Poll

Which do you prefer?

Avantasia
49 (84.5%)
Edguy
9 (15.5%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: The official Avantasia and Edguy thread v Moonflower Society - Oct 21st  (Read 209286 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
YESSSSS

AVANTASIA LIVE IN USA AND CANADA
Great news - my North American friends: WE'RE COMING BACK! You know, the few memories I have of our last Avantasia show in Canada are a bit blurry. Back then I went from hospital right to the stage as I had some real mean flu. I was so high on whatever medication the doctor gave me to make the show, all I remember are the green little creatures in my dressing room that were calling me names but always disappeared under the sofa whenever I tried to catch them to confront them with their silly behavior… Now, looking at the video I sounded quite a bit awful, ha! But I've been told I was funny and a very happy person that night.
AND I AM HAPPY TO SAY WE'LL BE BACK - IN GREAT SHAPE: Toronto and New York confirmed, West Coast show in the works. Unfortunately Bob won't be able to join us for the dates outside Europe as he will be off on a Magnum tour, but we'll bring Michi Kiske, Jorn Lande, Eric Martin, Ronnie Atkins, Amanda Somerville, Herbie Langhans, Sascha Paeth, Olli Hartmann and ME of course… And Miro. And Andre on bass… And as if that wasn't enough on drums there will be no other than... THE DRUMMER!!! Can't wait to hit the stage! - Tobi

APRIL 13 - CANADA - Toronto, Queen Elizabeth Theater
APRIL 15 - USA - New York, Playstation Theater

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Boo-fucking YAH!  I don't have to travel to see them!!!!

Edit... just went looking at Ticketmaster for when they go on sale, and it's listing House of Blues in Anaheim on April 11th.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
I guess it is time to update my 2016 concerts, I will definitely be at the NYC show.  Their website says the tickets are on sale already (for NYC not Toronto) but then the site says no tickets available when you click the link.  I booked a hotel room already so now it's just securing a ticket.  This is one week before DT!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I guess it is time to update my 2016 concerts, I will definitely be at the NYC show.  Their website says the tickets are on sale already (for NYC not Toronto) but then the site says no tickets available when you click the link.  I booked a hotel room already so now it's just securing a ticket.  This is one week before DT!

Yeah... I just went to the venue website, and the "Buy Tickets" link goes to Ticketfly, though the page won't open, and a search right at Ticketfly doesn't list the event yet.  Too bad it's a mid-week show.  Oh well - it'll be worth it fo sho.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

Yeah... I just went to the venue website, and the "Buy Tickets" link goes to Ticketfly, though the page won't open, and a search right at Ticketfly doesn't list the event yet.  Too bad it's a mid-week show.  Oh well - it'll be worth it fo sho.

Might just be too quick.  I'd imagine the tickets aren't actually on sale yet, I guess I could be wrong, but the announcement just happened and it's too early for people to have been up buying all the tickets on the east coast lol

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Nice, glad to see this confirmed. Looking forward to the US show.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Glad to see you guys have a chance to see this show too!
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Yea I am really excited for this, honestly did not expect to be able to see them.  Sucks Bob Catley will not be on the N.A. shows though, I wonder if that means the setlist will be different, I'd rather that then see one of the others sing his parts.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Yea I am really excited for this, honestly did not expect to be able to see them.  Sucks Bob Catley will not be on the N.A. shows though, I wonder if that means the setlist will be different, I'd rather that then see one of the others sing his parts.

Yeah, lack of Bob on N.A. shows sucks. He's always so fun to watch on stage, he always makes me genuinely smile. His presence definitely was one of the highlights of the previous tour show for me.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
California confirmed and that is it for N.A.:

APRIL 11 - USA, Anaheim, CA - House Of Blues (Disneyland)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Didn't I already say that??   :P

For Toronto - "General tickets go on sale on Sat. Jan 16, 2016 10:00 AM EST."  Ticketfly is the distributor.  Pricey too... $61-$88.  Though, that's Canadian, so like $40-$55 USD.

I know what I'm doin Sat morning.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Didn't I already say that??   :P

For Toronto - "General tickets go on sale on Sat. Jan 16, 2016 10:00 AM EST."  Ticketfly is the distributor.  Pricey too... $61-$88.  Though, that's Canadian, so like $40-$55 USD.

I know what I'm doin Sat morning.

Well, yes you did  :facepalm:

So I just checked ticketfly and I see the NYC show listed with no sale date.  I think 60-80 is fair considering the band.  It's on the high end for sure, but considering the band is really going out of their way to play these dates and bringing the large cast for a 3 hour show, I feel like its fair.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Ticket = purchased.

Row A; seat 15... dead fucking center.

