News:

The staff at DTF wish to remind you all that a firm grasp of the rules of Yahtzee can save your life and the lives of your loved ones.  Be safe out there.

Main Menu

"Our forums can't repel news of this magnitude!!!" TRANSIMPERIAL FLIES AGAIN!

Started by bosk1, March 31, 2010, 07:06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

changing_seasons

I'm sorry, but for people who don't know the Star Wars story, this is the biggest meh of the year.

bosk1

Quote from: changing_seasons on April 01, 2010, 08:32:22 AM
I'm sorry, but for people who don't know the Star Wars story, this is the biggest meh of the year.

Yes, but I'm sure both of you can be patient and wait it out for a few hours.

glaurung

What the hell is wrong with you? Go watch Star Wars right now!

changing_seasons

Quote from: Lord Väder on April 01, 2010, 08:32:57 AM

I don't mind the new theme though, and I appreciate the cultural significance of Star Wars (to Americans at least).

OsMosis2259

omg this is amazing. at first i was like WTF where is DTF but i saw the calendar and you guys really got me.  Kudos!

yeshaberto

hefdaddy42

Quote from: Perpetual Change on April 01, 2010, 05:58:37 AM
Quote from: TempusVox on April 01, 2010, 05:49:18 AM
"And you're dancing with the midochlorians
Taking a step to set us all free
You are dancing with the midochlorians
Why aren't they mentioned in the original trilogy?"

:metal :metal :metal :biggrin:

Post of the Year.

EDIT: Oh wait, that's in hef's lyrics.  POTY, Hef.
I didn't write that one.  There were some last minute rewrites of some sections.  That was either Splent, Nick, ReaPsTa, or bosky.

But it's definitely one of my favorites!
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

bosk1

Sir GuitarCozmo

hefdaddy42

Quote from: Lord Väder on April 01, 2010, 08:32:57 AM

Him and Chino.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Jamesman42

:rollin :rollin :rollin Amazing, this is why DTF rules.

So, um, whose idea was it to replace the blatantly Christian member of TA with the evil Darth Vader.  :lol :lol
\o\ lol /o/

hefdaddy42

Jamesman42

\o\ lol /o/

antigoon

Phantasmatron

Progmetty

That's just you and me hehe

LCArenas

I hope Darth Vader does a better vocal work than the one he did in his Tay Zonday tribute band: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6dUCOS1bM0

kirbywelch92

My eyes contracted whenever I was expecting the screen to be black. This is the best parody in DTF history, I'm glad I've been listening to the Whirlwind lately or I wouldn't have really appreciated it.

masterthes

Dr. SeaWolf

:lol How long did it take you guys to put this together?  Those lyrics must've taken hours to write.

bosk1

Quote from: SeaWolf on April 01, 2010, 02:22:58 PM
:lol How long did it take you guys to put this together?  Those lyrics must've taken hours to write.

They did.  We started writing them a couple of months ago.  And even though there was a bit of a break where we didn't do much, it still took a while.  I just went back and read through them one more time, actually singing them in my head to The Whirlwind melody, and I'm really happy with how they turned out.  I would absolutely die if the guys launched into a verse of these lyrics at one of the upcoming shows, even if it was just a line or two.

In the beginning, Hef, Reap, and I did about half the lyrics and the general outline for how the story of episodes I-VI would fit into various parts of The Whirlwind just fell right into place.  Then we just filled in the holes.  Splent and Nick jumped in toward the end and mainly worked on the last part.  Honestly, some of the stuff they came up with for that was just brilliant and I never would have thought of doing it that way.  I still had to go back and retool a few things that didn't quite fit the overall themes, but I still have to give them a huge round of applause for how they worked that part out.

lonestar

All bacon cooked today will be done in your guys' honor.  Well done.
Quote from: Stadler on January 20, 2022, 12:15:29 PMLonestar, speaking wise.  :)

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

ariich

:lol Yeah as bosk said this has been in the works for ages. I did the album art ages ago, before we even thought of turning into an April Fools thing. :biggrin:

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

Nick

Bosk skipped the part where I was so excited about big Transatlantic news that they didn't even let me know about any of this until about a month before launch. :lol

bosk1

Since I don't think it's been posted, and we should archive this information along with the rest of this thread, here are the threads in other forums where we posted:

Neal Morse Forum

Mike Portnoy Forum

Marillion Forum

The Flower Kings Forum

hefdaddy42

And now, for the coup de grace (not even bosky has seen this yet):

bosk1

hefdaddy42

bosk1

So, you know how the Flower Kings' forum has the Google ads box in the upper left?  I guess it must either read your cookies or at least your recent history or something, because now when I go back to that forum to check on the TransImperial thread, the ads are for the following:

-Star Wars fans dating
Star Wars Fans Like You are Nearby Meet & Date on Geek 2 Geek
www.Gk2gk.com

-Lightsabers
Shop Our Huge Lightsabers Selection. Start Saving Today.
Become.com

-Luke Lightsaber
70+ Lightsabers at Great Prices Shop, Compare and Save at Pronto.
Lightsaber.Pronto.com

:rollin

hefdaddy42

I don't know what any of those sites are, but that's pretty funny.

bosk1

I was going to say, "you just now noticed that?"  But in all fairness, both Hef and I looked at it a couple of times after rumby made it and didn't realize it was there either, so...  :lol

Ultimetalhead

I didn't catch the "rumborak" at the end of that the first time. I saw it this time and split a gut laughing.

Rafael Guerra