Author Topic: Mass Effect (merged thread)  (Read 67844 times)

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: Mass Effect (merged thread)
« Reply #875 on: October 24, 2017, 09:11:50 AM »
I've played the series twice, but I know I'll definitely play it again eventually. Just so rich and immersive. If you're going to play through the whole trilogy again then definitely report back with thoughts, musings, observations etc.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #876 on: October 24, 2017, 09:18:38 AM »
I think I've played through all three games about three times. Always such an amazing experience, the series is truly unique. :heart
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #877 on: October 24, 2017, 10:04:16 AM »
I love the original trilogy. Played through 1 and 2 twice. So much fun

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #878 on: October 24, 2017, 02:27:52 PM »
I've played the series twice, but I know I'll definitely play it again eventually. Just so rich and immersive. If you're going to play through the whole trilogy again then definitely report back with thoughts, musings, observations etc.

If they remastered the trilogy for PS4, I'd definitely play it.  :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #879 on: November 06, 2017, 08:45:15 AM »
I am seven hours into my ME1 playthrough. Here are some observations:

- This game has an incredible atmosphere to it. The world building is second-to-none. I feel completely immersed when I play it. :hefdaddy

- A general approach of mine has been to take everything in. I am not rushing through. This is paying dividends for me. :millahhhh

- The Citadel is amazing. Probably the best version of it across all three games. I have spent hours running around and completing side quests there. :metal

- There have been a few times where combat and driving became annoying. You can tell that BioWare was still figuring that stuff out. :|

I'm having a fantastic time thus far.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #880 on: November 06, 2017, 08:54:30 AM »
- This game has an incredible atmosphere to it. The world building is second-to-none. I feel completely immersed when I play it. :hefdaddy

- A general approach of mine has been to take everything in. I am not rushing through. This is paying dividends for me. :millahhhh
These two points feel related. I definitely did that on my second playthrough as well, just take my time and try and do as much as I can as it's all just so immersive.

- The Citadel is amazing. Probably the best version of it across all three games. I have spent hours running around and completing side quests there. :metal
Yes! I remember when I first played the games, getting back to the Citadel and thinking "ok it's cool and all, but it's not like it was in ME1". In most other regards, I found 2 and 3 a big step up, but the whole vibe on the Citadel in particular was just wonderful in 1.

- There have been a few times where combat and driving became annoying. You can tell that BioWare was still figuring that stuff out. :|
Combat does kinda suck, and oh my god the driving is just completely awful. A friend of mine stopped playing the series part-way through ME1 because of the gameplay and I can understand that, though personally I find it a reasonable price to pay (especially as it's only really bad in the first game) for what is overall the best game series IMO.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #881 on: November 27, 2017, 11:45:26 AM »
Checking in again... I am a couple hours away from the finish line, so I thought I'd give a few more thoughts.

- The writing is amazing. Last night, I was on Ilos speaking with Vigil, and as he revealed that the Citadel is just a giant mass relay for the Reapers, I couldn't help but think, "This is so clever." Everything about the exposition is borderline brilliant. You can tell the BioWare team was firing on all cylinders. :hefdaddy

- The inventory management becomes kind of addictive. Once I got the hang of it again, I started devoting a lot of time to making every character as well-equipped and powerful as possible. This resulted in me becoming an absolute wrecking ball, which I love, because I've played some games where your character is fully leveled up and you still feel as though you're a Level 5 Starter Pokemon. :censored

- I found Feros and Noveria to be fun but a bit of a grind. I couldn't play either for more than 30 minutes at a time. Virmire and Ilos, on the other hand, were epic. :metal

Online TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #882 on: March 05, 2018, 08:43:27 AM »
Has it really been three months since I last checked in? My oh my, how time flies! Since we last spoke, I've finished 1 and am almost through with 2 as well.

- The first game is amazing. It really builds and builds into something epic. I already mentioned this before but I found the writing to be on another level. :hefdaddy

- The second game is one of my all-time favorites. It's the game in the series I've played most. Some of the early missions felt a little too familiar - Not the game's fault but mine for playing them too much.

- Like the first game, the second one builds and builds. The loyalty missions are all so awesome and personal. I really enjoyed the ones that changed the formula a bit, like Samara and Thane's where there is no combat.

- Lair of the Shadow Broker is a phenomenal DLC. It has amazing cut scenes, fun combat, epic music, and a really personal touch with Liara. :metal

- I will play the Suicide Mission this weekend, which is two of the best hours of gaming I know. I'm super excited, but also nervous about making mistakes!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #883 on: March 05, 2018, 11:11:08 AM »
Mass effect 1 - Awesome, and I love it
Mass effect 2 - Awesome, and one of my favorite games every made. It was game of the year for that year as well  :hefdaddy
Mass effect 3 - I was feeling franchise fatigue at this point, but its decent

and of course:

Andromeda

Online TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #884 on: July 05, 2018, 06:36:22 AM »
Almost a year after restarting the original trilogy, I have finished Mass Effect 3. It was a truly awesome experience. Here are some final thoughts.

- I think I mentioned this previously, but the music in ME is world class. I actually downloaded the ME3 soundtrack this morning for my drive to work.

- Up until now, ME2 has always been my favorite. This time around, I actually enjoyed ME and ME3 more. I was really impressed by the atmosphere and world building of the former, and was just as impressed by the constant payoff in the latter.

- Say what you will about the ethics of paying $100 for the full ME3 experience with downloadable content included, but that final version of the game is really satisfying. I may have mentioned this before, but in my opinion, each piece of DLC remedies something the game was lacking originally. Eden Prime adds a cool new character to a relatively small crew, Leviathan does more world building, Omega adds a couple more hours of content, and Citadel provides great fan service. Perhaps just as importantly, they make the game less linear.

- If there is one point that everyone can agree on, it's probably that the series has all-time great characters. Sometimes, I even felt like I had real relationships with them! BioWare set a high bar with this group.

- Regarding the ending: I don't like the choices available, but some aspects of the final minutes genuinely moved me.

Anyhow, thanks to anyone who took the time to read. I look forward to another playthrough in a few years. :metal