Author Topic: The Official Alter Bridge Thread v. PAWNS & KINGS  (Read 256570 times)

Offline mikeyd23

Re: The Official Alter Bridge Thread v. 10 Years of "Blackbird"
« Reply #1505 on: January 25, 2017, 09:29:34 AM »
I've always loved Bleed It Dry, like you guys mentioned, it incorporates several different elements of AB's sound in a short, concise manner.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1506 on: January 25, 2017, 01:35:06 PM »
I absolutely love Bleed It Dry, easily one of my favourite AB songs.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #1507 on: January 25, 2017, 05:01:55 PM »
Love the solo in that track. One of my favs from MT

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #1508 on: January 25, 2017, 07:57:27 PM »
Showtime in Chicago. I am ready!

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #1509 on: February 03, 2017, 08:41:44 AM »
-Fortress
Bleed It Dry
Fortress
Cry of Achilles
Farther Than The Sun
Calm The Fire

-The Last Hero
Island of Fools
The Last Hero
The Other Side
Cradle To The Grave

*Edit*
-Fortress
Bleed It Dry
Fortress
Cry of Achilles
Farther Than The Sun

-The Last Hero
Island of Fools
The Last Hero
The Other Side
This Side of Fate
Cradle To The Grave

I dropped Calm The Fire from Fortress and added This Side of Fate AHEAD of Cradle To The Grave. While Calm The Fire is quite original and unique, This Side of Fate is a monster of a track. It's a full on Prog ROCK song bookended in classic clean AB. And the two solos being in the different parts of the song and having two completely different styles make this a real standout track, I just hadn't appreciated it I guess.

TOP 5 FAVORITE
1 Bleed It Dry
2 Island of Fools

3 The End Is Here
4 Coeur d'Alene
5 One Day Remains

TOP 5 BEST (IMO)
1 Bleed It Dry
2 Island of Fools

3 Fortress
4 Blackbird
5 The Last Hero

*Edit*
TOP 5 FAVORITE
1 Island of Fools
2 Bleed It Dry

3 The End Is Here
4 Coeur d'Alene
5 One Day Remains

TOP 5 BEST (IMO)
1 Island of Fools
2 Bleed It Dry

3 Fortress
4 Blackbird
5 The Last Hero

Island of Fools moves to the top spot on both the Faves/Best (IMO) list. And just by the smallest of margins. But, Island of Fools is just incredible from start to finish. If it had a solo as high in quality as Bleed It Dry, I think it would be maybe the best hard rock song in a LONG TIME. I just can't find anything bad to say about it, and I just can't get enough of it. I don't care if the mix is loud, turn that shit UP!

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1510 on: February 03, 2017, 08:48:17 AM »
Good stuff, Island of Fools is top notch all around.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #1511 on: February 03, 2017, 08:51:55 AM »
Also, two more things:

Has anyone messed with the EQ on The Last Hero to see if they can make the mix a little less abrasive, even if it's in the smallest of ways?

I HATE that AB now comes to Jacksonville every year for the god damn Welcome to Rockville show. I've seen AB in Jax ONCE, in 2005, at a shitty smaller festival and the crowd sucked and Mark almost got hit with a full water bottle, and then I almost got in a fight with that guy. Fucking trash! I had the immediate realization and understanding that AB might never come back to Jax, and maybe they shouldn't. But, now they're in Jax every year, and the only way for me to see them is to shell out a bunch of money to see a bunch of bands I have no interest in (Coheed is awesome, but they're not playing a Neverender show :tdwn), and then see AB in a crowd of sweaty dirty drunk assholes in Florida in late April.

fun fact: When going to see them in 2005, me and my friends got in the car in my driveway and turned on the radio to the station that was sponsoring the festival. The guy said, "Alter Bridge is up next!" Google maps says 19.9 miles/28 mins from my house to the fairgrounds. We did driveway to parked in 12 mins. :hat

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1512 on: February 03, 2017, 09:02:04 AM »
Also, two more things:

Has anyone messed with the EQ on The Last Hero to see if they can make the mix a little less abrasive, even if it's in the smallest of ways?

