Author Topic: A sneak peak into Portnoy's ipod  (Read 7692 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: A sneak peak into Portnoy's ipod
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2010, 04:12:20 PM »
I was cool with Sweet Dreams, great song, but Far Far From Home is what floored me.  Great song, album, band.  First band I ever saw live.  Got in trouble for wearing the shirt to school the next day.
Elaborate?  ;D
Only because it was sleeveless.  Way before your time, but older people here might remember the original checkered Fastway shirts.
Aaaaawwww, I was hoping to hear about some insane chase to catch you because you were wearing an explicitly violent shirt that was offensive to a lot of people.  :-[

EDIT: My friend has gotten his Cannibal Corpse shirt (inb4 why would you wear a CC shirt?) taken away... and never given back.
Nah, that was this one.

Oddly enough, it was the back that caused the trouble, and not Father BC Rich on the front.

Other winners were a Venom shirt with a nekkid chick being sacrificed by goat people, and the Metal up your Ass and Fuck Like a Beast shirts.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2010, 04:19:08 PM »
I was cool with Sweet Dreams, great song, but Far Far From Home is what floored me.  Great song, album, band.  First band I ever saw live.  Got in trouble for wearing the shirt to school the next day.
Elaborate?  ;D
Only because it was sleeveless.  Way before your time, but older people here might remember the original checkered Fastway shirts.
Aaaaawwww, I was hoping to hear about some insane chase to catch you because you were wearing an explicitly violent shirt that was offensive to a lot of people.  :-[

EDIT: My friend has gotten his Cannibal Corpse shirt (inb4 why would you wear a CC shirt?) taken away... and never given back.
Nah, that was this one.

Oddly enough, it was the back that caused the trouble, and not Father BC Rich on the front.

Other winners were a Venom shirt with a nekkid chick being sacrificed by goat people, and the Metal up your Ass and Fuck Like a Beast shirts.
:2metal:

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2010, 06:00:11 AM »
I was cool with Sweet Dreams, great song, but Far Far From Home is what floored me.  Great song, album, band.  First band I ever saw live.  Got in trouble for wearing the shirt to school the next day.
Elaborate?  ;D
Only because it was sleeveless.  Way before your time, but older people here might remember the original checkered Fastway shirts.
I certainly remember that. I was actually quite disappointed in that album. After hearing Say What You Will, which was great, I was expecting a more rockin' album. It's almost boogie-ish. But Far Far From Home was THE standout track. I also loved Heft.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2010, 08:07:00 AM »
I thought the whole album was good, it was the next one that left me disappointed. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson