Author Topic: Israel Assassinations?  (Read 19062 times)

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
Re: Israel murdering?
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2010, 03:57:58 PM »
Better.

Where would you get your...umm...bagpipes...and haggis if you didn't have Scotland?

Don't forget the kilts!

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2010, 10:04:57 PM »
 Wow, a European country actually did something concrete to protest against Israel's malbehavior.

wtf is the internet?

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2010, 10:08:35 PM »
Wow, a European country actually did something concrete to protest against Israel's malbehavior.

No they didn't, they kicked out a diplomat or whatever.

I'd also like to point out that it's "israels alleged malbehavior". I have a feeling if someone accused japan of something there wasn't direct proof of, you'd be a tad upset.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2010, 10:13:59 PM »
Israel is your weak point, right? You can't give an objective answer regarding this matter. You diverge the focus towards the nationality of the poster as it haves something to do with this thread.

Offline Adami

« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2010, 10:15:19 PM »
Israel is your weak point, right? You can't give an objective answer regarding this matter. You diverge the focus towards the nationality of the poster as it haves something to do with this thread.

Are you serious? I'm willing to call israel out on tons of stuff. I have in the past, I have no problem doing this. But just because I'm not willing to jump on the whole "everything israel does is bad because they have an army and the palestinians don't have an official one" doesn't mean I am blindly pro-israel. That would be super dude. I am extremely critical of them. Just look up past threads I have started about them.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2010, 10:16:29 PM »
But you just did what I said, dude.

Offline Adami

« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2010, 10:19:23 PM »
But you just did what I said, dude.

No, I pointed out that he's implying that the dubai hit was israel as a fact, I just pointed out that if it were japan, he might not be so blindly accusing. I said this because he is a STRONG defender of the japanese. However, you accused of me not having the ability to be objective in my discussions with israel. I find this strange since I actually am rather fair, I just have a different view point than you do. Israel makes TONS of dumb decisions, I can accuse israel of many many things. Can you be critical of colombia? Of course you can.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2010, 10:21:38 PM »
 This is a pretty concrete protest if you compare it to leaders saying things about settlement building or a bunch of EU people getting together to discuss sanctions. Britain did their own independent research and concluded that Israel was responsible, so I don't see any reason to be upset by this.

wtf is the internet?

Offline Adami

« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2010, 10:23:36 PM »
This is a pretty concrete protest if you compare it to leaders saying things about settlement building or a bunch of EU people getting together to discuss sanctions. Britain did their own independent research and concluded that Israel was responsible, so I don't see any reason to be upset by this.

I'm not upset by britian doing what they did. They can do whatever they please. I just pointed out that overall, it's insignificant. It was in response to you claiming that finally something worthwhile had been done. Nothing worthwhile was done, there are really effective ways to punish israel, unfortunatly no western country seems to have the balls to do them, which is sad.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2010, 10:35:15 PM »
 I didn't say it was worthwhile, I said it was something concrete as opposed to just words. When's the last time a European country did anything against Israel, even during the Gaza war?

Four Palestinians were killed over the weekend, two of them teenagers.

wtf is the internet?

Offline Adami

« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2010, 10:42:18 PM »
As far as I saw, 3 palestinians were killed. Wrongly.

However, when you see people, who are often known to have bombs on them, are running toward you amidst a battle and are not listening to you or stopping when you tell them to stop, somethings bad things happen.

And I notice you didn't mention the thai farmer who died because the palestinians decided to aimlessly fire rockets into israel for no reason.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2010, 10:50:18 PM »
The Thai farmer that was killed wasn't last weekend but yes, Gaza militants did manage to do something with their rockets (not Hamas).

However, when you see people, who are often known to have bombs on them

When's the last time a Palestinian had a bomb on them? But discussing the killings without looking at the root of the problem, settlement expansion and new housing complexes in east Jerusalem is kind of pointless.

wtf is the internet?

Offline Adami

« Reply #117 on: March 23, 2010, 10:52:44 PM »
I assure you 100% that the housing problems in east jerusalem had NOTHING to do with gazans shooting rockets (I didn't mention hamas, I know they're TRYING to be legit).

That being said, Israel decing to continue to build anything at all in the west bank is the dumbest freakin move they can do. Pissing on abbas face is a less retarded move. It's for reasons like THIS that other countries should punish israel, not the dubai nonsense. You wanna punish israel? Stop funding them. Stop buying weapons from them.

However, don't get rid of dual american/israel citizenship, cause then I'm screwed.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #118 on: March 23, 2010, 11:08:49 PM »
That being said, Israel decing to continue to build anything at all in the west bank is the dumbest freakin move they can do. Pissing on abbas face is a less retarded move. It's for reasons like THIS that other countries should punish israel, not the dubai nonsense. You wanna punish israel? Stop funding them. Stop buying weapons from them.

Yep. Israel receives the most foreign aid of all nations. If Israel doesn't stop building, more Israelis and Palestinians will die in violence. Funding Netanyahu simply means more death and violence and hate on both sides.

wtf is the internet?

Offline Adami

« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2010, 11:13:54 PM »
Believe it or not, when the palestinians started (non violently) protesting and rioting in the west bank, I actually cheered them on and supported them. Take that emin.

The best thing that could happen is the right wing israelis lose power and they elect someone who DOESN'T believe in the greater israel nonsense. Sorry superdude.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #120 on: March 24, 2010, 06:13:50 AM »
Go ahead and talk all tough, but I'm not a right winger.  I'm just a Zionist.  And I really didn't appreciate your earlier comment either.  I can be critical of Israel too; I just defend them on principle, because it's not about the smaller fights to me so much as the larger ones.

