Author Topic: Mass Effect (merged thread)  (Read 67841 times)

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
Re: Mass Effect 2 *Spoilers*
« Reply #175 on: February 26, 2010, 11:03:11 AM »
Am I the only one who has virtually no interest in the DLC?
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #176 on: February 26, 2010, 11:03:42 AM »
Am I the only one who has virtually no interest in the DLC?
Yes.

I didn't pay for any of the ME1 DLC, but these ones are free! So I'm interested.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline RandalGraves

« Reply #177 on: February 26, 2010, 11:09:30 AM »
I'm definitely curious about it, but I'm not holding my breath.  I'm just surprised that after all the criticism they received about the Mako, they're going with some vehicle based levels.  Granted, I'm sure these will be linear but I wasn't expecting it.

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
« Reply #178 on: February 26, 2010, 11:11:26 AM »
It's controlled rather differently.

And it's free extra missions, and after the quality of the side missions in ME2, how could you not be excited? (sigz)

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #179 on: February 26, 2010, 11:14:48 AM »
They're free!? I was under the impression you had to pay for them. OK, that changes things a bit.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #180 on: February 26, 2010, 11:35:29 AM »
I'm halfway back to where I was as an Infiltrator and I'm finding the game much easier.  Looks like that was my only problem after all.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #181 on: February 26, 2010, 11:57:52 AM »
Eh, I don't know.  I feel like a total n00b, but I put the game down for awhile so I pretty much forgot to play and now I'm having a really tough time.  I'm playing as an infiltrator, but a friend recommended I restart as soldier.

Plus, for some reason I couldn't even afford to buy ANY new weapons and armors.  I feel like I missed out on something the first couple hours in.

OK. Here's the easiest way to play the game I know:

Make sure Liara is on your squad at all times. Make sure her Singularity and Lift skills are high.

If you have the Fitness ability, level it up until you unlock the Immunity power. Use that during combat and no one can hurt you.

To level up, go to the pause menu, select Squad and voila.

To use powers, hold RB during combat and select which power you want to use.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #182 on: February 26, 2010, 11:58:42 AM »
Does anyone else find they're taking Miranda on every single mission in ME2?  She's potent.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #183 on: February 26, 2010, 11:59:55 AM »
Does anyone else find they're taking Miranda on every single mission in ME2?  She's potent.
I preferred taking Samara if I needed someone with strong biotics.

I think the member I took to the most missions was Thane and/or Grunt.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #184 on: February 26, 2010, 12:01:26 PM »
I take Miranda with me on every single mission in ME2 because it's the closest I'll ever get to Yvonne Strahovski.

Offline Scurvy!Dreams

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #185 on: February 26, 2010, 12:03:22 PM »
I didn't really like Miranda that much, so I never used her in my first playthrough. But then I realized that Warp and Overload make her extremely useful in ANY fight, and her class skill gives a damage bonus to everyone in the squad!! So I definitely used her a ton on my 2nd playthrough.

Offline RandalGraves

« Reply #186 on: February 26, 2010, 12:06:09 PM »
I didn't really like Miranda that much, so I never used her in my first playthrough. But then I realized that Warp and Overload make her extremely useful in ANY fight, and her class skill gives a damage bonus to everyone in the squad!! So I definitely used her a ton on my 2nd playthrough.

Yeah, she's reliable.  And has a nice assets.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #187 on: February 26, 2010, 12:07:27 PM »

This, it's so great.  In my first playthrough, finding that oftentimes the availability of her biotic powers can make or break a firefight.  But that could be because I was the epic fail who decided to go Soldier instead of Vanguard.

:eyebrows:

Offline RandalGraves

« Reply #188 on: February 26, 2010, 12:12:49 PM »

This, it's so great.  In my first playthrough, finding that oftentimes the availability of her biotic powers can make or break a firefight.  But that could be because I was the epic fail who decided to go Soldier instead of Vanguard.

