Author Topic: The Fury Abstract - (Add it now on facebook too!)  (Read 10976 times)

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
Re: THE FURY ABSTRACT (ASYLUM EP THREAD)
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2010, 04:40:56 PM »
Very cool!  :metal

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2010, 06:25:23 PM »
Is it okay to reuse a few of my old (musical) ideas and riffs from Killing Lions on Asylum because they're totally different styles?  :\

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2010, 09:38:05 PM »
Is it okay to reuse a few of my old (musical) ideas and riffs from Killing Lions on Asylum because they're totally different styles?  :\
I see no issue with this.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2010, 01:03:57 AM »
downloading right now...looking forward to hearing it austin

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2010, 12:04:44 PM »
listening right now, and this is excellent stuff

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2010, 07:01:24 PM »
thanks dudes  :metal

also, possible back cover?

the times for tracks 3 to 7 are tentative btw. Just what I'm guessing they might be like

ALSO
yeah the pattern in track titles is on purpose. I think it's rather cool actually

EDIT: okay which to you guys looks better, that one, or this one?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 07:13:23 PM by austin »

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2010, 11:14:00 PM »
I think I prefer the second one :) though it seems more like a front cover, and the first version may work better in regards to the current cover art.

I don't see a problem, might be cool :laugh: I can't give timestamps or anything, but I think I have heard a few things from the Skyline EP in the Asylum tracks. Could be mistaken, though.

Either way, can't wait for more Asylum :smiley: the title track looks like it's gonna be a beast.

Offline shadowfex

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2010, 11:31:41 PM »
Really great music man, avenetia red is superb and the astonomer is great as well. Really looking forward to more stuff!!
"Once he had forests and mountains that were only his - listening to him. Once he would run through the summer days catching memories for ages to come. Now he is dressing this naked floor with his flesh and blood, and time passes by. His trade of pain might just have lead him to deal with consequence for some change as time passes by"

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2010, 10:04:07 AM »
Thanks for the input/feedback guys! I really appreciate it  :metal

the title track looks like it's gonna be a beast.
Yeahhhhh mannn it's actually gonna share a lot of musical ideas with Avenetia Red, but then add on to it. The same thing goes with The Anthem echoing The Astronomer :)

Okay I actually have a bit of a dillema. When I was working on those back covers I discovered that if I just had the album title it looks effing sweet. Good enough to be the frontcover, so what should I do? I think it looks damn sweet and simple.

could I take the current front cover and make it a back cover? I really like the current cover. I don't know. Maybe I should just do like a booklet of track art or whatever or something. I don't know

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2010, 07:08:21 PM »
While that does look cool, I think I prefer the current cover art.

Maybe I should just do like a booklet of track art or whatever or something

That would be sweet.

btw because of me you have at least three female fans now, you're welcome :tup

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2010, 09:33:13 PM »
Dude, this is totally sweet. Very glad I decided to check it out.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline shadowfex

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2010, 01:13:25 AM »
I've actually had to stop listening to the astronomer and avenetia red so that I don't wear them out before the album comes out!
"Once he had forests and mountains that were only his - listening to him. Once he would run through the summer days catching memories for ages to come. Now he is dressing this naked floor with his flesh and blood, and time passes by. His trade of pain might just have lead him to deal with consequence for some change as time passes by"

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2010, 02:32:31 PM »
:)

also

I've just remastered (in my mind, fixed) both finished tracks so now the EQ isn't abnormal (I'd listen to The Astronomer on shuffle and it sounds funny after normal music :P Like there's no midrange. anyway, I also fixed the compression on Avenetia, matching it to The Astronomer so all the songs sound awesome and the same quality-wise :)
Also, I just added in the segue between Avenetia and The Assassin to the end of Avenetia, and the final mixed versions of Astro and Red will be up tonight probably.  (the segue between avenetia and song 3 is a short little minor key march-esque thing, it's pretty cool  :coolio )
peace  :metal

EDIT Okay Turns out new tracks won't be up till tomorrow but  :metal rock on guys

EDIT 2: Okay I put together a little lofi demo mp3 of avenetia's new ending and the beginning of the new song (with a short moment of silence in between so you know where the split is). the stuff in the new song (guitars and bass parts) are just scratch tracks. I'll rerecord/refine/add to them soon https://www.fileden.com/files/2009/5/23/2453421//Transition.mp3
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 08:35:48 PM by austin »

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2010, 06:28:03 PM »
I've actually had to stop listening to the astronomer and avenetia red so that I don't wear them out before the album comes out!

Listen to Skyline and Killing Lions then ;) it's all great.

Can't wait for new stuff!

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2010, 11:10:04 PM »
Any updates? :'( Apophenia came up on shuffle today and I got the urge for moar Asylum.

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2010, 10:06:34 AM »
Any updates? :'( Apophenia came up on shuffle today and I got the urge for moar Asylum.
Yessir! I've been doing large chunks of all the rest of the songs, and a full one should be done soon. Smaller updates will likely be found on my (mostly music based) blog, austinbillings.tumblr.com

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2010, 02:31:16 PM »
Haha as soon as I heard them come in, I thought "DKFH!" But this sounds awesome, especially for... a First Act with a RP90??! :o

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2010, 11:12:14 PM »
Bookmarked your blog, bro :tup

AND AHHRAGAGH I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO APOPHENIA

Offline icanplaydrums

• Hayden Panettiere Enthusiast
  • DTF.org Member
  • bleeps and bloops
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2010, 11:51:45 AM »
Post-Rock and other such music can be sort of hit-or-miss with me. Generally, there are some cool parts I love, but most of it is boring/uninteresting to listen to.

