Linked Events

• The Whirlwind Released: October 27, 2009

Author Topic: Transatlantic Official Thread  (Read 531513 times)

The Great Zo (+ 1 Hidden) and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline kaos2900

Re: Transatlantic: The Absolute Universe pre-orders
« Reply #4130 on: February 16, 2021, 11:06:12 AM »
Wow, I totally missed that his was released. Sounds like I should go with the extended version?

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #4131 on: February 16, 2021, 11:29:33 AM »
Honestly, this feels like an album where a little more work could have made it a great single disc. The Breath of Life is not it.  It is good, but it removed some of the best stuff, while keeping some unnecessary reprises/preludes, and sounds too much like a Neal and Friends record.  Forevermore sounds more like a good mixture, but does feel a bit too long.  Overall, I like this quite a bit, and there a few songs of which I am definitely a big fan, but it just feels too messy overall.

I think i wanna try and make my own version.

I love the entirity of disc 1 of Forevermore.  Disc 2 not as much. I love the breath of Life but it ends TOO fast.  i feel like there's a good middle ground there.

I always find this feeling a bit funny since more than half of TBOL comes from the 2nd half of Forevermore. Maybe the edits to songs like "Owl Howl" and "Solitude" make a difference?

I am also of the mind that debates about "disc 1 vs disc 2" are silly because the tracklist is only divided by the media format. If we lived in a world without CDs and the music remained purely on vinyl, would people be debating which of thr 3 LPs was better for Forevermore? Would we be debating which of the two LPs of TBOL is better?

Maybe because I listen to music almost entirely digitally these days, I see albums as a whole work and don't really see them aa "disc 1" and "disc 2" unless they're definitely meant to be separate entities (like a bonus disc, or a second disc of extra songs not associated with the first disc, like Porcupine Tree's The Incident or Neal Morse's Testimony 2).

I do agree that TBOL is over pretty quickly with its 64:12 runtime, but its brevity is what sets it apart from Forevermore, as well as its more focused lyrical concept. I definitely need to spin TBOL a bit more as I have almost exclusively been listening to Forevermore for the past week or so, but I miss songs like "Rainbow Sky", "The World We Used To Know", and the Gentle Giant-esque vocal break in the middle of "The Greatest Story Never Ends".

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #4132 on: February 16, 2021, 12:10:59 PM »
FLYYYY HIGHER THAN THE MORRRRNING

This one and "Swing High, Swing Low" ("Take Now My Soul") have been absolutely fucking burrowed into my brain since I first heard them  :hefdaddy

Offline bluefox4000

« Reply #4133 on: February 16, 2021, 12:18:57 PM »
Honestly, this feels like an album where a little more work could have made it a great single disc. The Breath of Life is not it.  It is good, but it removed some of the best stuff, while keeping some unnecessary reprises/preludes, and sounds too much like a Neal and Friends record.  Forevermore sounds more like a good mixture, but does feel a bit too long.  Overall, I like this quite a bit, and there a few songs of which I am definitely a big fan, but it just feels too messy overall.

I love the entirity of disc 1 of Forevermore.  Disc 2 not as much. I love the breath of Life but it ends TOO fast.  i feel like there's a good middle ground there.

I always find this feeling a bit funny since more than half of TBOL comes from the 2nd half of Forevermore. Maybe the edits to songs like "Owl Howl" and "Solitude" make a difference?

I am also of the mind that debates about "disc 1 vs disc 2" are silly because the tracklist is only divided by the media format. If we lived in a world without CDs and the music remained purely on vinyl, would people be debating which of thr 3 LPs was better for Forevermore? Would we be debating which of the two LPs of TBOL is better?

Maybe because I listen to music almost entirely digitally these days, I see albums as a whole work and don't really see them aa "disc 1" and "disc 2" unless they're definitely meant to be separate entities (like a bonus disc, or a second disc of extra songs not associated with the first disc, like Porcupine Tree's The Incident or Neal Morse's Testimony 2).

I do agree that TBOL is over pretty quickly with its 64:12 runtime, but its brevity is what sets it apart from Forevermore, as well as its more focused lyrical concept. I definitely need to spin TBOL a bit more as I have almost exclusively been listening to Forevermore for the past week or so, but I miss songs like "Rainbow Sky", "The World We Used To Know", and the Gentle Giant-esque vocal break in the middle of "The Greatest Story Never Ends".

