  The concepts are the same (get the ball/puck into the goal, which is protected by a goalie), but adds all kinds of other great things to the mix, like hockey sticks, and razor blades on their feet, and wals that you check the other team's members into.
Plus when they're close to them they don't just flop over very gayishly to get a card on the other player.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #375 on: May 30, 2009, 10:07:29 PM »
Hockey is BORING!
He does, but good Lord, if you find soccer exciting, I have no idea how hockey could possibly be boring.  The concepts are the same (get the ball/puck into the goal, which is protected by a goalie), but adds all kinds of other great things to the mix, like hockey sticks, and razor blades on their feet, and wals that you check the other team's members into.
Plus when they're close to them they don't just flop over very gayishly to get a card on the other player.
But to get a "time out"? Please.
I'll give you the fights. When they happen they're cool. No doubt about it.
But hockey suffers from the same syndrome of the NFL: too much equipment. Helmets, shields, skates, sticks... might just roll them in bubble paper and see them crash against each other. At least it's a faster game compared to the NFL.

Football is #1 sport in the world for a reason.

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #376 on: May 31, 2009, 04:21:19 AM »
Football games suffer from the high probability to end up boring. I don't think that it's that high when it comes to hockey. Still, I like football more than hockey (although I'm not very interested in either).
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline bob

« Reply #377 on: May 31, 2009, 07:46:55 AM »
Football games suffer from the high probability to tieing. I don't think that it's that high when it comes to hockey. Still, I like football more than hockey (although I'm not very interested in either).

Fixed (with poor spelling)  :loser:
I bet in hell all the toilet rolls are down the wall....... AND YOU CAN"T CHANGE IT.

BCSL is secretly a concept album about indefinite articles.

Offline Blind_FaithX

• I love music
« Reply #378 on: May 31, 2009, 08:50:11 AM »
Hockey is BORING!
But hockey suffers from the same syndrome of the NFL: too much equipment. Helmets, shields, skates, sticks... might just roll them in bubble paper and see them crash against each other. At least it's a faster game compared to the NFL.

Well the point of the game isn't to get murders on the ice. Just put that equipment and go get hit by a Junior player, you'll see it's not that easy. Also, go on youtube and look at a few hard contacts in hockey... you may change your opinion about the protection that "too much equipment" offers. And finally, just to remember you, in hockey they're shooting a small metal puck all around the ice at sometimes more than 80 miles per hour. If you get hit by that thing without equipment (and even with), I'll let you imagine what the consequences may be.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #379 on: May 31, 2009, 09:55:47 AM »
Hockey is BORING!

Well the point of the game isn't to get murders on the ice. Just put that equipment and go get hit by a Junior player, you'll see it's not that easy. Also, go on youtube and look at a few hard contacts in hockey... you may change your opinion about the protection that "too much equipment" offers. And finally, just to remember you, in hockey they're shooting a small metal puck all around the ice at sometimes more than 80 miles per hour. If you get hit by that thing without equipment (and even with), I'll let you imagine what the consequences may be.
I understand. The same happens with the NFL.

At least in Rugby they seem to have more balls.

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #380 on: May 31, 2009, 10:14:43 AM »
Well, to get this thread back on its Train of Thought, who's suppose to post the next challenge.
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #381 on: May 31, 2009, 10:18:52 AM »
Me.

Offline Zeltar

« Reply #382 on: May 31, 2009, 10:52:44 AM »
Someone change the Axeman needed thing to Axeman fails.

Offline Zeltar

« Reply #383 on: May 31, 2009, 11:53:46 AM »
I also think that because of the lack of boundaries, low amounts of stoppages in play, and the pure speed and physicality of the game, hockey is one of the most exciting sports out there. There are hardly ever boring games as long as you stay away from games where two bad teams play each other and when it comes to playoff hockey, there's nothing like it. I know this is my opinion and it comes from me being a hockey player/fan for the past 16 years, but I honestly can't see how hockey can be considered boring.

Offline Blind_FaithX

• I love music
« Reply #384 on: May 31, 2009, 12:05:10 PM »
I also think that because of the lack of boundaries, low amounts of stoppages in play, and the pure speed and physicality of the game, hockey is one of the most exciting sports out there. There are hardly ever boring games as long as you stay away from games where two bad teams play each other and when it comes to playoff hockey, there's nothing like it. I know this is my opinion and it comes from me being a hockey player/fan for the past 16 years, but I honestly can't see how hockey can be considered boring.

And I don't know for you, but for me, it has become 100x time more exciting since the lock out. The game is now faster and the amount of goals is just perfect for me; not too much and not 1-0 each game like in soccer.