Author Topic: The Official Alter Bridge Thread v. PAWNS & KINGS  (Read 256575 times)

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
Re: The Official Alter Bridge Thread v. Fortress
« Reply #875 on: November 21, 2013, 08:37:35 AM »
Rumors are now floating around that AB has pushed their US tour back to late spring rather than the beginning of the year  :sad:

Yeah, which I find to be incredibly disappointing. I've heard it's either because the band wants to spend some time with their families (which would be understandable) or they're being forced by some other faction into delaying the US tour.
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #876 on: November 21, 2013, 09:24:10 AM »
Rumors are now floating around that AB has pushed their US tour back to late spring rather than the beginning of the year  :sad:

Yeah, which I find to be incredibly disappointing. I've heard it's either because the band wants to spend some time with their families (which would be understandable) or they're being forced by some other faction into delaying the US tour.

Agreed, very disappointing.  I think the thing that bothers me is the fact that Fortress is so good, and AB has so much room to grow bigger in the states.  They really need to use the momentum they have with the release of the record, a successful tour of Europe, including arenas played in the UK and tour the US sooner rather than later.  They are never going to really grow in the US until they start to make touring here more of a priority and take advantage of momentum when they have it.  If they wait till April/May to tour, they honestly will just probably get mostly die-hard AB fans at the shows and not attract as many new fans, because the hype around the album release will be very dead by then, or at least more so than it is now.

So they will end up playing for 1,000 people in smaller cities/towns and maybe what, like 2,000 or so in bigger cities? Compare that to the arenas in the UK that have more than 10,000 people showing up to see the band.  So, then the band will say to themselves, "well the US just still isn't embracing us, I guess we need to stick to touring Europe". When in reality, I think there is much more market potential for AB in the states if they would go about it the right way.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #877 on: November 21, 2013, 10:03:18 AM »

Yep, those are the rumors.   :tdwn . There also might be some rumors that they may hit South America and Japan before hitting Soundwave, maybe at the request of Roadrunner, which is nice since they may go to places they have never played before.

That makes me sad since I can't see them at the LA area, yet, but I know they always play there so I'm not that worried.  It's just the people that want to see them as a headlining act, but may not get that chance, since the timeline would be getter closer to the US festivals, that I'm sad for them about.

Oh well, that may speak loudly about the condition of live rock acts in the states and, in the end, the good US fans may get the butt end of it.

So they will end up playing for 1,000 people in smaller cities/towns and maybe what, like 2,000 or so in bigger cities? Compare that to the arenas in the UK that have more than 10,000 people showing up to see the band.  So, then the band will say to themselves, "well the US just still isn't embracing us, I guess we need to stick to touring Europe". When in reality, I think there is much more market potential for AB in the states if they would go about it the right way.

Agree.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 10:11:06 AM by Anguyen92 »

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #878 on: November 21, 2013, 10:12:58 AM »

Yep, those are the rumors.   :tdwn . There also might be some rumors that they may hit South America and Japan before hitting Soundwave, maybe at the request of Roadrunner. 

Have they played those countries before? I didn't think they have... Which in that case is pretty cool for the band I'm sure, still sucks for US fans but exciting for the guys to get to play new places!

...It's just the people that want to see them as a headlining act, but may not get that chance, since the timeline would be getter closer to the US festivals, that I'm sad for them about....

Yeah I'm really hoping they still tour the states properly (headlining tour), rather than just playing US festival dates.  I'm not sure US festivals will start that early anyway, aren't they later in the summer?  Even if some festivals do start in May, mixing a few festival dates during a full tour would be the best of both worlds I guess.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #879 on: December 04, 2013, 02:03:03 PM »
I am fucking loving all of Fortress.

This is the album I have been waiting for them to make.

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #880 on: December 04, 2013, 10:41:47 PM »
The album is great for sure.

Started listening to it again in the car!

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #881 on: December 06, 2013, 10:12:49 AM »
Well, it's confirmed.  The rumors are true.  AB will be hitting Japan about a week before Soundwave.  Good for them hitting a new area that they have never played before.

https://www.alterbridge.com/news/2013-12/alter-bridge-to-rock-japan-in-february.aspx

Still waiting for them US tour dates to be announced, but I'll be patient for now.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #882 on: December 06, 2013, 10:14:42 AM »
Well, it's confirmed.  The rumors are true.  AB will be hitting Japan about a week before Soundwave.  Good for them hitting a new area that they have never played before.

https://www.alterbridge.com/news/2013-12/alter-bridge-to-rock-japan-in-february.aspx

Still waiting for them US tour dates to be announced, but I'll be patient for now.