-Marc.

Honestly i listen almost exclusively digital too but i was born in 85 so CD era guy.  so I STILL divide things in my head, lol

as far as disc 1 basically being TBOL your right.  but i think it looks lesser coming after disc 1......cause i REALLY love disc 1, lol

Online HOF

« Reply #4134 on: February 16, 2021, 12:22:37 PM »
I’m starting to think I’d drop Owl Howl from any one disc mix I’d make. I actually really like it for what it is, but it seems to be a total departure from the overall theme of the album. I also think I’d drop the Forevermore version of The Greatest Story Never Ends. The multi-part vocal section just doesn’t do it for me, and I think the end of the album flows better on Breath of Life.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4135 on: February 16, 2021, 12:29:33 PM »
Am I the only one still waiting for their pre-order of the Ultimate Box Set from Radiant Records?  I mean, I don't care that much since I have Amazon music and both versions of the album are there, I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about when they're supposed to ship?

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #4136 on: February 16, 2021, 12:39:50 PM »

-Marc.

Honestly i listen almost exclusively digital too but i was born in 85 so CD era guy.  so I STILL divide things in my head, lol

as far as disc 1 basically being TBOL your right.  but i think it looks lesser coming after disc 1......cause i REALLY love disc 1, lol

Hey, born in 84 here myself, and for most of my teens and 20s, I swore by CDs, made hundreds of CD-r copies and remixes of music, and used a CD Walkman for most of my high-school and college years, but when I got an iPod and later a smart phone, I'd say 99% of my listening had become digital, and so my view on multi-disc albums became one that saw them as complete works, not divided by the constraints of physical media. The digital age has allowed longer works to be absorbed and listened to in single sittings without having to be bothered with changing discs or flipping vinyl sides.

Maybe this is why I love the Ultimate Mix of The Absolute Universe since it runs seamlessly for its 98 minutes of runtime and doesn't fall into the whole "disc 1 vs disc 2" debate that these sorts of albums run into, especially when albums like this are composed as they go along. I always read a lot of opinions saying that "disc 2 runs out of steam" or is "weaker" but honestly, I think it might just be listener fatigue for some fans, and maybe they enjoy disc 1 more because whenever they go to start listening to the album, that's as far as they get, so they enjoy it and understand it more, leaving the less-listened-to 2nd disc to the wayside.

I personally cannot think of any double albums that I like where I thought the back half was significantly weaker than anything in the front half. Maybe the concept albums, particularly those by Neal Morse, suffer a bit for some because he brings back so many themes and songs near the end, so folks feel tired of them by that point, or see that as a lack of creativity or originality, but I *love* when themes return and repeat, it helps give the album a sense of cohesiveness.

Basically, if all music was digital, or fit on a format that allowed them to be on a single piece of media, there wouldn't be these broad, generalized opinions of "disc 2 isn't as good as disc 1" because we wouldn't have those dividers placed upon the album. It would just boil down to which songs on the whole album do you like or don't like, which can really get folks thinking harder about the music they absorb, rather than just putting down half the album because it's simpler to say so.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4137 on: February 16, 2021, 12:59:08 PM »
Am I the only one still waiting for their pre-order of the Ultimate Box Set from Radiant Records?  I mean, I don't care that much since I have Amazon music and both versions of the album are there, I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about when they're supposed to ship?

I didn't get the Ultimate; I got the two CD versions and the Blu-Ray, and I'm still waiting.  Mine is still in Tennessee (though in Memphis now; at least it's been picked up).   It says February 22nd, by 9:00pm.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4138 on: February 16, 2021, 02:00:52 PM »
Thanks for that.  At least I know it's not just me  :)

Offline 425

« Reply #4139 on: February 16, 2021, 02:04:57 PM »
DTF should have an emoticon of the Radiant Records logo for moments like this, like how ": soon :" is Roadrunner Records.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4140 on: February 16, 2021, 02:08:10 PM »
I have to say that I have never had any problems at all with Radiant Records until this release.  And I know this was pretty much out of their control.  My critique would be they should have anticipated these delays and pushed the release date out by another 30 or 60 days, the problem would have been solved.

