Author Topic: Motorcycle Thread  (Read 72933 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: Motorcycle Thread
« Reply #175 on: April 05, 2018, 07:10:22 PM »
Well...

1. I went to go see the bike tonight
2. It was pristine and beautiful. Almost like it was new
3. Rode like an absolute dream
4. Fit me like a glove and it was love at first sight
5. I had cash in hand (and even would have given the dude the full amount, it was that good)

but

* He lost the god damn title  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:  :'( :'( :'( :'( >:( :censored :censored :'( :'( :facepalm: :facepalm:

Why god?   I almost cried

But the good news is he has applied for a replacement title (he showed me a copy of the original) its legit, he's legit. So I said to him, give me a call when you get the title and we'll go from there.

But on the bright side, I felt joy in my heart riding that bike that I can't describe in words. And the last time I felt it was years ago when I was on the 250 in the safety course. But damn man, the 650 is a BIG jump up. This was my first time on a bike in 5 years and the 650 was little intimidating at first, but I was able to ride around an empty parking lot and get my bearings and once I did, it felt pretty good. Man, It so torquey, which is great. It just took some getting used to. I knew for a fact finishing the safety course that a 250 I would outgrow on my first day after buying one, so I am glad I am going the SV route. This 650 feels perfect to me, something I can really grown in to. But its no joke.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 07:38:06 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #176 on: April 05, 2018, 08:34:40 PM »
Don't get too down, he probably does have the title. Hell I just lost the title to my BMW a little over a year ago, it happens. Plus SV's are not high on the theft list.

That said, don't get it without the title in hand and make sure the vin's match up on the frame.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #177 on: April 06, 2018, 04:26:35 AM »
Thanks. Good points.

Yeah, I'm just gonna sit tight until he get's that replacement title. Its apparently supposed to snow this week, so its not like I was gonna be riding it anyway  :lol

But man, was it nice to be on that bike.

But in other news, I was killing time yesterday looking at a whole lot of bikes. Went to the Harley dealership and saw this beauty

Dyna Low rider. If it wasn't 15,000 I would have seriously considered it. Also the salesperson was super aggressive, so that made me lose all interest as well. I even told her I was gonna buy a bike that night and everything was all set up and despite that she's like "how's your credit? Let's take pics of you on the bike, let me get the paper work"   I was like Oh my god, just let me breathe. But anywho,  A couple years down the line I would like to get a cruiser as bike 2 in addition to the SV.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #178 on: April 06, 2018, 04:50:16 AM »
Yea I want a cruiser now too. Riding the R6 to work can be a bitch in traffic.

I can relate the dealership experience. I'm starting to shop for a new car and I'm dreading going to the dealers.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #179 on: April 06, 2018, 06:55:21 AM »
What would be your ideal cruiser if you had your pick?

I am narrowed down between the Harley Fatboy or that Low rider that was pictured. The fatboy is HUGE, but apparently great and very comfortable for long distance, but on the flip side the Low rider fit like a glove. There's still plenty of time for me to think about it though.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #180 on: April 06, 2018, 06:47:14 PM »
I love the fatboy, or maybe something still a little sporty I'd go for the diavel. I took a diavel for a spin a few years ago during a demo and it was amazing, simply an incredible bike. Hrmm you've given me something to think about it.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #181 on: April 07, 2018, 02:05:34 PM »
The fat boy was the first bike I ever fell in love with, ever since seeing Terminator 2 as a young kid. The diavel is badass as well, I really love Ducati's.

You ever hear of Skyline Drive?

Its a super popular road in shenandoah virginia. Its gorgeous and It draws motorcycle riders from all over the country. Its about a little over 4 hours away from both of us coming from two separate directions.