Wow! Thats great for AB, I'm happy to see them playing places they have never played before... And yes, I am still patientally awaiting US tour dates too, haha.

Offline Basekick

« Reply #883 on: December 09, 2013, 08:56:38 AM »
U.S. Tour dates announced! 

https://www.alterbridge.com/news/2013-12/first-spring-usa-dates-announced.aspx

We are pleased to announce the first dates of our Spring USA Tour. All tickets go on sale Friday the 13th. More dates will be announced. Here is what we have so far...

Apr 14 - Dallas, TX - House Of Blues

Apr 15 - Houston, TX - House Of Blues

Apr 19 - Atlanta, GA - Tabernacle

Apr 21 - Baltimore, MD - Rams Head Live

Apr 22 - Boston, MA - Royale Boston

Apr 24 - New York, NY - Best Buy Theater

May 1 - Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue

Anyone else planning to go to that that April 24th show?  I'm praying ticket prices will be sub $50.
"10,000 hours of practice - not talent - creates virtuosos."

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded."  - Jimi Hendrix

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #884 on: December 09, 2013, 09:54:37 AM »
I'm sure the prices is going to be below $50.  Can't tell if this is accurate, but this is how they did in the same venue, in 2011, and my reaction when I first saw it was "Score one for the good guys!"  The price looked pretty low enough and, at the rate, AB is expanding in the states (har har), the price should more or less be the same.

344 Alter Bridge Best Buy Theater
New York, N.Y.
May 19, 2011
$50,500
2,150 / 2,150
1 / 1
$30, $25
AEG Live

https://pulsemusic.proboards.com/thread/107330

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #885 on: December 13, 2013, 09:26:28 AM »
US tour tickets on sale. I'm going to try to attend the NYC one  :metal

https://www.alterbridge.com/tour.aspx

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #886 on: December 13, 2013, 09:43:05 AM »
Hopefully they release more dates soon! But its good to see at least a few US dates!  :tup

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #887 on: December 16, 2013, 11:12:17 AM »
Two more dates in the US have been announced.  One in Chicago (4/28) and One in Kansas City (5/2).  Some pretty decent reputable venues as well.

Offline Elsydeon

« Reply #888 on: December 16, 2013, 02:34:32 PM »
just purchased my NYC ticket

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #891 on: December 19, 2013, 09:33:36 AM »
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/alter-bridge-fortress-the-sound-the-story-instructional-dvd-coming-in-january/

WOW!!  I will definitely grab this.

Yeah this looks really cool even if you aren't a musician or a guitar player!

Yeah, I may have to pick this up, really great product idea!

I would love it if JP would release something like this for DT12, tons of great guitar work on there that would be very interesting to learn straight from the source.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #892 on: January 03, 2014, 05:37:17 PM »
I'm reading some comments regarding the Sound and the Story instructional DVD, at the ABNation forums, and I'm seeing comments that the dvd plays whole tracks instrumentally before starting the lesson. 

I'm like, man, that's excellent, since I sometimes want to sing some of their songs karaoke-style, like All Ends Well, but only the singles from the 1st two albums have karaoke versions. 

Sigh.... $40 bucks for this though.  This might be too much for me though.  I know its going to be worth it for the 6+ hours of content, but I just can't justify spending that much money on one product.  $30 is my threshold, but setting it at that price is silly.  Dang it.  Oh well.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #893 on: January 06, 2014, 08:31:04 AM »
I'm reading some comments regarding the Sound and the Story instructional DVD, at the ABNation forums, and I'm seeing comments that the dvd plays whole tracks instrumentally before starting the lesson. 

I'm like, man, that's excellent, since I sometimes want to sing some of their songs karaoke-style, like All Ends Well, but only the singles from the 1st two albums have karaoke versions. 

Sigh.... $40 bucks for this though.  This might be too much for me though.  I know its going to be worth it for the 6+ hours of content, but I just can't justify spending that much money on one product.  $30 is my threshold, but setting it at that price is silly.  Dang it.  Oh well.

Yeah I'm very interested in this Sound and Story DVD... As a guitarist I think it would be a great product to have and $40 for over 6 hours of content really isn't that bad.... I'll have to look into this more, I feel like I would really enjoy learning guitar riffs and solos from Mark and Myles!