Online HOF

« Reply #4141 on: February 16, 2021, 02:14:03 PM »
Here’s a 70 minute edit that I am really liking. All tracks from Forevermore except where noted.

1. Overture
2. Heart Like a Whirlwind
3. Higher Than The Morning
4. The Darkness In The Light
5. Lonesome Rebel (had to find a new spot for this that would work with the transition!)
6. Swing High, Swing Low
7. Bully
8. Rainbow Sky
9. Looking for the Light
10. Solitude
11. Belong (BOL)
12. Can You Feel It (BOL)
13. Looking for the Light (Reprise)
14. The Greatest Story Never Ends (BOL)
15. Love Made A Way (BOL)

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4142 on: February 16, 2021, 02:16:56 PM »
FUCK, I can't get the chorus from "Higher Than the Morning" out of my head. 

So far I've tried listening to Opeth and Iron Maiden trying to cleanse my ears  :lol

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #4143 on: February 16, 2021, 02:22:41 PM »
I actually think it's the first disc of Forevermore that runs out of steam. I'm fine up to Swing High Swing Low, then with the exception of Looking for the Light, it's treading water. The Sun Comes Up Today should have been cut, the album is stronger without it (although the reprise of Higher than the Morning is its sole saving grace), but after that the second disc is spot on solid until the end. Still think the whole thing is too long, mind.
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline Mladen

« Reply #4144 on: February 16, 2021, 03:30:26 PM »
I think The Sun comes up today is awesome, I really miss it on the abridged version. I'd also love to have Rainbow sky on it, but oh well. That's exactly why we have two albums to choose from.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 08:29:12 AM by Mladen »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4145 on: February 16, 2021, 03:30:43 PM »

Agreed. Trying to make my own version that worked was a failure, and I guess I could play in Audacity with fade ins and fades out to take out a few I deem as expendable, but then it would just feel weird when trying to do full listens.

Here’s a 70 minute edit that I am really liking. All tracks from Forevermore except where noted.

1. Overture
5. Lonesome Rebel (had to find a new spot for this that would work with the transition!)
6. Swing High, Swing Low
7. Bully
8. Rainbow Sky
9. Looking for the Light
10. Solitude
11. Belong (BOL)

That doesn't look bad, but I can't get on board with any edit or version that omits The World We Used to Know.  :biggrin:

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4146 on: February 16, 2021, 03:42:01 PM »
This one is slightly longer at 79 minutes but I'm finding it flows great and the transitions work (EDIT: To be clear I didn't need to do any editing). It has the more concise versions of everything from TBOL, plus the few "essentials" from Forevermore (i.e. not including The Sun Comes Up Today). Also works if you want to swap out Take Now My Soul and have Swing High, Swing Low instead.

I've made myself what feels to me the ideal version of this album, clocking in at 79 minutes. Basically just taking the whole of TBOL, but adding Bully/Rainbow Sky and The World We Used to Know in to the relevant places. The track transitions on both versions of the album are really nicely done such that I've been able to add these in and the transitions still work great. I don't know if it was intentional - if so it was damn clever, it not it was damn lucky. But I'm happy to be able to make my own version that keeps the best bits of Forevermore.

So the tracklist works out as follows (everything from TBOL unless otherwise stated)

1. Overture
2. Reaching for the Sky
3. Higher Than the Morning
4. The Darkness in the Light
5. Take Now My Soul [or you can use Swing High, Swing Low (Forevermore)]
6. Bully (Forevermore)
7. Rainbow Sky (Forevermore)
8. Looking for the Light
9. The World We Used to Know (Forevermore)
10 Love Made a Way (Prelude)
11. Owl Howl
12. Solitude
13. Belong
14. Can You Feel It
15. Looking for the Light (Reprise)
16. The Greatest Story Never Ends
17. Love Made a Way

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #4147 on: February 16, 2021, 04:28:52 PM »

That's how I've been feeling about it. To be fair, the Forevermore album is THE album that was originally intended for release. TBOL is the full Neal filter with input from everyone else and some unique music not on the extended version, but I think he cut too much good stuff out of the album. However, Forevermore feels too long, even though it's only 11 minutes longer than The Whirlwind. The first disc alone is great and the last track has a conclusive feel to it. If that was the album it would compete with TW and BAF as the best album for me.

