Author Topic: The Non-Lonely Hearts Club  (Read 145731 times)

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
Re: The Non-Lonely Hearts Club
« Reply #735 on: August 10, 2010, 02:08:52 PM »
Oh give me a break, I'm just learning how to drive  :P

So am I. I've avoided killing animals thus far.

Yeah, so have I.

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
  • I probably don't like you
« Reply #736 on: August 10, 2010, 02:56:47 PM »
Oh give me a break, I'm just learning how to drive  :P

So am I. I've avoided killing animals thus far.

Yeah, so have I.

You certainly added insult to injury (or in this case, death) for that poor bird.
Unless it shat on you earlier that day, and you planted a tracking device on it, waited for it to land on the street, and then hunt it down and mercilessly flatten it. To which I say: what the hell? It's a bird. Let it go.
NEW REVIEW: Lady Gaga - Born This Way
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=25343.0

Setra, I think that is the best statement I have read on this forum.  Very well said.

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #737 on: August 10, 2010, 03:47:39 PM »
It's all fake.

Offline Dark Master Of Sin

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #738 on: August 21, 2010, 05:52:13 PM »
Randomly coming in to say that Beth and I have been going for 4 months six days and that she finally got a webcam which has made long distance a lot easier :)
gone

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #739 on: August 21, 2010, 06:43:56 PM »
Randomly coming in to rub it into all of you lonely fuckers that Beth and I have been going for 4 months six days and that she finally got a webcam which has made long distance a lot easier :)
How I read it.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #740 on: August 21, 2010, 07:27:40 PM »
DMOS, your life will improve when you stop keeping track of your relationship to the day :P

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #741 on: August 21, 2010, 07:29:04 PM »
 :lol
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Dark Master Of Sin

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #742 on: August 21, 2010, 07:38:14 PM »
DMOS, your life will improve when you stop keeping track of your relationship to the day :P
or, i just remember the day i asked her out, and don't fail at math.
gone

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #743 on: August 21, 2010, 08:20:27 PM »

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #744 on: November 12, 2010, 10:05:04 PM »
RISE!!!

So guys, with it being past midnight in the only time zone that matters, I can officially say I have been with Sarah for a year. Now, I know that you shouldn't keep track of months and shit, but I do beleve a year is a nice milestone to admire. And yes, I know there are the fogies who have been with their spouses for decades, give me a break, I'm 15, what do you want from me. :P

So, as I reflect on the year past, and in my general haste to get this on these boards, I can culminate the entire last 365 days with...

It has been one hell of an experience, and an amazing, fun, and pleasurable one at that. :)

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #745 on: November 12, 2010, 10:18:52 PM »
I was going to offer a suggestion all too common on these forums...

But I don't think numbers should ever put it in anyone's pooper.

Offline True Death of Life

• The hair, the legend
« Reply #746 on: November 12, 2010, 10:24:38 PM »
I was going to offer a suggestion all too common on these forums...

But I don't think numbers should ever put it in anyone's pooper.

Oh god...Cole you weren't thinking about it, were you?

WERE YOU?

:dangerwillrobinson:

But seriously, back to you. Thanks for being my n00b. It's been amazing.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #747 on: November 12, 2010, 10:25:42 PM »
No, I was most certainly not thinking about it, and no problem. :heart

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #748 on: November 13, 2010, 01:32:14 AM »
Highly topical:

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #749 on: November 13, 2010, 01:44:19 AM »
Oh God :lol

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #750 on: November 13, 2010, 02:16:14 AM »
Highly topical:

psh my girl asked me that.. and i told her i was thinking of butt-fuckin' she responded with "maybe sometime"

8D

Offline Logical Nightmare

• DTF.org Member
  • YAAAY! awww...
« Reply #751 on: November 13, 2010, 03:02:23 AM »
Maybe I should write it in this thread too:

I and my boyfriend got nominated to "couple of the year" at my school. WE MUST BE SO CUTE

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #752 on: November 13, 2010, 03:15:58 AM »
Awww!

Highly topical:

YES.

Am I the only one who wants to ask about numbers' and Sarah's sex life?

Probably.

Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

• DTF.org Member
  • YAAAY! awww...
« Reply #753 on: November 13, 2010, 03:30:44 AM »
I always want to ask about people's sex lives.

