Author Topic: The Official Alter Bridge Thread v. PAWNS & KINGS  (Read 256555 times)

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
Re: Alter Bridge
« Reply #525 on: November 26, 2012, 03:01:50 PM »
I think I heard a rumor that our very own Accelerando is a little fond of them.

Myself, I'm a fan. I have all three of their CD's and both of their DVD's. They are indeed catchy as hell and their singer has an amazing voice. My only complaint is that they essentially only write 2-3 songs musically and just kind of change the vocals on them over time.

I can't wait for a new Alter Bridge album to see a new Adami vs Accelerando battle.

I think there is an argument between you two in every Tremonti related thread  :)

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: The Official Alter Bridge Thread v. "Live At Wembley"
« Reply #526 on: November 26, 2012, 04:42:59 PM »
Well despite me thinking they are repetitive and him thinking they could never possibly do anything less than perfect, we both usually end up enjoying the albums anyway, so it's all good. :)
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
Re: Alter Bridge
« Reply #527 on: November 30, 2012, 06:41:52 AM »
I can't wait for a new Alter Bridge album to see a new Adami vs Accelerando battle.

I wanna throw myself into battle and make it an Alter Bridge Fanatic Triangle of Death! :corn

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #528 on: December 12, 2012, 06:14:50 PM »
ALTER BRIDGE PLANNING NEW ALBUM + WORLD TOUR FOR 2013

Guitar great Mark Tremonti may have spent a good amount of 2012 engrossed in supporting his first solo album, but it looks like 2013 is all systems go for Alter Bridge.

According to a tweet posted by Tremonti yesterday (Dec. 11), the Alter Bridge brain trust of singer Myles Kennedy, drummer Scott ‘Flip’ Phillips and Tremonti met up with their management in sunny Florida to plan the immediate future of the band. Although specific details were not disclosed, AlterBridge.com has confirmed that the band’s 2013 schedule includes a new album and a world tour.

“Had a meeting today with Myles, Flip, our managers and myself. Starting to plan 2013!,” tweeted Tremonti, giving fans lots to be excited about. The only member seemingly missing was bassist Brian Marshall, who also had to duck out of touring with Tremonti earlier in the year citing personal reasons.

The news probably comes as a relief to Alter Bridge fans, providing confirmation that the band is alive and well. With frontman Myles Kennedy currently out on tour providing vocals for Slash while Tremonti tours Europe through February with his solo side project, it’s been a busy time for everyone juggling multiple creative endeavors.

Alter Bridge’s last studio offering was their third album, 2010’s ‘AB III.’ Tremonti has also been working on a new album with his longtime band Creed.

https://loudwire.com/alter-bridge-new-album-world-tour-2013/?utm_medium=twitter

Offline Adami

« Reply #529 on: December 12, 2012, 06:26:44 PM »
Dunno about this. He just finished a solo album and I think I heard he either finished or was working on another Creed album. I really hope he still has good ideas. I also am hoping for a lot more diversity on this album.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #530 on: December 12, 2012, 09:29:29 PM »
After hearing the Tremonti record, I'm hoping that the drums will be more upfront. I know Scott Philips didn't play on that record but it was Michael Elvis Baskette behind the production who also produced the last 2 AB albums.

But even on the Projected record (project between Scott Philips, Erock and two members from Sevendust), the drums sounded a lot more massive than any of the AB records and Elvis was behind the production here as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73gb33xU_Go

Offline Adami

« Reply #531 on: December 12, 2012, 09:30:13 PM »
After hearing the Tremonti record, I'm hoping that the drums will be more upfront. I know Scott Philips didn't play on that record but it was Michael Elvis Baskette behind the production who also produced the last 2 AB albums.

But even on the Projected record (project between Scott Philips, Erock and two members from Sevendust), the drums sounded a lot more massive than any of the AB records and Elvis was behind the production here as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73gb33xU_Go

Yes yes, production like Tremonti's album would be amazing. I was really disappointed with the drum sound on ABIII.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #532 on: February 01, 2013, 04:12:09 PM »
OK, whoever here was the one to urge me to check these guys out:

I owe you one free pass in p/r.

