Author Topic: Caligula's Horse - In Contact Out Now!  (Read 4562 times)

Offline Puppies_On_Acid

• MP.com Refugee
  • Roulette Addict
Re: Caligula's Horse - In Contact Out Now!
« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2019, 10:37:20 AM »
I followed them since each band member was born.
:neverusethis:

Offline Kattelox

• Son of a Shepherd and Head of Urban Rangers
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Filthy animals do not belong in Rolf's shed!
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2019, 10:48:04 AM »
Sweet baby Jesus that set was good. So happy Parama Cereal introduced me to them. They just went from good to amazing.
I think you'll find it was me who more successfully introduced you to them, as you preferred the album I sent. :P

Oh yeah.  :lol Thank you! Seriously.  I cannot believe they played Graves. Omfg.
RYM || Last.FM
"No Christ, God, nor religion gave me the answers I was looking for" - Timo Tolkki
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. - Bilbo Baggins

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2019, 12:13:26 PM »
Sweet baby Jesus that set was good. So happy Parama Cereal introduced me to them. They just went from good to amazing.
I think you'll find it was me who more successfully introduced you to them, as you preferred the album I sent. :P

Oh yeah.  :lol
I see my performance in that roulette made a big impact on you. :lol

Thank you! Seriously.  I cannot believe they played Graves. Omfg.
Such a ridiculously great song. :metal

Offline Lethean

« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2019, 01:36:06 PM »
Caligula's Horse blew me away at ProgPower.  I was expecting to like them, but they took it to another level.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2019, 04:27:07 PM »
Their reception was fantastic, seemed they won the crowd over.  They did also say they were working on a new album and would be back (hoping that means a US tour, not just another PP appearance)  :metal :metal

Also, here's the link to Graves Live  :metal

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2019, 02:47:59 AM »
I got straight up goosebumps hearing the crowd shout "HANDS SHAPE STONE" in sync :metal I don't really like In Contact, but the ending to Graves is fantastic.
I nosedive, to the FURNAAACE

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Lvialviaquez

Offline Lethean

« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2019, 01:47:12 PM »
I like In Contact a lot.  But yeah - that was a really special moment.  Also, I thought he sounded better in person than he does on that video.  I don't care if it's because I was too excited during the show - the show was fantastic.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2019, 02:01:16 PM »
"A whole new world...."

I think hearing his short bit of sound check right before hitting the stage was epic.  He was singing bits of A Whole New World from Aladdin and I Want it That Way by the Backstreet Boys  :rollin  I told him how awesome it was during the signing session and he seemed surprised anyone noticed, and then we began singing it together right there  :metal "I want it that way... tell me why" How fucking epic is that?  Mentioned the Aladdin song was a perfect choice being their first time in the US, it essentially is a whole new world for them.

Also, Jim seems to be quiet the comedian, made a lot of impromptu jokes talking with the crowd between songs.  He seemed like a perfect front man.

Offline Puppies_On_Acid

• MP.com Refugee
  • Roulette Addict
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2019, 05:38:10 PM »
"A whole new world...."

I think hearing his short bit of sound check right before hitting the stage was epic.  He was singing bits of A Whole New World from Aladdin and I Want it That Way by the Backstreet Boys  :rollin  I told him how awesome it was during the signing session and he seemed surprised anyone noticed, and then we began singing it together right there  :metal "I want it that way... tell me why" How fucking epic is that?  Mentioned the Aladdin song was a perfect choice being their first time in the US, it essentially is a whole new world for them.

Also, Jim seems to be quiet the comedian, made a lot of impromptu jokes talking with the crowd between songs.  He seemed like a perfect front man.
I didn't see, but are they going to be back next year?

Offline Kattelox

• Son of a Shepherd and Head of Urban Rangers
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Filthy animals do not belong in Rolf's shed!
« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2019, 05:45:49 PM »
I play "I Want It That Way" on piano all the time and now I wish I had sung it with Jim.  :lol
RYM || Last.FM
"No Christ, God, nor religion gave me the answers I was looking for" - Timo Tolkki
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. - Bilbo Baggins

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2019, 12:50:23 AM »
I think I already said it just when I saw them (a year ago), they were awesome! And after the show we had a chat, super nice guys, they signed my In Contact :D and I was so glad more of them noticed my Agent Fresco shirt, I think they share a manager or something.
And I knew exactly what to do. But in a much more real sense, I had no idea what to do. - Michael Scott

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2019, 04:12:20 PM »
I think I already said it just when I saw them (a year ago), they were awesome! And after the show we had a chat, super nice guys, they signed my In Contact :D and I was so glad more of them noticed my Agent Fresco shirt, I think they share a manager or something.

The drummer noticed my Iron Maiden shirt and said that was the best show he'd ever been to when they played out in Australia, I then apologized and said they are actually my favorite band which the guy said no problem and agreed.  :lol so down to earth and chill

I didn't see, but are they going to be back next year?

He said new album next year and they will be back but didn't say when or where.  He said this after Graves which is in my video here (timestamped the end where he says this): https://youtu.be/uslgwQ9lMMI?t=940

Offline Ben_Jamin

• Do a nice one for grandma
« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2019, 05:26:59 PM »
Just listened to Graves. Such a good song.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

I Love You...Poppin Fresh