Author Topic: Iron Maiden & Dream Theater - NA Tour (Spoilers in Concert Section Please!)  (Read 83825 times)

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
  • I probably don't like you
Re: Iron Maiden & Dream Theater - North American Summer Tour!!
« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2010, 08:39:29 PM »
Um....Im not crazy....there was a July 6th Date in Ottawa...and now.....
*poof*

:(

I am sad too...
Gotta find a new show to go to.
NEW REVIEW: Lady Gaga - Born This Way
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=25343.0

Setra, I think that is the best statement I have read on this forum.  Very well said.

Offline Nic35

• Which seat can I take =/ ?
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #176 on: March 05, 2010, 11:09:45 PM »
*poof*

I am sad too...
I'm pretty sure they will play in Ottawa, in Montreal and in Quebec. On DT website, there are no dates from the 3rd and 11th of July. Seeing that their show on July 3rd is in Toronto, I'm pretty sure they will hit Ottawa/Montral/Quebec. It's just a matter of officialize the dates.
Jesus Christ himself* comes down amidst a choir of 2 billion angels singing Handel's Hallelujah chorus. As KrotchRaut shred randomly on guitars made of dragon bones using picks made from God's kidney stones, Jesus heals a blind woman who promptly gives birth onstage to a creation of pure light.

*Yes, Jesus Christ himself. Nothing less will do.

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #177 on: March 06, 2010, 12:06:53 AM »
I just joined the fan club for the same reason. Hopefully I'll be able to get into the presale; my girlfriend just told me that she joined the Toby Keith fan club for the same reason years ago, and after she did, she learned that there was a waiting period before you could do the presales because they didn't want people just joining for the presales. I didn't see anything like that on Maiden's site, but you never know...
In fairness, the waiting period referred to here was so you could cool off a little bit and not immediately put a boot in someone's ass!!!

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #178 on: March 06, 2010, 05:58:08 AM »
BirchBoy, if you want your gang of 8 to go, couldn't one of the others order the other 4 tickets?

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline 2Timer

• The only DT fan who plays country music!
  • Don't turn your back on parrot eyes
« Reply #179 on: March 06, 2010, 06:34:50 AM »
I just joined the fan club for the same reason. Hopefully I'll be able to get into the presale; my girlfriend just told me that she joined the Toby Keith fan club for the same reason years ago, and after she did, she learned that there was a waiting period before you could do the presales because they didn't want people just joining for the presales. I didn't see anything like that on Maiden's site, but you never know...
In fairness, the waiting period referred to here was so you could cool off a little bit and not immediately put a boot in someone's ass!!!

It's the American way!
I am God when it goes to hell
When it turns out good I'm not to blame

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #180 on: March 06, 2010, 11:34:30 AM »
BirchBoy, if you want your gang of 8 to go, couldn't one of the others order the other 4 tickets?
Yes, but with half of the world's population racing to get tickets at the same exact time, there is a great chance that we'll be separated, unless there is a ticket-buying feature like the one I used to buy DT tickets where you hand pick your seats from a seating chart.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #181 on: March 06, 2010, 12:12:10 PM »
Yes, but with half of the world's population racing to get tickets at the same exact time, there is a great chance that we'll be separated, unless there is a ticket-buying feature like the one I used to buy DT tickets where you hand pick your seats from a seating chart.
Ah right, I assumed you'd be standing. Yeah that is a bugger then.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #182 on: March 06, 2010, 12:16:10 PM »
Ah right, I assumed you'd be standing. Yeah that is a bugger then.
Probably next year I'll start getting GA tickets. Right now I'm not sure I'd be able to see over half the people that will be there.

Offline TL

« Reply #183 on: March 06, 2010, 01:57:41 PM »
I'm pretty sure they will play in Ottawa, in Montreal and in Quebec. On DT website, there are no dates from the 3rd and 11th of July. Seeing that their show on July 3rd is in Toronto, I'm pretty sure they will hit Ottawa/Montral/Quebec. It's just a matter of officialize the dates.
Iron Maiden's site has Montreal listed for July 7th, under the "With Very Special Guests Dream Theater" section, so there is hope.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #184 on: March 06, 2010, 02:16:52 PM »
Finally found a silver lining in this grim dirt news, if Dream Theater is playing first then I don't have to stay to see that other band.
I just hope DT set reachs 2 hours.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #185 on: March 06, 2010, 02:20:38 PM »
Finally found a silver lining in this grim dirt news, if Dream Theater is playing first then I don't have to stay to see that other band.
I just hope DT set reachs 2 hours.
OVERLOAD, OVERLOAD. EXTREME AMOUNTS OF FAIL. OVERLOAD, OVERL--- bzzzttt :splodetard:

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #186 on: March 06, 2010, 02:26:28 PM »
Fail is what the people who thought of that tour are made of.
Why are DT fans so under-estimated always? I can't believe DT don't have enough fans to tour alone without fearing lack of sales.
What if I don't like cheesy ass Iron Maiden? fuck me I'm just a DT fan, insignificant, I don't deserve to have a say in this or have the concert I've been dreaming about for a long time.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #187 on: March 06, 2010, 02:28:04 PM »
Stop pissing on our parades.

Offline TL

« Reply #188 on: March 06, 2010, 02:30:09 PM »
"The band I like only played North America ONCE on this tour. Don't they know that they owe me?"
Seriously, cry some more. We get it, you're not an IM fan. No one cares.