I have yet to hear a song I don't like, and I've been enjoying them for at least the last year or so.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #533 on: February 01, 2013, 04:20:15 PM »
I gotta admit, the Tremonti album is my fav album that Tremonti has done, meaning Creed and Alter Bridge, I love it.  Love his voice and love the songs.

Come at me.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #534 on: February 02, 2013, 06:35:52 AM »
I almost agree with that.  I personally think ODR is his best effort, but the Tremonti album gets mad play on my ipod.

I'm excited for their next album.  I've read that they want to do something different and "not sound like anyone else out there."  I just hope they take their time with the writing/production and schedule a live show in Florida.  No ABIII shows in Florida?  What's that about :censored ?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #535 on: February 03, 2013, 04:00:32 AM »
I almost agree with that.  I personally think ODR is his best effort, but the Tremonti album gets mad play on my ipod.

I'm excited for their next album.  I've read that they want to do something different and "not sound like anyone else out there."  I just hope they take their time with the writing/production and schedule a live show in Florida.  No ABIII shows in Florida?  What's that about :censored ?

I thought that too.  Overall ODR is probably his finest moment but I still love this album, it's aging really well.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #536 on: February 03, 2013, 06:29:04 AM »
I still love this album, it's aging really well.

Yeah, I totally agree.  Way more so than ABIII imo.

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #537 on: February 03, 2013, 09:17:51 PM »
Yeah come at me too...

I think his solo album is the one that I listen to the most. The "solos" did seem to take a back-seat though but he seemed like he wrote an album that was just fun/bad-ass. A great "workout" album as well.

ODR/Blackbird have awesome guitar work.

I'm really hoping for some variety this time around but I doubt it. It would be cool if they did more tracks that were a little more progressive in terms of song structure.

Show Me A Sign & Words Darker Than Their Wings were the highlights of ABIII IMO

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #538 on: February 04, 2013, 03:49:03 AM »
I'm actuall surprised people agree with me, I thought I'd be an outcast with that opinion.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
Re: The Official Alter Bridge Thread v. NEW ALBUM
« Reply #539 on: April 30, 2013, 09:39:18 PM »
Press release from Loudwire.com

ALTER BRIDGE BEGIN RECORDING FOURTH ALBUM

It has been well over two years since Alter Bridge‘s last album ‘ABIII.’ But after a tweet last month from bassist Brian Marshall about writing new songs and news from guitarist Mark Tremonti that pre-production had begun, we’re now getting confirmation that recording has started. The album is slated for release in September.

In a post on their official website, the band reveals the following: “We are pleased to announce that recording has begun on our 4th studio album. First up to record is Scott “Flip” Phillips on the drums. Stay tuned and we’ll update you on the progress as time allows.”

The members of Alter Bridge have a lot of other obligations, so clearing everybody’s schedules must be challenging. Singer Myles Kennedy is the lead vocalist in Slash’s band; Tremonti, Marshall and Phillips are in Creed; and Tremonti also fronts his own self-titled band.

As far as the musical direction of the new songs, Tremonti spoke about it in a recent interview. “All of them are kind of real high-energy, just real fun rock/metal. We want to not be predictable. We want to make it a little surprising and we’re having fun with it.”

Alter Bridge already have a fall tour lined up. They are set to embark on a headlining run in Europe at the end of October with Halestorm. Kennedy says, “Thrilled to be returning to Europe with Halestorm later this year! I’m looking forward to reconnecting with the part of the world that embraced Alter Bridge from the start.”

I'm stoked! I hope Tremonti's description of high energy is stuff like One Day Remains and Ties That Bind.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #540 on: May 05, 2013, 08:48:35 PM »
Via Elvis: Some of the heads I'm setting up to start recording @marktremonti tomorrow on the new @Alterbridge record with jef_1…

[/quote]

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #541 on: May 07, 2013, 08:18:13 AM »
Looking forward to it.

The drums are done and Tremonti started tracking yesterday  :metal

I remember Brian said he was going to start the bass tracking May 8th

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #543 on: May 07, 2013, 08:12:35 PM »
Someone pointed this out in the AB forums, but in every production photo of Mark, he is tracking his guitars outside of the booth. Most guitarists I see track inside. This is very interesting.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #544 on: May 08, 2013, 07:01:57 AM »
 :metal      :hat

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #545 on: May 08, 2013, 10:14:49 AM »
Someone pointed this out in the AB forums, but in every production photo of Mark, he is tracking his guitars outside of the booth. Most guitarists I see track inside. This is very interesting.

