Linked Events

• The Whirlwind Released: October 27, 2009

Author Topic: Transatlantic Official Thread  (Read 530479 times)

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Transatlantic: The Absolute Universe pre-orders
« Reply #3780 on: January 28, 2021, 02:52:35 PM »
I ordered from Roine and I haven't got either of my versions yet.

Offline jmarkwilson

« Reply #3781 on: January 28, 2021, 09:23:03 PM »
My copy has shipped from Racket.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3782 on: January 29, 2021, 03:37:06 AM »
Both of the versions arrived signed by Roine today
Damn all these meetings at work

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3783 on: January 29, 2021, 04:51:02 AM »
Lucky you getting a week early!
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #3784 on: January 29, 2021, 05:33:27 AM »
Apparently some folks, at least in Europe, are already receiving their copies of TAU from Roine's store, and some orders from Radiant have started shipping/getting their labels for shipment made.

Anyone here get shipment notification yet? I ordered from Laser CD, but nothing received yet. Seeing posts on FB of people with their albums is making me super jealous! The next 8 or so days are going to be tough to wait through!

-Marc.

Ordered two of the special extra deluxe limited lavish extra quintuple vinyl box sets at Just For Kicks (one for me, one for a buddy), they haven't been shipped yet...
any rock can be made to roll

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #3785 on: January 29, 2021, 10:15:30 AM »
Apparently some folks, at least in Europe, are already receiving their copies of TAU from Roine's store, and some orders from Radiant have started shipping/getting their labels for shipment made.

Anyone here get shipment notification yet? I ordered from Laser CD, but nothing received yet. Seeing posts on FB of people with their albums is making me super jealous! The next 8 or so days are going to be tough to wait through!

-Marc.

Ordered two of the special extra deluxe limited lavish extra quintuple vinyl box sets at Just For Kicks (one for me, one for a buddy), they haven't been shipped yet...

Good, but is it the prime golden magic super ultra megablaster with lasers and cherry on top edition?

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #3786 on: January 29, 2021, 10:30:34 AM »

-Marc.

Good, but is it the prime golden magic super ultra megablaster with lasers and cherry on top edition?

You know me Rodrigo, what do you think???

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #3787 on: January 29, 2021, 10:56:41 AM »

-Marc.

You know me Rodrigo, what do you think???

I think you bought the on eI mentioned, autographed even by the janitor of the studio where they recorded the album.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #3788 on: January 29, 2021, 10:58:21 AM »
I think, IIRC, I ordered this from Radiant, so I should have it sometime in June

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3789 on: January 29, 2021, 12:51:30 PM »
HAHA.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3790 on: January 29, 2021, 01:41:17 PM »
It won't be so funny when he gets it in June 2022.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3791 on: January 29, 2021, 01:50:21 PM »
Oddly enough the past few orders from Radiant I've gotten them on time. I preordered Live in BRNO and got that on time
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline adastra

« Reply #3792 on: January 30, 2021, 12:44:21 AM »
Got my Ultimate Edition yesterday!
I like the abridged version better so far.
Itīs funny how much the Looking For the Light soundl like Final Fantasy VII . Anyone else picked up that? The chord progression.
Stay by my side / as I fade / so you can point to the end of my struggle /and the twilight of eternal days / at the low, dark edge of life.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #3793 on: January 30, 2021, 02:49:56 AM »
Itīs funny how much the Looking For the Light soundl like Final Fantasy VII . Anyone else picked up that? The chord progression.

I never play that kind of stuff, could you please post a link to compare?

I think you bought the on eI mentioned, autographed even by the janitor of the studio where they recorded the album.

You know it  :biggrin:

Offline adastra

« Reply #3794 on: January 31, 2021, 08:48:56 AM »

Here! :)

https://youtu.be/l2_peI8GrOM?t=9
Stay by my side / as I fade / so you can point to the end of my struggle /and the twilight of eternal days / at the low, dark edge of life.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #3795 on: January 31, 2021, 09:19:58 AM »

Which version did you listen to first?

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #3796 on: January 31, 2021, 09:25:10 AM »

Here! :)

https://youtu.be/l2_peI8GrOM?t=9

You're right  :rollin

Offline adastra

« Reply #3797 on: January 31, 2021, 09:30:57 AM »

I started with abridged, Then went to the 90min version  and now listening/ watching the Ultimate version on Blu-ray.
In this Ultimate version, there is so much stuff to listen!   Propably takes me over a year to fully digest.
Itīs cool that they added visuals for the whole ultimate edition.

Offline lucasembarbosa

• Pale Rider of No Tomorrow
« Reply #3798 on: January 31, 2021, 06:05:30 PM »
Is the Ultimate Edition just a sum of both versions?

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #3799 on: January 31, 2021, 07:10:39 PM »

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #3800 on: January 31, 2021, 07:29:53 PM »

I started with abridged, Then went to the 90min version  and now listening/ watching the Ultimate version on Blu-ray.
In this Ultimate version, there is so much stuff to listen!   Propably takes me over a year to fully digest.
Itīs cool that they added visuals for the whole ultimate edition.

Hi adastra! Did you notice if the BluRay has also a stereo version? Thanks!
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline adastra

« Reply #3801 on: January 31, 2021, 09:16:16 PM »

There is 48/24 STEREO LPCM, DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and 48/24 5.1 LPCM

Im not sure yet.  It has about 5mins more content.  Propably is!

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3802 on: January 31, 2021, 09:21:24 PM »
Very happy about a stereo mix on the Blu. I have a Blu-ray drive in my PC and plan on ripping the audio for the Ultimate. Very glad to know that I will get a proper stereo mix.

My CD sets are coming from Laser CD and my Blu from Radiant. Honestly don't expect either until the week after release.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3803 on: January 31, 2021, 09:23:49 PM »

That's awesome to hear. I figured it would be there but nice to get a confirmation.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3804 on: January 31, 2021, 09:25:06 PM »
Very happy about a stereo mix on the Blu. I have a Blu-ray drive in my PC and plan on ripping the audio for the Ultimate. Very glad to know that I will get a proper stereo mix.

My CD sets are coming from Laser CD and my Blu from Radiant. Honestly don't expect either until the week after release.

I could gave written this post word for word.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #3805 on: January 31, 2021, 09:47:52 PM »

Im not sure yet.  It has about 5mins more content.  Propably is!

From what I can tell, most of the Ultimate Mix is from Forevermore, but it has "Can You Feel It" from TBOL, as well as "Reaching For The Sky" and "Take Now My Soul" from TBOL instead of "Heart Like A Whirlwind" and "Swing High, Swing Low" from Forevermore.

It also probably contains a mixture of mixes of both versions of songs that are mostly the same on both versions, but not having heard either of the 3 versions yet, I can't be too sure, but it probably has a more unique mix than the other two.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #3806 on: February 01, 2021, 05:22:23 AM »

There is 48/24 STEREO LPCM, DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and 48/24 5.1
Really cool to know, thanks again!
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline darkshade

« Reply #3807 on: February 02, 2021, 09:42:35 AM »
Semantics, but I find it funny that there is an "abridged" version, Breath of Life, since the original, Forevermore, was longer, but the extended version is extended from... what? Wasn't the original version the "extended" version? It sounds like the Ultimate version is the "extended" version, since it is longer than Forevermore.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3808 on: February 02, 2021, 09:48:36 AM »
Semantics, but I find it funny that there is an "abridged" version, Breath of Life, since the original, Forevermore, was longer, but the extended version is extended from... what? Wasn't the original version the "extended" version? It sounds like the Ultimate version is the "extended" version, since it is longer than Forevermore.

MP kind of cleared it up, at least for me, in his latest MP Vinyl video. He did mention that Forevermore was the original. He then said that when Neal started making the Abridged version that they ended up writing new music in places, inserted different lyrics and/or had different vocals on certain things.

My guess is that maybe the Ultimate combines everything, Forevermore plus the extra/altered material that was done for the Abridged. Guess we'll find out soon.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline adastra

« Reply #3809 on: February 02, 2021, 09:56:17 AM »
Okay, Iīve listened the Ultimate version and watched the visuals couple of times now.
I have to say that this album is something special. There is so much great melodies and passages and the visuals make them sound even better.
I particularly like the Owl Howl  - Solitude - Belong  - Lonesome Rebel -combo.

This is the first Transatlantic album released after I started to listen to the them and honestly I canīt say how it could be any better.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #3810 on: February 02, 2021, 10:32:48 AM »
Okay, Iīve listened the Ultimate version and watched the visuals couple of times now.
I have to say that this album is something special. There is so much great melodies and passages and the visuals make them sound even better.
I particularly like the Owl Howl  - Solitude - Belong  - Lonesome Rebel -combo.

This is the first Transatlantic album released after I started to listen to the them and honestly I canīt say how it could be any better.

:metal Nice! I cannot wait to hear this album! I really wish I had a BD player for my laptop so I could rip the audio from the Ultimate mix (which apparently also has a stereo mix). The next few days are going to be ROUGH waiting for the album here. I keep seeing folks getting their albums in the Transatlantic FB group, and I still haven't even gotten a shipping notification email from Laser CD for my two CD sets from them.
EDIT - I just checked my email and saw I got a shipping notification from Laser CD a bit ago! Hopefully my package arrives by the weekend!

Also, I've noticed that the version of TBOL from Radiant (at least) is a jewel case, but the copies coming from Roine/Foxtrot Records (and maybe Pete/Racket Records) seem to come as a digipak. I'm hoping my copy of TBOL is a digipak so it matches Forevermore. Maybe Radiant is the only store selling in as a jewel case? Can anyone confirm that?

-Marc.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 10:43:23 AM by The Letter M »
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline HOF

« Reply #3811 on: February 02, 2021, 11:20:17 AM »
Just got my Laser CD shipping notice as well. Fingers crossed for Friday or Saturday delivery.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3812 on: February 02, 2021, 11:26:36 AM »

I agree.  But it kinda makes sense to call them "abridged" and "extended" so that casual fans know what to look for.  I would be okay with the original version not having a descriptor, but since they were putting "abridged" on one version, they kinda had to put something on the original as well.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #3813 on: February 02, 2021, 12:10:46 PM »

I agree.  But it kinda makes sense to call them "abridged" and "extended" so that casual fans know what to look for.  I would be okay with the original version not having a descriptor, but since they were putting "abridged" on one version, they kinda had to put something on the original as well.

I get it, but it's sort of false advertising, as there's no "regular" version. Like at a hypothetical food establishment, no large as a drink size, only medium and extra large, even though one looks small, and the other looks medium, and not very large.
I just don't think they needed to even highlight "abridged" or "extended" as they're apparently two different takes on the same general album and feature music unique to each album. "Abridged" signifies shorter, edited down, which it was, but it was also altered; "extended" signifies "longer than the original".

Anyway, not a big deal, I need those albums in my ears so I can focus on the music.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #3814 on: February 02, 2021, 01:01:56 PM »

I get it, but it's sort of false advertising, as there's no "regular" version. Like at a hypothetical food establishment, no large as a drink size, only medium and extra large, even though one looks small, and the other looks medium, and not very large.
I just don't think they needed to even highlight "abridged" or "extended" as they're apparently two different takes on the same general album and feature music unique to each album. "Abridged" signifies shorter, edited down, which it was, but it was also altered; "extended" signifies "longer than the original".

Anyway, not a big deal, I need those albums in my ears so I can focus on the music.

I think they did that to avoid people seeing the long one as "the" version and the other as an extra thing, they're presenting two albums (or two versions of their 5th album) and want to promote both as equally important.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."