Author Topic: Motorcycle Thread  (Read 73328 times)

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
Re: Motorcycle Thread
« Reply #1120 on: September 05, 2022, 02:04:42 PM »
That's cool. Is your dad riding one of the newer Heritage Classics?
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Online Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1121 on: September 05, 2022, 02:17:50 PM »
Yes. He's the one with Milwaukee 8 heritage 

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #1122 on: September 05, 2022, 02:36:40 PM »
Yes. He's the one with Milwaukee 8 heritage

Cool. I'm looking into those but I'm not quite sure about the looks. What I really want is another 2018 & up Low Rider but they're not many out there...and the pricing is fucking nuts right now.

Online Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1123 on: September 05, 2022, 02:50:59 PM »
Yeah, I'm not too hot on the looks as well. And wasn't too hot on how it rhode either  :lol

Felt more like I was riding "on" in rather then riding it fully connected if that makes any sense.

And I agree, the prices are mental.

In two weeks I'm gonna take my bike to get an inspection/oil change and I think the dealer has a used Triumph speed triple, which I will try and do a test ride on.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #1124 on: September 05, 2022, 03:47:22 PM »
Yeah, I'm not too hot on the looks as well. And wasn't too hot on how it rhode either  :lol

Felt more like I was riding "on" in rather then riding it fully connected if that makes any sense.

And I agree, the prices are mental.

In two weeks I'm gonna take my bike to get an inspection/oil change and I think the dealer has a used Triumph speed triple, which I will try and do a test ride on.

That's weird. I thought all of those new Softails were to supposed to have the "riding in" the bike feel. My Low Rider felt like that but that's the only bike I rode with the newer frame.

The V-Strom 650 definitely has the "riding on top" feel but it's very comfortable and doesn't feel top heavy at all to me. It's really nice to be so high up. I think that's probably the thing I'd miss the most if I got rid of it and bought another Harley.

Online Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1125 on: September 05, 2022, 05:24:55 PM »
It might just be an overall softail thing with me, since the pre-Milwaukee 8 fat boy I rhode also had that feeling. On the other hand, My dyna lowrider feels just right.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #1126 on: September 05, 2022, 05:36:32 PM »
Wow the Speed Triple has 177 hp and 92 foot pound torque  :o

Online Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1127 on: September 05, 2022, 06:46:26 PM »
Yeah its mental  :lol

Fast as hell, but actually comfortable riding position.

If I do buy one, it will probably be the slower Street model instead of the speed, but we'll see. Of course, just like always it comes down to when houses get down to a point where I can afford  :P

Online Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1128 on: September 13, 2022, 11:53:59 AM »
Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god  :hefdaddy

I went to get the harley serviced and there was a Triumph Street Triple RS there and I got to test ride it.

Sweet merciful god do I love this bike and I will be buying it asap. I swear I almost cried it was so good. As of today I don't have space for a 2nd bike (I want to keep the harley), but as soon as I buy a house I will start looking for this black one:

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1129 on: September 13, 2022, 12:33:24 PM »
I used to ride quite a while ago until I had a few close calls with idiots in cars.  I've been done with it since around 2010 and lived to tell about it.  ;)

1994 Honda Shadow
1995 Honda Magna
2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1130 on: September 29, 2022, 06:41:56 AM »
Did an overhaul on my R6 this past weekends, new fluids brakes, the works etc. I'm at the point where I need my valves checked for clearance. I'm pretty mechanically savvy but I've done anything like that. Anyone have any experience with it? Watching youtube videos it seems like a pain and it might just be worth it to take it in.

Online Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1131 on: September 29, 2022, 06:55:23 AM »
Wish I could help. I can barley put on new foot pegs  :lol

That is a tough job for sure. I'd probably just take it just for the convenience, but that's me.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1132 on: November 13, 2022, 07:01:50 AM »
I've been trying to ride more this season but I gotta find a fix to my front brake issue. For some reason I keep getting air in the lines, I've been wanting to run braided lines for some time now, this might be kick I need to do it.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #1133 on: November 13, 2022, 09:10:38 AM »
I've been trying to ride more this season but I gotta find a fix to my front brake issue. For some reason I keep getting air in the lines, I've been wanting to run braided lines for some time now, this might be kick I need to do it.

I don't know what could be the cause of that. Did you bleed the brakes recently?

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1134 on: November 13, 2022, 04:18:11 PM »
I did and I thought I didnt tighten the tank or maybe the bleeder valves so I re-bled the brakes today and so far so good. Everytime I head to the garage I give the front brakes a good squeeze lol

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #1135 on: November 13, 2022, 08:06:16 PM »
Sorry, wish I could help. I'm not a mechanical mang. The most I've ever done is change the oil.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #1136 on: April 10, 2023, 07:31:33 PM »
Herrick has not ridden much this winter. I've probably ridden just a handful of times. It's kinda crazy compared to the last two winters where I rode almost every day to work when it wasn't below 25 degrees and there was no snow on the ground.

This winter hasn't been very cold but I have become spoiled since I have my own automobile now. Plus the left heated glove isn't working properly and I need heat if I'm going to ride when it's 50 below. Tomorrow will be in the 60s and high 50s even when I leave work at 11pm...so Herrick Shall Ride Once Again.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1137 on: May 14, 2023, 08:53:10 AM »
My car broke down (yet again) a couple weeks ago so while it was the dealer I only had my motorcycle as transportation. I honestly loved it. It really re-ignited the love I have for my bike, that said I would like a cruiser to add to the stable.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #1138 on: May 14, 2023, 09:02:41 AM »
My car broke down (yet again) a couple weeks ago so while it was the dealer I only had my motorcycle as transportation. I honestly loved it. It really re-ignited the love I have for my bike, that said I would like a cruiser to add to the stable.

