Author Topic: Iron Maiden & Dream Theater - NA Tour (Spoilers in Concert Section Please!)  (Read 83834 times)

Offline RandalGraves

Re: Iron Maiden & Dream Theater - North American Summer Tour!!
« Reply #140 on: March 05, 2010, 09:28:25 AM »
I don't suppose there's anyone from Florida willing to make a road trip?  I'm seriously considering.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #141 on: March 05, 2010, 09:42:05 AM »
For the record, since no one has specifically called this yet to my knowledge, I'm predicting a Nicko/Portnoy drum duel at the MSG show.
Mike would kick Nicko's ass. I don't know if that would be a good or a bad thing.  :biggrin:

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #142 on: March 05, 2010, 10:03:40 AM »
Here's the thing. I have the money to buy me a plane ticket. I've never been to NYC and I will kill to go there. Dream Theater is my favourite band of all time. Iron Maiden's concert has been the best concert I've ever attended. Is it possible for me to buy a ticket?

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2010, 10:05:39 AM »
Is it possible? Why would it not be?
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2010, 10:07:59 AM »
Here's the thing. I have the money to buy me a plane ticket. I've never been to NYC and I will kill to go there. Dream Theater is my favourite band of all time. Iron Maiden's concert has been the best concert I've ever attended. Is it possible for me to buy a ticket?
Everything is for sale in New York.  Of course it's possible.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #145 on: March 05, 2010, 10:13:06 AM »
What I mean is that most likely the tickets will begin to be sold while I'm in Colombia. Can I buy the tickets while I'm here?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #146 on: March 05, 2010, 10:16:10 AM »
What I mean is that most likely the tickets will begin to be sold while I'm in Colombia. Can I buy the tickets while I'm here?
You can buy tickets from anywhere.  Better start building that cocaine empire, though, if you actually want good seats.  Floor seats in NYC will probably cost a kidney plus a small fortune.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline RandalGraves

« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2010, 10:25:33 AM »
You can buy tickets from anywhere.  Better start building that cocaine empire, though, if you actually want good seats.  Floor seats in NYC will probably cost a kidney plus a small fortune.

Oh way to stereotype buddy.  Just because he's Colombian he's head of a cocaine empire, right?

C'mon, odds are he's working under the leader of a drug cartel.  My advice would be to sell some of that sweet white powder on the side my friend, your boss will never notice.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2010, 10:27:36 AM »
:heart DTF.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2010, 10:28:29 AM »
And when I said I had the money for the plane ticket, I meant: "I have my own jet plane."

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #150 on: March 05, 2010, 11:00:50 AM »
Does anyone have any idea how much the tickets are going to cost?

Also, if I join the fanclub to get early ticket access do I also have to be the one who pays for the tickets? Or does it give me a code or something I can give a friend who is paying for the tickets?

https://www.ticketmaster.com/paperless

Thanks, but that's not what I was asking. If I join the fanclub for the presale tickets how does it work? Do I have the buy the one who buys the tickets or does it give me a code that I can give to my friend who is likely buying the tickets?
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #151 on: March 05, 2010, 11:43:19 AM »
You can do whatever you want with the code; they're not exclusive to members.  A couple of years ago, I just started making guesses for the presale code.  Eddie was my second guess and was the winner. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #152 on: March 05, 2010, 11:56:53 AM »
Okay, thanks!
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #153 on: March 05, 2010, 12:01:58 PM »
This is from the Iron Maiden site:
All fanclub members will be sent an individual pre-sale code, which you enter into the Ticketmaster site to buy your tickets.

Doesn't that seem like it is going to be a unique code and not a universal code? Then again, there are around 60,000 members, that seems like a lot of work.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline reneranucci

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #154 on: March 05, 2010, 12:09:00 PM »
Possible, yes, and if you don´t want to feel bad about spending all that money, I did the same. I was in Colombia for the summer, and bought a ticket to Boston just to see DT live. I don´t regret it, as long as it was a once in a lifetime opportunity for me.

DT come to El Salvador!!!!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #155 on: March 05, 2010, 12:20:30 PM »
This is from the Iron Maiden site:
All fanclub members will be sent an individual pre-sale code, which you enter into the Ticketmaster site to buy your tickets.

Doesn't that seem like it is going to be a unique code and not a universal code? Then again, there are around 60,000 members, that seems like a lot of work.
Wow.  That does sound like a unique code.  It wouldn't be that difficult to do if it's an algorithm, like serial keys. It'd certainly be a lot more secure than "eddie."

Doesn't matter to me since I can't afford the damn things, anyway. 
E.F. Benson

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #156 on: March 05, 2010, 12:52:13 PM »
Um....Im not crazy....there was a July 6th Date in Ottawa...and now.....
*poof*

:(
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #157 on: March 05, 2010, 01:05:46 PM »
No philly show disappoints me  :-[

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #158 on: March 05, 2010, 01:36:36 PM »
For the record, since no one has specifically called this yet to my knowledge, I'm predicting a Nicko/Portnoy drum duel at the MSG show.

