Author Topic: Israel Assassinations?  (Read 19063 times)

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
Re: Israel murdering?
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2010, 09:51:34 PM »
2010 - 1948 = 6000!  I KNEW IT!
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline kirbywelch92

« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2010, 10:07:49 PM »

Haha, I didn't quite mean it like that. Just when you observe the history behind Israel and the rest of that region, the idea of assassinations really mean nothing because it's been implemented by every major country for the past 6000 or so years. I guess I'm saying you should never ever be surprised when you hear the words "torture" or "assassination" applied to a country because every single one of them does it, even the good old U.S. of A.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2010, 10:09:37 PM »
Your fixing of my post was EXTREMELY misleading then.

That's like saying "Catholics, raping babies for 1000 years" when you mean that everyone rapes babies.

Which is true, who doesn't rape babies?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2010, 03:02:52 AM »

Haha, I didn't quite mean it like that.

ORLY.

wtf is the internet?

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2010, 04:07:48 AM »

wtf is the internet?

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2010, 06:02:19 AM »
Dude, there's not even an actual, valid date on that thing: it says this "execution" took place on 01/01/0001 at 00:00.  And besides, it B'Tselem is involved, then clearly this wasn't a move from the government.

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2010, 07:34:17 AM »
Same story:

https://www.vosizneias.com/45589/2009/12/26/nablus-west-bank-three-murderers-of-rabbi-meir-chai-killed-by-idf/

According to the organization, evidence found in the homes of the slain terrorists indicated that in two of the three cases, IDF soldiers did not apparently act as if conducting an arrest, but an assassination. The two dead men's families said that they were unarmed and did not try to escape, but were simply shot by troops at close range after the latter discovered their identities. There were no witnesses to the death of the third man, the group said.

And also:

https://www.sott.net/articles/show/201453-Israel-s-assassination-policy

Since the beginning of the Second Intifada, Israeli forces have assassinated more than 200 Palestinians with the use of airstrikes, ambushes, or undercover forces. As many as 400 bystanders were also killed in these attacks.

According to international law, however, Israel's use of assassinations violates the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the Fourth Geneva Conventions. It is unknown whether the three men Israel assassinated were even connected to the Al-Aqsa Brigade, let alone to the killing, but even if they were, according to international law their assassination is still illegal.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 07:50:10 AM by ack44 »

wtf is the internet?

Offline Adami

« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2010, 10:54:02 AM »
At this point they're just declaring every israeli attack as an assassination.

Can I declare every rocket fired from gaza as an assassination or assassination attempt?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2010, 11:37:17 AM »
Of course not; it's only wrong when Israelis do it.

Offline Adami

« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2010, 11:38:54 AM »
Of course not; it's only wrong when Israelis do it.

You're not helping.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2010, 11:43:19 AM »
Please, you know as well as I do there's a double standard.  It's been written all over this debate so far.

Offline Adami

« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2010, 11:46:54 AM »
Please, you know as well as I do there's a double standard.  It's been written all over this debate so far.

Then deal with it. Obviously there's a double standard, but pointing it out just makes people deny it and think YOU'RE holding the world to a double standard. Just keep arguing the facts, double standard or no.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2010, 05:51:23 PM »

Can I declare every rocket fired from gaza as an assassination or assassination attempt?

It said 200 since the second Interfada, there'd be a lot more deaths if every israeli attack was counted. Hamas' missiles aren't assassination attempts because they are aimed at random people. Assassinations aren't as bad as terrorist attacks, although when you're killing bystanders it becomes the same thing.

Which of my posts exactly are you saying represents a double standard?

wtf is the internet?

Offline Adami

« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2010, 07:07:48 PM »
The double standard is that no other country is held to the same standards as israel. If other countries do similar things, no one talks about it, meanwhile if israel does it it becomes a huge deal.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2010, 08:30:45 PM »

It said 200 since the second Interfada, there'd be a lot more deaths if every israeli attack was counted. Hamas' missiles aren't assassination attempts because they are aimed at random people. Assassinations aren't as bad as terrorist attacks, although when you're killing bystanders it becomes the same thing.

Which of my posts exactly are you saying represents a double standard?

To part 1 of this post, the bystanders get killed because Hamas use innocents as human shields.  To part 2, what Adami said.

