Linked Events

• The Whirlwind Released: October 27, 2009

Author Topic: Transatlantic Official Thread  (Read 530450 times)

Kyo (+ 1 Hidden) and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline goo-goo

Re: Transatlantic: The Absolute Universe pre-orders
« Reply #3815 on: February 02, 2021, 01:27:55 PM »
Just got my Laser CD shipping notice as well. Fingers crossed for Friday or Saturday delivery.

Same here. I haven't received a shipping notification from Radiant for the blu ray :(

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3816 on: February 02, 2021, 02:04:18 PM »
Same here, just got an email from laser CD, though for just the Extended version, not the abridged version. Nothing from Radiant yet.

I'm almost done with my full TA listen, on the 2nd CD of KaLIVEoscope now will have just the one disc after that.. All studio albums plus bonus discs, all live albums. I think it's over 20 CDs. Phew.

I haven't included any of the concerts or making of documentaries. That's a whole another adventure.

Edit: looks like laser CD shipped the abridged version too. C'mon Radiant ship that blu-ray!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 02:33:49 PM by faizoff »
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3817 on: February 02, 2021, 02:42:23 PM »
Does Radiant do shipping notices? It's been so long since I ordered from them that I can't remember. I don't recall them doing that.

Either way, I'm like everyone else lately. Laser shipped my CD's this morning and in the dark about the Blu.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3818 on: February 02, 2021, 02:56:43 PM »
Does Radiant do shipping notices? It's been so long since I ordered from them that I can't remember. I don't recall them doing that.

Either way, I'm like everyone else lately. Laser shipped my CD's this morning and in the dark about the Blu.

Since they upgraded the site last year I've placed two pre-orders. First one was the Live in BRNO blu-ray and that arrived a week early and I looked I did get a shipping email.
2nd pre-order would be the new TA record. I'm assuming there will be an email when it ships.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3819 on: February 02, 2021, 03:04:26 PM »
Ah. This is my first order in a long time and, obviously, my first one on the new site.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3820 on: February 02, 2021, 03:38:03 PM »
Semantics, but I find it funny that there is an "abridged" version, Breath of Life, since the original, Forevermore, was longer, but the extended version is extended from... what? Wasn't the original version the "extended" version? It sounds like the Ultimate version is the "extended" version, since it is longer than Forevermore.

I agree.  But it kinda makes sense to call them "abridged" and "extended" so that casual fans know what to look for.  I would be okay with the original version not having a descriptor, but since they were putting "abridged" on one version, they kinda had to put something on the original as well.

I get it, but it's sort of false advertising, as there's no "regular" version. Like at a hypothetical food establishment, no large as a drink size, only medium and extra large, even though one looks small, and the other looks medium, and not very large.
I just don't think they needed to even highlight "abridged" or "extended" as they're apparently two different takes on the same general album and feature music unique to each album. "Abridged" signifies shorter, edited down, which it was, but it was also altered; "extended" signifies "longer than the original".

Anyway, not a big deal, I need those albums in my ears so I can focus on the music.

I think they did that to avoid people seeing the long one as "the" version and the other as an extra thing, they're presenting two albums (or two versions of their 5th album) and want to promote both as equally important.
This, for sure.  There is no MAIN version.  There are 2 (well, 3) versions.  To not title the long one "extended" could give the impression that it was the "real" version, and that's not really true.  They are both (all three) real.

This is the Schrodinger's Cat of prog albums.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3821 on: February 02, 2021, 05:45:59 PM »
I would've been okay with one completely unmodified, one with "Abridged" on it, and one with "Ultimate", but people who picked up the "original" version would never be 100% sure if it's the original unmodified one, or if it said "Abridged" or "Ultimate" somewhere (remember, these people can't tell the difference between a CD and BD) and they just didn't see it.  That's what I meant when I said they kinda had to put something there.  You get positive confirmation of which version you're buying.

