Author Topic: Symphony X thread!  (Read 154968 times)

Offline ErHaO

Re: Symphony X thread!
« Reply #2416 on: October 10, 2018, 05:45:50 PM »
Don't know if this was posted back in July, Russel posted this on fb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwIy1xkbDIU&feature=youtu.be

It is a clip of Russel performing in honor of Dave, during a fundraiser in his honor. He really kicks ass vocally. I hope Russel is recovering well emotionally, he is obviously still dealing with it.

Offline bosk1

• Bow down to Boskaryus
  • Administrator
  • Kabbalah
« Reply #2417 on: October 11, 2018, 08:35:20 AM »
Pretty cool.  I've always liked that song, and this version is VERY close to Badlands' cover, which is just incredible (my band did that version of it).  It is obvious from the way Russ sang it that he is very familiar with that version.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2418 on: January 10, 2019, 05:23:42 AM »
Bump to say that I just saw mentioned on FB that Symphony X will be playing four dates in Italy in May. European tour and a new album to support it in the works?

Also, isn't this the first time for Russell to be back on stage with the guys after the accident with A-Mob?
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #2419 on: January 10, 2019, 05:53:53 AM »
With the S-X guys, probably.  But he did the TSO tour this Christmas season, didn't he?
I think Jingle is right as rain
warflwwcesfw.
That's meme-speak for "We are really f*****g lazy when we can't eve say full words".

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #2420 on: January 10, 2019, 07:43:32 AM »
Russell did TSO in the winter.

I don't think they would release a new album for the European tour. I believe they just started writing and getting back together. Maybe they could play a new song...

Also, Romeo has Pt 2 of his solo album to be released. Hopefully that could come out sooner than the new SyX. Really excited for SyX. Love that band.
"There's no way in hell that John Petrucci's gonna do something that sucks.  It just doesn't happen." - Jordan Rudess

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #2421 on: January 15, 2019, 01:58:21 PM »
I just absolutely love Michal Romeos solo album. The vocals are superb imo, and very well written songs! Gotta love the Star Wars themes glittered throughout. The guitar sound is excellent too on this release.
I also hope we get a part 2 before the next Symphony X release. I would like them to take their time making the next SX album something unequivocal.  :metal
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline As I Am

« Reply #2422 on: January 15, 2019, 02:31:43 PM »
I just absolutely love Michal Romeos solo album. The vocals are superb imo, and very well written songs!

:metal