They weren't going to tour this summer anyway, largely because they just played a North American tour.
Also, yes, DT can easily carry a tour by themselves, but Iron Maiden is one of the biggest touring acts in the world. This is an incredible opportunity for them, and they would have been insane not to have agreed to it.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #189 on: March 06, 2010, 02:33:38 PM »
You're right, it's a waste of piss.
I'm out.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #190 on: March 06, 2010, 03:36:44 PM »
Why are DT fans so under-estimated always? I can't believe DT don't have enough fans to tour alone without fearing lack of sales.
What if I don't like cheesy ass Iron Maiden? fuck me I'm just a DT fan, insignificant, I don't deserve to have a say in this or have the concert I've been dreaming about for a long time.
Um, what are you on about? DT touring again so soon after headlining a tour was not particularly popular with promoters due to the economic climate and a drop in attendances on the last tour. Whereas Iron Maiden will ALWAYS sell well because they are one of the biggest bands in the world. And DT supporting means none of their own money is at stake, but they still get to play to some DT fans and also to a lot of other people which should give them some good exposure. In all regards this is a sensible move for DT.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #191 on: March 06, 2010, 04:25:20 PM »
*poof*

I am sad too...

I believe you're right. The BluesFest in Ottawa doesn't start until July 7th, so a date on the 6th seems incorrect. If you google the DT Maiden in Ottawa there are still a bunch of places reporting it.

I'll just cross my fingers.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #192 on: March 06, 2010, 04:26:16 PM »
I disapprove of the tour as well,  but seriously, DT sells 1500 tickets here in D/FW.  Maiden will sell 13k+.  

If you're wanting to go and see DT and leave, you're going to be severely disappointed.  There's no way they play more than 60 minutes, and you're gonna pay out the ass for the ticket.  
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dark Master Of Sin

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #193 on: March 06, 2010, 05:18:28 PM »
That's why I'm lucky to love both Iron Maiden and Dream Theater  :metal
gone

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #194 on: March 06, 2010, 06:30:10 PM »
If you go to see DT and leave, you're missing what's arguably the best show in metal.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #195 on: March 06, 2010, 07:07:32 PM »

hadn't thought of it that way...I am going to be double blessed

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #196 on: March 06, 2010, 07:15:27 PM »

hadn't thought of it that way...I am going to be double blessed
Yeah, they're honestly my two favorite bands.
gone

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #197 on: March 06, 2010, 07:36:57 PM »
awesome!  IM isn't my favorite, but I have loved them since I was a kid and I have always wanted to see them, but never have, and to combine it with my favorite band for the last 19 years...and at MSG, in NYC, and...yeah.  I agree with you

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #198 on: March 06, 2010, 07:43:58 PM »
My dad is pretty much the same way, Dream Theater has been his favorite band since '92, and he's listened to Iron Maiden since he was like my age. He's not quite as excited as me, since he's seen Dream Theater around 10 times, and Maiden about the same. I, on the other hand, have only seen Dream Theater once, and IM never.
gone

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #199 on: March 06, 2010, 09:54:43 PM »
If you go to see DT and leave, you're missing what's arguably the best show in metal.

Quote for truth.

I mean, even if you're not a Maiden fan, it would be silly to leave their show and not give them 15 minutes to at least try and get into their live show.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #200 on: March 06, 2010, 10:15:31 PM »
Any chance that there will be some dates that can be added? I really wish there is a philly show if not Ill try my best to go to MSG.

Offline DJF

• has disappeared down the cellar stairs.
« Reply #201 on: March 06, 2010, 10:21:38 PM »
You guys in America are so lucky... what a gig/tour that would be!!  :omg:

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #202 on: March 06, 2010, 11:06:26 PM »
Yeah, occasionally we get lucky, but really Europe is where it's all at for the most part.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #203 on: March 07, 2010, 12:09:14 AM »
I agree with all the praises of Maiden against the worthless heretics  :metal :birch:

Offline 2Timer

• The only DT fan who plays country music!
  • Don't turn your back on parrot eyes
« Reply #204 on: March 07, 2010, 06:49:50 AM »
Any chance that there will be some dates that can be added? I really wish there is a philly show if not Ill try my best to go to MSG.

I usually go to the Philly shows too, but we went to the NJ show instead last time, and it's a really cool venue, provided your seats are good.
I am God when it goes to hell
When it turns out good I'm not to blame

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #205 on: March 07, 2010, 07:03:46 AM »
I disapprove of the tour as well,  but seriously, DT sells 1500 tickets here in D/FW.  Maiden will sell 13k+.  

If you're wanting to go and see DT and leave, you're going to be severely disappointed.  There's no way they play more than 60 minutes, and you're gonna pay out the ass for the ticket.  

60 minutes?! then the grandpa's hit the stage? I'm not staying a moment of these flashy pretentious aging cunts set.
I understand now that this is a wise move for DT's career and I'm happy for them and I hope they turn more fans on and the band gets bigger and bigger, maybe oneday they'll be big enough to have a fanbase worthy of a Dream Theater tour, til then I'll keep my head down and my hopes up.
Hope everyone here who's going to these shows has fun there, sorry for being a party pooper earlier.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #206 on: March 07, 2010, 07:05:26 AM »

flashy pretentious aging cunts

wut
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #207 on: March 07, 2010, 07:06:48 AM »
Metty, seriously, cut that shit out. There's absolutely no need for that kind of language.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #208 on: March 07, 2010, 07:07:37 AM »
Metty, don't take personal offense to this, but...

You've been acting like an asshole lately.

You can voice your opinion without calling one of the most respected bands in history "flashy pretentious aging cunts."
Especially considering that I've heard similar remarks about Dream Theater from non-fans.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #209 on: March 07, 2010, 07:35:13 AM »
Yes I have been, sorry guys.
I hope you understand my frustration and where I'm coming from but it's no excuse to get vulgar.