Author Topic: The Official Alter Bridge Thread v. PAWNS & KINGS  (Read 256533 times)

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
Re: The Official Alter Bridge Thread v. Live In Milan (Still don't have it)
« Reply #1085 on: July 19, 2015, 01:56:32 AM »
I've always thought some of Alter Bridge's best musical moments are in ABIII. However I think there are flow issues as a whole album. It's not a terrible album whatsoever, but I don't think it's their best.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #1086 on: July 19, 2015, 06:17:38 AM »
There are great moments on AB3. It's still the same awesome guys writing music. Is it gonna be bad? F NO! But, that doesn't mean it can't be a disappointment. In fact, the great moments are what make it disappointing. Because it becomes evident that there were great ideas that did not get the time they deserved to evolve into complete tracks, and essentially a complete album. Great ideas, rushed execution, not their best production (thanks Elvis), and the weakest solos of all their albums.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #1087 on: November 23, 2015, 03:23:52 PM »
BUMP

Nothing that has to do with Alter Bridge, but considering the band's ties with Creed..

Scott Stapp reviews the movie "Creed"  :lol

https://FunnyOrDie.com/m/a3jv

Glad to see this guy is doing well after his major public meltdown

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #1088 on: November 23, 2015, 03:26:45 PM »
BTW Still don't have Live In Milan  :-\

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1089 on: November 23, 2015, 03:41:33 PM »
A bit late to the party here:

1. Blackbird
2. Cry of Achilles
3. Come to Life
4. Fortress
5. The End Is Here/Metalingus

Addicted to Pain is really close though and I don't think I've seen that one yet.

Fortress
Blackbird
One Day Remains
AB3
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1090 on: November 23, 2015, 03:47:26 PM »
BTW Still don't have Live In Milan  :-\

I don't think we're getting that DVD any time soon.  I pretty much give up hope in wanting that and opt to move on to getting hyped for the next thing (mainly, Dust, Myles' solo album, and, most importantly, AB V). 

I just hope in the events that they do another DVD, they do not work with DC3.  Nothing against DC3 personally, but it's time to move on from them.  The aura seems negative for the time being.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1091 on: January 07, 2016, 01:36:53 PM »
All righty, then.  We are in January, and now things are developing a little more in terms of the creation of AB V.  Soon enough, in like a few weeks, Myles is heading towards Orlando and off to the races we go. 

In addition, Fret12 has got some products/services related towards AB V, including a VIP for Life, one day Studio visit, Listening Party, etc.

https://fret12.com/store/alter-bridge

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #1092 on: January 07, 2016, 01:40:26 PM »
All righty, then.  We are in January, and now things are developing a little more in terms of the creation of AB V.  Soon enough, in like a few weeks, Myles is heading towards Orlando and off to the races we go. 

In addition, Fret12 has got some products/services related towards AB V, including a VIP for Life, one day Studio visit, Listening Party, etc.

https://fret12.com/store/alter-bridge

Wait did I miss something or are they posting items that cost thousands of dollars without providing ANY information about the new album? That's kinda weird.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1093 on: January 07, 2016, 01:55:16 PM »
Did they take some of these things directly from the Tremonti project or did they already have things like "your name in the liner notes" and stuff?

Anyway, I'd personally never lay down so much money, there's not a band in the world I love THAT much, and I love AB quite a bit. (besides, $2500 for VIP for life is 10 months of part-time jobbing for me)
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #1094 on: January 07, 2016, 01:57:35 PM »
Did they take some of these things directly from the Tremonti project or did they already have things like "your name in the liner notes" and stuff?

Anyway, I'd personally never lay down so much money, there's not a band in the world I love THAT much, and I love AB quite a bit. (besides, $2500 for VIP for life is 10 months of part-time jobbing for me)

Haha, honestly they don't tour the US enough to consider the VIP for life thing, regardless of cost.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1095 on: January 07, 2016, 02:07:49 PM »

Maybe Fret12 thought that they had a decent amount of success of these things from the Tremonti project, that with AB having a larger fanbase, they decided to try it here.  And yeah, to me, I wouldn't buy the VIP for Life as Mikey stated, they do not tour the US enough to justify it.  That's only 50 available though so they are not shooting too high. 

I'm sure there are super die-hard fans in Europe that may want to do buy something like this.  See a show in like Germany and England without having the struggle of waiting to buy a ticket.  Something like that may interest someone out there.

Offline Accelerando

Re: The Official Alter Bridge Thread v. AB V!!!
« Reply #1096 on: January 07, 2016, 11:22:48 PM »
I hope Fret 12 produces the music videos and live concert videos. Time to step away from DC3, and onward to better things!

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #1097 on: January 08, 2016, 07:02:28 AM »
I hope Fret 12 produces the music videos and live concert videos. Time to step away from DC3, and onward to better things!

Yeah anyone besides DC3 would be a positive step for AB at this point. It's an added bonus that Fret12 seems to be really good.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1098 on: January 08, 2016, 07:30:11 AM »
As much as I love Alter Bridge, it's going to be really hard for them to top Fortress. Probably my favorite album of the decade. Regardless, I'm sure the new release will be fantastic.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #1099 on: January 08, 2016, 07:40:06 AM »
All it takes is just a little piece of info and I'm super excited. As long as they take their time and do it right, I'm expecting something impressive. I think it will kinda flow off Fortress, and still have some new ideas.

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #1100 on: January 08, 2016, 08:12:31 AM »
Yeah, I agree Fortress will be hard to top, absolutely amazing album from top to bottom. But, I said the same thing about Blackbird and with Fortress, I'm not sure they topped it but they certainly came really close. I see no reason why these guys can't continue forward with another stellar release. I'm hyped!  :metal

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #1101 on: January 08, 2016, 03:26:31 PM »
I like that they took a more progressive approach with Fortress, but it's still my least favorite of their albums. That being said, every time I listen to it I'm reminded that every song is fantastic, but the same happens with AB III, Blackbird, and One Day Remains, so...
Check out my various music projects - I’ve got concept albums, singer/songwriter, rock, metal, prog, and more coming soon:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #1102 on: January 08, 2016, 03:43:52 PM »

I would of loved if they would have introduced a Signed CD only feature. I think they did that for the Tremonti release.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #1103 on: January 12, 2016, 09:32:55 AM »
1. Fortress
2. AB3
3. Blackbird
4. ODR

Also...

1. Slip To The Void
2. Blackbird
3. Fortress
4. Find The Real
5. Waters Rising

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1104 on: January 13, 2016, 02:39:16 AM »
Favorite songa do change for me sometimes, though #1 is pretty much set in stone.

1. Fortress
2. Blackbird
3. ODR
4. AB3

1. Blackbird
2. Fortress
3. Broken Wings
4. Cry of Achilles
5. Slip to the Void

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1105 on: January 13, 2016, 03:56:59 AM »
I'm gonna put it right out there now.  There is no possible way they can Fortress, no chance.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #1106 on: January 13, 2016, 04:09:36 AM »
There is no possible way they can Fortress, no chance.
They don't need to, they have already Fortressed. :neverusethis:

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1107 on: January 13, 2016, 04:13:01 AM »
Whoops, okay I'll try again.  :facepalm:

There is no possible way AB can top Fortress, no chance.  I'm sure they will produce a brilliant album, but they can't top that album.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 09:17:07 PM by wolfking »

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1108 on: January 13, 2016, 05:21:59 AM »
There is no possible way AB can top Fortress, no chance.  I'm sure they will produce a brilliant album, but that can't top that album.

Agreed. Like you implied, this isn't a bad thing, because Fortress is incredible. I've no doubt that it will be a good album.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #1109 on: January 13, 2016, 07:14:24 AM »
They probably can't top Fortress. But they can make the new album better... in a different way.

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #1110 on: January 13, 2016, 08:25:29 AM »
They probably can't top Fortress. But they can make the new album better... in a different way.

This. AB has managed to keep a pretty consistent sound throughout their career while still changing it up enough from album to album so that each record has it's own unique identity. The only way AB fails to top Fortress is if AB tries to make another record very similar to Fortress. If they continue to evolve and create an album with its own identity, which they have successfully done several times, they'll be good.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1111 on: January 13, 2016, 09:18:13 PM »
I don't think it can really be 'better' and 'different' at the same time.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1112 on: January 14, 2016, 01:15:14 AM »

I think, at this point, it's pretty damn tough to top the standards that Blackbird and Fortress has set, but still I think they are going to go on and create an album that they are going to really enjoy making, and that their core fanbase will enjoy (not necessarily catering to them though).  I'm sure not going to go into listening the album, thinking/hoping that it will top those two.  That just sets me up for disappointment.  We got to let the album tell what it wants to do and hope it tells it good.

In addition, I kinda want them to do an instrumental as well.  They sure have came a long way from being that band that was commonly called "Creed with another singer" and while they certainly have their own identity with a fanbase that matches that identity (apart from Creed, apart from Slash), I feel that there are still people (a small minority), today, making these comparisons.  I think them doing an instrumental would put these comparisons away once and for all and it's certainly an option for them to take on away from the lyric-writing and the big chorus sing-a-longs and whatnot and do something different from that.

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #1113 on: January 14, 2016, 07:09:21 AM »

They couldn't make a record that is really different sounding than Fortress that some fans might consider better? They certainly could, honestly if I had to guess, I don't think it will sound all that different from Fortress and it will be hard to top Fortress. So, I'm not saying it'll happen, but it definitely could.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #1114 on: January 14, 2016, 01:23:34 PM »

In addition, I kinda want them to do an instrumental as well.  They sure have came a long way from being that band that was commonly called "Creed with another singer" and while they certainly have their own identity with a fanbase that matches that identity (apart from Creed, apart from Slash), I feel that there are still people (a small minority), today, making these comparisons.  I think them doing an instrumental would put these comparisons away once and for all and it's certainly an option for them to take on away from the lyric-writing and the big chorus sing-a-longs and whatnot and do something different from that.

I've been this way for a long time. In fact, they did a instrumental recorded for Guitar Magazine for Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad I think in between One Day Remains and Blackbird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nXiI4KcyPk

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1115 on: February 09, 2016, 11:24:07 AM »
All right, all right.  So where are they now?  Well, they are at Mark's house sorting out what they want to sort out before heading to the studio. 

On another note, they are going to actually start touring earlier than what they usually do (tour Europe and the UK in the fall) and that is they are going to tour in the US in the summer with Breaking Benjamin and Disturbed.  I do not know what DTF's opinions on those bands are, but at least, AB is on a tour that maybe can get them new fans and build more anticipation for AB V.  It's a good time indeed.  Things are materializing well.

https://loudwire.com/disturbed-breaking-benjamin-2016-tour/

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1116 on: February 09, 2016, 11:25:27 AM »
All right, all right.  So where are they now?  Well, they are at Mark's house sorting out what they want to sort out before heading to the studio. 

On another note, they are going to actually start touring earlier than what they usually do (tour Europe and the UK in the fall) and that is they are going to tour in the US in the summer with Breaking Benjamin and Disturbed.  I do not know what DTF's opinions on those bands are, but at least, AB is on a tour that maybe can them new fans and build more anticipation for AB V.  It's a good time indeed.  Things are materializing well.

https://loudwire.com/disturbed-breaking-benjamin-2016-tour/

I saw that about the tour and literally laughed out loud. They are going to blow the closers off of the stage.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1117 on: February 09, 2016, 01:19:51 PM »
Never liked Breaking Benjamin apart from one song (believe it was called Blow Me Away), but Disturbed is great, STILL need to check out Immortalize..

Anyway I doubt I'll be seeing AB live, I'm just not that big on live shows like I used to be and I don't know anyone who loves AB, I know a few casual fans but they wouldn't go to a concert of theirs.

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #1118 on: February 09, 2016, 01:30:26 PM »
I'm pumped they are working on ABV! These guys have literally never let me down!  :tup

As far as the tour...I'm happy to see they are attempting to tour the US a little more extensively but those headliners are rough.

I saw that about the tour and literally laughed out loud. They are going to blow the closers off of the stage.

Exactly this.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1119 on: March 12, 2016, 08:28:33 PM »
Well, this is an interesting find.  A contestant from The Voice UK decided to sing Watch Over You.  The end result of that performance?  Well, I'll let you guys be the judge of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M29wM6oRp5E

In other AB news, Flip is done with the drumming.  Brian will start on his bass parts in a few days.  Also, Myles sang Highway to Hell with Steel Panther during one of their shows and Mark saw a Robert Plant concert and met him.  That's basically covers their last week or so.