:eyebrows:

I've played through the game twice, once with a Soldier and the second time a Vanguard.  Unfortunately, I was playing through Insanity as a Vanguard so I don't think I had as much fun as I should've with that character.  Still, I liked both of their exclusive powers.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #189 on: February 26, 2010, 12:13:57 PM »
Well I found the only two powers that the Soldier had that I actually liked were Unity and Concussive Shot, and that's not much to work with.  I don't know what the Vanguard has, but my little brother used that class and he said it was so much better.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #190 on: February 26, 2010, 12:16:39 PM »

My first playthough I was a vanguard, and I was usually taking Mordin with me, along with Garrus/Thane, depending on whether I'd need overload or warp.  This second playthough I'm a sentinel, so I basically AM Miranda. 

Offline RandalGraves

« Reply #191 on: February 26, 2010, 12:22:52 PM »
Well I found the only two powers that the Soldier had that I actually liked were Unity and Concussive Shot, and that's not much to work with.  I don't know what the Vanguard has, but my little brother used that class and he said it was so much better.

I didn't care for the Concussive Shot myself, but I spammed the hell out of Adrenaline Rush.  As far as the Vanguard, it has the Charge ability that is insanely badass, but hard to put into good use on Insanity (well, for me anyway).

This guy seems to know what he's doing though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE56V5sVj28

Offline Marvellous G

• I'm not sure on the avatar swearing policy...
« Reply #192 on: February 26, 2010, 12:30:42 PM »
I take Miranda with me on every single mission in ME2 because it's the closest I'll ever get to Yvonne Strahovski.

Offline In The Wake Of Poseidon

« Reply #193 on: February 27, 2010, 09:58:31 AM »

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #194 on: February 28, 2010, 09:33:46 PM »
Return of the vehicle sections!  Hooray?

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #195 on: February 28, 2010, 10:26:53 PM »
Maybe.  Y'know the Mako wouldn't have been so bad had they just made its control scheme like Halo's Warthog.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #196 on: February 28, 2010, 10:27:37 PM »
I had no problem with the vehicle sections in ME1, though maybe the controls were better on the PC.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #197 on: February 28, 2010, 10:29:10 PM »
Driving the Mako on the Xbox is obnoxious.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #198 on: February 28, 2010, 10:52:20 PM »
Thanks, guys. I'm having a MUCH easier time with ME1 now.  After the initial difficulty of the beginning, the game leaves you plenty of room to do side-quests and level up between main sections.  Also, Liara is fantastic.  And the biotics help a ton.  Too bad the game doesn't really give you a tutorial about biotics-- normally, I wouldn't have complained about that but not having my instruction manual around kinda p.o.'d me.

« Reply #199 on: March 06, 2010, 06:22:24 PM »

Offline Portrucci

• Fission Mailed
  • You're just another hero riding through the night
on par with the anguish one would have from getting unconsensually bent over and buttloved.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member

« Reply #203 on: March 12, 2010, 04:46:13 PM »
As far as I know that DLC will cost money to whomever. But the Hammerhead DLC will still be free.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #204 on: March 12, 2010, 04:56:51 PM »
Bummer.

« Reply #205 on: March 12, 2010, 05:06:44 PM »
Well, I'm hoping its going to be cheap, maybe 5-8 bucks. That sounds pretty decent for 90 minutes of gameplay.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #206 on: March 18, 2010, 09:21:31 PM »
Just finished my second playthrough as an Infiltrator. So much easier since you can make yourself invisible.

No one died. Everyone was loyal to me.

Next I'm going to try a full Renegade playthrough. Probably won't start until the summer, though.

Any suggestions as to what class I use? I've already tried Infiltrator and Soldier.

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
« Reply #207 on: March 19, 2010, 04:55:08 PM »
Yeah, they always said there would be some paid DLC, some not.

I want my damn hammerhead, and that hanger looks like it can hold a lot more than just it!

« Reply #208 on: March 23, 2010, 07:35:45 PM »
Anyone get the Hammerhead DLC yet? It's free for Cerberus Network users, I'm downloading it now.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #209 on: March 23, 2010, 08:35:01 PM »
Will download later this week.