Author Topic: Official My Chemical Romance Thread (they've actually released new music)  (Read 489 times)

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I've just done a quick search and I can't see a thread anywhere, which is surprising.

The band are due to go on tour soon I think and they've just released a new single, The Foundations of Decay.

https://open.spotify.com/album/28SHC2Kn35Nl9yd94CbF3q?si=eUMCdiSgQgupFXGKyRsl5g&utm_source=copy-link

I know there are some hardcore fans around these parts and I have always been a big fan of these guys. Funnily my wife just bought me Welcome to the Black Parade on vinyl, for my birthday. I was destined to go on an MCR kick it seems.

Thoughts?

I've only listened to the single twice but it seems pretty good. It didn't blow me away but I think it could have staying power.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
i want to like it more but the vocal mixing is /so awful/ like. please. let me hear gerard way. he's why i'm here guys

Offline Lowdz

i want to like it more but the vocal mixing is /so awful/ like. please. let me hear gerard way. he's why i'm here guys

I’m never a fan of effects on vocals - it’s usually a sign that the melody should have beeen stronger, but I see what you mean - the vocal is buried. Seems like a good song trying to get out.

WTTBP is one of my favourite albums of this millennium.