The 2nd disc doesn't feel as good, but I still need more time with it. I do think that the flow of the 2nd disc is missing something, particularly the end of the album. An album doesn't have to have a big grandiose finale but since that is what they were going for, and I just don't feel the build up and payoff is there, like it is on The Whirlwind or the end of BAF. I think that's where a lot of work could have been done. Instead of spending time reworking an entire album, Neal could have insisted on improving what was already put to tape, so to speak, with the rest of the band.

Some songs on the album also suffer from what DT currently suffer from, putting unrelated choruses in the middle of songs that don't sound like they belong together, or have awkward transitions.

Overall, though, I'm pretty happy with what we got, as it's one of the better albums these guys have collectively or individually put out in recent years.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #4148 on: February 16, 2021, 04:48:24 PM »
FLYYYY HIGHER THAN THE MORRRRNING

The part I keep hearing in my head is

HERE.. THERE IS A FIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRREEE
THERE.. DEEEP AS DESIIIIIIIRRRRRRREEE
FARRRRRR AND AWAAAYYY FROM MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

also BELONG BELOOONG

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4149 on: February 16, 2021, 05:30:00 PM »

The 2nd disc doesn't feel as good, but I still need more time with it. I do think that the flow of the 2nd disc is missing something, particularly the end of the album. An album doesn't have to have a big grandiose finale but since that is what they were going for, and I just don't feel the build up and payoff is there, like it is on The Whirlwind or the end of BAF. I think that's where a lot of work could have been done. Instead of spending time reworking an entire album, Neal could have insisted on improving what was already put to tape, so to speak, with the rest of the band.

I think I agree with this.  I like Love Made a Way, and really like the part in the BOL version that I mentioned last week, but it's like this long build-up and then the payoff doesn't quite stick to landing.  Of course, had they done the huge grandiose ending, some of us would be saying, "OMG, another typical Neal Morse ending!!" :lol, but it still would have been more satisfying, IMO. 

Even though I prefer Forevermore, I can see where some feel that it's a bit of a letdown after the first disc. The World We Used to Know has that "great closer" feel and vibe to it, and then it's like they had to bring it back down and never quite reached that finality high again, in a manner of speaking.  For as much as I feel that the last song on The Whirlwind is a bit overcooked, there is no doubt that it is epic as all get-out. 

With a less grandiose finish, it feels like some of the theme repeating could have been toned down a bit.  The reprise of Looking for the Light and the Love Made a Way prelude both feel rather unnecessary.

Online HOF

« Reply #4150 on: February 16, 2021, 05:33:17 PM »

Agreed. Trying to make my own version that worked was a failure, and I guess I could play in Audacity with fade ins and fades out to take out a few I deem as expendable, but then it would just feel weird when trying to do full listens.

1. Overture
6. Swing High, Swing Low
7. Bully
8. Rainbow Sky
9. Looking for the Light
10. Solitude
11. Belong (BOL)

That doesn't look bad, but I can't get on board with any edit or version that omits The World We Used to Know.  :biggrin:

I agree about disc 1 of Forevermore being almost perfect, but disc 2 isn’t quite as strong.

As far as The World We Used to Know, I like it a lot, but it seems very clearly to be a “bring disc one to a close track.” It didn’t really work in the middle of an abridged track list (similarly, The Sun Comes Up Today sounds like a track that was meant to reintroduce themes at the beginning of a second disc and didn’t make sense on a one disc version, though so I think it might be the weakest song on the album). I thought about putting it at the end instead of Love Made A Way but it didn’t quite flow right. So kind of like Owl Howl it’s a track I enjoy but ended up on the cutting room floor anyway.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4151 on: February 16, 2021, 05:50:15 PM »

As far as The World We Used to Know, I like it a lot, but it seems very clearly to be a “bring disc one to a close track.” It didn’t really work in the middle of an abridged track list (similarly, The Sun Comes Up Today sounds like a track that was meant to reintroduce themes at the beginning of a second disc and didn’t make sense on a one disc version, though so I think it might be the weakest song on the album). I thought about putting it at the end instead of Love Made A Way but it didn’t quite flow right. So kind of like Owl Howl it’s a track I enjoy but ended up on the cutting room floor anyway.