If you do end up getting a more comfortable long distance bike, let me know. Maybe one day we could do a meet up or something.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #182 on: April 07, 2018, 05:22:17 PM »
I haven't heard of that particular road but I'd love to check it out. I'm not sure if I asked you before but have you gone down to the tail of the dragon?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #183 on: April 07, 2018, 05:36:56 PM »
Not yet, but the Tail of the Dragon is definitely on my to do list. That is one kick ass road.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #184 on: April 07, 2018, 05:42:18 PM »
Any word on the SV?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #185 on: April 07, 2018, 05:45:28 PM »
Well, he said on thursday that he would submit the Application for a new title asap, so I'm assuming that was yesterday. Figure 7-10 days for him to get it so hopefully I get a call from him like next friday-ish.

So no formal word yet, but I am ready with cash in hand. This one was in such great shape, I don't mind waiting a little. But I am very ready. I daydream a little each day of how good it felt to ride.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2018, 11:02:47 AM »
I am pretty disappointed with this seller. It was supposed to be 7-10 days for him to get the replacement title. Which would be right around today.

So I finally get the text today and was super excited. I was looking forward to it all week and it 75 and sunny out right now. Only for the guy to tell me that he's been on vacation the last 7 days and didn't submit any paperwork before leaving. So he's says he'll do it now and wants to know if I'm definitely buying the bike so he can take his ad down so he doen't have to be bothered by getting emails and texts.

Screw him, I'm not committing to anything. He has now let me down twice and I don't care about his ad or him being inconvenienced by it.

I told him when he gets the title, he can text me. If I don't have a bike by the time he texts me, then we can talk and that's it. I don't like being let down twice.

screw this guy.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 11:40:29 AM by Phoenix87x »

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2018, 12:53:37 PM »
Thats fucked and highly suspicious. Why would even put the bike for sale without the title in the first place let alone not submit paperwork when you have a buy ready and go on vacation.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #188 on: April 14, 2018, 01:18:29 PM »
I know right?

This guy has really let me down. I gave him his 7 days to get his act together, but now I'm actively looking again. And honestly, if I don't have any success with-in a week or so, I may just go to the powersport dealer and get a 2017 SV650.

Yeah, its $6000, but its sitting there ready to go and at this point, I am just ready to ride already.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #189 on: April 14, 2018, 01:58:54 PM »
Yea it’s a shitty situation but I’d chuck it up to a loss at this point. He seems like he wants to get rid of it while putting in no effort.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #190 on: April 14, 2018, 02:11:12 PM »
Part of me thinks he's stalling on purpose. He specifically said he didn't want to stop riding. Its that his wife told him he wasn't allowed to anymore, lol.

Oh, what tangled webs we weave. I think its time I get out of this mess.

The search begins again.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 02:20:23 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #191 on: April 21, 2018, 03:43:39 PM »
Here goes another disappointing update.

The guy finally gets the title and calls me. I am gung ho and ready to go. We set a date to meet at the title transfer place and its about to go through.

Then he utterly refuses to budge even one dollar on the price $3750. Its a 12 year old bike, which needs a new battery (his own words) and on top of that he's been jerking me around for 2 weeks. On principle alone, I'm not giving him full price. I had money in hand ready to go on day one when I first checked it out.

He dropped the ball twice when I was ready to do business. It felt like a slap in the face. I would have even done $3600. And he even was telling me about his trip to Germany (so clearly, he doesn't need the full amount). The whole thing is lame.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #192 on: April 21, 2018, 06:37:07 PM »
Screw him at this point. I wouldn't return any of his calls or have any contact with him.

There are millions of bikes out there, he doesn't own the only SV at this point.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #193 on: April 21, 2018, 08:48:44 PM »
Thanks Reaper, I appreciate that.

Yeah, it is definitely time to move on at this point. Enough is enough.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #194 on: April 24, 2018, 12:13:04 PM »
Alright, so here it is. FINALLY

I went to the dealer today and bought a 2017 SV650.  It had 500 miles on it and it was $5995

It rode fantastic and I love it. Case closed

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #195 on: April 24, 2018, 06:00:45 PM »
Goddamn that is one sexy bike! Congrats, I know it's been a long road to get here but I'm sure you're happy as hell. Stay safe out there!

Do you have any plans for mods?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #196 on: April 24, 2018, 06:50:53 PM »
Thanks

I may throw a yosh pipe on there, but besides that I don't have anything specific in mind at the moment. The stock exhaust doesn't sound too bad and I can't go too loud because of these condo home owners association people. They allow motorcycles as long as they aren't obnoxious loud, so we'll see. Perhaps also some frame sliders in the future. I did order an Iphone mount so that way I can use the GPS.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #197 on: May 21, 2018, 04:07:06 PM »
Well, today was one hell of a day. I've been riding pretty frequently, but today I did 120 miles on the bike. The SV650 did pretty well as far as comfort goes. I'm a little bit ache-y, but nowhere near as ache-y as I would have been on a super sport  :lol

But anyway, the people I was riding with had Harley's and I totally have the bug. The comfort of a cruiser is calling to me. I'm saving to get this Fat Boy S

It will probably be a next season purchase, but I am saving for it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 04:15:34 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #198 on: May 21, 2018, 09:11:49 PM »
The fat boy is a nice cruising bike, I'd love to have one. Depending on how big bonuses are next year maybe I can make it happen.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #199 on: June 12, 2018, 04:24:00 PM »
Well, I've put almost 1000 miles on the SV650. Its been great and I am glad I chose it as my first bike. I've ridden the crap out of it, devloped my skills and even though I haven't had it all that long, to be totally honest, I feel like I want to try something else.

I haven't made up my mind totally yet, but I'm gonna trade the SV650 in and get either:

Harley fatboy

Or

Honda CBR 600RR

I'm still really not sure what direction to go in, but I am going to try and get one or another with in the next month or two.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #200 on: June 12, 2018, 08:05:18 PM »
Those are two very different bikes. What do you think you'll be doing? Are you going to cruise around town or do you want carve up the twisties?

Take it from someone who rides his bike to work, it sucks, seating sucks, torque band sucks, gearing sucks but on the weekends it's amazing.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #201 on: June 12, 2018, 08:20:21 PM »
Those are all very good points. I was sitting on a few 600's today at the dealer (including an R6) and I was trying to contort myself in like 10 different ways to try and justify to myself that I could make it work, but damn the super sports are so uncomfortable.

Its probably gonna be a 1 day (maybe 2 day) a week 1-2 hour recreational ride, primarily on the twisties, but some main roads as well.

Now, the ultimate game plan is to have both the harley and a supersport, so its really a matter of which one do I want to deal with for the next 6 months or so, until I save enough cash to get bike #2.

I have no idea though. Got to think about it a lot.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #202 on: June 12, 2018, 09:22:58 PM »
I’ve put myself in your position since I read your post and I’ve been changing my mind on which bike every 10 minutes lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #203 on: June 15, 2018, 10:25:48 AM »
Yeah, I've been going around in circles as well.

Basically, the harley I would still have to save for. They are all around 10 grand. There's a cbr 600 that is about 150 miles away from me. Its a 2008 with low miles and I could trade the SV650 and almost have it be an even swap, so I'm kind of thinking about that route.

But I have also just found out about these:

Suzuki GSX S1000

Honestly, my only issue with the SV is that I feel like I've already outgrown it, which made me want to go 600, but this thing apparently uses the GSX R 1000 engine or something very similar to it, so its something to consider. Naked and upright seating position. Just as comfortable as the SV, but a crap ton more power. The "super naked" if you will. So we'll see.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #204 on: June 15, 2018, 11:45:00 AM »
I’m a huge fan of naked liter bikes. I took the bmw s1000r at a demo ride event and it was a beast. So much power.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #205 on: June 18, 2018, 04:06:45 PM »
Well, today was one HELL of a day. Oh my god

My friend randomly calls me up and is like Yo, Moto Guzzi is having a demo day, lets go ride random bikes all day. And I was like hell yeah

There was SOOO much to choose from

The first thing I rode (and I can't believe I'm not dead) was the Aprilia rsv4

I can't believe I got on this thing. I was toying around with checking out a 600cc to see if I would like it, but never got to ride one, and here I am jumping right on a Liter bike, a 200hp liter bike!!!!! I honestly didn't even know what I was getting on. I just thought "oh, it looks like one of those supersports I am interested in".  And it was utter insanity. One of the most intense, scary and amazing experiences of my entire life. My heart is still racing thinking about it. I was screaming my head off with excitement and terror. I loved it and also despised it. 

Let me echo some wise words:

Take it from someone who rides his bike to work, it sucks, seating sucks, torque band sucks, gearing sucks but on the weekends it's amazing.

You were Right!!! so very right. I wanted to die. My back and neck hurt so much and it still hurts hours later. It was only a 20 min ride and I just wanted it to end. I am sooo glad I had a chance to actual experience one, because I was gung ho on buying a 600cc. But today's experiance has really made me cool my jets. Now that being said, it was sexy as fuck and I have the utmost respect for it, but that riding position is really not for me.

So then I rode this El dorado cruiser

I was trying to get an experience close to the Fat boy and once again I was surprised that I didn't really like it. Its hard to explain, but it felt very complacent. You are just kinda puttering along. Boots fully on the floor boards, sitting kinda slouched, just kinda going with it. I like to be lazor focused when I ride and the SV650 allows that. It keeps you in a position which keeps you on the ball and the cruiser just felt kind of lackadaisical. I did not feel in control.  And scrapping floorboards with the slightest lean is frustrating, as I like to get down in the corners. Oh well. I am going to have to try a legit couple of harleys so I can really make up my mind.

So the ultimate irony is that after the demo, I got back on my SV650 and it fit like a glove and was my favorite bike that I rode today.  :lol Go figure. So I think I will keep it for a while and really think things over.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 04:28:22 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #206 on: June 18, 2018, 06:14:21 PM »
YASSS THE RS4, that is one gorgeous bike. It seems like you rode the top tear of every class of bike available. My gut feeling is if you want something that fits like a glove but has some more umpf then find yourself an S1000R. It's pure insanity.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #207 on: June 19, 2018, 05:46:15 AM »
Do you ever see yourself giving up the R6? Or will it always be apart of your line up?

I really like the 2018 GSX S 750. At this point I don't think I need the monster power of a 1000 GSX, so the 750 would be a nice in-between. I love the look as well. It definitely has a sleeker profile than the 1000, which I like. Lean and mean. Agile.

But since its so similar in style to the SV650, I'm really in no rush. Maybe a next season kind of thing. Who knows.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #208 on: June 19, 2018, 08:45:10 PM »
I don't think I'll give up the R6 for sentimental reasons. I've had it for a long time and my previous bikes weren't as reliable or as fun. My R6 just runs and is bulletproof. It's also the first bike I've owned that made me really fall in love with riding.

My dad had a 750 and I really liked it, the torque makes all the difference. Like you said it's a great between bike which is exactly what Suzi was aiming for.

The look is stellar by the way. People hate on Suzuki but they are good bikes that have some solid engineering behind them it's just the squid culture that ruins gsxr's. I'm speaking solely from the bikes/people I saw in florida.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #209 on: July 16, 2018, 06:25:07 PM »
Today was on of the happiest days of my life. Rode my bike about 100 miles up to the Pocono mountains to look at potential bike to buy.

Not only was it one of the most beautiful, breathtaking rides I ever took, but even better, I traded in the SV650 today and got me a 2012 Honda CBR 600RR

Here it is

I LOVE this bike. This is what I've wanted my entire life and I am so happy to be able to have gotten it. And I rode it back home a 100 miles and it was fine. I didn't really feel uncomfortable, so my main concern ended up not being a problem at all. When I was doing my research, I found out that the honda clip ons are actually a little higher then the Ninja, GSX-R and the R6 and BOY does it make a difference. The ergos were perfect for my height and size. And it is SOOO nice to have the fuel gauge. And I LOVE the undertail exhaust. Today was an adventure.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 03:20:01 PM by Phoenix87x »