Author Topic: RCMH  (Read 13114 times)

Offline Sycsa

• The Strong, Silent Type
Re: RCMH
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2013, 12:01:04 AM »
I've been tempted to click on this thread for a few days now, but I didn't know what RCMH stood for.  Finally, I got it.  Radio City Music Hall.
Thanks, I thought I'd never figure it out.

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Offline Robo4900

• Bacon Connoisseur
Re: RCMH
« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2018, 01:53:24 PM »
I recently rewatched Score, and decided to revive this thread instead of opening a new one to mindlessly rave about it(Given this is the thread linked to in the Index Of Albums & Songs sticky, I assume that's the correct proceedure?). Goddamn is Score good. James is on fire to a degree you won't see on pretty much any other DT live release, the setlist is ridiculous and amazing, it sounds really great, Vacant with an orchestra is perfection, and if it wasn't for When Dream And Day Reunite, this would be the definitive performance of Metropolis Pt. 1.
This has always been my favourite live DVD, and watching it again after not having seen it in several months reaffirmed that for me very strongly. :)

Awesome DVD. Only thing that wasn't so great is that I noticed a lot of macroblocking... Poor DVD can't handle all the moving bright colours and lights. :lol
I suppose there is also the minor audio issues with James's mic; sounds like for some verses and such he's holding it too close to his face, or they lost the feed on the recording of his pre-compression vocals or something, or the reverb filter went temporarily insane... Still, fairly minor technical issues, I suppose.

I do wish they'd reissue this on Blu-Ray. Score in HD would be :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal
... Y'know, actually I do legitimately wonder why they haven't done that, now that I think about it... They did it for Budokan seven years ago, so you'd they'd have done Score already...
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."