However, I think you've got some truly special stuff here. It's almost doubly astounding to find out that you did so much of it on the computer and with FIRST ACT guitars....!

I am very much looking forward to future stuff from you. Good luck with the rest of it! Downloading your albums now.  :tup

P.S. Avenetia Red is ridiculously awesome

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2010, 01:36:39 PM »
thanks guys
The intro monologue (barely audible) of Apophenia is me reading this from wikipedia "Twenty-three is the ninth prime number, the smallest odd prime which is not a twin prime. Twenty-three is also the fifth factorial prime, the second Woodall prime. It is an Eisenstein prime with no imaginary part and real part of the form 3n  − 1." then I add in "This City Dies Tonight."
That last part was from the name of that first section of Apophenia, you see, Apophenia was originally titled "23" and was made up of 4 sections:
I. This City Dies Tonight (that intro section)
II. Shattered Glass (starting at that electric piano part)
III. There's a Bomb Eight Floors Up (from the end of Shattered Glass, the fast phase guitars)
IV. Freefall (Symphonic Part)
the whole thing ties in with what I wanted skyline to originally be, like a instrumental concept album (paradox am I right :neverusethis:) about Apocalypse; there's the prelude, Motion (the beforehand), Apophenia (the beginning of the end), and Skyline (the end itself, (and via the hidden track at the end, "Distortion", the aftermath)).
Apophenia is actually the condition where you see patterns and trends where there aren't any, which kindof ties in with the idea of 23, which also then ties in with the whole enigma/conspiracy stuff, which could be taken further to connect with the "This City Dies Tonight" and the whole apocalypse thing. I really try to nugget-ify my music (it seems like alot of us here on DTF have apophenia :neverusethis:

FUNFACT The hidden track of skyline "Distortion" (right after I say "...skyline...") is actually the recorded sound of me cutting off the excess metal of when I put new strings on my guitar during the recording of Skyline OMG

Offline kirbywelch92

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2010, 03:00:35 PM »
Dude, I am insanely jealous. We are the exact same age and I could never write anything of this quality. Do us all a favor, don't ever stop playing ever.

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2010, 09:08:46 PM »
thankee ;)

hey guys I just uploaded a demo of the first day's progress on The Asylum (codename Saggitarius) over on the tumblr - https://austinbillings.tumblr.com/

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2010, 06:47:43 PM »
I can't wait for more :(

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2010, 09:44:32 PM »
Just listened to the demo... great stuff. I'm getting blue balls. POST MOAR!

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2010, 02:00:58 PM »
awesome newer demo of new track https://austinbillings.tumblr.com/post/501335809/mix-3-of-the-asylum-april-6-2010 includes drum parts of unfinished section

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
Re: The GAWDERN Fury Abstract Thread! If austin posts you know it's good.
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2010, 03:10:53 PM »
also everyone the finished remastered full album of Killing Lions is up on the bandcamp page (link in my siggy (and generally in anything I post  :lol )) and the full finished remastered skyline will be uploaded soon. Asylum work is still being done as well as on 1 to 2 other projects.

In OTHERNEWS, I got accepted to the University of the Arts in Philadelphia to major in Music Composition! I will make music the rest of my life! yay. Also because they like my music so much they gave me the $48K 4-year Presidential Scholarship. Yayahhh  :metal

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2010, 03:32:26 PM »
Man, that's awesome! I look forward to what the future brings you (and in turn, what music you bring us, as I love everything you've done ;))

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2010, 10:12:57 AM »
48K, nice! Didn't you say the whole tuition was like 52k? Thats prettry epic! Congrats!

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2010, 12:59:41 PM »
thanks guyss
48K, nice! Didn't you say the whole tuition was like 52k? Thats prettry epic! Congrats!
Ahaha yeah kinda, it's 52K a year but the 48K is over 4 years, so it's 12k out of the 52 a year :P

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2010, 09:56:57 PM »
thanks guyss
Ahaha yeah kinda, it's 52K a year but the 48K is over 4 years, so it's 12k out of the 52 a year :P

Still, not bad! I know my college cost each year is 14k, so that would almost be enough to pay a whole year of college for me. :p

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2010, 07:51:02 AM »
The transition at 7:15 in Avenetia Red is sooooo Genesis!  Then the Moog part after it is Tony Banks as.  Love it!

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2010, 11:07:06 AM »
The transition at 7:15 in Avenetia Red is sooooo Genesis!  Then the Moog part after it is Tony Banks as.  Love it!
G Minor to G Major, classic :neverusethis:

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2010, 12:40:03 AM »
Any possibility of giving us high/very high res album art?

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2010, 10:13:00 AM »
Like how big we talkin'? I can probably get out sizes of around 1600x1600 at smallest. Is that what you mean?

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2010, 06:28:28 PM »
Like how big we talkin'? I can probably get out sizes of around 1600x1600 at smallest. Is that what you mean?
I was thinking of a thousand, but whatever :biggrin: :corn