Author Topic: The Fury Abstract - (Add it now on facebook too!)  (Read 10977 times)

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
The Fury Abstract - (Add it now on facebook too!)
« on: February 28, 2010, 06:16:14 PM »
Hey guys! I made some music that I think is pretty good. I would love to have more exposure though,  :lol and hopefully someday (soon?) get a record deal or something. I dunno. Music is my life.
Anyway
This new album of mine is coming along nicely. I'll update here when there's new stuff :)
I would like to know what you guys think (don't be too tough  :laugh: ) and hopefully gain some new fans  :metal

Cover Art (I made it  :laugh: ):

TFA - Asylum EP
1. The Astronomer
2. Avenetia Red
3. *The Assassin
4. *Eclipse:Infinity
5. *The Anthem
6. *Eclipse:Zero
7. *The Asylum
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 03:37:24 PM by austin »

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
Re: THE FURY ABSTRACT (ASYLUM EP THREAD)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 07:45:45 PM »
All it took was one listen of Avenetia Red for me to be blown away :tup as I stated before, it's easily the best thing I've heard all year, and after listening to The Astronomer I was equally as stunned. You really need more exposure, this is some unbelievable stuff you've got.

While probably a bad comparison, as I can't place a single genre on this, y'know how a lot of post rock songs are usually a long buildup to an epic, inspiring climax? These songs are like that to me, except said epic, inspiring climax lasts the entirety of their lengths. It's just pure, crushing, beautiful musical ecstasy, without the touch of vocals to potentially ruin it.

I know I'm starting to sound ridiculous and pretentious here, like you paid me to write a review or somethin', but this is some really breathtaking stuff. :lol

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 09:39:12 PM »
NONE OF THE LINKS WORK FOR ME!!! :dangerwillrobinson:

Offline Portrucci

• Fission Mailed
  • You're just another hero riding through the night
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 09:45:51 PM »
x2  I want to listen  :'(
on par with the anguish one would have from getting unconsensually bent over and buttloved.

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 09:54:02 PM »
They're broken. Click the ones in his sig; they lead to the same place. :)

Offline Portrucci

• Fission Mailed
  • You're just another hero riding through the night
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 09:57:26 PM »
Good god. I'm not far in, but this is fantastic. Exactly the type of music I've been looking for! Is there any way to digitally buy your album?
on par with the anguish one would have from getting unconsensually bent over and buttloved.

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 09:59:59 PM »
There's a link to download the songs for free on the same page ;)

I already have all his stuff on there on my iTunes :lol both his Asylum songs are at the top of my Most Played playlist already (though, to be fair, I completely wiped most of my music a week or two ago and then put it back on)

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 10:05:30 PM »
 :tup :tup
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 10:08:41 PM »
Listening to the Astronomer now.

edit: pretty cool stuff. I'm not in love with it in the same way Arcaeus is, but I think that's just because I've been listening to classical/video game soundtracks/ambient/noise music lately, and really haven't been interested in prog-metaly type stuff.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 10:13:57 PM by Sigz »
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 10:13:01 PM »
I'm enjoying this. What sort of recording setup to you have? Gimme the deets, good man.

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 09:09:29 AM »
pretty cool stuff.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 03:36:15 PM »
Really good stuff mate :tup

Offline faemir

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 04:06:31 PM »
I've been listening to Avenetia Red on repeat since I posted last.

Um, wow. :hefdaddy

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 04:10:34 PM »
Wow, thanks everyone, I'm pleasantly surprised at how much everyone likes it! haha  :metal
x2  I want to listen  :'(
Fix'd in OP :)

Good god. I'm not far in, but this is fantastic. Exactly the type of music I've been looking for! Is there any way to digitally buy your album?
Until I get more official with my music (label or something) I'm confident I'll keep my all music free for everyone :)
There's a link to download the songs for free on the same page ;)

I already have all his stuff on there on my iTunes :lol both his Asylum songs are at the top of my Most Played playlist already (though, to be fair, I completely wiped most of my music a week or two ago and then put it back on)
:lol :)

:tup :tup
Listening to the Astronomer now.

edit: pretty cool stuff. I'm not in love with it in the same way Arcaeus is, but I think that's just because I've been listening to classical/video game soundtracks/ambient/noise music lately, and really haven't been interested in prog-metaly type stuff.
I'm enjoying this.
pretty cool stuff.
Really good stuff mate :tup
Thanks everyone!