Given Maiden's usual stage setup though, I have a hard time seeing them leaving MP's kit standing around.

BTW, out of mere intellectual interest, what does everybody expect the tickets to go for? What do IM tickets usually go for?

rumborak

In 2008, for the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, nosebleeds went for about $45, and floor tickets ere $75-80, if I remember correctly.
My near-noesbleed (bottom half of upper deck) were $60 on the SBiT tour.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #159 on: March 05, 2010, 01:51:07 PM »
Coheed and Cambria are rumored to also play, which I would not like to happen.

EDIT: Sorry for double post

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #160 on: March 05, 2010, 01:57:19 PM »
I really wonder how long DT will play. As much as I'd love to see 90 minutes, I think that's just ridiculous for an opening band.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #161 on: March 05, 2010, 01:59:13 PM »
If there's a third band on the bill, they'll probably get 60.  If not, I could see them getting 60-90.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #162 on: March 05, 2010, 02:00:12 PM »
Seriously, I hope like hell there's not a third band. This is fucking perfect as it is.

How long would Maiden get? 2 hours?
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #163 on: March 05, 2010, 02:06:37 PM »
Third band or not, DT won't see a 61st minute.  Maiden seems to play 120 regardless. 
E.F. Benson

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #164 on: March 05, 2010, 02:07:17 PM »
4 TICKET LIMIT!?!?!  :omg: :omg: :omg:

So much for the reunion of the 8-man gang I brought to DT over the summer  :-\

Offline Flacracker

« Reply #165 on: March 05, 2010, 02:09:02 PM »
Seriously, I hope like hell there's not a third band. This is fucking perfect as it is.

How long would Maiden get? 2 hours?

Dream Theater should play longer than Iron Maiden. They are cooler.

But why no Florida shows?

I thought that the next tour would be an evening with tour as well? Or at least that's what some forum post said. I want DT to headline :-[

Offline 2Timer

• The only DT fan who plays country music!
  • Don't turn your back on parrot eyes
« Reply #166 on: March 05, 2010, 02:30:32 PM »
I'd like to see it turn into a co-headlined event, but I doubt it will happen. I hope Maiden lets DT play as long as they want.
And yeah, definitely no third band. I'm more pscyhed about this than I was when they were with Fates Warning and QR.
I am God when it goes to hell
When it turns out good I'm not to blame

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #167 on: March 05, 2010, 03:00:55 PM »
4 TICKET LIMIT!?!?!  :omg: :omg: :omg:

So much for the reunion of the 8-man gang I brought to DT over the summer  :-\
Where'd you see that?  LN has no specifics about tickets, and TM only has a few dates, and doesn't mention limits.  I thought that had become pretty standard, though.
E.F. Benson

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #168 on: March 05, 2010, 03:14:40 PM »
I think the presale has a 4 ticket limit, to make it fair.

Man, I'm seriously debating joining the fanclub just for the presale. I mean, I really want a seat in the middle section in one of the first 10 rows at the Cleveland show. Do you think those seats will still be left after the presale?

And if it somehow turns out to be a simple universal password, I will be mad I didn't just wait it out and scour the internet (as unethical as that may be)
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline 2Timer

« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2010, 04:10:41 PM »
I just joined the fan club for the same reason. Hopefully I'll be able to get into the presale; my girlfriend just told me that she joined the Toby Keith fan club for the same reason years ago, and after she did, she learned that there was a waiting period before you could do the presales because they didn't want people just joining for the presales. I didn't see anything like that on Maiden's site, but you never know...

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2010, 04:12:21 PM »
I just joined the fan club for the same reason. Hopefully I'll be able to get into the presale; my girlfriend just told me that she joined the Toby Keith fan club for the same reason years ago, and after she did, she learned that there was a waiting period before you could do the presales because they didn't want people just joining for the presales. I didn't see anything like that on Maiden's site, but you never know...
No I remember reading something that said that you could join during the presale and still be eligible. How much did it cost?

Offline 2Timer

« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2010, 04:15:32 PM »
Good to know! The price was 10 pounds, which came to like $15.50 for the online only version. There's a 'paper' membership that's like $30. You get more, but I don't know what you get. I just hope my girlfriend is able to log on at 10 am on that Wednesday.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #172 on: March 05, 2010, 04:17:14 PM »
Good to know! The price was 10 pounds, which came to like $15.50 for the online only version. There's a 'paper' membership that's like $30. You get more, but I don't know what you get. I just hope my girlfriend is able to log on at 10 am on that Wednesday.
THAT'S IT?!?! I might join to actually be in it, not just for the tickets if it's that cheap!

Offline 2Timer

« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2010, 04:28:25 PM »
Yeah, you should go check it out. Plus, they have a monthly drawing where you can win signed Maiden stuff.
www.ironmaiden.com

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2010, 07:12:45 PM »
THAT'S IT?!?! I might join to actually be in it, not just for the tickets if it's that cheap!

I just joined, but got the full package its 30 pounds which equates to about $50 US dollars for the year
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.