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2010, 12:29:02 AM »
The double standard is that no other country is held to the same standards as israel. If other countries do similar things, no one talks about it, meanwhile if israel does it it becomes a huge deal.

I suppose the Dubai assassination was a "huge deal" (and for good reason) but a Palestinian being killed by an Israeli soldier isn't a big deal, the reason being it happens all the time. I don't see the Dubai case as being "huge" just because it seemed to be linked to Israel. But obviously Israel get's more attention than other countries since the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is the front line of the broader conflict with the West and the Muslim world; that's exactly why we need to pay attention to what's going on in Gaza and the West Bank.

wtf is the internet?

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2010, 01:18:19 AM »
the bystanders get killed because Hamas use innocents as human shields. 

Did you even think about this for 5 seconds? It's like your mind works like a spam bot when it comes to Israeli issues. *innocent bystanders* .... click click click.... HUMAN SHIELDS. This isn't a hate Israel people v.s. love Israel people thread. Why do you feel like you have to defend EVERYTHING your country does? This is a thread about a specific issue: Israeli assassinations. Does a Hamas official sleeping in bed with his wife when being struck by an Israeli missile seem to be a case of a human shield to you? If people knew they were going to be assassinated they wouldn't be sleeping at home with their families.

Super Dude, I dare you to watch the video in my last link and actually give thought to it.

wtf is the internet?

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2010, 09:47:13 PM »

February 28, 2010

Spectrum: World Press Photo Awards

Rina Castelnuovo, Israel
A Jewish settler throws wine at a Palestinian woman in Hebron in the West Bank. Holy to both Jews and Muslims, the city is often the scene of violence. Castelnuovo captured the attack while photographing a celebration of the Jewish festival of Purim.

Disgusting.

Offline Adami

« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2010, 09:51:16 PM »
Very disgusting. There are plenty of crazies on the israeli side.

However, I notice you found a picture of a palestinian having wine thrown at her. Yet keep totally silent when palestinians throw rocks at israelis. That's the kind of bias superdude and I are talking about. Calling out one side yet ignoring the other.

And before you say anything, look up the threads I started about israel, most of them were calling them out.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Tuneman

• Banned from P/R
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2010, 09:59:08 PM »
It seems like establishment of Israel was immoral.  However both sides have been so childish maybe we should just remove the land from earth and shoot it off into space.  Neither of the sides deserve anything.  Im so fucking sick of hearing of this fight and its abhorrent the US is so involved.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2010, 10:02:47 PM »
It seems like establishment of Israel was immoral.  However both sides have been so childish maybe we should just remove the land from earth and shoot it off into space.  Neither of the sides deserve anything.  Im so fucking sick of hearing of this fight and its abhorrent the US is so involved.

Well you sound very grounded in your beliefs.  Care to explain how the establishment of Israel was "immoral?"

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2010, 09:38:48 AM »
UK to expel Israeli diplomat over Dubai passport row

https://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8582518.stm
The UK is to expel an Israeli diplomat over the use of 12 forged British passports by the killers of a Hamas leader in Dubai, the BBC has learned.

Foreign Secretary David Miliband will make a statement to Parliament later.

Israel has said there is no proof that its agents were behind the killing of Mahmoud al-Mabhouh in Dubai in January.

BBC Middle East editor Jeremy Bowen said the person to be expelled is likely to be the London head of Israel's secret service, Mossad.

Our correspondent said the expulsion would send a "very clear message" of British disapproval.

"It is a very big step for a government like the British to expel one of the diplomats belonging to one of its important allies," he said.

Strong message

Diplomatic sources stressed the British government has stopped short of accusing Israel of the murder.

However Mr Miliband has previously demanded that Israel co-operate fully with the investigation into how the passports were obtained.

Downing Street confirmed that the head of Britain's diplomatic service, Peter Ricketts, met Israel's ambassador to London, Ron Prosor, on Monday.

The foreign secretary is to make his statement at 1530 GMT on Tuesday after officers from Britain's Serious Organised Crime Agency (Soca) indicated they had found proof of the cloned passports.

The officers had travelled to Israel to speak to those whose passports were copied with new photographs inserted.

A spokesman for Hamas, a Palestinian group, said it welcomed any decision to expel a Mossad official but wanted international efforts to track down the killers stepped up.

Former Liberal Democrat leader, Sir Menzies Campbell, said for a diplomat to be expelled, Israel must have had "some hand" in the matter, or been unwilling to co-operate with Soca.

He told BBC Radio 4's World at One programme: "It is very serious indeed... there can't be a greater violation of trust for one ally to abuse the passports of another ally."

Last month Mr Miliband described the use of fake UK passports as an "outrage" and vowed that the inquiry would "get to the bottom" of the affair.

It is believed 12 fake British passports were used in the plot to murder Mr Mabhouh - the founder of Hamas's military wing - in his hotel room in Dubai on 19 January.

The names and details on the UK passports used by eight of the 12 suspects belonged to British-Israeli citizens living in Israel. All of them have denied involvement.

Dubai police have used CCTV footage to identify 27 alleged members of the team that tracked and killed Mr Mabhouh.

Other members of the hit squad travelled on fake Irish, French and Australian travel documents, Dubai police said.

Dubai officials said they were "99% certain" that agents from Mossad were behind the killing but Israel has said there is no proof.

Following his death, Mr Mabhouh's family said medical teams that examined him determined he had died after receiving a massive electric shock to the head. They also found evidence that he had been strangled.

Blood samples sent to a French laboratory confirmed he was killed by electric shock, after which the body was sent to Syria, they said.

Thousands of people attended his funeral at the Yarmouk Palestinian refugee camp, on the outskirts of Damascus in January.

In 1988 Britain expelled Israeli diplomat Arie Regev over a spying row. He was described by UK sources as a Mossad agent.

ANALYSIS
Tim Franks

Tim Franks, BBC News, Jerusalem

In the land where they love to talk, Israeli officials are staying remarkably tight-lipped. At least until David Miliband speaks.

"It doesn't look good," was the terse verdict of one former senior diplomat, before he decided it would be better if he said no more. Other sources suggest that this is a "standard dance" the British have to go through. They expected that the UK would not want this to be an "ongoing irritant".

There is a clear Israeli desire to talk this argument down from one where it could damage the wider relationship.

As for the more general Israeli view, that is mixed. Many believe that there is a measure of slightly unconvincing righteous indignation from the countries whose nationals had their passports cloned. Those Israelis argue that Mahmoud al-Mabhouh was as much an enemy of the West, as of Israel.

But there are a good number of Israelis who also believe this was a cack-handed operation, which blew the identities of 27 valuable agents, and caused an unnecessary diplomatic stink.

Offline Adami

« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2010, 09:51:48 AM »
Whatever works for them.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2010, 09:53:09 AM »
That should tell them, having an indefinite ally doesn't work.

Offline Adami

« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2010, 10:12:34 AM »
That should tell them, having an indefinite ally doesn't work.

1. It doesn't mean anything.

2. Israel probably doesn't care a great deal about england.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2010, 10:14:14 AM »
I guess they care so little that they don't even recognise that there's more countries in the UK other than England.

Offline Adami

« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2010, 10:15:56 AM »
I guess they care so little that they don't even recognise that there's more countries in the UK other than England.

Sorry, they don't care about england. They are pretty terrified though about losing scotland, northern ireland and wales.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2010, 10:17:40 AM »
Better.

Where would you get your...umm...bagpipes...and haggis if you didn't have Scotland?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 10:23:02 AM by acidrainlte »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2010, 10:19:51 AM »
Is haggis kosher?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Adami

« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2010, 10:20:16 AM »
Better.

Where would you get your...umm...bagpipis...and haggis if you didn't have Scotland?

We appearently have forged passports, we'll still get them.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Adami

« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2010, 10:20:43 AM »
Is haggis kosher?

Provided there's no dairy or pork in it, it could be, provided it was prepared properly.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2010, 10:22:53 AM »
Better.

Where would you get your...umm...bagpipes...and haggis if you didn't have Scotland?

We appearently have forged passports, we'll still get them.
Touché

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2010, 11:31:18 AM »
Is haggis kosher?

Provided there's no dairy or pork in it, it could be, provided it was prepared properly.
I still wouldn't eat it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Adami

« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2010, 11:34:01 AM »
Is haggis kosher?

I still wouldn't eat it.

I doubt even scotts eat it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2010, 11:34:49 AM »
I doubt even scotts eat it.
I wouldn't touch that stuff with a ten foot barge poll.