"Big DT news" - MP

Started by COB55, March 03, 2010, 02:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Master Of Sin

It's obvious MP is just announcing to us that he's making an official Dream Theater twitter for us all to follow.

LCArenas

I guess we won't get to sleep this night because of this. :-\

EDIT: Wait, we wont get to sleep just because of a Tweet that was deleted? WTF?

Scurvy!Dreams

I bet Charlie and Derek have rejoined the band. Just you wait and see.

Shadow2222

I have other school related stuff to be doing, but I can't stop hitting F5 on this thread, Mike's twitter, and the MP forum!

blackngold29

Quote from: Dark Master Of Sin on March 03, 2010, 07:23:32 PM
It's obvious MP is just announcing to us that he's making an official Dream Theater twitter for us all to follow.
lol. I was just thinking we should have a DT fan twitter account to tweet out all news, even if it's just retweets from official stuff. There are a few, but they all suck and are never updated.

Tie-in to DTF perhaps? I'll start it up if there's interest, we could get a few people to watch for stuff and take care of it.

Dark Master Of Sin

I would finally have a decent reason to make a twitter :o

emindead

BIG NEWS: Coheed & Cambria co-heading with DT.

That's the BIG news? BIG news is (would be) another concept album. BIG news is (would be) JM writing all the lyrics for the next album. BIG news is (would be) that any member quits the band.

THE BIGGEST NEWS is that KEVIN MOORE WILL FINALLY PLAY "SPACE DYE-VEST" WITH DT.

LIVE FROM NEW YORK IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT!

brakkum

I am so Lost.

Maybe MP i making a guest appearance on Lost.

antigoon

To be fair, I think touring plans of any sort count as big news, given the previous news that DT would not have a 2010 NA and Europe tour.

blackngold29

Somehow I don't get the feeling that MP would tweet out something like that if they were losing a member, because that would essentially mean the end of the band.

SystematicThought

I am nervous for some reason

brakkum

Quote from: blackngold29 on March 03, 2010, 07:52:51 PM
Somehow I don't get the feeling that MP would tweet out something like that if they were losing a member, because that would essentially mean the end of the band.

Who said anything about losing a member?

Adami

Quote from: brakkum on March 03, 2010, 07:57:02 PM

[/quote

I did. As a joke.
www. fanticide.bandcamp . com

reneranucci

emindead

brakkum

ah, i suppose i didn't take that seriously, considering it was a joke.

reneranucci

The big news is that after all these years they will remove the purple background of the forum.

antigoon

Quote from: reneranucci on March 03, 2010, 08:00:25 PM
The big news is that after all these years they will remove the purple background of the forum.

:lol

Shadow2222

Quote from: reneranucci on March 03, 2010, 07:59:05 PM

Kevin Moore

blackngold29

MP is probably in front of his computer right now with tabs open to various DT fan sites throughout the world and laughing.

robwebster

laughing and wanking.

nah seriously though, pretty pumped. seems like this is gonna be an interesting year to be a DT fan.

Adami

Quote from: robwebster on March 03, 2010, 08:05:20 PM
laughing and wanking.

nah seriously though, pretty pumped. seems like this is gonna be an interesting year to be a DT fan.

Why? As far as I know, they're doing next to nothing as a band.
www. fanticide.bandcamp . com

Setlist Scotty

Just for the record, I'm absolutely positive that MP's twitter account was not hacked, nor did someone else posted that blurb. I say that because he and I have been e-mailing each other and at the end of one e-mail (from 2/28), he added

QuotePS - there may be BIG news coming next week in DT land........    : )

Why MP.com is currently shutdown and why the twitter post was pulled is beyond me. But for the record, I haven't a clue as to what this surprise is supposed to be.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on November 13, 2015, 07:37:14 PMAs a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.
Quote from: TAC on July 10, 2024, 08:26:41 AMPOW is awesome! :P

brakkum

Glad to have those things cleared up, thanks Scotty!

chrisbDTM

the twitter post was pulled? doesnt he know by now that this is what happens when he says stuff like this? haha

i remember last august when he said there was gonna be a surprise at the NY stop of prog nation, and people were freaking out and he had to tell people to chill

ZBomber

Quote from: Setlist Scotty on March 03, 2010, 08:10:07 PM
Just for the record, I'm absolutely positive that MP's twitter account was not hacked, nor did someone else posted that blurb. I say that because he and I have been e-mailing each other and at the end of one e-mail (from 2/28), he added

QuotePS - there may be BIG news coming next week in DT land........    : )

Why MP.com is currently shutdown and why the twitter post was pulled is beyond me. But for the record, I haven't a clue as to what this surprise is supposed to be.

You mean.... Scotty doesn't know? :neverusethis:

Nick

Progmetty

I didn't know Scotty was conected to DT, I thought Blob was our only link!
Where's the aussie?!

blackngold29

Quote from: chrisbDTM on March 03, 2010, 08:15:38 PM
the twitter post was pulled? doesnt he know by now that this is what happens when he says stuff like this? haha
Very true, the delete button is a lie.

Shutting the forum down is either a great plot to build suspense... or a coincidence.

emindead

Quote from: ZBomber on March 03, 2010, 08:15:55 PM

QuotePS - there may be BIG news coming next week in DT land........    : )

SO DON'T TELL SCOTTY!!!

robwebster

Quote from: Adami on March 03, 2010, 08:09:42 PM
Quote from: robwebster on March 03, 2010, 08:05:20 PM
laughing and wanking.

Why? As far as I know, they're doing next to nothing as a band.
well, so far we've already had a new single

and apparently big news is on the horizon.

come on, MP's a workaholic. like he's just going to sit back and go "hey, we're taking a year off, just sit there and twiddle your fingers." sure, we're not going to get any more new material, or a live album, but i'm certain we're going to get something different. plus, this is the solo project year - JLB and JP are both working on new material, and i'd be staggered if Rudess didn't take the opportunity to write some neat new stuff. which, summed up, makes it even less predictable than a new studio album. lately they've been going "ALBUM, TOUR, LIVE ALBUM, PAUSE, ALBUM, TOUR, LIVE ALBUM, PAUSE." this is a bit different. which is interesting. vive la differance.

ZBomber

Quote from: emindead on March 03, 2010, 08:24:46 PM
Quote from: ZBomber on March 03, 2010, 08:15:55 PM

QuotePS - there may be BIG news coming next week in DT land........    : )

SO DON'T TELL SCOTTY!!!

o/

emindead

Setlist Scotty

Quote from: metty on March 03, 2010, 08:20:07 PM
I didn't know Scotty was conected to DT, I thought Blob was our only link!
Where's the aussie?!

Ha! I've been connected to DT LOOOOOOOONNNNNG before Blob even heard of DT! Actually, I've known MP personally for 12 years now and over the years I've gotten to know the rest of the guys better too.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on November 13, 2015, 07:37:14 PMAs a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.
Quote from: TAC on July 10, 2024, 08:26:41 AMPOW is awesome! :P

glaurung

What is your connection to the band, Scotty? I always knew you had one but I never bothered to ask until now.

brakkum

I may pass away in my sleep tonight due to lack of information inflow.