And when they say "Oh yeah, how about YOU tell ME about yours?!" I happily tell them details they probably don't want to hear.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #754 on: November 13, 2010, 03:35:14 AM »
Sex life thread? That sounds a little rambunctious for DTF hehe  :lol

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #755 on: November 13, 2010, 03:46:59 AM »
:eyebrows:

Offline True Death of Life

• The hair, the legend
« Reply #756 on: November 13, 2010, 08:00:32 AM »
 :|

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #757 on: November 13, 2010, 08:06:26 AM »
Maybe I should write it in this thread too:

I and my boyfriend got nominated to "couple of the year" at my school. WE MUST BE SO CUTE

D'awww  :laugh:

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #758 on: November 14, 2010, 12:22:34 AM »
Funny coincidence actually, because even though my one year with my gf isn't till Dec. 11, she took me out Friday night, because it'd been one year since we met.  I know that sounds pretty silly, but given the circumstances I'd say it was worth celebrating. :)

Actually on that note, new topic: how did all the NLH's here meet their significant others?
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #759 on: November 14, 2010, 02:31:18 AM »
Congrats!
My four year anniversary with Tony just passed in October. I still can't believe it.

Actually on that note, new topic: how did all the NLH's here meet their significant others?

Undergrad. He was the adorable weird guy with sorta long hair (my weakness) and purty eyes who sat on the porch of the music building in a sportcoat while smoking a pipe. My friend Jess and I used to talk about him, not really knowing him (we had some mutual friends through the music department) but both thinking he was very cute and obviously unique. I was still with my ex at the time but things had been on their way out for a long time. When we finally broke up, I didn't really waste any time because I was very attracted to him and just thought "Hey, why not just have a fun fling?" (had a very unsatisfying sexual relationship with my ex, or lack of one, so I was kinda going crazy but not interested in another relationship so soon)... so, even though I had quit smoking like a year before, I made the excuse to talk to him by asking him for cigarettes and one thing lead to another (including awkward viewings of Harold & Kumar and Magnolia). Drama ensued, since it got more serious than anticipated (I kinda freaked... and so did my ex and all of our mutual friends, oy), but things eventually died down and I took it for what it was: an awesome relationship with an awesome person... and that was four years ago. And in six months I will be Mrs. Mikael Åkerfeldt  :D

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #760 on: November 14, 2010, 03:35:04 AM »
and that was four years ago. And in six months I will be Mrs. Mikael Åkerfeldt  :D

LOL

I love telling this story, so I'm going to tell it:

When I was a junior in highschool, I worked at Taco Bell. Since I sucked at putting the food together, they'd always throw me in the very, very back, where I'd basically spend the night cutting up boxes, boiling the "fried" beans, cutting up stuff in the freezer, and doing dishes.

That summer, I basically had no social life. The previous summer, I'd played in a band, but since then my family had decided I needed to get a job. I was working almost full time, and the lack of a car and dependence on parents for rides to and from work pretty much meant that I could only work after 4 pm. By default, I got shafted with a really bizarre 4-12 pm schedule. I'd go to work, then come home, shower, read or play some games, go to bed, wake up at like noon, and then have precious few hours again to do things that I wanted to do.

My only friends were other people I worked with. This included a gay kid who was also lousy enough to get thrown in the back and some of his friends who would come in during break. One day, my mom had to drop me off early so I hung out with the gay kid and a couple of his friends. Among his friends was a very cool, unique looking girl. I started talking with her and found out that she was a really big Nightwish fan. She also was really into fantasy literature and stuff. Basically, both were things I was obsessed with at the time. The only problem was she was just coming off a 2 year relationship with her ex (who, by the way, was also there at the time).

We started talking on the phone and online and stuff, and started hanging out a little bit. A big issue, I remember, was that her and her ex were still kinda being physical with one-another, even though he had already cheated on her and broke up with her. It was not a good situation at all, and it seemed to me like she was letting herself into an almost-abusive situation.

Anyway, after like 2 weeks of her juggling between me and her ex, she decided to cut ties with her ex "once and for all." We started going out, and all the sudden half of all of her old friends turned against her and starting spreading some nasty rumors about me. Lots of drama occurred. I'll say even the first 6 months of my relationship were very weird, because she went to school with her ex and I went to a different school, and every once in awhile something would happen between them (nothing physical, but, for example, he would try and talk to her about things or try and get us to all hang out together). Not only that, but, in the beginning, she'd always just talk about things her and her ex used to do together. It was SO annoying. Every other sentence out of her mouth would be something like "Me and _______ used to go here" or "Me and ________ saw that before." I hated that, and almost ended things after the first couple of months, but no in retrospect I just chalk it up to immaturity on her part.

But after than, she REALLY cut him out of her life. I forget why. I think he came onto her really strong after a class, or asked her to get back together, or something that just crossed the line and made her realize she had to make a choice. Things got exponentially better after that.