I hope the car problem isn't too serious. Hopefully the weather remains pleasant until you get your car back. It is very nice having another vehicle (motorcycle) that's yours that no one else knows how to use  :biggrin:

I've been looking at cruisers but they're just too expensive for Poor Old Herrick. If I didn't have a car payment I might have gone for it. My 2020 V-Strom 650 is paid off so I'll just be happy with what I have.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1139 on: May 14, 2023, 09:13:49 AM »
Car's under warranty so I got it returned to me Friday. I got pretty lucky with the weather too!

The payment is the issue with me also. My bike is paid off completely and I still have a car payment so I don't want to take another payment on :lol. I'm going to see how long my new found love of my bike lasts.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1140 on: May 14, 2023, 09:25:13 AM »
I've recently found myself navigating a fuel shortage in the country with the world's largest oil reserves. It's become quite an ordeal, with gas lines stretching for hours (7-10 hs). To circumvent the issue, I've decided to transition from four wheels to two, and I couldn't be happier with my decision.

I'm now the proud owner of a 200cc UM Renegade, which I managed to snag for a cool $350 USD. It's not the flashiest bike on the road, but its primary job is to get me from point A to point B, and it does that with great fuel efficiency. The difference in consumption is staggering; a full tank on my car would barely last me half a week, but this bike stretches a tank out over an entire month!

However, it's not without its quirks. The previous owner saw fit to remove the silencer, resulting in a rather loud exhaust. I'm currently in the market for a replacement, as I'd rather not announce my arrival with a deafening roar every time I pull up.

The bike also has a few cosmetic issues, but they're not a pressing concern. I'll address them when the time is right. For now, I'm just enjoying the newfound convenience and efficiency of my two-wheeled steed.

Happy riding!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1141 on: May 14, 2023, 09:27:11 AM »
That's a killer looking bike at an even better price. How much riding do you do on a weekly basis?

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1142 on: May 14, 2023, 09:49:56 AM »
That's a killer looking bike at an even better price. How much riding do you do on a weekly basis?

Honestly, I've never closely monitored the distance I cover weekly with my bike, but my estimate would be somewhere between 30 to 40 miles. It may not seem like much, but I primarily use the bike for daily routine tasks.

The main job for my two-wheeler is shuttling the kids to and from school, and running errands in downtown. It's not covering vast distances, but for these short, frequent trips, it's been a practical solution, especially given our local fuel situation.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #1143 on: May 14, 2023, 11:01:32 AM »
That is great fuel mileage! Over a month. I fill up the bike about every two weeks and only drive 20 miles to and from work.

Online Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1144 on: May 14, 2023, 03:03:02 PM »
That would be cool Reaper if you got a cruiser. It changes everything

I can get on that thing and commute every day or randomly do 300+ miles without a second thought. And having the saddlebags makes it like having a car I can bring soo much stuff.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #1145 on: June 05, 2023, 06:15:06 PM »
Herrick is planning the first long motorcycle trip. This trip is a leetle over 1400 miles to my destination and another 1400 to get home. This will happen near the end of August. Will my frail body survive the trip?  :omg:

Edit: Oh yeah and I'm looking into getting a 2020 or 2021 Low Rider S. There are a few not very far from me and they're priced pretty decently. A few thousand dollars under MSRP for a low mileage bike like the LRS is something I didn't think I'd see. I don't know if the market is getting a little better or if the newer Low Riders are much more desirable to most buyers. There's no fucking way I'm paying for a new Harley with all those bullshit fees.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 06:24:39 PM by Herrick »

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1146 on: June 05, 2023, 06:38:18 PM »
How many miles a day are you shooting for? I did a few smaller 600 mile overnight road trips and it as not easy mainly because of my bike.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #1147 on: June 05, 2023, 07:09:16 PM »
How many miles a day are you shooting for? I did a few smaller 600 mile overnight road trips and it as not easy mainly because of my bike.

I'm aiming for 500 miles each day.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1148 on: June 05, 2023, 07:43:29 PM »
What's the longest you've done so far?

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #1149 on: June 05, 2023, 07:50:55 PM »
What's the longest you've done so far?

Like 45  :biggrin:

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1150 on: June 05, 2023, 08:19:09 PM »
Oh boy :lol. I did 600 miles in one day once and it absolutely broke me. I could never do it again, my legs and ass hurt for days.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #1151 on: June 05, 2023, 08:25:30 PM »
Oh boy :lol. I did 600 miles in one day once and it absolutely broke me. I could never do it again, my legs and ass hurt for days.

I know I'm going to be hurting. I've been looking into getting another seat or something called an Airhawk seat cover thing that's supposed to be comfortable. Also, I'm going to try a few longish rides and maybe try getting into better physical shape.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1152 on: June 06, 2023, 07:09:47 AM »
People swear by Corbin seats. They didn't make a Corbin seat for my bike when I was riding bigger distances but I had a corbin slip cover and I can definitely say it helped. Might be worth looking into.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #1153 on: July 01, 2023, 03:36:27 PM »
I might go check out a 2018 Low Rider on Monday. It's the same color as the 2019 I had. I've never liked the color with all that chrome but whatever. The price is right and the mileage is low. The only problem is the weather shows isolated & scattered thunderstorms almost all day.

Online Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1154 on: July 02, 2023, 05:57:44 AM »
That would be sweet