What sort of recording setup to you have? Gimme the deets, good man.
I use Cubase 5 for arranging and I use tons of different softsynths for my key sounds- mostly TruePianos (diamond module) (for piano voices), Cubase Pologue & Monologue Synths & Z3TA+ synths for my solo sounds, Absynth 4 for my atmospherics
I (actually) play all my key parts myself on my Yamaha E313 ( :lol ) MIDI'd right into my computer through USB
For drums I sometimes Keyboard-drum it, but I mostly click and design using Cubase's midi editor (I have to click in each drum note!). The samples and everything come from the synth I use, EZDrummer's DRUMKIT FROM HELL (although some times with my softer music I use the standard kit)
and the part everyone wants to know, the GUITARS
I use a first act ME505 guitar (i don't know if walmart still has them but I got mine about 5 years back for under a hundred bucks). No modifications (unless you count the fact that I re-soldered the inside wires when they regularly become undone), but the trick is I record directly Line-in into my computer through my (amazing) Digitech RP90 guitar processor. I usually use my own custom presets
The bass (another walmart first-act number) is recorded direct in through it too, but I don't usually do any distortion or effects to it.
Physically the setup is a keyboard, my guitar and bass (the bass isn't actually mine, it's my 14 year old brother's... I have to ask nicely to use it, and even then I'm only allowed half the time) and a whole mess of cables and wires + my laptop in my room or my older brother's room (he's away at college)

Also I'm currently working on 3 new songs for Asylum  :tup

And since I'm kinda into astrology, I've codenamed all my songs after signs (until I figure out the legit titles)
Avenetia Red was Leo (that's me!)
The Astronomer was Taurus
and I'm currently working on
Scorpio, Aries, and Libra
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 04:27:41 PM by austin »

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 04:15:44 PM »
I've been listening to Avenetia Red on repeat since I posted last.

Um, wow. :hefdaddy

:lol :biggrin: thanks

I actually recorded the segue rain sounds between astronomer & avenetia outside a christmas party at my aunt's house. the reverse-reverb'd sound effects at the beginning of astronomer are basically me blowing into and tapping my microphone. The crowd sounds at the end are reversed sound effects of the crowd in the rotunda (basically the lobby) of my school one morning.

Also, I think you guys would REALLY dig the stuff on Skyline EP, just check out the link on the right for the album page.
Download away, my friends  :metal

Offline faemir

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 04:17:16 PM »
I'm downloading it all now.

I also just got 4 friends to listen, they love it, and are spreading it through their music friends too ;D

Remind me how old you are?

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 04:18:55 PM »
I'm downloading it all now.

I also just got 4 friends to listen, they love it, and are spreading it through their music friends too ;D

Remind me how old you are?

my friend I am 17.5 years of age
started guitar at 12
started keys at 15
started writing music at 15

I have an interview with the University of the Arts in Philadelphia on March 20th, I'm going for a Music Composition Major  :metal

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2010, 04:28:21 PM »
Yeah, Skyline and Killing Lions are both incredibly superb as well :) I especially like Apophenia (I think this one may be right up there with Astronomer and Aventia), Skyline, Atlantic and The Mirror Room. I'm pretty sure my girlfriend digs your music too :tup

Can't wait for more Asylum tracks... I think I may be more excited for those than Coheed and Kamelot this year! :lol

Offline faemir

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2010, 04:29:21 PM »
I am 17.5 years of age

:| :hefdaddy

Also, put your details up on the last.fm page, it's bare!

https://www.last.fm/music/The+Fury+Abstract if you are lazy.

And I renamed the Asylum EP as Asylum, is that ok? I wasn't sure if EP was actually in the name, I presumed it wasn't, and tags having EP and stuff on the end annoys me when its usually incorrect.

edit: also, bandcamp rock. Great sight for hosting small band projects from the looks of things, especially for the FLAC and OGG downloads!

Also, who does your graphics work? It's very impressive for demo stuff etc.

edit2: Also, can you offer some larger album arts?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 04:40:20 PM by faemir »

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 04:44:13 PM »
Yeah, Skyline and Killing Lions are both incredibly superb as well :) I especially like Apophenia (I think this one may be right up there with Astronomer and Aventia), Skyline, Atlantic and The Mirror Room. I'm pretty sure my girlfriend digs your music too :tup

Can't wait for more Asylum tracks... I think I may be more excited for those than Coheed and Kamelot this year! :lol
Thanks! Apophenia, Skyline, TMR, and Atlantic are all some of my favorites as well (although The End is my favorite from Killing Lions, it has emotional ties with me)
And haha wow thanks!

It's actually kindof a funny story, the day I recorded Atlantic & The End (started and finished both in the same day  :tup) I was recording in my bedroom till late, and I share the room with my younger brother, and he wanted to go to bed but I really wanted to finish the song that night, so I moved most of my studio to the living room and recorded the bass and guitar parts for "The End" in the dark with my mom sleeping a few feet away.

I am 17.5 years of age

:| :hefdaddy

Also, put your details up on the last.fm page, it's bare!

https://www.last.fm/music/The+Fury+Abstract if you are lazy.

And I renamed the Asylum EP as Asylum, is that ok? I wasn't sure if EP was actually in the name, I presumed it wasn't, and tags having EP and stuff on the end annoys me when its usually incorrect.

edit: also, bandcamp rock. Great sight for hosting small band projects from the looks of things, especially for the FLAC and OGG downloads!

