Author Topic: Israel Assassinations?  (Read 19065 times)

Offline AndyDT

« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 11:45:26 AM by PlaysLikeMyüng »

Offline Dr. SeaWolf

• DT.net Member
  • Living in the pupil of 1,000 eyes.
Re: Israel murdering?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 07:18:58 PM »
I think it's funny that you Brits trust news sources with a "Babes" link on the front page :lol

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 07:38:29 PM »
Yes, Israel conducts assassinations. Welcome to the past 60 years.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 07:52:48 PM »

Yeah, since when is this news?

I think it's funny that you Brits trust news sources with a "Babes" link on the front page :lol

:lol
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 11:24:24 PM »
Yep, Israel does assassinations, they've been doing this for so long that nobody is upset when it happens anymore, even here in the Arab world heh
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Adami

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 11:25:37 PM »
In many cases I am pro the assassinations, which is odd since I am against capital punishment.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 12:28:43 AM »
Trust me, not all of us are like that.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 05:03:16 AM »

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 08:10:31 AM »
To be fair, this one does seem to be garnering more attention, nearly to the point of gaining some traction.  Has there been an instance where one of these things was actually investigated for being criminal?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 08:11:33 AM »
In many cases I am pro the assassinations, which is odd since I am against capital punishment.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 08:26:21 AM »
"My country above anything else."

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 08:43:29 AM »
No we're not starting this... :facepalm:

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 08:55:48 AM »
Even more amusing is the article on the side, headlined "Gwyneth Paltrow's cheeky kick up the butt".

Offline Dr. SeaWolf

• DT.net Member
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 08:55:56 AM »
That seems contradictory to me;  why would assassinations be A-okay, but capital punishment is wrong?

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 09:01:59 AM »
*shrugs*

And actually, I wanted to get into debate about how the Mossad used fake passports to accomplish the mission. What can these countries like France, Ireland, Germany and the UK do to Israel for forging their documents?

Offline Adami

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 09:37:41 AM »
That seems contradictory to me;  why would assassinations be A-okay, but capital punishment is wrong?

Honestly there is a rational. I am pro assassination in the cases where trying to arrest this person would end up causing way more deaths than just their own and leaving the people alive will cause way more deaths as they are persistent threat.

This doesn't mean I am pro EVERY assassination Israel has done, so don't start bringing up contradictary cases.

Now, whether or not this job was mossad is up in the air. If it were, I doubt everyone would be making such a big deal out of it. There have been tons of accusations, Hamas are now saying that other palestinians were responsible. I seriously don't see Mossad working with fatah on this.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 09:42:27 AM »
if this isn't a mossad job, then they are slipping.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline Adami

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 09:45:54 AM »

If this IS a mossad job, then they are slipping.

My hopes is that if Mossad are still who they were, this would have been quiet and not a news spectacle. This was much sloppier than a classic mossad job.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 09:58:17 AM »

If this IS a mossad job, then they are slipping.
Precisely.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Adami

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 10:00:13 AM »
I'd also like to point out that people have been changing their minds constantly about who's behind the dubai hit. Dubai blamed europe, then switched to israel, hamas blames israel and fatah and fatah is blaming hamas. Clearly no one has confirmed anything.

EDIT: It seems Dubai even arrested two palestinians for the murder and is currently holding them. They do however, have 10 european suspects who they for some reason are just assuming are mossad agents.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 10:08:21 AM by Adami »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2010, 10:25:02 AM »

Honestly there is a rational. I am pro assassination in the cases where trying to arrest this person would end up causing way more deaths than just their own and leaving the people alive will cause way more deaths as they are persistent threat.

This doesn't mean I am pro EVERY assassination Israel has done, so don't start bringing up contradictary cases.

Well all of that and there's a difference between a target for death that's political and one that's civil.  I'm not saying I condone or condemn either of these justifications, but it's just the same as asking why it's wrong to kill a person in cold blood and why it's right (or at least why nobody supporting a war has any objection to it) to be a soldier killing other soldiers.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2010, 10:49:28 AM »
That seems contradictory to me;  why would assassinations be A-okay, but capital punishment is wrong?

Honestly, that's the argument pro capital punishment give.

Offline Adami

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2010, 11:12:01 AM »
I've never heard pro capital punishment people say "We're killing this person in order to save other lives". It's usually "he deserves to die".

If israel can arrest the person without casualties, that's what they should do. But that is often times not the case.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dr. SeaWolf

• DT.net Member
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2010, 11:18:31 AM »
That's actually a good point.  For the record, I'm not against either assassinations or capital punishment, so it didn't initially make sense to me that someone would be against one, but not the other.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2010, 11:35:59 AM »
I've never heard pro capital punishment people say "We're killing this person in order to save other lives". It's usually "he deserves to die".
I actually think it's both.

Offline Adami

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2010, 11:39:38 AM »
I actually think it's both.

Well, the first argument makes no sense in most cases. And I've NEVER heard it before in my life.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dr. SeaWolf

• DT.net Member
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2010, 11:47:48 AM »
Yeah, I tend to think of capital punishment purely from a "punishment" sense, rather than a "deterrent" sense, as capital punishment clearly doesn't work as a deterrent, as there are still murders in states like Texas where the lethal injection gurneys have a waiting list.  It doesn't make sense to me to justify capital punishment that way.

Offline ehra

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2010, 11:49:19 AM »
I don't see how it would make any sense to use the "we're saving lives!" excuse to kill someone that's already locked up.

Offline Adami

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2010, 11:51:33 AM »
I don't see how it would make any sense to use the "we're saving lives!" excuse to kill someone that's already locked up.

Exactly.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2010, 11:51:50 AM »

The threat of dying is supposed to keep people from murdering other people.

It doesn't, of course. And it's not as if life in prison is a delightful prospect.

Offline Dr. SeaWolf

• DT.net Member
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2010, 11:56:32 AM »

The threat of dying is supposed to keep people from murdering other people.

It doesn't, of course. And it's not as if life in prison is a delightful prospect.

That's exactly my point.  You can view capital punishment as exactly that, punishment.  Viewing it as anything else is unrealistic.

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2010, 01:13:01 PM »
*shrugs*

And actually, I wanted to get into debate about how the Mossad used fake passports to accomplish the mission. What can these countries like France, Ireland, Germany and the UK do to Israel for forging their documents?

Many things from withdrawing intelligence support, weapons sales to giving Israel the cold shoulder diplomatically.

Offline Adami

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2010, 01:16:10 PM »
Germany, France, Ireland and the UK can't hurt israel in any possible way, so they can "act" all mean, but it won't accomplish anything.

Also, there's no proof that it was mossad, it's just dubai assuming.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2010, 08:20:13 PM »
This was much sloppier than a classic mossad job.

Apparently they locked the door from the inside to make it look like he died alone. That just sounds shitty, even if it was for temporary effect. Also there were electric shocks on his genitals, if that means anything.

Assassinations are bad diplomacy. If you're with war with a country and you're killing people left and right, that's one thing. But if you're trying to make peace with a group of people, assassinating their leaders is one of the worst things you can do. I hope the moderates in the Israeli government are pissed about this... if it was Mossad.

wtf is the internet?

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2010, 08:35:23 PM »
Well in their defense, Israel IS trying to make peace with the Palestinian people.  They're killing the people who would do anything to prevent peace.