Author Topic: The Anime Thread V. Bebop  (Read 228201 times)

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
Re: The Anime Thread V. Bebop
« Reply #1610 on: May 08, 2019, 11:49:01 AM »
There's a lot of anime out there like that. I'm not sure why Disney gets to do it and have adults be into it but anime had a really rough start and has a huge stigma thanks to some overzealous fans and some really ignorant people with a lot of judgement.

Brotherhood is still my favorite anime simply because of its dedication to the source material coupling with that beautiful animation and the consistency of all of it. Parasyte comes close for the same reason, but I still can't believe the Brotherhood studio kept it up for that long.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1611 on: May 08, 2019, 01:05:02 PM »
So whats the deal with there being Full metal Alchemist and also brotherhood? What was the motivation of remaking it so soon? And most importantly, which one should I watch?

I'm about 8 episodes into the original, but thinking about switching to Brotherhood

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #1612 on: May 08, 2019, 01:26:06 PM »
The original manga's creator, Hiromu Arakawa, requested the studio to deviate from the source material's plot about halfway through into the original 2003 anime  So the first few episodes of FMA 2003 will be similar to Brotherhood but goes on to do its own thing later on. Brotherhood is through and through true to the source material manga.

I'd say FMA 2003 is worth a watch, but personally it doesn't hold a candle to Brotherhood. Animation, characters, the plot, and pretty much everything in it are so much better.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 01:31:55 PM by ThatOneGuy2112 »

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #1613 on: May 08, 2019, 02:12:21 PM »
Seconding that, Brotherhood is one of the best anime ever made. I'd honestly recommend you watch both though, as the original FMA is a classic and is also one of the best anime ever made. Brotherhood is better tho.

Also I'm watching One Punch Man Season 2 and Attack on Titan Season 3 (part 2) currently. Both are going really well so far. OPM2 isn't quite as good as OPM1 so far but it's only 4 eps in and only just starting to pick up steam. The last two episodes have been great so far

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1614 on: July 08, 2019, 11:02:57 AM »
I am watching neon genesis evangelion for the first time. I like it

Offline Grizz

« Reply #1615 on: July 08, 2019, 10:55:31 PM »
Same. I'm waiting for my buddy to watch EoE with me.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1616 on: July 09, 2019, 10:53:21 AM »
I am watching neon genesis evangelion for the first time. I like it
Oh boi

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1617 on: July 21, 2019, 08:26:56 AM »
Just finished Evangelion

What a wild ride.

Offline Grizz

« Reply #1618 on: July 21, 2019, 12:02:57 PM »
So... KyoAni.

So tragic.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1619 on: September 02, 2019, 04:21:18 PM »
Just watched the movie The End of Evangelion

I understand nothing  :lol

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1620 on: January 01, 2020, 05:10:02 PM »
Just watched the movie The End of Evangelion

I understand nothing  :lol

The whole world's become [spoiler].

I think it's about time to rewatch Evangelion.
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1621 on: January 01, 2020, 05:45:01 PM »
I think it's about time to rewatch Evangelion.
I've been feeling the need to scratch that itch lately. Might start soon...

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1622 on: December 13, 2020, 07:37:47 AM »
Just stumbled upon a pretty damn good Anime.  Psycho-pass

Dystopian future like minority report where you are arrested based on you "potential" to commit crimes. Story follows the agents and their tracking down "latent" criminals. Really enjoying it

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1623 on: March 11, 2021, 12:23:24 AM »
I am new to anime, I thought I would check some out. I did some research yesterday and Attack On Titan was often mentioned as a good starting point. I watched the two first episodes last night and I like it so far. The episodes are so short though, it feels like I haven't really started yet. Last year I saw Spirited Away for the first time and thought it was such a weird and strange movie. So I was put off by pursuing anime for a long while after that.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline bahamutofskycon

« Reply #1624 on: March 11, 2021, 05:52:12 AM »
Just stumbled upon a pretty damn good Anime.  Psycho-pass

Dystopian future like minority report where you are arrested based on you "potential" to commit crimes. Story follows the agents and their tracking down "latent" criminals. Really enjoying it

Really awesome anime. Season 2 is not as good as season 1, but it’s still decent and worth watching. S2 presents interesting ideas but doesn’t execute them as well, in my opinion. But the movie and then seasons 3 and 4 are awesome again.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1625 on: April 14, 2021, 05:32:11 PM »
Well, I've been slowly trying to get back into watching anime.

The most recent series I've been watching is called "Science fell in love so I tried to prove it."  It's a romcom about two post-graduate students that realizes they have fallen in love with each other and they tried to do all kinds of experiments and tests to see how they can prove with science that they are indeed in love with each other.  They are pretty nerdy like that.  Rounding out the cast is a woman that sees how pointless this whole experiment is and just want the main couple to get to the point already and two people that are childhood friends with each other (one that is not as smart as everyone else and one that is a short person that's really smart, but she is pretty lazy and loves playing video games).

I've read a few chapters of the manga on this and saw a few episodes and had a good laugh about it.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1626 on: January 13, 2023, 03:29:04 PM »
Just watched Paprika for the first time

I had huge expectations as its from the same guy that did Perfect Blue, but sadly I just couldn't get into this movie. Oh well

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1627 on: January 21, 2023, 02:43:23 PM »
It's been years since I watched Paprika.  I don't remember enjoying it as much as Perfect Blue or Millennium Actress.  I should watch it again.

I've been watching a bit of anime lately.  Rewatched Toradora and NHK ni Youkoso.  I watched one new anime and loved it: Bocchi the Rock.  Would highly recommend it to anyone.
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.