Author Topic: Just got a POD 2.0  (Read 1276 times)

Offline jfwund

Just got a POD 2.0
« on: February 08, 2010, 03:12:36 PM »
Just got a POD 2.0 used with carrying case and AC adapter for $80 (US). I'm pretty pleased with it so far. I plan on using it to run into my macbook to fiddle around with Garage Band, as well as for a headphone amp/practice tool, and occasionally use it as a preamp for plugging direct into the board at church.

I'm enjoying fiddling around with it, and was wondering if anyone had good settings for tones they liked, etc. I know there's the whole download thing, but I can't use MIDI w/ the macbook, and so was looking for some settings I could enter the old-fashioned way...

I was also wondering if there were any good settings for running a bass through it, or for an acoustic guitar...

Cheers!
—No, continued Aunt Kate, she wouldn't be said or led by anyone, slaving there in that choir night and day, night and day. Six o'clock on Christmas morning! And all for what?
—Well, isn't it for the honour of God, Aunt Kate? asked Mary Jane, twisting round on the piano-stool and smiling.
Aunt Kate turned fiercely on her niece and said:
—I know all about the honour of God, Mary Jane

Offline Basekick

Re: Just got a POD 2.0
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 01:51:18 PM »
I have an original POD myself, and while yours might be a bit different, I figured it wouldn't hurt to tell you what I do on mine.  I essentially leave it only on the following settings:

Modern HiGain
Delay (sometimes with Chorus as well)
High Middle
High Treble
Mid Bass (but Rhythm Pickups on my guitar)
Mid drive
Low-mid Channel volume
Low-mid effect tweak
low-mid Reverb

The tone sounds a little more digital than I would like, but it really is the best way to make your guitar sound like it has a good amount of meat on its bones without sounding completely over the top with effects.  The best lead guitar sound I've come across with my POD thus far.  Hope it helps!
"10,000 hours of practice - not talent - creates virtuosos."

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded."  - Jimi Hendrix