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #894 on: January 14, 2014, 07:59:48 AM »
Boy, Never Say Die (Outright) is just a powerful track. Wonder why they'd left it as a bonus track, but I suppose it's because the uplifting sound of the song contrasts with the darker atmosphere of the album. Anyway it's great- and it would be a perfect closer for every concert they do.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #895 on: January 14, 2014, 02:22:00 PM »
Boy, Never Say Die (Outright) is just a powerful track. Wonder why they'd left it as a bonus track, but I suppose it's because the uplifting sound of the song contrasts with the darker atmosphere of the album. Anyway it's great- and it would be a perfect closer for every concert they do.

Yeah I really dig this tune as well...  Is it just me or do the drums sound incredible on this song? In particular the kick drum sounds massive!!  Really cool song, but like you said, it was probably left off the album and just included as a b-side because it doesn't really fit with the atmosphere the rest of the album establishes. 

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #896 on: January 14, 2014, 04:04:13 PM »
I loved Never Say Die.  Good cherry tune that actually did sound like a closing song of a album (and for those that bought the album at Best Buy, myself included, it was the closing song).  But yeah, the album was a moody atmosphere and they probably think that they could fit one definite uplifting song in the album and choose All Ends Well, which I have no problems with.

Anywho, this is shaping up to be a good touring year for AB.  Some shows in Australia, four shows in Asia, 11 shows in the US with more announced soon, and some great positions during the summer Europe festivals.  I'm still waiting for an LA date, but I know that's coming soon, hopefully, so yeah.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #897 on: January 14, 2014, 07:07:05 PM »
I'm super pissed that they are only doing the festivals in Australia.  I was hoping for some side shows.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #898 on: January 14, 2014, 07:20:03 PM »
I'm super pissed that they are only doing the festivals in Australia.  I was hoping for some side shows.

Did you see them with Steel Panther a couple of years back?.   I did and wasn't particularly impressed - very muddy sound and the songs chosen were just okay.  Maybe it was partly because having Steel Panther open for you is a real curse  ;D ......almost anything would be a letdown.  About 30% of the crowd just left after Steel Panther too if I recall correct.

I'll admit I was there more as an SP fan , but even so they were just okay.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #899 on: January 15, 2014, 02:00:05 PM »
Tremonti > You

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #900 on: January 15, 2014, 02:24:43 PM »

Did you see them with Steel Panther a couple of years back?.   I did and wasn't particularly impressed - very muddy sound and the songs chosen were just okay.  Maybe it was partly because having Steel Panther open for you is a real curse  ;D ......almost anything would be a letdown.  About 30% of the crowd just left after Steel Panther too if I recall correct.

Huh, thats pretty interesting... I'm not just saying this because I'm a huge AB fan, but you are probably one of the first people I've ever heard say an AB show was a letdown.  They are usually pretty great live, sorry you had a bad experience, maybe it was an off night for them.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #901 on: January 15, 2014, 03:54:08 PM »
Maybe, that person was not really being accustomed to hearing the songs played at a speed that they were playing, back then. 

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #902 on: January 15, 2014, 03:56:27 PM »
Tremonti > You

That cuts deep.

How old are you?  12?

FTR I listen to Alter Bridge for the songs and not because I rate Tremonti as some sort of guitar hero.  I would rate him a very solid player
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #903 on: January 15, 2014, 10:32:53 PM »
Tremonti > You

That cuts deep.

How old are you?  12?

FTR I listen to Alter Bridge for the songs and not because I rate Tremonti as some sort of guitar hero.  I would rate him a very solid player
Calm down man, I was talking about the band Tremonti, which I was listening to when I posted that :lol. There was a thread about the band but was too lazy to find it.  I wasn't referring to you specifically.  :chill

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #904 on: January 15, 2014, 10:35:29 PM »
Apologies..................that's how it read  :angel:

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #905 on: January 16, 2014, 04:46:29 AM »

No, I didn't see them.  Having SP open is just weird.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #906 on: January 16, 2014, 04:53:14 AM »
it was a co-headliner tour  (sideshows to Soundwave I think) -  SP opened in Melbourne , AB opened in Sydney.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #907 on: January 16, 2014, 04:57:16 AM »
That's still just an odd combo.

Anyway, I don't normally like cash grabs, but I'm actually hoping they do something like AB3 and release some sort of tour edition of Fortress with the bonus track and maybe a live DVD or at least some live new tracks.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #908 on: January 16, 2014, 08:27:32 AM »
Ooh I did like that package.

If you don't like cash grabs, then you'll definitely will not like this  :laugh:

https://www.alterbridgeboxset.com

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #909 on: January 16, 2014, 12:37:10 PM »

Why does the song have two different titles?
On mine it says Outright. I got mine from Best Buy in the USA.

Anyway, it's a decent track. Probably the weakest on Fortress so I'm not surprised that it was left off the album.