Author Topic: Caracas Show Video (The "pre-first DT" show anxiety)  (Read 3795 times)

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
Caracas Show Video (The "pre-first DT" show anxiety)
« on: March 23, 2010, 05:42:42 PM »
Tomorrow in Caracas, Venezuela. Since I bought my ticket, I just sketched out in my mind at least 100 different possibilities at how I can meet Jordan, stumble upon one of them or they can get lost in the city and end up coming to my house and having some coffee (:lol). Tomorrow is finally the day and I think they are probably arriving in the country in about 30 minutes. It will be the my first DT show and not new to anyone, its a pretty unique thing, epecially with the awesome setlists I see on the other SA countries. I´m gonna take the camera and I really hope to film and edit some awesome material to share later  :)

Side note: Any Venezuelan people around here? Anyone that is also excited for tomorrow? The last time they actually came to Caracas was 5 years ago.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 07:10:47 PM by Rafael Guerra »
Crossing bridges in the sky.

Offline razorsedge

Re: The "pre-first DT" show anxiety
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 07:50:19 PM »
all i can contribute is a hearty, "enjoy yourself."  you'll have a blast. 

keys and gates. That's some fantasy shit right there.

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 08:05:40 PM »
Thanks dude, I am sure it willl be awesome!

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 08:30:24 PM »
Yo creí que ya habían ido a Venezuela dos veces. Le deseo lo mejor en el concierto, es una experiencia increíble.

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 10:37:13 PM »
awesome, and I hope you have a chance to meet one of them (or even come to your house)  :biggrin:

Offline Mladen

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 02:56:04 AM »
I love the pre-show anxieties, you gotta treasure those moments. It's just something wonderful.

And, of course, have a good night.  :tup

Offline perfey

• Stiletto in the sand
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 05:57:34 AM »
I agree on what have been said, have fun at the show!

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 10:47:21 AM »
Thanks everybody, i´m leaving home like 5 hours before the show. Everything can happen tonight.

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 11:41:56 AM »
Noob question: Some shows allow people to bring video cameras (handycams) and others dont. Usually, can people bring cameras to DT shows, or does it depend a lot WHERE the show is? I really want to film with my good HD handycam, but if its not possible, i guess it will have to be the iPhone.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 12:02:31 PM »
Well, you're definitely right to be anxious. What they've recently taken to doing is taking any fan who posts on a Dream Theater message board, bringing them onto the stage, and asking them to play the Metropolis unison. On any instrument, as long as it's the oboe.

If the fan gets a note wrong, the band just walk off, disappointed that their fanbase clearly isn't loyal enough in this neck of the woods, and refuse to play an encore.

Good luck!

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 01:01:12 PM »
Well, you're definitely right to be anxious. What they've recently taken to doing is taking any fan who posts on a Dream Theater message board, bringing them onto the stage, and asking them to play the Metropolis unison. On any instrument, as long as it's the oboe.

If the fan gets a note wrong, the band just walk off, disappointed that their fanbase clearly isn't loyal enough in this neck of the woods, and refuse to play an encore.

Good luck!
Aw, damn it...I only know how to play the glass prison arpeggio section  :-[
Yeah, lol, i know it sonunds ridiculous to see a noob in his first show, in 10 years I will laugh at myself, but nevertheless it is the first DT show I´m going to.

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 03:52:31 PM »

Good luck!

Jesus, how could I forget when that happened? Good times!

Offline robwebster

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 05:48:30 PM »

Good luck!
Aw, damn it...I only know how to play the glass prison arpeggio section  :-[
Yeah, lol, i know it sonunds ridiculous to see a noob in his first show, in 10 years I will laugh at myself, but nevertheless it is the first DT show I´m going to.
Haha, nah it's cool! My first Dream Theater gig was also my first professional gig full stop. Bloody excited I was. Also bloody loved it! Have a fantastic time.

(But don't mess up that oboe solo.)

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 06:03:26 PM »
When I saw DT here in Miami, I was in the "VIP lounge" or whatever talking to this student from Moscow who said "This my first time in America, first ever concert ever, and is front row seat too. Fucking cool, man". The dude was hilarious :lol
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2010, 07:25:30 AM »
No words for the concert here. I really think DT likes Venezuela. The crowd, especially me, seemed like we were waiting for their arrival for a long time, we sang every word of every song, it was just so fucking unbeliavable.

Bigelf: What a sweet surprise! People clearly didnt know their lyrics, but everybody loved the songs and they really "heated up" everybody with a pretty cool energy.

The suspense song before the show: Oh man, heard so many times in YouTube and CIM and yesterday i saw that live.

ANTR: The curtain falling, OMG, that was so great!

THe setlist: As SW would say, "Time Flies", because the setlist was amazing and quick.They played Beyond This Life which totally rocked balls, people were crazy. TCOT live is also something undescribable.

What else is there to say? Well, I filmed some parts and I will post them soon, just wait!

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
Re: Caracas Show Video (The "pre-first DT" show anxiety)
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 07:12:01 PM »
Here is a mashup of some moments I took. Audio SUCKS balls but at least I covered some of the cool moments. We were not allowed to fiilm and the security came two times to take the camera away, but I managed to film some little instances:

Here is it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNY_D7a5Zak

Offline Martinman300

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2010, 03:32:31 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYkNN1GI7lg&feature=related

What is up with labrie? he is having real trouble for some reason...

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 11:35:27 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYkNN1GI7lg&feature=related

What is up with labrie? he is having real trouble for some reason...
Yeah, it wasnt a very good night for him  :-[
It was the end of the tour and ITNOG was one of the last songs. In general, he was ok but he didnt really shine like Jordan or Petrucci, who really made magic in the night!

Offline Martinman300

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 01:20:30 PM »
Yeah but there's bad nights and then there's bad nights. I can remember the last time i saw labrie not even trying to sing the high notes..

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2010, 05:22:13 PM »
Yeah but there's bad nights and then there's bad nights. I can remember the last time i saw labrie not even trying to sing the high notes..

Yeah, that was a very bad night for him. I'd imagine his voice wasn't in the best shape, and he wasn't gonna take any chances with the Maiden tour up around the bend.

Offline reneranucci

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2010, 08:13:14 PM »

Yeah, that was a very bad night for him. I'd imagine his voice wasn't in the best shape, and he wasn't gonna take any chances with the Maiden tour up around the bend.
Definitely. Even I could sing the songs the way he does in that video  :lol

Offline Martinman300

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2010, 01:53:20 AM »
Apparently there was a forest fire nearby or something and lots of smoke outside.

Offline ACID_FOX

• DTF's Offical Arctic Monkeys Fanboy.
  • But You're Just Fiction, And I'm A Twisted Boy.
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2010, 04:08:29 AM »
I know it isn't techinically great, but I thought that sounded really cool when sung lower, especially with Mike more prominent than James.  :P
I only like ablums that I can xanascholithoun.

Offline Martinman300

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2010, 04:38:02 AM »
Sometimes i think that if he didnt  try to hit high notes when hes having a bad day, it would be better and he wouldnt get bashed for not doing it right..

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2010, 08:20:36 AM »
Apparently there was a forest fire nearby or something and lots of smoke outside.
Well, what happened here was that the Avila mountain, the main mountain in Caracas, started to burn a lot for unknown reasons and the mountain kept burning for hours, it was actualy pretty cool (imagine if we would have watched the show with streams of fire in the background when ANTR starts...damn!), but the thing is: The city was covered in dust or whatever you wanna call it, it smelled literally like hell.

Picture: https://www.infociudadano.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/9-incendio2.jpg