Author Topic: New Noise/Electronic song by sonatafanica (streaming link)  (Read 2224 times)

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
New Noise/Electronic song by sonatafanica (streaming link)
« on: March 01, 2010, 01:41:36 PM »
Brand new one, good quality. Stereo mixed, so listen accordingly.

https://www.mediafire.com/?cmnylnw1o0j
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 08:43:25 PM by sonatafanica »

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
Re: New Noise/Electronic song by sonatafanica (streaming link)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 07:16:19 PM »
I found it very relaxing, nice  :tup

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 07:18:35 PM »
Interesting. I liked the minimalist style of it, though I felt it got a little repetitive, mainly because the electronic noise stuff was a major cocktease; I kept expecting more than what was there. So definitely try to build on the noise side of things, but still a good start. I really should work on more ambient stuff. I experimented around with it last year, but never really built on the stuff I made.

And thanks. I now have ambient blue balls.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 07:22:23 PM »

Even with me laughing crazily into those effects?  :lol

Thanks! I actually got those sounds you hear throughout it by calling one cell phone with another cell phone and holding them up to each other and drawing them away, then doing a lot of editing to take out stuff that was too loud, and to spice it up some. The parts you hear with my voice were recorded by talking into one of the phones, then quickly facing them toward one another in front of the microphone so it would bounce back and forth.

Interesting. I liked the minimalist style of it, though I felt it got a little repetitive, mainly because the electronic noise stuff was a major cocktease; I kept expecting more than what was there. So definitely try to build on the noise side of things, but still a good start. I really should work on more ambient stuff. I experimented around with it last year, but never really built on the stuff I made.

And thanks. I now have ambient blue balls.

I would have done a lot more if I had more equipment and software. Trust me, I didn't expect to see positive opinions about this.  :lol

Offline Portrucci

• Fission Mailed
  • You're just another hero riding through the night
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 07:25:25 PM »

Thanks! I actually got those sounds you hear throughout it by calling one cell phone with another cell phone and holding them up to each other and drawing them away, then doing a lot of editing to take out stuff that was too loud, and to spice it up some. The parts you hear with my voice were recorded by talking into one of the phones, then quickly facing them toward one another in front of the microphone so it would bounce back and forth.
Wow that's cool. It sounded good in the song. As a whole I liked it. Do more please  :coolio
on par with the anguish one would have from getting unconsensually bent over and buttloved.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 07:26:25 PM »
You can actually get some pretty interesting sounds just by filtering/using effects on white noise in Audacity (If you've ever heard Amphead by Bass Communion, the entire song is just filtered noise from an open pickup on a guitar). There's also free sound libraries online, and you'd be surprised at what you can get just by taking a random sound, slowing it way down or up, and going from there.

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 07:29:10 PM »

Even with me laughing crazily into those effects?  :lol

Wow that's cool. It sounded good in the song. As a whole I liked it. Do more please  :coolio

Thank you!

You can actually get some pretty interesting sounds just by filtering/using effects on white noise in Audacity (If you've ever heard Amphead by Bass Communion, the entire song is just filtered noise from an open pickup on a guitar). There's also free sound libraries online, and you'd be surprised at what you can get just by taking a random sound, slowing it way down or up, and going from there.

I think if I had a decent microphone and software I would spend all day with my laptop in my bag just walking around and recording interesting sounds  :lol

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 07:50:04 PM »

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 11:30:00 PM »
It would not take much.wav - 22.71MB

I just decided to make a demo for something I've been arranging. The final version will be much slower. I added a few weird things in there.

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 08:43:02 PM »
New one in OP.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 10:22:29 PM »
It would not take much.wav - 22.71MB

I just decided to make a demo for something I've been arranging. The final version will be much slower. I added a few weird things in there.

404'd

New one in OP.

I really like it! I love the little guitar(?) thing that led into the first sample, it should be a little louder.

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 10:30:40 PM »
I've really been working on my mixing and level work. Making that was really fun, though it took a long time. The samples are very layered, like the car driving and honking was layered with another of ambient street noise. And the spoken part with the old voice was from an old interview, and the music in the background was from an old recording of "Battle Hymn of the Republic". It was all really exciting.