I HATE that AB now comes to Jacksonville every year for the god damn Welcome to Rockville show. I've seen AB in Jax ONCE, in 2005, at a shitty smaller festival and the crowd sucked and Mark almost got hit with a full water bottle, and then I almost got in a fight with that guy. Fucking trash! I had the immediate realization and understanding that AB might never come back to Jax, and maybe they shouldn't. But, now they're in Jax every year, and the only way for me to see them is to shell out a bunch of money to see a bunch of bands I have no interest in (Coheed is awesome, but they're not playing a Neverender show :tdwn), and then see AB in a crowd of sweaty dirty drunk assholes in Florida in late April.

fun fact: When going to see them in 2005, me and my friends got in the car in my driveway and turned on the radio to the station that was sponsoring the festival. The guy said, "Alter Bridge is up next!" Google maps says 19.9 miles/28 mins from my house to the fairgrounds. We did driveway to parked in 12 mins. :hat

I haven't really messed with the EQ too much, but the whole thing is mastered weird, so I don't know how much EQ-tweaking would actually help. It sounds like they took a good sounding grouping of tracks and squished and squashed them together with emphasis on weird frequencies. I still can't believe Elvis could produce something that sounds as good as BB and then produce something like this. It isn't horrible (I've heard MUCH worse) but it just isn't good. There's no depth or room for anything to sit properly, everything sounds like it's fighting everything else.

In regards to AB touring - their US touring schedule usually frustrates the living crap out of me. I haven't seen them since the ABIII tour, and the only reason I saw them then was because they played about 20 minutes from a friends place....7 hours away from where I live, haha. So we were able to roadtrip it out to my buddy's, stay for a couple days and catch the show. They totally skipped my area for the Fortress tour cycle (that was crazy short in the US) and have now skipped it again for TLH tour. I live about 20 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh, I'd easily travel to Pittsburgh, Cleveland, etc... to see them but no luck. I think the closest they are coming to me this time is the DC area, which is a 5 hour drive.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #1513 on: February 03, 2017, 01:01:37 PM »
I'm a huge fan, but I agree, the U.S. touring irritates the shit out of me too. I saw them in Spokane, Wash., on the Blackbird tour (had to travel), San Francisco and Seattle (again, travel) on the AB III tour, and San Fran again on the Fortress tour (they did not play Northern California) on the ODR tour. But while I am glad I have gotten to see them, even Myles said himself during the concert in San Fran on the AB III tour: "Why did we wait so long to come here?!" Including the current tour, they'll have played Northern California a total of three times in 12 years. That's insane.

The current tour, they are coming later this month. But unfortunately, because it is mid-week, my wife and I can't go together. And since I have seen them twice more than she has, she is going. which is fine, but what sucks is, I know they won't come around again probably for at least three years. It'll be the next record at a minimum.

I'm not sure why AB doesn't prioritize AB. I'm glad Slash has reunited with Guns, hopefully this means Myles will prioritize AB a bit more. I know they both (Mark and Myles) have other projects, but I'm really sort of frustrated with them. I don't think asking for a really proper U.S. tour, playing 60 or 70 dates across the country in various places is a lot to ask. Other bands do it all the time...

Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1514 on: February 03, 2017, 01:04:14 PM »
I'm not sure why AB doesn't prioritize AB. I'm glad Slash has reunited with Guns, hopefully this means Myles will prioritize AB a bit more. I know they both (Mark and Myles) have other projects, but I'm really sort of frustrated with them. I don't think asking for a really proper U.S. tour, playing 60 or 70 dates across the country in various places is a lot to ask. Other bands do it all the time...

No question, I totally agree. Don't get me started on AB not prioritizing AB (and you are correct their lack of US touring is a direction symptom of that).

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1515 on: February 03, 2017, 01:20:08 PM »

It may be a lot to ask for honestly.  It comes down to demand, and AB isn't really that kind of band that is "casually" popular, and I don't think AB is in that spot, financially, to be willing to play in front of half-filled venues in obscured areas like DT was doing with The Astonishing. 

I do admit though they haven't toured much in the states.  During the Fortress tour, they played 24 headlining shows in the states.  In 2016-now, with regards to promoting The Last Hero, they have matched that or going to match that and there still the last half of 2017 to fill with more shows.  I'm not too concerned though.  I live about 30 minutes from LA, so I know they are going to come to these parts every three years or so and the areas surrounding it (Vegas, Anaheim perhaps, maybe San Diego region).