They should've gone with Original, Extra Crispy, and Honey Barbeque Flavored.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3822 on: February 02, 2021, 10:33:17 PM »
I'll take a stab at this:

Original - Forevermore
Honey Barbecue - Abridged
Extra Crispy - Ultimate

Something tells me we wouldn't be able to agree on this either.  :biggrin:

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #3823 on: February 02, 2021, 11:15:46 PM »
I'll take a stab at this:

Original - Forevermore
Honey Barbecue - Abridged
Extra Crispy - Ultimate

Something tells me we wouldn't be able to agree on this either.  :biggrin:

Exactly, I think Forevermore should be Honey BBQ and Abridged should be original. Wait, that doesn't make any sense either...
any rock can be made to roll

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3824 on: February 03, 2021, 10:27:53 AM »
They should've gone with Original, Extra Crispy, and Honey Barbeque Flavored.
Hell yeah
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #3825 on: February 03, 2021, 03:26:00 PM »
I think they did that to avoid people seeing the long one as "the" version and the other as an extra thing, they're presenting two albums (or two versions of their 5th album) and want to promote both as equally important.
This, for sure.  There is no MAIN version.  There are 2 (well, 3) versions.  To not title the long one "extended" could give the impression that it was the "real" version, and that's not really true.  They are both (all three) real.

This is the Schrodinger's Cat of prog albums.

This makes the most sense.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3826 on: February 03, 2021, 03:34:07 PM »
Just got my shipping notice from Radiant for my Blu-ray, so all my stuff is on the way. With the current state of the USPS, I hope to have everything by Christmas.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3827 on: February 03, 2021, 04:06:25 PM »
Just got my shipping notice from Radiant for my Blu-ray, so all my stuff is on the way. With the current state of the USPS, I hope to have everything by Christmas.

I got the email too!

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3828 on: February 03, 2021, 06:34:01 PM »
Also got my Radiant email today for the Blu Ray. Whenever it gets here is fine because it'll be a while before I can give it a proper 5.1 spin anyway, and I've got both other versions pre-ordered on iTunes so I'll have those on Friday.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #3829 on: February 04, 2021, 03:57:53 AM »
Got both The Breath of Life and Forevermore in the mail today.
Will listen to both soon. I'm excited to hear this one, because I hope to hear some cool jams. I find that lately too much prog is through-composed bullshit and that doesn't always interest me anymore. I always find Transatlantic's stuff really enjoyable.

DTF, help me out; with which one should I start?
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3830 on: February 04, 2021, 04:52:02 AM »
I think I'm going to listen to the 2 CD version first. Then the abridged and lastly the Ultimate.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #3831 on: February 04, 2021, 06:11:25 AM »
Got both The Breath of Life and Forevermore in the mail today.
Will listen to both soon. I'm excited to hear this one, because I hope to hear some cool jams. I find that lately too much prog is through-composed bullshit and that doesn't always interest me anymore. I always find Transatlantic's stuff really enjoyable.

DTF, help me out; with which one should I start?

I think the Forevermore version is the better one. And since it is also the "original" one, I'd recommend starting with that one  :)

Offline Learning2Live

« Reply #3832 on: February 04, 2021, 06:42:50 AM »
For those that got an email from Radiant - did you only order the Blu-Ray from them? I ordered both CD versions and the Blu-Ray as well, all from Radiant, and I haven't gotten any email yet about items being shipped. Wondering if they are late with getting the CDs out. Just trying to figure out why I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet when others have, and obviously the disappointment is setting in that I'm not going to have the albums to listen to on release day.

I guess I've been one of the more lucky ones on this board in that I've never really had an order issue with Radiant before, but looks like my time has come.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3833 on: February 04, 2021, 06:46:04 AM »
For those that got an email from Radiant - did you only order the Blu-Ray from them? I ordered both CD versions and the Blu-Ray as well, all from Radiant, and I haven't gotten any email yet about items being shipped. Wondering if they are late with getting the CDs out. Just trying to figure out why I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet when others have, and obviously the disappointment is setting in that I'm not going to have the albums to listen to on release day.

I guess I've been one of the more lucky ones on this board in that I've never really had an order issue with Radiant before, but looks like my time has come.

Same for me.  I ordered both CD's and the Blu Ray and have not received an email at all.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3834 on: February 04, 2021, 06:51:00 AM »
Honestly I don't know, they might be sending out the orders in categories. Who knows, plus even though my bluray from Radiant has shipped, I'm resigned to the fact that it's not going to arrive until sometime next week.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3835 on: February 04, 2021, 07:00:47 AM »
Just the BR from Radiant for me.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #3836 on: February 04, 2021, 07:18:23 AM »
I did not order from Radiant but I have seen posts on FB of folks receiving their CD sets from them already, but not anyone who ordered the BD. I believe they had some shipments held up in customs, which probably included their stock of BDs and Ultimate Edition box sets, so those may be delayed.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #3837 on: February 04, 2021, 08:00:47 AM »
My deluxe gazillion premium edition arrived, but it arrived at my parent's house, which is in Germany while I live in Austria (I usually order InsideOut or Just For Kicks orders to their house because it costs far less shipping). So I'll have to wait a few more weeks until I can spin this album on my turntable  :'(

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3838 on: February 04, 2021, 10:17:39 AM »
I ordered both CDs, the Blu Ray, and the T shirt.  No email for me.

Offline ronnibran

« Reply #3839 on: February 04, 2021, 11:16:03 AM »
I bought both cds from Amazon (US). Breath of Life delivering tomorrow but no estimate on Forevermore, like they don’t even have them yet... well at least I’ll have one of them.

Offline Cocopjojo

• Astral Traveler
« Reply #3840 on: February 04, 2021, 11:41:36 AM »
For those interested, it looks like Amazon will continue its trend of offering mp3s for download.

I've gotten a ton of albums this way recently.

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #3841 on: February 04, 2021, 12:30:26 PM »
For those interested, it looks like Amazon will continue its trend of offering mp3s for download.

I've gotten a ton of albums this way recently.

My super duper box set still showing as unshipped at Burning Shed.  I’m assuming the albums will be on Apple Music for me to listen to though while I wait to receive it.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #3842 on: February 04, 2021, 03:31:42 PM »
got the shipping notification yesterday from century media, expecting it sometime next week.  still planning to listen tonight once its up on apple music  :hefdaddy

Offline ronnibran

« Reply #3843 on: February 04, 2021, 03:39:35 PM »
Ugh, only bought from amazon b/c I wanted a "predictable" ship date.  Now the abridged one that was slated for arrival tomorrow is going to be Sunday or later (assuming b/c a stupid snow storm that isn't going away anytime soon).  And the other doesn't even sound like it's in stock and shippable.

Deep breaths....  I've waited 7 years for this, I'm sure I'll survive a bit longer.  I absolutely refuse to listen on spotify because I want to break windows every commercial and will not pay for a streaming service (I'd rather spend that money buying actual albums).

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #3844 on: February 04, 2021, 04:48:09 PM »
Oh, I still buy albums but £9.99 a month for access to pretty much any album you want is ridiculous value.  It’s way more convenient than having to rip cds to my laptop and then transfer to my phone.  It takes seconds to just download from Apple Music, just way more convenient.  I still like to own the albums that I like though.  Cds are for home and Apple Music for portability.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3845 on: February 04, 2021, 06:40:41 PM »
I never did end up pre-ordering any of this, so I will likely just buy both versions from iTunes first thing tomorrow before I head to work.  And if I like both enough, I can always order the vinyl later, as I don't mind paying for the same record twice when it's a great album AND one of my favorite bands/artists. 

Offline darkshade

« Reply #3846 on: February 04, 2021, 10:21:57 PM »
I ordered the two albums from Amazon and they're saying they're arriving Sunday. The record store a half hour away from me apparently has Forevermore in stock, but not Breath of Life.. I think I can wait two more days.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3847 on: February 04, 2021, 10:34:51 PM »
Haven't gotten my CDs or Bluray yet, I do see the albums streaming on youtube music, so I might give it a listen there.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #3848 on: February 04, 2021, 10:56:05 PM »
Mine started off in Denmark last Friday, immediately went to Cologne and just recently arrived in Belgium.

Who knows when it will arrive stateside.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #3849 on: February 05, 2021, 12:15:37 AM »
Oh, I still buy albums but £9.99 a month for access to pretty much any album you want is ridiculous value.  It’s way more convenient than having to rip cds to my laptop and then transfer to my phone.  It takes seconds to just download from Apple Music, just way more convenient.  I still like to own the albums that I like though.  Cds are for home and Apple Music for portability.

I do the same. I actually don't like streaming services because they suck for the artist (I guess), so I felt a bit guilty when I signed up for Apple Music. But I comforted myself by knowing that every album I like I want (and eventually will) own on vinyl, so I'll still support the artist.