Author Topic: Devin Townsend v. Offer Your Posts  (Read 149689 times)

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • Observe The Train
Re: Devin Townsend v. Offer Your Posts
« Reply #2415 on: June 16, 2021, 07:24:44 PM »
I still don't know that much of Devin Townsend's discography yet (I've only heard four of his albums and have only listened to Ocean Machine and Ziltoid the Omniscient a lot), but I think I can safely say that Thing Beyond Things is one of my favorite songs of all time.

The "trilogy" tends to overshadow it but that song is certainly one of the reasons why the last stretch of Ocean Machine is so magical. :)
...in my opinion

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
« Reply #2416 on: June 16, 2021, 07:32:54 PM »
I still don't know that much of Devin Townsend's discography yet (I've only heard four of his albums and have only listened to Ocean Machine and Ziltoid the Omniscient a lot), but I think I can safely say that Thing Beyond Things is one of my favorite songs of all time.

The "trilogy" tends to overshadow it but that song is certainly one of the reasons why the last stretch of Ocean Machine is so magical. :)

I'd say the whole 5-song run from Regulator to Thing Beyond Things is fantastic. The whole album is pretty great, but once Regulator starts, that's when it gets on a whole new level of greatness.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2417 on: July 07, 2021, 06:39:23 PM »
A recent listen of Empath did not change my opinion of it.  I still think it is a bit too schizo and all over the place, and not for the better more often than not, but there are some killer moments.  Singularity is a tough listen, as there are parts of it I cannot get into, but the "There Be Monsters" section is bad as hell (FACE THE REALITY, WAR!!), and then of course the final section is just crazy good.  I just wish the rest of the song around those two sections was as awesome.