Author Topic: The Official Alter Bridge Thread v. PAWNS & KINGS  (Read 256502 times)

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
Re: The Official Alter Bridge Thread (UPDATED WITH NEW ALBUM TITLE AND TRACKS)
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2010, 04:30:20 PM »
Creaming it.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2010, 04:34:36 PM »
I'm really liking the sound of these titles. Slip To The Void and Words Darker Than Their Wings sounds epic!  :metal

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2010, 04:39:40 PM »
Don't call my name, don't call my name...Accelerando.

Sorry. I just thought of that joke last night and I figured this would be an appropriate place for it.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2010, 04:41:16 PM »
 :rollin

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2010, 04:09:35 AM »
Those tracks sound pretty killer.  First day buyer right here!!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2010, 05:06:11 AM »
Hell yeah, I'm ready for more heavy and melodic epicness!
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2010, 05:08:08 AM »
Sounds good. I haven't listened to Alter Bridge in such a long time. I think I'll give One Day Remains a spin today :hat

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2010, 12:48:47 AM »
Speaking of which, MTV just did an article on ODR, calling it "one of the great underrated mainstream rock records of the past decade." There's a video of them playing an acoustic version of Open Your Eyes on the link below.

https://newsroom.mtv.com/2010/08/10/alter-bridge-one-day-remains/

Alter Bridge Have One Good Day: Wake-Up Video
Posted 18 hrs ago by Kyle Anderson in Wake-Up Video
Though their reunion hasn't been met with the sort of enthusiasm they were probably expecting, you cannot underestimate just how big Creed were at their peak. The combination of radio-friendly riffing and post-grunge brooding made songs like "My Own Prison," "With Arms Wide Open," "Higher" and "My Sacrifice" into ubiquitous rock hits. So when frontman Scott Stapp ducked out to pursue a solo career, he left behind a powerful rock trio who decided to continue on as Alter Bridge. They recruited singer Myles Kennedy and released their debut album One Day Remains on this day in 2004.

One Day Remains is one of the great underrated mainstream rock records of the past decade, full of the same sort of charging riffs as the Creed albums without Stapp's Jesus Christ pose posturing. Songs like "Find the Real" and "Metalingus" bring together charging riffs with huge choruses for an over-the-top but undeniable rock stew. Kennedy has one of the best voices in rock music, and he uses it to full effect all over One Day Remains. (His bluesy versatility earned him a spot as the singer on Slash's latest tour, which saw Kennedy shift from Guns N' Roses tunes to Velvet Revolver songs to Slash's latest solo tracks with ease.)

Though a handful of their songs crept into pop culture (WWE wrestler Edge uses "Metalingus" as his entrance music, and the band played "Open Your Eyes" at the 2005 Major League Baseball All-Star Game), they never truly enjoyed a massive hit. But the aforementioned "Open Your Eyes" is a truly spectacular rock song, full of angst, sadness and redemption folded into its shout-along chorus.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2010, 07:28:23 AM »
Speaking of which, MTV just did an article on ODR, calling it "one of the great underrated mainstream rock records of the past decade." There's a video of them playing an acoustic version of Open Your Eyes on the link below.

https://newsroom.mtv.com/2010/08/10/alter-bridge-one-day-remains/

Alter Bridge Have One Good Day: Wake-Up Video
Posted 18 hrs ago by Kyle Anderson in Wake-Up Video
Though their reunion hasn't been met with the sort of enthusiasm they were probably expecting, you cannot underestimate just how big Creed were at their peak. The combination of radio-friendly riffing and post-grunge brooding made songs like "My Own Prison," "With Arms Wide Open," "Higher" and "My Sacrifice" into ubiquitous rock hits. So when frontman Scott Stapp ducked out to pursue a solo career, he left behind a powerful rock trio who decided to continue on as Alter Bridge. They recruited singer Myles Kennedy and released their debut album One Day Remains on this day in 2004.

One Day Remains is one of the great underrated mainstream rock records of the past decade, full of the same sort of charging riffs as the Creed albums without Stapp's Jesus Christ pose posturing. Songs like "Find the Real" and "Metalingus" bring together charging riffs with huge choruses for an over-the-top but undeniable rock stew. Kennedy has one of the best voices in rock music, and he uses it to full effect all over One Day Remains. (His bluesy versatility earned him a spot as the singer on Slash's latest tour, which saw Kennedy shift from Guns N' Roses tunes to Velvet Revolver songs to Slash's latest solo tracks with ease.)

Though a handful of their songs crept into pop culture (WWE wrestler Edge uses "Metalingus" as his entrance music, and the band played "Open Your Eyes" at the 2005 Major League Baseball All-Star Game), they never truly enjoyed a massive hit. But the aforementioned "Open Your Eyes" is a truly spectacular rock song, full of angst, sadness and redemption folded into its shout-along chorus.

Can't help but wonder where MTV has been for the last 6 years.  Hopefully they have eyes on this new album when it comes out, it would be nice to see some sort of promotion, even if it is just a good review from MTV.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2010, 07:43:51 AM »
do fucking want new Alter Bridge :D
Photobucket sucks.

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2010, 07:46:35 AM »
I'm not the biggest fan of their first album, but I loved Blackbird. I'll be looking forward to this.
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2010, 01:37:30 PM »
Track 10) Fallout
Like The Mayfield Four first album title, as well as title track?

NUGGETZ MAN, FUCKING NUGGETZ!!!!!

Also this is incredibly relevant to my interests

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2010, 12:13:19 PM »
^^ lol

Speaking of Myles, Slash's new music video feat. Myles of vocals, "Back To Cali", was just released! Pretty good video that takes footage from their live performances on Slash's tour, but this is the best spliced video i've seen with this type of music video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKzFyYEsGf0

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2010, 07:01:33 PM »
I have come to the conclusion that Myles singing for Slash is the worst thing to happen to him since he started being a musician.  He looks like he's trying so hard to fit into this bullshit, cliche, I-breathe-rock-n-roll rockstar image that Slash has been raping his whole life.  That video was a cringe fest.  Myles should jump that ship and just stick to what he does best instead of trying to be Axl Rose IMO.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2010, 07:39:29 PM »
He still looks a hundred times better than any of the other guys in alter bridge look hanging out with that one-of-a-kind doofus and all around disappointing human being, Scott Stapp.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2010, 09:20:26 PM »
:lol tru dat

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2010, 07:54:27 PM »
Michael Tremonti is teasing the fans with this post he written on ABB.Net

I'm pretty damn excited for all of you to hear AB III. I think epic is the correct word. I think it is safe to say that from the second this album starts, you will be surprised. And I think that by the time the first song is over that surprise will turn into elation. The Alter Bridge sound is unmistakable, yet these guys have presented it in a fresh way on every song on this album. The album is a dark descent at times. Eerie at others. Heart-breaking yet beautiful in one particular song. It is a journey through almost madness that reaches for the light by the end. Well, almost the end. That final song is a stunner.

I can not overstate the fact that the sheer amount of music and incredible melodies packed within this 14 track album is immense. Without a doubt, the band took every single great idea that sprang from years of writing and created a work of art.

Some more nuggets of info...

1) Show Me A Sign is, quite possibly, even more epic than Words Darker Than Their Wings. Solos by both Mark and Myles. And it is very dark. Case in point... one of the lyrics is "To the dark, I am born." Incredible ending by Flip on the drums!

2) Myles lets his voice fly on Breathe Again, in stunning fashion. I'm not sure if the part in Breathe Again or the vocal gymnastics he does at the end of Words Darker Than Their Wings is more impressive.

3) The guitar line that Mark opens up Ghost Of Days Gone By with is pretty unique. I truly have not heard anything like it and Myles told Mark that it could be the best part he has ever written. What he is doing sounds pretty complex, yet beautiful and I can not wait to see him play it just so I can see how he does it. And I do not want my talking about the opening guitar to overshadow the song itself. It is an absolute monster!

4) Isolation will crush you like a bug. Without a doubt, this song is pure bone-crunching metal and aggressive in a way you have not seen before by Alter Bridge. Harder than White Knuckles.

5) In my opinion, all four band members shine on this album brighter than ever before. Again, this album was constructed to take the listener on a hell of a ride so be sure to listen to it all the way through when you get it in order to get the full effect.

AHHHHZOMGHAIHSFRUEGHFUEWGFEUFGFOUG!!!!!!!!!

EDIT:

Wanna hear an excerpt from Wonderful Life? Sure ya do :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-AXAd4AHRs

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2010, 09:37:39 PM »
:metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2010, 09:53:57 PM »
Well that seems pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to-
... one of the lyrics is "To the dark, I am born."
YOU KNOW WHAT? FUCK THE WELL-MANNERED POSTING.

:caffeine:
CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT CANNOTWAIT
:caffeine:

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2010, 10:06:50 PM »
To the dark I am born? Shouldn't it be darkness? Or dark side? Or dark tall and handseome?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2010, 12:58:09 PM »
I just found this monster video of the band playing "Find The Real" on Leno back in 2004. This is such a great performance, and Tremonti is a monster on that gee-tar

https://marktremonti.net/video.php?vid=32

Offline Basekick

« Reply #126 on: August 20, 2010, 01:01:35 AM »
I just found this monster video of the band playing "Find The Real" on Leno back in 2004. This is such a great performance, and Tremonti is a monster on that gee-tar

Daaaaaaammmm.  That high note Myles hits at the end there is absolutely monster.   :metal :metal :metal  I'll admit, I was disappointed he didn't go after it when I saw them live a couple years ago, but he nailed it here.  Awesome.
"10,000 hours of practice - not talent - creates virtuosos."

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded."  - Jimi Hendrix

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #127 on: August 20, 2010, 01:06:08 AM »
Teehee, his voice cracked.

Good stuff though.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2010, 04:01:48 AM »

yeah, I always loved this one, I have it on a cd somewhere in mpg format.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #129 on: August 31, 2010, 09:18:07 AM »
Best news I've heard all week  :metal :metal :metal :metal

Roadrunner Records are delighted to welcome American rock band ALTER BRIDGE to the family. The band will be represented by Roadrunner worldwide, with the exception of North America (an announcement regarding North America will be released in the near future). Since they formed in 2004, Alter Bridge have built a loyal fan-base through relentless touring and their stellar live performances, selling more than a million albums and in the process becoming one of the most respected rock bands in the world.

Grammy-winning songwriter/guitarist Mark Tremonti comments, "There is a real sense of excitement in the Alter Bridge camp to be able to partner-up with Roadrunner. With their proven track record worldwide and the hard work we have put in touring internationally, it seems like the perfect combination." Wally van Middendorp, Roadrunner’s Snr VP International, states, “I am extremely pleased that we have added Alter Bridge to our international artist roster and I am confident the band will reach the next level with their upcoming record.”

Alter Bridge’s first release with Roadrunner will be their forthcoming third studio album, succinctly titled AB III. Set for release on October 11 with Michael “Elvis” Baskette producing, the band – completed by vocalist/guitarist/songwriter Myles Kennedy (who also fronts Slash’s touring band), bassist Brian Marshall, and drummer Scott Phillips - recently unveiled the song titles on their official website at https://www.alterbridge.com/ and also on their Myspace page at https://www.myspace.com/alterbridge. The full track listing is set to be:

1. Slip To The Void
2. Isolation
3. Ghost Of Days Gone By
4. All Hope Is Gone
5. Still Remains
6. Make It Right
7. Wonderful Life
8. I Know It Hurts
9. Show Me A Sign
10. Fallout
11. Breathe Again
12. Coeur D’Alene
13. Life Must Go On
14. Words Darker Than Their Wings

The band will hit the road as soon as the album hits the shelves. Alter Bridge kick off an extensive European tour in Glasgow on October 16. Including 8 UK shows, the jaunt will wrap up in Italy in December. Tickets are on sale and selling fast for the following UK dates:

Sat 16th Oct - GLASGOW O2 Academy SOLD OUT
Sun 17th Oct - NEWCASTLE O2 Academy
Tue 19th Oct - MANCHESTER Academy SOLD OUT
Wed 20th Oct - NOTTINGHAM Rock City
Fri 22nd Oct - LONDON Hammersmith HMV Apollo
Sat 23rd Oct - SOUTHAMPTON Guildhall
Mon 25th Oct - BIRMINGHAM O2 Academy
Tue 26th Oct - BRISTOL Colston Hall

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #130 on: August 31, 2010, 09:29:25 AM »
Bring it on!   :metal
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
« Reply #131 on: August 31, 2010, 09:41:25 AM »
AB III?

:|

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #132 on: August 31, 2010, 09:42:04 AM »
faemir?

"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #133 on: August 31, 2010, 10:57:30 AM »
PROMO PIC WITH ALBUM ART!!!!

Offline Elsydeon

ABIII almost sounds like a work out video :D

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
« Reply #135 on: August 31, 2010, 01:29:59 PM »
faemir?

why is your post count so low?

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
I got boosh'd by sneakyblueberry :lol

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach