Author Topic: A Song and a Half  (Read 831 times)

Offline robwebster

A Song and a Half
« on: February 04, 2010, 05:42:04 PM »
Right. Here's a song I've been working on. I've left it to stew for a bit and I'm still quite happy, but I don't trust myself as a judge, so I want to know a. whether it's any good or no, b. how I could improve it, and c. which version's better. If anyone's interested in listening to a bit of music!

The thingybob says "Desecrate Me," but I've changed its name to Overcast Skies now. And I'll probably change it about fifty times more, but hey ho! I'm never satisfied with titles. Neither of these are brilliant quality, and all of the music is done by me.

Overcast Skies (Full Band Version)
Overcast Skies (Piano Version)

Cheers guys, really hope you dig it! Criticism is just as handy as praise, here. (Although I'm keenly aware that the keyboards in the full band version are HIDEOUS in places.)

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
Re: A Song and a Half
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 05:39:06 AM »
I really like the casiotone man.  A lot of people hate them cos, well, they're cheap and nasty.  But there's an element of fun to them thats hard to look past.  Really catchy lead lines, too!

Offline robwebster

Re: A Song and a Half
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 10:23:03 AM »
Haha, ahh cheers!

If I'm honest, the reason I used 'em is 'cause at the time I didn't have a proper keyboard. But I don't think they sound too bad. I mean they're a bit of a shock initially, but they eventually blend in well, which is a good thing. And yeah, I think they give it a bit of a bounce. The tune's a wee bit dour, so I think it keeps the full band version from getting too downbeat. Aha, I'm glad that's gone over well!