:panicattack:

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Tickets purchased for NYC, was right on top of that and pretty sure I got the best seats in the house:

Section Mezzanine Center, Row A, Seat 101-102

Now there is a general admission pit in front, but the seating section is raised so front row center section with aisle seats!  Not cheap though, came out to 93 a ticket after taxes. My friend didn't even confirm he's coming with me, but I couldn't let those tickets go.  I'm normally a GA guy, but for a 3 hour set, I'll take the seat.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I've bought a general admission tickets. Avantasia is one of the few bands I can't imagine myself sitting at their concert at all.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
I've bought a general admission tickets. Avantasia is one of the few bands I can't imagine myself sitting at their concert at all.

I don't plan on sitting at all, just want a seat.  But I'd imagine seeing them anywhere but in the USA it would be a much more crowd involved show, the crowds here in the US seem like they just watch and don't get too crazy so a seat is a good option for this. 

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni

I don't plan on sitting at all, just want a seat.  But I'd imagine seeing them anywhere but in the USA it would be a much more crowd involved show, the crowds here in the US seem like they just watch and don't get too crazy so a seat is a good option for this.

Yeah, on The Mystery of Time tour (Moscow show) the crowd was crazy and I think there were like ~30 seats in the venue and the rest of tickets were GA. Lots of people were headbanging and singing, including me. I remember a guy standing next to me during Saviour in the Clockwork, I think he sang all the songs prior to that and I guess he didn't memorize the words to this one. Of course I was singing it recklessly and he gave me a few appreciative looks during it. :lol

Damn, I'm so looking forward to see Avantasia live again.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
This venue is half pit up close and then 6 sections of seats in the back.  Im front row center in the seats so I think I will have the best view and I will totally be standing, singing, and head banging.  Hope the people behind me plan on standing too.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
This venue is half pit up close and then 6 sections of seats in the back.  Im front row center in the seats so I think I will have the best view and I will totally be standing, singing, and head banging. Hope the people behind me plan on standing too.

Yeah, and if not, well, that's unfortunate for them. :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
This venue is half pit up close and then 6 sections of seats in the back.  Im front row center in the seats so I think I will have the best view and I will totally be standing, singing, and head banging. Hope the people behind me plan on standing too.

Yeah, and if not, well, that's unfortunate for them. :lol

My friend and I stood in our seats the first time we saw Iron Maiden together (AMoLaD tour) and the people behind us complained.  He sat and I refused.  Screw that, it's a metal concert!  My friend finally got the courage during the encore to stand up again.  He was so pissed.  It is unfortunate for them.  :metal :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
The venue in Toronto is a true concert theater, so no standing/GA.  I've got front row, so I guess I'm in the group that sets the tone for sitting vs standing.  I usually play it by ear, and gauge the group around me.  There are some scenarios where I'm like 'screw it' to the people behind me.  When I saw Rush Time Machine, I warned the people behind me that I would be standing for the entire set of Moving Pictures.

In situations where the consensus around me is to sit, I'll still stand for the odd song here and there.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
If you have front row, how can you sit? I mean I guess if no one else stands, but I cannot imagine that. I always stand for the headliner at a concert.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
If you have front row, how can you sit? I mean I guess if no one else stands, but I cannot imagine that. I always stand for the headliner at a concert.

I had front row for DT in Mesa a few years back - it to was a true concert hall.  The stage wasn't even waist high.  I stood for most of the show, but so too was the group around me.  I don't really want to be "that guy" who is the only one standing.  Like I said, I'll judge the vibe of the crowd around me.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

I had front row for DT in Mesa a few years back - it to was a true concert hall.  The stage wasn't even waist high.  I stood for most of the show, but so too was the group around me.  I don't really want to be "that guy" who is the only one standing.  Like I said, I'll judge the vibe of the crowd around me.

I get what you mean, just surprised the first row people wouldn't be standing. I think being the only one standing is a scenario where I would sit too.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Damn...

I'm amazed. Wow. This is beyond awesome actually. :hefdaddy

This song is fantastic. From the first listen, I'd say this song is better than any Kiske-fronted song since Shelter from the Rain.

Edit: I've squeezed in five more listens to this one and damn this is so good I'm stunned. It's such a relentless song. Incredible.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 12:17:07 PM by Evermind »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
 :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
The power in this power metal tune is over 9000. Really reminds me a lot of 'The Metal Opera'! And that's a great thing.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
That was brilliant.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
"Will you heed the token"

Michael fucking Kiske!!!!!

:hefdaddy

Easily the best voice these ears have ever heard. I bought Keepers Pt 1 29 years ago. Changed the game for me musically.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Shit, can't wait to listen later.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
It reminds me of Wasteland, but better.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Just a really solid but standard Avantasia power metal outing IMO. 
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Yea, it's a fairly standard Avantasia power metal track, but still awesome and significantly better than MoaBRR IMO.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I think it's one of the best, if not the best Kiske-fronted power metal track from post Metal Opera material. As much as I liked The Mystery of Time, both Where Clock Hands Freeze and Dweller in a Dream were good, but nothing more. And Wastelands I don't like at all.

This song just clicked with me instantly. Huge improvement over MotBRR in my opinion.