Author Topic: I just noticed something during The Great Debate...  (Read 9330 times)

Offline Mladen

Re: I just noticed something during The Great Debate...
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2010, 11:54:59 AM »
The first paragraph is projected in the left speaker, while the latter in heard in the right speaker.  What is remarkable about this that the first paragraph is the liberal side of the issue (or, the LEFT wing), while the second paragraph is the conservative view (known as the RIGHT wing).  
I've never noticed this, it's a really cool thing. I'm listening to the track at the moment - GOD, I LOVE IT SO MUCH! I must hear it live someday...

Offline 2Timer

• The only DT fan who plays country music!
  • Don't turn your back on parrot eyes
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2010, 06:25:38 PM »
That's pretty cool. I'm not sharp enough to pick up on these things on my own. Good catch.
I am God when it goes to hell
When it turns out good I'm not to blame

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2010, 12:15:11 PM »
If you look closely at the lyrics in the cd booklet, the letters to the far left align vertically to spell MSNBC.  If you look at the letters on the far right, they spell FOX NEWS.

Disclaimer: all of the above is a complete fiction.

Offline MirzekDT

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2010, 12:37:02 PM »
The first paragraph is projected in the left speaker, while the latter in heard in the right speaker.  What is remarkable about this that the first paragraph is the liberal side of the issue (or, the LEFT wing), while the second paragraph is the conservative view (known as the RIGHT wing).  
I've never noticed this, it's a really cool thing. I'm listening to the track at the moment - GOD, I LOVE IT SO MUCH! I must hear it live someday...

I hope Mike will choose it to represent SDOIT on the next tour (after next album) together with TGP (because of 12 Step saga) and I think it's not impossible becuase they haven't played it since Train Of Thought Tour and the best solution would be even TGD on the next DVD :D I love this song so much

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2010, 12:41:14 PM »
If you look closely at the lyrics in the cd booklet, the letters to the far left align vertically to spell MSNBC.  If you look at the letters on the far right, they spell FOX NEWS.

Disclaimer: all of the above is a complete fiction.

:lol

Winnah!
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2010, 04:43:25 PM »
In my view, it's not that TGD is a bad song, it's just so mediocre and long that it's not worth listening to for the really good parts.  I think it would be a lot better if it was cut down by like 4 minutes or so.

I wouldn't call it mediocre, but it definitely has that feel of being a bit too long.  The best parts of the song are the intro and the outros, neither of which I feel are too long.  I just wish the meat of the song was a bit more interesting; I probably wouldn't mind the length, then.  If I am listening to all of 6DOIT Disc 1, I usually don't skip over this song, but if I am randomly picking DT songs to listen to, I will almost never pick it.

This.
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2010, 04:54:31 PM »
I hope Mike will choose it to represent SDOIT on the next tour (after next album) together with TGP (because of 12 Step saga) and I think it's not impossible becuase they haven't played it since Train Of Thought Tour and the best solution would be even TGD on the next DVD :D I love this song so much

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but weren't both "The Great Debate" and "Under a Glass Moon" originally supposed to play on the night they recorded the Budokan DVD, but they were both cut because of time?  Just think, had they been played and included, that would have probably changed the Score set list, too, as I doubt "Under a Glass Moon" would have been played for a 2nd consecutive DVD (and 3rd overall).  Ain't speculation fun?  :biggrin:

Offline wasp2020

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2010, 08:06:07 PM »
I also just recently noticed that the chorus to About to Crash ("Still it's hard to just get by..."), which I always thought was weird for being so unconnected to the rest of 6D for being such a central part, is actually mostly the same progression and everything as the Goodnight Kiss guitar solo melody (and the same part in the Overture). The piano even faintly plays the melody behind JLB...

Offline robwebster

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2010, 08:08:55 PM »
Crikey, it is?!

Oh wow, that's wonderful.

It took me the best part of four years to realise the acoustic break in the mental instrumental section in Octavarium was playing the same melody as the synth solo. That's like... fifty times the level subtle! Also fifty times the level of badass.

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2010, 10:01:32 PM »

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but weren't both "The Great Debate" and "Under a Glass Moon" originally supposed to play on the night they recorded the Budokan DVD, but they were both cut because of time?  Just think, had they been played and included, that would have probably changed the Score set list, too, as I doubt "Under a Glass Moon" would have been played for a 2nd consecutive DVD (and 3rd overall).  Ain't speculation fun?  :biggrin:

nop, the song were "Caught in a Web" and "Under a Glass Moon"
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2010, 09:54:56 AM »

Had "Under A Glass Moon" been included on the Budokan DVD, it's likely that "Take The Time" would've been played on Score instead. Luckily, I don't think "Surrounded" was in rotation for the IAW-spot of the Octavarium tour setlists, so it's 2007 version would've still made it on to Chaos In Motion, but "Take The Time" would not have. We might have gotten something in it's place (any ideas?).

What a cascading effect that would have had if UAGM made it on to the Budokan setlist!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline robwebster

« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2010, 11:30:27 AM »

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but weren't both "The Great Debate" and "Under a Glass Moon" originally supposed to play on the night they recorded the Budokan DVD, but they were both cut because of time?  Just think, had they been played and included, that would have probably changed the Score set list, too, as I doubt "Under a Glass Moon" would have been played for a 2nd consecutive DVD (and 3rd overall).  Ain't speculation fun?  :biggrin:

I thought it was Caught in a Web and The Great Debate.

UAGM would've given it an interesting vibe though.

Offline fsh3702

• 爱梦剧院、爱数理化、爱吉他、爱mount&blade
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2010, 01:23:00 AM »
the thread starter really have a brilliant analytical mind, but in the this great debate of human cloning, i rather chose to be conservative.
F=ma
E=mc2=hν
▽E=-dB/dt
1h2/2m▽2ψ+Uψ=Eψ

Offline robwebster

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2010, 05:53:17 AM »
Well as a kind of easter egg, you can mute the left channel and silence the evildoers.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2010, 07:00:09 AM »
ZING!