Now leave me the fuck out of this.  PLEASE.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #121 on: March 24, 2010, 07:38:44 AM »
The UK jeopardises the goodwill of millions of ordinary, decent muslims every day by its support of Israel and in turn Israel treats Britain like this, copying British passports to murder. Why should we support them any more and instead foster better relations with the muslim majority world?

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #122 on: March 24, 2010, 07:41:21 AM »
Believe it or not, when the palestinians started (non violently) protesting and rioting in the west bank, I actually cheered them on and supported them. Take that emin.
If you don't want to invite me to your Palestine resistance parties, then fine!  :angry:

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #123 on: March 24, 2010, 09:23:18 AM »
I assure you 100% that the housing problems in east jerusalem had NOTHING to do with gazans shooting rockets (I didn't mention hamas, I know they're TRYING to be legit).

Btw, israelnationalnews.com had a news article up about this incident back when it happened. I was researching the incident and I read the whole thing. The article claimed that it was a Hamas-fired rocket, which didn't match up with what I was reading in other articles, so I left a comment challenging their claim. I'm looking for the article now and it's totally gone. LOOOL  :|

wtf is the internet?

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2010, 10:20:07 AM »

I lol'd.

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2010, 12:04:23 AM »
Australia expels Israeli diplomat over fake passport scandal

Israel has responded to Australia's decision to expel an Israeli diplomat over a faked passport scandal. An investigation has led the Australian Government to believe Israel is responsible for forging four Australian passports implicated in the slaying of a Hamas operative in Dubai. Australia's Foreign Minister announced the expulsion in Parliament, saying Israel's conduct was "not the actions of a friend". Israel is playing down the diplomatic tussle, saying its relationship with Australia will only grow stronger.

Yea, forging passports is pretty messed up. Not really the best timing for Israel.

wtf is the internet?

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2010, 12:25:12 AM »
Do you post anything in P&R that isn't anti-Israel?

Offline Adami

« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2010, 12:39:42 AM »
Yes he does.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2010, 07:29:08 AM »

wtf is the internet?

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2011, 04:30:18 AM »
It's been about a year since the Nablus assassinations. This time an innocent man in the West Bank was shot in the head 13 times while he was sleeping, as a result of Israel's assassination policy.

https://www.alternativenews.org/english/index.php/topics/hebron/3162-israeli-army-defends-hebron-operation-that-results-in-killing-of-innocent-palestinian

If Israeli government thinks they have the political authority over an alleged criminal's life, they should order the IDF to arrest them, not assassinate them. From what I've read, Israel has only officially executed one person - it was back in the 60's and was related to Nazi war crimes a.k.a. they never officially execute people - so I see no justification for these assassinations even from a purely Israeli point of view. Israel's government may not be able to prevent all the acts of terrorism that the Israeli settlers commit, but they definitely need to stop these assassinations and punish soldiers who kill Palestinians without even being sure of who they are, if they care about coexistence at all.

wtf is the internet?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2011, 09:33:50 PM »
So Adami.  I suspect that the majority of Israelis think as well of the Palestinians as you do (correct me if I'm wrong).  However, a lot of the official and military actions seem to point to a complete de-humanizing of them.  The incident in this article is indicative of a disregard for humanity.  I understand compartmentalizing and dehumanizing when dealing with perceived enemies,  but not bothering to identify somebody before treating him as such suggests that it probably just didn't matter.  Do you figure it's really to the point that they're unofficially, officially animals now?  That would be unfortunate. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Adami

« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2011, 09:51:38 PM »
The Israeli government is officially insane. If that helps anything.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2011, 10:05:43 PM »
I gathered that.  I'm more interested in the mindset of the rank and file IDF.  I gather that would represent a reasonable cross section.  I understand that there are always isolated incidents, but I'm wondering if this has become more systemic.  As I said, that would be very unfortunate. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Adami

« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2011, 10:12:08 PM »
They've been at war non stop (well pretty much) since 1948. At some point the enemy just becomes the enemy. They once fought hand and foot for independence, and at that point they believed in what they fought for and they fought to survive. Now a days, they know they can't really be touched, they've become lazy and unconcerned with the reality of the situation. Nothing is really at stake for them anymore. The palestinians are just numbers on a list. Casualties, either accidental or intentional, they're just numbers on a list.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2011, 08:15:34 AM »
The reason I'm wondering is that if it's just the government/military's position that they're sub-human, but the people still have some support for them, then things could someday change.  If the dehumanization applies from the top all the way down, then it's just pretty much hopeless.  Considering that two thirds of Israelis serve(d) in the IDF, that would create a fairly resentful populace if there really is a systemic hatred.
E.F. Benson

Offline Adami

« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2011, 08:17:48 AM »
The reason I'm wondering is that if it's just the government/military's position that they're sub-human, but the people still have some support for them, then things could someday change.  If the dehumanization applies from the top all the way down, then it's just pretty much hopeless.  Considering that two thirds of Israelis serve(d) in the IDF, that would create a fairly resentful populace if there really is a systemic hatred.

Some do, some don't. Just like anywhere else.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2011, 05:34:00 PM »
So, Israel released their report on the blockade incident. What was the point of this? I mean, internationally nobody is going to put any credence to a report done by an Israeli-internal committee. Was this meant to soothe the Israeli population?

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2011, 06:31:43 PM »
In other news, O.J. Simpson finds himself innocent of murder, R. Kelly finds himself innocent of peeing on a 13-year-old, and Bernie Madoff freed after pardoning himself.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2011, 06:39:05 PM »
Can we rename this the Official Anti-Israel Thread?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 08:27:43 PM by Super Dude »
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #139 on: January 23, 2011, 06:45:20 PM »
No.