Hmm I didn't know that about guitars. I know vocals are usually recorded in a booth though.

I really liked the drum sound/mix on Tremonti's solo album. Much more upfront and in your face than ABIII!

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #546 on: May 09, 2013, 06:50:58 AM »
My band is learning Rise Today.  When it was suggested, I initially bristled at the idea, thinking "It's Creed without whiny-assed Scott Stapp vocals, I'm going to hate it."  After listening to it a few times, I readily admitted "Whoa, this song kicks major ass."

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #547 on: May 09, 2013, 07:55:59 AM »
My band is learning Rise Today.  When it was suggested, I initially bristled at the idea, thinking "It's Creed without whiny-assed Scott Stapp vocals, I'm going to hate it."  After listening to it a few times, I readily admitted "Whoa, this song kicks major ass."

Yeah AB is one of the best hard rock bands out there right now IMO

If you like that track, check out songs like:
Ties That Bind
Come to Life
Coeur d'Alene
Still Remains
Isolation

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #548 on: May 11, 2013, 07:01:39 AM »

Whiteboard pic.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #549 on: May 11, 2013, 12:47:16 PM »
Unless my eyes are deceiving me, there's a track on this record call "Symphony"  :metal

Yeah AB is one of the best hard rock bands out there right now IMO

If you like that track, check out songs like:
Ties That Bind
Come to Life
Coeur d'Alene
Still Remains
Isolation

I will even suggest the following songs to that list: One Day Remains, Find The Real, and Burn It Down

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #550 on: May 11, 2013, 02:22:43 PM »
I will even suggest the following songs to that list: One Day Remains, Find The Real, and Burn It Down

This.  The first album is so damn good.  I think One Day Remains might be my favorite AB track.  I miss the days when Myles didn't play guitar, and his infinite glory was solely directed at the mic.

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #551 on: May 13, 2013, 02:06:34 PM »

This.  The first album is so damn good.  I think One Day Remains might be my favorite AB track.  I miss the days when Myles didn't play guitar, and his infinite glory was solely directed at the mic.

But then we wouldn't have gotten songs like Watch Over You and Blackbird :coolio

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #552 on: May 13, 2013, 02:12:55 PM »
Cool, I'm excited.

ODR and Blackbird are great, ABIII almost as great IMO. ABIII suffers a tiny bit in the sound department compared to the other two albums (still a cool sound though.. but when I switch I really prefer the other albums' production), and maybe it's just a tad too long with some songs sounding alike.

That said, I hope they delve deeper into the new territory of 'Slip to the Void'. I was almost disappointed when that intro with keys was the only thing 'like that' on the record.
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #553 on: May 13, 2013, 02:31:27 PM »
I also thought AB III was a little too long. I think if this was the track list for AB III, it would have been a masterpiece.

Slip to the Void
Isolation
Ghost of Days Gone By
All Hope Is Gone
Still Remains
Wonderful Life
Show Me a Sign
Coeur d'Alene
Life Must Go On
Words Darker Than Their Wings

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #554 on: May 13, 2013, 02:39:06 PM »
Agreed, though I would still add Fallout to that list.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #555 on: May 13, 2013, 03:28:42 PM »
That said, I hope they delve deeper into the new territory of 'Slip to the Void'. I was almost disappointed when that intro with keys was the only thing 'like that' on the record.
I got really excited when I first started listening to ABIII, and then nothing more came of it. Definitely the coolest and freshest thing they tried on the whole album.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #556 on: May 13, 2013, 09:32:38 PM »
I still say the bridge to All Hope Is Gone is one of the best musical parts in the entire AB catalogue. Along with Mark's solo....damn fine music.

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #557 on: May 14, 2013, 09:31:12 AM »
I still say the bridge to All Hope Is Gone is one of the best musical parts in the entire AB catalogue. Along with Mark's solo....damn fine music.

Yeah the man knows how to write a kick-ass bridge for sure  :metal

The one in Still Remains is awesome as well

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #558 on: May 15, 2013, 06:05:17 AM »
Yeah ABIII has its fair share of bouncy riffage.