Also, who does your graphics work? It's very impressive for demo stuff etc.

edit2: Also, can you offer some larger album arts?
lol thanks!
Also I had no idea there was a last.fm  page ;) I'll get on that
and yeah Asylum instead of Asylum EP is probably the best Idea, it will probably end up being around an hour anyway :P heh

and hell yeah, bandcamp is the SHIT

also, I do all my own graphics. :) In addition to being a music kid, I'm a digital artist as well
The Cover for Skyline comes from photos of the sky I took one time, the cover of Killing Lions comes from a photo I took of trees behind my dad's house, and the Asylum cover comes from a photo I took of the walls of the inner courtyard of the Alfred I. DuPont hospital for children (used to go there all the time), all heavily photoshopped by yours truly.

Offline faemir

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2010, 05:15:34 PM »
Okay I grabbed the cover arts from devart, also devwatched you :)

The Killing Lions pic was a lot larger than the other two though.

And when can we expect more on Asylum? ;D

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2010, 05:18:33 PM »
Okay I grabbed the cover arts from devart, also devwatched you :)

The Killing Lions pic was a lot larger than the other two though.

And when can we expect more on Asylum? ;D
haha thanks :)
yeah it was, it was just the way I photoshopped that one
and hmmm I'd say a new song in 1 - 3 weeks (it takes a while :-\)

Offline faemir

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2010, 05:22:25 PM »
a new song in 1 - 3 weeks

:sadpanda:

I'll just keep listening to this lot then, and I'll be sure to spread the word :)

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2010, 05:23:49 PM »
a new song in 1 - 3 weeks

:sadpanda:

I'll just keep listening to this lot then, and I'll be sure to spread the word :)
haha okay :)

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2010, 05:29:34 PM »
Ooh, that soon? Goddamn, I am pumped :metal You're quickly becoming one of my favorite artists.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2010, 05:30:45 PM »
Only able to listen to Aventia Red right now (I have a jazz test tomorrow, so I have to listen to that), but damn it sounds good man.  I don't want to suck your dick like Arcaeus does, but I am looking forward to this new song.

Offline faemir

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2010, 05:45:49 PM »
This is the part where we find out they are the same person double-accounting :lol

edit: also Austin, you haven't uploaded the details of the albums yet, that would be good too.

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2010, 06:10:30 PM »
This is the part where we find out they are the same person double-accounting :lol

edit: also Austin, you haven't uploaded the details of the albums yet, that would be good too.
on it now  :tup

UPDATE: okay so last.fm is being a dick about my uploads so I guess I'll try again another time. I am going to make a youtube account and put my tunes there too 'cause I think that's a good way to gain exposure and maybe make it seem more accessible to more of my friends.
ALSO: I'm going to be exploring more styles in the new music. I want to try more proggy stuff, while kinda keeping it relevant and down to earth (far away from planet portnoy). The song I'll finish next (codename aries) is very dynamic and rocking and melodic. The other main one I've gotten a lot done on, codename scorpio will be very... funk / rock / jam-ish, but still in a similar style to the others. Scorpio's main inspiration is James Bond and Ocean's 11/12/13 music haha

DOUBLEUPDATE:
aha! for anyone interested here are my alternate cover art versions for the 3 albums
Killing Lions: https://i45.tinypic.com/2vrx5co.jpg
Asylum: https://i49.tinypic.com/jqmjk3.jpg
Skyline: https://i47.tinypic.com/35kjuh1.jpg
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 07:31:14 PM by austin »

Offline Dark Master Of Sin

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2010, 07:33:59 PM »
Already told you I loved your work austin, figured I might as well say it again!  :tup
gone

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2010, 07:51:26 PM »
Already told you I loved your work austin, figured I might as well say it again!  :tup

Thanks man  ;)

on The Astronomer, anyone catch "...the astronomer..." at 1:02? :neverusethis:

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2010, 07:53:38 PM »
No, and I'm still not catching it :|

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2010, 08:00:24 PM »
No, and I'm still not catching it :|
it's kinda whispered, more like 1:01 actually, kinda goes until 1:02, it's really quiet... maybe I only notice it because I put it there  :lol :lol

Offline faemir

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2010, 11:29:28 AM »
I can't hear it either D:

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2010, 03:26:46 PM »
Impressive stuff, man. Btw, what kind of laptop do you use, like in terms of specs? Surely it's gotta be a pretty good one to be able to run all that stuff.

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2010, 06:46:39 PM »
Impressive stuff, man. Btw, what kind of laptop do you use, like in terms of specs? Surely it's gotta be a pretty good one to be able to run all that stuff.
thanks dude!
It's a gateway M-Series the M7315u or something like that
4 gigs of ram, dual core 2ghz processors, vista hp sp2 64 bit  :metal