www.wpapu.com (Internet Radio) - Wed. 6-9p EST, 11p-2a UTC

Started by Nick, February 14, 2010, 05:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

I need to nail things down for certain before I say anything more, I don't want to announce something and then have it not happen. :)

PlaysLikeMyung

Nick

I don't have that song, nor will I be playing it any time soon. :p

PlaysLikeMyung

Nick

2010-02-24: Alright everyone, here is another chance for you to get involved, and as an added bonus you might end up hearing yourself on the air. Record a short audio message promoting When Prog and Power Unite. In your message, at minimum, please include your name (real or screen name) and a reason why you love the show. Submit your message to info@wpapu.com.

ariich

:lol Come on everyone, feed Nick and Jeff's egos! ;)

And I know what the potential special announcement is... :D

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

veronica

oh man, I did it. A really stupid thing though, and suddenly I can't pronounce properly :P

Nick

Veronica, as far as I can tell you sent the m4a file, not the MP3 file. :p

veronica

What, m4a isn't good enough for ya? :P Sent it from my phone, you see. I can convert to AAC, but that's all I have of skillzors.

Nick

I found a free converter, no problems. :D

Also, your accent is awesome.

veronica

Ah, good then :D You know, this is the first time I've ever used the voice recorder on my phone..always knew I'd need it some day! And my accent awesome?! Awesome :D

Ultimetalhead

Nick

Nick

Ultimetalhead

PlaysLikeMyung

Quadrochosis

Quote from: PlaysLikeMyung on March 01, 2010, 01:48:45 PM
Requesting Sheep by Pink Floyd plz

This. I'll be listening but not in the chat because I'm at work. Hearing Sheep would be pretty awesome.

Ultimetalhead

Nick

2010-03-01
2010 - The Sexiest Intro
White Wizzard - 40 Deuces
Rush - Cygnus X-1
Pink Floyd - Sheep*
Royal Hunt - King for a Day
Blind Guardian - Run for the Night (Live)*
Nevermore - Believe in Nothing
Pyramaze - Ghost Light
Charred Walls of the Damned - Ghost Town
Muse - Resistance
Muse - Starlight (Live)
Coheed and Cambria - The Suffering*
Riverside - Dance With the Shadow
Jon Oliva's Pain - Lies
Savatage - Surrender
Circle II Circle - Evermore
Savatage - Chance (Live)
Transatlantic - Mystery Train*
Scale the Summit - Age of the Tide*
Bigelf - Money, It's Pure Evil*
Redemption - Walls*
Primal Fear - Under the Radar
Gamma Ray - Deadlands
Gotthard - Unspoken Words
Cornerstone - Wounded Land
Porcupine Tree - Strip the Soul*
O.S.I. - False Start*
MullMuzzler - His Voice
Silent Force - Live for the Day
Kansas - Child of Innocence
Seventh Wonder - Paradise
John Norum - Face the Truth
Dream Theater - Tenement Funster/Flick of the Wrist/Lily of the Valley*^

MetalManiac666

Sorry I left.  I tried to get the stream to work in iTunes for about an hour and eventually just gave up.

Nick

Arcaeus

What the hell, Muse? I thought your buddy refused to ever play them, let along two songs :lol sorry I missed it.

MetalManiac666

Quadrochosis

Awesome show Nick, one of the best I've heard yet. Cygnus followed by Sheep followed by Royal Hunt was probably my favorite WPAPU moment yet.

PlaysLikeMyung

Sorry I had to cut out early; stupid Interwebz stopped working

hefdaddy42

Sorry I didn't get a chance to come back, but I'm glad I finally got a chance to tune in, Nick.  Cool show.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Nick

setrataeso

Good show Nick.
So far, every show I've gotten my request met. Keep that streak going.
*goes and compiles next week's request list*

Quadrochosis

Hey Nick, is there a time limit for how long songs can be that are requested?

If not, I officially submit a request for Thick As A Brick to be played in its entirety. (40 mins)

Nick

There is no official time limit, but that's not happening. :p

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Quadrochosis

Nick

I actually love Thick as a Brick, however we generally figure on a weekly basis to have 90 hours of my stuff (including requests for prog), and 90 minutes for Jeff's stuff (including requests for metal).

If I play a 40 minute request, not only does that only leave me 50 minutes (excluding other people's requests... meaning I'd be left with more like 20 minutes), but it's not really fair to give one listener a 40 minute request, unless a LOT of people want to hear it.

Quadrochosis

Quotehave 90 hours of

lol

But seriously, I understand. All I can do is hope that a lot of people back me up here.

setrataeso

Quote from: Quadrochosis on March 02, 2010, 09:37:03 AM
Quotehave 90 hours of

lol

But seriously, I understand. All I can do is hope that a lot of people back me up here.

I will totally back you up, man. I'd love to hear some more Tull next week. If Thick as a Brick won't be played, any song by them will be great.