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1516 on: February 03, 2017, 01:34:41 PM »

It may be a lot to ask for honestly.  It comes down to demand, and AB isn't really that kind of band that is "casually" popular, and I don't think AB is in that spot, financially, to be willing to play in front of half-filled venues in obscured areas like DT was doing with The Astonishing. 

I do admit though they haven't toured much in the states.  During the Fortress tour, they played 24 headlining shows in the states.  In 2016-now, with regards to promoting The Last Hero, they have matched that or going to match that and there still the last half of 2017 to fill with more shows.  I'm not too concerned though.  I live about 30 minutes from LA, so I know they are going to come to these parts every three years or so and the areas surrounding it (Vegas, Anaheim perhaps, maybe San Diego region).

Bro, with all due respect, that's a backwards way of thinking about things. Basically, "we aren't that big in the states, so let's not tour a ton there...". Here's a crazy thought, flip that mentality around (and it's a well documented mentality, the band has talked about how they haven't "caught on" as much in the states as other places) and say, "you know what? we haven't caught on as much in the states, there's a lot of untapped market potential there, let's try to invest time as a band and organization into tapping into that market in a more deliberate manner and growing our base there".

And I'm not saying I want them to play half-empty venues, for one example, my town, Pittsburgh has numerous venues that AB could easily sellout (or come close to selling out). But they don't invest the time to do more expansive tours. They book a tour that hits the big markets (LA, NY, etc...) and some random small markets and then they are out. Done. US fans don't see these dudes again for 3-4 years. That's why they aren't growing here. They gotta wrap that US tour up quick to get back to Slash, Tremonti, Projected, and God knows what else.

I hope GnR stays together just so Myles has one less thing on his plate.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1517 on: February 03, 2017, 02:32:48 PM »

Bro, with all due respect, that's a backwards way of thinking about things. Basically, "we aren't that big in the states, so let's not tour a ton there...". Here's a crazy thought, flip that mentality around (and it's a well documented mentality, the band has talked about how they haven't "caught on" as much in the states as other places) and say, "you know what? we haven't caught on as much in the states, there's a lot of untapped market potential there, let's try to invest time as a band and organization into tapping into that market in a more deliberate manner and growing our base there".

And I'm not saying I want them to play half-empty venues, for one example, my town, Pittsburgh has numerous venues that AB could easily sellout (or come close to selling out). But they don't invest the time to do more expansive tours. They book a tour that hits the big markets (LA, NY, etc...) and some random small markets and then they are out. Done. US fans don't see these dudes again for 3-4 years. That's why they aren't growing here. They gotta wrap that US tour up quick to get back to Slash, Tremonti, Projected, and God knows what else.

I hope GnR stays together just so Myles has one less thing on his plate.

Agree completely, mike. I get that AB is MUCH bigger in Europe. Sucks for us, but cool for the European fans. But as you illustrated -- you can't build a fanbase by not slugging it out a bit. AB has yet to really sink their teeth into primary and secondary markets on a FULL U.S. tour. Anguyen has a point that some venues might be half-filled (and be small to begin with) and by that, the band might not be able to bring the type of production they want to on the road. But that's the old school way of building a fan base. Myles and Mark are just a few years older than me -- they know that. They are choosing not to do it that way.

And while they know better than me what's best for them, it's just frustrating. They say things like "we're not AS popular in the U.S.," do nothing to change that, and then sort of expect the fans to be content with that.

So here's hoping the end of 2017 isn't a Myles solo record and tour, or a Tremonti record. Hopefully it's a bigger slate of dates (maybe an additional 40?) of secondary and primary markets in the U.S. to help lay that groundwork.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #1518 on: February 03, 2017, 08:59:09 PM »
I honestly cannot understand how AB is bigger in Europe than the States. The music is American through and through. 

And going back to the Creed connection, I'm pretty sure that most here on DTF would agree that AB is the better band over Creed. And yet, what is it about Creed that got them to selling HUGE platinum level albums and selling out arenas versus the  AB situation of struggling to just make a dent in the US market? I mean, is Scott Stapp that much better than Myles?  :facepalm: :justjen
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1519 on: February 03, 2017, 09:16:21 PM »
I honestly cannot understand how AB is bigger in Europe than the States. The music is American through and through. 

And going back to the Creed connection, I'm pretty sure that most here on DTF would agree that AB is the better band over Creed. And yet, what is it about Creed that got them to selling HUGE platinum level albums and selling out arenas versus the  AB situation of struggling to just make a dent in the US market? I mean, is Scott Stapp that much better than Myles?  :facepalm: :justjen

I think it's the matter of the timing.  Creed was that sort of music that casual rock fans really like in the late 90s.  They along with...... Nickelback was the big two big bands people will think of when they think of the genre, "post-grunge."  Honestly, if a band like Creed started now in 2017, I don't think they would get far.  Probably get called a Nickelback rip-off, Pearl Jam rip-off, or something of the sort. 

On the flip side, I always wondered how AB could have been if they started around the mid-late 90s.  I'm sure, with regards to the album sales since there would be no digital piracy at the time, AB's sales could have multiplied by at least 3x than their overall sales now (which I will say is around the 2 million range worldwide, right now, and that may be exaggerating).  For all we know, they could have been seen of a great successor to bands like Alice in Chains and Soundgarden.  It's just the sense of bad timing and modern casual US rock fans not clicking to a band like AB as much as bands like A7X, Breaking Benjamin, Disturbed, etc (and I got no problem with those bands' success. I like those bands a good amount.  I just wish I can comfortably say that AB can get to a status like those bands, but it's so hard nowadays to get there.)

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #1520 on: February 03, 2017, 11:53:10 PM »

And going back to the Creed connection, I'm pretty sure that most here on DTF would agree that AB is the better band over Creed. And yet, what is it about Creed that got them to selling HUGE plitinum level albums and selling out arenas versus the  AB situation of struggling to just make a dent in the US market? I mean, is Scott Stapp that much better than Myles?  :facepalm: :justjen

I think it's the matter of the timing.  Creed was that sort of music that casual rock fans really like in the late 90s.  They along with...... Nickelback was the big two big bands people will think of when they think of the genre, "post-grunge."  Honestly, if a band like Creed started now in 2017, I don't think they would get far.  Probably get called a Nickelback rip-off, Pearl Jam rip-off, or something of the sort. 

On the flip side, I always wondered how AB could have been if they started around the mid-late 90s.  I'm sure, with regards to the album sales since there would be no digital piracy at the time, AB's sales could have multiplied by at least 3x than their overall sales now (which I will say is around the 2 million range worldwide, right now, and that may be exaggerating).  For all we know, they could have been seen of a great successor to bands like Alice in Chains and Soundgarden.  It's just the sense of bad timing and modern casual US rock fans not clicking to a band like AB as much as bands like A7X, Breaking Benjamin, Disturbed, etc (and I got no problem with those bands' success. I like those bands a good amount.  I just wish I can comfortably say that AB can get to a status like those bands, but it's so hard nowadays to get there.)

Yeah, I can see that.  So it seems that AB is the victim of circumstance.  It's unfortunate that a band's music is at mercy to the whims of popular taste, because to my mind AB leaves A7x, Disturbed and Breaking Benjamin in the dust. One would hope that quality music, regardless of style, could cut through the vagaries of trend.
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1521 on: February 04, 2017, 12:19:58 AM »
^^ True.  However, I think, even though it's a long time coming, AB has been getting a fair amount of traction in the states since probably 2010.  Managed to get their first #1 single on mainstream rock radio with Isolation.  The Last Hero ended up on the top 10 on the Billboard 200 (their first time on the top 10 on Billboard 200 since One Day Remains).  Have reached a stage where they should have no problems having 1,500 people or more per show in North America.  They still have a dedicated fanbase where certain fans have no problems spending lots of money on VIP meet-and-greets and guitar clinics.

Now, they just got to try to get more shows with the consistency of crowds they've been getting in North America, during this album period, without oversaturating themselves.  They got a good start so far.  I don't see a reason why it should stop.  I think they can feasibly do well in areas like Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Denver, Jersey, Pittsburgh, even their home base in Orlando (they only did one show in 2016 which was the listening party with a condescended set in a small crowd.  The last time they did a big AB show there was at the House of Blues, the only NA show in 2013 and they pulled a big active crowd there) and the areas surrounding those. 

I don't think this leg has the only headlining shows in North America for 2017.  Then you read a lot of tweet responses from AB's twitter page regarding bringing them to South America and Ireland. Those guys are really frothing for an AB show, and the band has shown great interest in playing there.  It just comes down to the logistics.