Fair enough.  :coolio :coolio

Offline frogprog

« Reply #4152 on: February 17, 2021, 07:45:29 AM »
I finally received my 2 vinyl versions yesterday from Lasers Edge. Quick rant: it takes eight days to travel about 40 miles? The Pony Express would have done it in one day. USPS- you suck.

That being said, the artwork and packaging is really nice as are the colored vinyls ( pink and light blue). I only have a quick listen through 3 sides, but it definitely sounds like Transatlantic! It's going to take a while to digest, but I look forward to the experience. I really wish Inside Out provided download codes with the vinyl. It's not always easy for me to sit in front of my turntable and it would be nice to rip it and listen throughout the day elsewhere. I can convert that vinyl through USB but that's a real time, pain in the ass as my turntable interface sucks.
Having seen 3 of the 4 TA tours, it would be great to see if they are able to play this live at some point. If so, I will be there!

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4153 on: February 17, 2021, 09:20:22 AM »
World-wide shipping is totally fucked up right now.  I buy just over $2 million in I.T. gear each year for my job and without exception everything from every vendor is taking anywhere from 2x to 5x longer to get here than it did before the pandemic.  "Overnight" shipping is, for all practical purposes, no longer a real, reliable option.  If I order 100 items today and have them all shipped overnight I ***MIGHT*** get 10 or 15 of them tomorrow, the rest will dribble in over the course of the next 7 to 10 days.

I'm sure there are some regions where it's not as bad as it is here in the Boston area, but that's what we're dealing with right now for shipping.  It's a complete shit show inside a dumpster fire on the titanic.

Offline bluefox4000

« Reply #4154 on: February 17, 2021, 10:08:54 AM »

That's how I've been feeling about it. To be fair, the Forevermore album is THE album that was originally intended for release. TBOL is the full Neal filter with input from everyone else and some unique music not on the extended version, but I think he cut too much good stuff out of the album. However, Forevermore feels too long, even though it's only 11 minutes longer than The Whirlwind. The first disc alone is great and the last track has a conclusive feel to it. If that was the album it would compete with TW and BAF as the best album for me.

Some songs on the album also suffer from what DT currently suffer from, putting unrelated choruses in the middle of songs that don't sound like they belong together, or have awkward transitions.

Overall, though, I'm pretty happy with what we got, as it's one of the better albums these guys have collectively or individually put out in recent years.

it's funny you mentioned the end of Disc 2.  the end song run on forevermore feels endless to me.  and i knows it's not much longer than the ending on TBOL but somehow the ending on TBOL feels much tighter.

i don't not how they did that but....i've played both 3 track finales on their own and it's true.....the one on Forevermore i swear takes about a decade :lol

Online devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #4155 on: February 17, 2021, 10:15:07 AM »
I've already done my single CD version of this album (80:01 minutes), The Breath of Forevermore, and the transitions are really nice IMO:

01 - Overture (The Breath of Life)
02 - Reaching for the Sky (The Breath of Life)
The flow of the shorter Overture and melodies of Reaching are really better.
03 - Higher Than the Morning (The Breath of Life)
04 - The Darkness in the Light (The Breath of Life)
05 - Take Now My Soul (The Breath of Life)
06 - Bully (Forevermore)
07 - Rainbow Sky (Forevermore)
08 - Looking for the Light (The Breath of Life)
09 - The World We Used to Know (Forevermore). How in the world this song can be out of any version of this album?!
End of "act I"
Start of "act II":
10 - Owl Howl (Forevermore). The Breath of Life version has a weird ending.
11 - Solitude (Forevermore). The Breath of Life version edited and totally ruined this song.
12 - Belong (The Breath of Life)
13 - Can You Feel It (The Breath of Life). Better than Lonesome Rebel
14 - Looking for the Light (Reprise) (The Breath of Life)
15 - The Greatest Story Never Ends (Forevermore). I love the Gentle Giant's acapella part of this version.
16 - Love Made a Way (Forevermore). This version don't have that needless drums at the very end (by the way, because of that, this is the shorter version).
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline bluefox4000