Anyway, it's been over 5 years now. I feel like it's been even longer-- in a good way. We started dating when she was 15-16 and I was 17-18. Now she's 21 and I'm 23. I really feel like I've grown into an adult (kinda) with the person I'm with, and I'm glad to have able to watch her grow and change over the years too. I know some couples grow apart, but, for some reason, we've always been able to realize when that's happened and figure out ways to coil things back around toward each other in the end. So far, we've been through lovely a couple of phases: 1.) the "infatuation mixed with drama" phases, the 2.) "giddy highschool relationship" phase 3.) the difficult "one of us is in college and one of us is still in high school“ phase 3.) the "we've sure grown far apart while one of us was in college in one of us is still in highschool" phase, the 4.) the "we're both in college, live in the same apartment, and having an awesome time playing house" phase and now 5.) the "one of us is on the other side of the world for the next 21 months" phase.

It's been a trip so far, but it's been a really great and fulfilling one. I don't know what's next. Probably the 6.) "joyous reunion" phase 7.) "realization of adulthood crises" and 8.) probable marriage.

Phew.... I could keep going on. But I'll stop now. I think I'm being a bit obnoxious.  :P

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #761 on: November 14, 2010, 04:51:10 AM »
And in six months I will be Mrs. Mikael Åkerfeldt  :D

WAIT WHAT YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #762 on: November 14, 2010, 05:00:58 AM »
I met my significant other when I saw she was being beaten by a couple of pimps so, me being the manliest of all men, went and saved her using my brute strength. I took her to the hospital where I waited at her side for 2 weeks until she recovered.

The rest, as they say, is history.

:neverusethis:

Also:

And in six months I will be Mrs. Mikael Åkerfeldt  :D

• DTF.org Member
  • YAAAY! awww...
« Reply #763 on: November 14, 2010, 05:35:00 AM »
My boyfriend was in my parallel class (do you express it that way?). So I knew who he was for a long time before we actually started talking, which happened because my friends started spending time with his friends.

The first time we talked was when I was on my way to the classroom. I met him halfway holding a bloody piece of paper to his chin. It turns out he passed out when watching his teacher dissect a pair of deer lungs, fell off his chair and hit his chin on another chair on the way down. That's not manly at all. :D Anyway, the conversation went mostly like "ouch, what happened?" and he explained it shortly before we parted. It wasn't special at the time, but now it's a pretty good "how we met"-story.

He still has the scar from the accident. It's a very sexy scar.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #764 on: November 14, 2010, 06:34:15 AM »
My story is really not that interesting, but here it goes:

I had just broken up with my ex. Or rather, she broke up with me after only two weeks, because she was still in love with her ex and she wanted to pursue that.

However, it only took a couple of weeks before I met this girl on a swedish community. (Helgon.se, for any swedes here.) We just hit it off right away. However, she thought of me as a friend only for a great while. I made sure she didn't. ;) I made quite big moves on her, having found myself a new confidence so often severaly lacking in my life otherwise. She was shocked but eventually realized she had similar feelings to me. I invited her to my apartment to watch movies and sleep over. We did, we had sex and then we were a couple, still going strong after over a year. My longest relationsship of my life. :)
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #765 on: November 14, 2010, 09:50:26 AM »
Same class since 7th grade, started talking to her in the 8th, became really good friends from the 8th to 9th and in the 9th we started to "date"

It is a hell of a lot more complicated but that is the basicness of it all.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #766 on: November 14, 2010, 09:53:39 AM »
And in six months I will be Mrs. Mikael Åkerfeldt  :D

CONGRATULATIONS JACKIE!

Now I must excuse myself from this thread and start to cry.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #767 on: November 14, 2010, 11:29:05 AM »
 :lol you guys. I thought you would get the joke if I said Mikael. Not getting married... although my two-year-old nephew calls him Uncle Tony for some reason. I'm kind of on the fence about marriage in general. I can see myself with him for a looong time, but not sure if I'd want to go about doing it that way. Maybe. I definitely hope we can move in together when I'm done with grad school, but his parents are insane Catholics and won't let us sleep in the same room at his house. I was like "Just tell them we're getting married so we can live together" but I don't think he would.

Anyway, more stories y'all! PC, sounds sort of like our situation when my ex found out I was dating someone else. All of our mutual friends started hating me and talking all kinds of shit. It took a long time for that wound to heal. They even stopped talking to my friend Erin because she spoke to Tony in the cafeteria one day  :\
Needless to say, I am still friendly with those people but do not hang out with them anymore. I don't have hard feelings about what happened, but I know now they are not the kind of people you get close to. Too insecure, too immature, too drawn to drama.

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #768 on: November 14, 2010, 12:17:16 PM »
I met my significant other when I saw she was being beaten by a couple of pimps so, me being the manliest of all men, went and saved her using my brute strength. I took her to the hospital where I waited at her side for 2 weeks until she recovered.

The rest, as they say, is history.

:neverusethis:

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #769 on: November 14, 2010, 12:21:45 PM »
I told Tahlia that I posted that and she just called me a n00b :(