With, all of that stated, one of the few ways for AB to really try to attain more new fans that never heard of them is through cross-promotion with other bands.  I.E, either co-headlining tours (who could co-headline with AB and pull in about 3-4,000 people?) or opening for bigger bands (like they did for Breaking Benjamin and Disturbed in amphitheaters last summer).
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 12:29:45 AM by Anguyen92 »

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1522 on: February 04, 2017, 09:54:26 AM »
Yeah, I really wish they could do more headlining shows in the U.S. Every time they're near me, it's as part of a festival or group of some kind. I don't want to watch them play for 30 minutes in between 3 other bands I don't like.

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #1523 on: February 04, 2017, 11:02:59 AM »
Oh yeah the sound of The Last Hero.. not good for my tinnitus and occasional hyperacusis. Which sucks, because the music kicks ass.
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #1524 on: February 17, 2017, 08:41:58 PM »
Anguyen92, you going to the show on Sunday? The commercial I was working got pushed to Tuesday, so now im free that night. I never been to the Wiltern so im looking at wheres a good place. Pit is all sold out

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1525 on: February 17, 2017, 09:10:48 PM »
I said to myself, I don't feel right asking my sister for tickets to this AB concert as a 24-year recent college graduate (since that was how I was going to shows in college) unless I managed to get a job before the show.  Now I managed to get a job that starts on Tuesday, but then my family will be moving this week and I might be occupied throughout the weekend.

So as for the main question, I want to go.  Certainly, of course.  It's whether or not I can get tickets and a good view (preferably in the mezzanine area since I do not want to be standing for three hours for the support that I honestly do not really want to invest in).  I checked the sections, floor still has plenty of tickets.  Lodge is almost sold out and there are about 200 seats for mezzanine.

Also, man.  I don't want to pay $34.50 for the same section I was in last time (we paid $26.50 when they came in 2014 and I had a better view, and better support bands, than what is left now.).  I wonder if I can find a site to get it for less than $30 (total including all of the fees nonsense) for the nosebleeds.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #1526 on: February 18, 2017, 01:00:20 AM »
Aye, I hear ya. Im also looking at the parking situation...some of these garages are rip offs. $25 for 2 hours, then an additional $15 afterwards??? One of the few reasons why Im not too fond of LA.

So Mezz level is place to be if I pull the trigger of these tickets, huh?

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1527 on: February 18, 2017, 01:16:56 AM »
I guess Alter Bridge really is way more popular in EU then. I laid down 50 euros for last year's show and the support acts were absolute trash (well, one of them was, the other was pretty cool).

As for answering your question. If you really want to go, just do it. You're about to start your new job and surely you'll be able to cover that, assuming it's worth the money for you which is completely up to you but I know you're a huge AB fan.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1528 on: February 18, 2017, 10:59:12 AM »
It's not much about the money as it is investing the time.  As I stated, my family is moving to Garden Grove (in Orange County) in a couple of days.  They might need me to do whatever to help the move and, as much as I really love AB, I can't be too selfish and say, "I want to spend Sunday night on a concert," in these circumstances.  I just cannot do that to them on principles. 

This is one of those, "I'll play it by ear and see what happens the day of."  If I can free up the time, great!  I'm going.  If not, I'll just wait and hope they play in Anaheim in the fall or something like that. The most probable venue they may play there is the City National Grove of Anaheim and that's only 4 miles away from where I would be moving to and they have played there before in 2011.  It's a big wait and see.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1529 on: February 18, 2017, 11:09:47 AM »
I guess Alter Bridge really is way more popular in EU then.

They are awkwardly more popular in Europe especially the U.K. In comparison to the states.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #1530 on: May 04, 2017, 05:00:04 PM »
I just realized when Alter Bridge drops a new album, probably in 2019, Myles is gonna be 50!!!  :omg:

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1531 on: May 05, 2017, 07:01:20 AM »
Holy shit, I didn't realize he was that old!

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #1532 on: June 01, 2017, 10:13:18 AM »
https://www.napalmrecordsamerica.com/store/alterbridge
On November 24th 2016 we played our largest headline gig to date - The O2 Arena in London. It was an amazing night and we wanted to share this evening with you.

We have teamed up with our friends at Napalm Records to bring you not only this show but a full-length "Rarities" album, full of all of our deepest cuts and a few never before released songs!