« Reply #4156 on: February 17, 2021, 10:46:41 AM »
I've already done my single CD version of this album (80:01 minutes), The Breath of Forevermore, and the transitions are really nice IMO:

01 - Overture (The Breath of Life)
02 - Reaching for the Sky (The Breath of Life)
The flow of the shorter Overture and melodies of Reaching are really better.
03 - Higher Than the Morning (The Breath of Life)
04 - The Darkness in the Light (The Breath of Life)
05 - Take Now My Soul (The Breath of Life)
06 - Bully (Forevermore)
07 - Rainbow Sky (Forevermore)
08 - Looking for the Light (The Breath of Life)
09 - The World We Used to Know (Forevermore). How in the world this song can be out of any version of this album?!
End of "act I"
Start of "act II":
10 - Owl Howl (Forevermore). The Breath of Life version has a weird ending.
11 - Solitude (Forevermore). The Breath of Life version edited and totally ruined this song.
12 - Belong (The Breath of Life)
13 - Can You Feel It (The Breath of Life). Better than Lonesome Rebel
14 - Looking for the Light (Reprise) (The Breath of Life)
15 - The Greatest Story Never Ends (Forevermore). I love the Gentle Giant's acapella part of this version.
16 - Love Made a Way (Forevermore). This version don't have that needless drums at the very end (by the way, because of that, this is the shorter version).

that's crazy.......i was gonna post mine......i'd been working on it.  you and i have the same!!!  just substituting versions here and there, lol

but yes this album really works.

Online devieira73

« Reply #4157 on: February 17, 2021, 11:55:15 AM »
Really cool to know it! :tup

Offline Kram

« Reply #4158 on: February 17, 2021, 01:10:21 PM »
I'm behind on this and just getting ready to dig in.  Reading through some of the posts here, it seems the consensus is both versions are quite good.  I'm thinking of ordering only one version to start with (will probably order the other at a later date).  What's everybody's opinion on which makes most sense to go with?  I know opinions will vary...

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #4159 on: February 17, 2021, 01:12:57 PM »
I'm behind on this and just getting ready to dig in.  Reading through some of the posts here, it seems the consensus is both versions are quite good.  I'm thinking of ordering only one version to start with (will probably order the other at a later date).  What's everybody's opinion on which makes most sense to go with?  I know opinions will vary...

I'd suggest starting with Forevermore, as that was the original version of the album, the one the band had intended to release after their initial sessions and tracking.
The Breath Of Life wasn't conceived until almost half a year after Forevermore. I think it's more fun to hear what they wrote first and then see what Neal and the others changed for the "abridged" version.

-Marc.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4160 on: February 17, 2021, 01:17:23 PM »
Another vote for the Forevermore version.  I like the Breath of Life version too, but I prefer Forevermore

Online devieira73

« Reply #4161 on: February 17, 2021, 02:03:38 PM »
Forevermore. There's some key arrangements on this version that aren't on The Breath of Life version that I really miss. And The World We Used to Know maybe is my fave song from the 2 versions and it's only on Forevermore (and it's 9:20 long!)

Offline Mladen

« Reply #4162 on: February 17, 2021, 03:13:47 PM »
Can someone add the poll to the thread, to see which is the prefered version? That would be fun.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4163 on: February 17, 2021, 06:10:23 PM »
I finally received my 2 vinyl versions yesterday from Lasers Edge. Quick rant: it takes eight days to travel about 40 miles? The Pony Express would have done it in one day. USPS- you suck.

Aside from the pandemic issues which KNH touched on, the last week for shipping and transit times in the U.S. has been a disaster thanks to the snow storms and power outages all over the country.  I'd be happy you got it at all, to be honest.  :lol :lol

Offline 425

« Reply #4164 on: February 17, 2021, 07:53:11 PM »
With CD deliveries, and especially Laser's Edge, it matters very much what shipping speed you get. If you get Media Mail, as I understand it, your package is basically placed in the back of the queue and only travels to the next destination so long as there is room for it.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time