General > General Music Discussion

Transatlantic Official Thread

(1/1132) > >>

bosk1:
Update: 2009-08-26

--- Quote from: Zydar on August 26, 2009, 12:13:36 PM ---https://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/m2399307.aspx

October release, 'The Whirlwind'.

"For Immediate Release
August 26th 2009

TRANSATLANTIC’S THE WHIRLWIND
Coming in October!!

TRANSATLANTIC – the Progressive Rock Supergroup featuring DREAM THEATER’s Mike Portnoy, MARILLION’s Pete Trewavas, THE FLOWER KINGS’ Roine Stolt and Neal Morse (Ex-SPOCK’S BEARD) – will release their long-awaited third album in October 2009.

THE WHIRLWIND is a 77-minute piece of music that is sure to satisfy the band’s legions of fans that have patiently waited almost the entire decade for the reunion of these 4 musicians.

THE WHIRLWIND will be available in two formats:
A Regular Edition Single CD of the entire 77 minute Epic as well as a 2-CD Special Edition containing a Bonus Disc with 8 newly recorded Studio Tracks.
(4 new Transatlantic compositions and 4 Cover Songs) 

The Track Listing for the Special Edition is:

Disc One:
THE WHIRLWIND

Disc Two:
1. SPINNING
2. LENNY JOHNSON
3. FOR SUCH A TIME
4. LENDING A HAND
5. THE RETURN OF THE GIANT HOGWEED (Genesis)
6. A SALTY DOG (Procol Harum)
7. I NEED YOU (America / The Beatles)
8. SOUL SACRIFICE (Santana)

TRANSATLANTIC’S THE WHIRLWIND is currently scheduled for the following release dates:

October 23rd 2009: Germany, Austria, Switzerland
October 26th 2009: Europe
October 27th 2009: North America"

--- End quote ---

=================================

For Immediate Release
April 16th 2009

TRANSATLANTIC FLIES AGAIN!!!

PROGRESSIVE ROCK SUPERGROUP
REUNITES FOR NEW STUDIO ALBUM.
POSSIBLE LATE 2009 RELEASE PLANNED.

TRANSATLANTIC, the progressive rock "supergroup" comprised of Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater), Pete Trewavas (Marillion), Roine Stolt (The Flower Kings) and Neal Morse (ex-Spock's Beard), have reunited after a 7 year hiatus to begin work on a brand new studio album.

The band began work on the album in early April in Nashville and are expected to have it released by year's end if all goes as planned.

TRANSATLANTIC have previously released two studio albums to tremendous critical and fan acclaim: 2000's SMPTe and 2001's Bridge Across Forever. The band toured on the heels of each release with an American Tour in 2000 and a European Tour in 2001 and released subsequent Live DVD's/CD's from both tours before going their separate ways for an indefinite hiatus which lasted almost the entire decade.

axeman90210:
well, I'm certainly aroused

The Letter M:
It's a great time to be a fan of MP between last year's LTE Anniversary tour and upcoming release of said tour in a Limited Ed. Box Set and the upcoming Transatlantic album (and likely subsequent tour), as well as the obvious- the upcoming DT album and other YtsejamRecord releases (such as the Covers bootleg)... it's also a very POOR time to be a MP fan! It's a LOT of money!

I wonder what kind of treatment the release will get. The first two TA albums had very hard to find/very limited Special Editions. Neal Morse has made special editions of most of his solo albums ("Testimony", "One" and "Lifeline") with bonus material and lately, MP has released DT's first and second upcoming album with Roadrunner in special editions (with bonus stuff). Hopefully it won't be TOO expensive...

Honestly, this go around, I'm hoping for two sprawling epics and a series of shorter songs in the 5-10 minute range. However, if they go all out, we may see a double album, which honestly, I would not frown upon! These four might have a LOT to say through music together after such a long time apart!

-Marc.

Orbert:
This is good news!

ariich:
Very exciting news indeed. As people were saying in the old version of the thread, this news is as exciting as the new DT album, if not more so as it's such a surprise!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version