Alter Bridge: Live at the O2 Arena + Rarities out 9/8/17
PRE ORDER:
https://smarturl.it/LiveAtTheO2Arena

Alter Bridge: Live at the O2 Arena + Rarities:
CD1
1. The Writing On The Wall
2. Come To Life
3. Addicted Pain
4. Ghost Of Days Gone By
5. Cry Of Achilles
6. The Other Side
7. Farther Than The Sun
8. Ties That Blind
9. Water Rising
10. Crows On A Wire
11. Watch Over You (Solo Acoustic)

CD2
12. Isolation
13. Blackbird
14. Metalingus
15. Open Your Eyes
16. Show Me A Leader
17. Rise Today
18. Poison In You Veins
19. My Champion

"B-Sides and Rarities" - CD3
20. Breathe 
21. Cruel Sun
22. Solace
23. New Way To Live
24. The Damage Done 
25. We Don’t Care At All
26. Zero
27. Home
28. Never Born To Follow
29. Never Say Die (Outright)
30. Symphony Of Agony (The Last Of Our Kind)

DVD
The ALTER BRIDGE documentary with plenty of interviews with the band and their crew, is giving you an amazing glimpse behind the scenes of this legendary show at London's O2 Arena!/quote]

Offline ninja1125

« Reply #1533 on: June 01, 2017, 10:56:17 AM »
Weird that they are releasing a live record but not a live dvd

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1534 on: June 01, 2017, 11:20:40 AM »
Wow, that looks pretty cool. It will be nice to have some official live versions of songs off of TLH and Fortress. Hopefully the nail they audio production on this, since it's a CD and not a DVD, the audio needs to be killer for it to stand up.

The B-Sides disc is interesting, I have most of those tracks already, namely from BB on, but to the best of my knowledge, is this the first time Cruel Sun and Solace from the fabled ODR-era will see the light of day? That's pretty cool.

I'll definitely buy this, AB is one of the few bands left that have earned the auto-buy from me. Not seeing info on that page about the DVD documentary though...

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1535 on: June 01, 2017, 11:24:51 AM »

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1536 on: June 01, 2017, 11:50:37 AM »
I hear rumors going around that they are embarking on something big when it comes to the DVD front during The Last Hero album cycle and I hope it is true, because I like the idea of it and hope execution and planning works out for them.

Still, a live album featuring songs from The Last Hero and Fortress is good (especially, when the Milan DVD did not pan out at all), plus all of the bonus songs album makes it better.  That fact that it is from AB makes it an easy buy as well.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1537 on: June 01, 2017, 11:59:32 AM »
Just pre-ordered the book version of it. Should be cool. I have most of those B-Sides already (I don't have Cruel Sun or Solace, but I have the rest). Interesting that they didn't release some of the other tunes like Save Me. But regardless, i dropped the money on it.

I never saw the tour (it was mid-week and a couple hour drive both ways), and was the first time I missed them, so I was bummed. So this makes up for it a bit.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1538 on: June 01, 2017, 12:23:48 PM »
I hear rumors going around that they are embarking on something big when it comes to the DVD front during The Last Hero album cycle and I hope it is true, because I like the idea of it and hope execution and planning works out for them.

Still, a live album featuring songs from The Last Hero and Fortress is good (especially, when the Milan DVD did not pan out at all), plus all of the bonus songs album makes it better.  That fact that it is from AB makes it an easy buy as well.

Yeah didn't Mark say they were going to do a live DVD concert at Royal Albert with an orchestra or something like that? Sounded pretty interesting but I haven't heard much else about it.

Just pre-ordered the book version of it. Should be cool. I have most of those B-Sides already (I don't have Cruel Sun or Solace, but I have the rest). Interesting that they didn't release some of the other tunes like Save Me. But regardless, i dropped the money on it.

I never saw the tour (it was mid-week and a couple hour drive both ways), and was the first time I missed them, so I was bummed. So this makes up for it a bit.

I believe Cruel Sun and Solace have never been released before, those are the two I don't have either. I feel your pain on this tour run, I didn't get to see them either (they didn't play within 3 hours of my place).

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1539 on: June 01, 2017, 04:29:59 PM »
I hope there's a DVD, a cd but then a DVD documentary about the show seems very odd.  The rarities cd seems a it filler but I'll take it.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.