Author Topic: The Aristocrats - Guthrie Govan, Bryan Beller, Marco Minnemann (merged)  (Read 12025 times)

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
    • The Foglio Variations
Re: The Aristocrats - Guthrie Govan, Bryan Beller, Marco Minnemann (merged)
« Reply #140 on: July 19, 2015, 12:00:56 PM »
They're great no matter how familiar you are with the material. I saw them in 2013 not knowing ANY of their stuff and had a total blast. I still only have one album and only knew one song they played on Friday. It's all about the energy and dynamic they have- amazing.
I didn't know Bryan Beller either before seeing them but he's awesome. He's played with The Zappas, Vai, on JLB's solo work, and much more.

It hasn't really clicked with me either, the standouts for me are Jack's Back and Smugglers Corridor, those are great.

They played both of those in Denver- so good! I don't have the new album yet but have been meaning to buy it.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #141 on: July 19, 2015, 02:41:21 PM »
Well that's encouraging. I can definitely sense the energy you're talking about, after watching just a couple videos from their live shows on youtube.

I think I'll go ahead and get my ticket 
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2015, 03:58:28 PM »
I'm taking a shot in the dark and guess that this interview got missed by a lot of people in my interviews thread....

I interviewed Bryan Beller on Saturday to help plug their show tomorrow night in St. Paul. Lots of great info on the new album, Joe Satriani album and a new album from LMR (LEvin, Minnemann, Rudess) coming SOON!

https://youtu.be/efFOZ7sqlKQ
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com

Offline pain of occupation

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF Official Thread Killer
« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2015, 08:18:01 PM »
I've been waiting for someone/anyone to resurrect this thread since the new album came out.
'Twas one of my two most highly anticipated albums of the year (along with new BTBAM). and while it ain't quite the monster of an album that Culture Clash was, this fanboy's plenty satisfied.

anyway, if anyone's got a decent chance to see em, I'm not sure how you can pass it up...we spent a few weeks contemplating the feasibility of journey'ing 34 hours round trip to see em in Vancouver but ultimately couldn't pull it off :-(

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2015, 09:00:25 PM »
Oh hey, just did a search because I remembered there being a thread, and I'm the last person who posted in here. Last year. Just saw them last night at the same tiny venue and  :hefdaddy
Anybody else catch this tour yet?

I was especially impressed to know that both Marco and Guthrie had some kind of flu and still were playing like total badasses. But I also washed the shit out of my hands after hugging Marco and shaking his hand  :lol

Nice! 

I missed them the last time they came around. I've seen them once and would definitely see them again but I didn't have anything in the budget when they came through. Love the live album I have that I picked up at the show.

A lot of the concerts I've been going to lately have been "day of" decisions (Except for Rush of course.)

Last month we saw Ginger Baker's last gig on his US tour and last week it was The Stu Hamm Band with Alex Skolnick and Joel Taylor (Fusion bliss...you'd probably like them. Really great guys too. They patiently signed all my CD booklets.)

I'm really hoping Marco finds time for a solo tour.....

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2015, 09:05:10 PM »
What's the merch for those who have seen this current tour?

Does the band hang around after playing?
"There's no way in hell that John Petrucci's gonna do something that sucks.  It just doesn't happen." - Jordan Rudess

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
    • The Foglio Variations
« Reply #146 on: July 22, 2015, 08:48:03 PM »
Yes, the band hangs around (see above photo  :P)... as for merch, I didn't get a chance to look!

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: July 23, 2015, 02:45:38 PM »
They're gonna be here the day after Weird Al (taking my 6 year old daughter to see him). I didn't go to the last time they were around and was bummed about it. I might have to miss this one too due to closeness to another show (I don't like going back to back, jacks my hearing up for days).

Online Skeever

« Reply #148 on: July 23, 2015, 04:31:36 PM »
I'm taking a shot in the dark and guess that this interview got missed by a lot of people in my interviews thread....

I interviewed Bryan Beller on Saturday to help plug their show tomorrow night in St. Paul. Lots of great info on the new album, Joe Satriani album and a new album from LMR (LEvin, Minnemann, Rudess) coming SOON!

https://youtu.be/efFOZ7sqlKQ

Awesome interview. New LMR will be great. Wish they could make it LMRG(ovan) - that would be a "DT Killer"!

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #149 on: July 23, 2015, 04:59:01 PM »
Yes, the band hangs around (see above photo  :P)... as for merch, I didn't get a chance to look!

LOL

Thanks. I just want to get a pic with the guys and maybe get my cds signed. Love this band!
"There's no way in hell that John Petrucci's gonna do something that sucks.  It just doesn't happen." - Jordan Rudess

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
    • The Foglio Variations
« Reply #150 on: July 25, 2015, 01:08:35 AM »
Yeah, you shouldn't have a problem with that. They are super nice/friendly. I wish I could see them again in another city!

Online rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
Been on a binge listening session lately of these guys. So good, especially the fact they pull this off live. Rubber chicken solo!
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline goo-goo

Been on a binge listening session lately of these guys. So good, especially the fact they pull this off live. Rubber chicken solo!

Funny, I've been listening to Erotic Cakes (Guthrie's solo album). Awesome album!

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DT.net Veteran
Erotic Cakes is phenomenal. There is some seriously good songwriting there.

Online MinistroRaven

• LotsOfMuzik
« Reply #154 on: November 19, 2018, 09:54:08 PM »

Excited!!!

:metal

Offline deggs37

« Reply #155 on: November 19, 2018, 10:00:59 PM »

Excited!!!

:metal

Woohoo! I love these guys so much. Can't wait to hear what they have in store for us next.