Author Topic: Mass Effect (merged thread)  (Read 68342 times)

Offline robwebster

Re: Mass Effect 3 (merged)
« Reply #700 on: October 29, 2012, 04:59:49 PM »
Speaking of which, I have just, this minute, finally bit the bullet.

Covered my Mass Effect 3: Disc One with toothpaste, rubbed it right in, and then washed it off by dunking it in soapy water - absolutely terrified throughout. Feels wrong, doing that to a disc. Absolutely terrified, petrified that I was just making my problem worse and worse. But... it works! I've installed it to the Xbox, now, so as long as it recognises that I've put some sort of Mass Effect into some sort of drive I will never have this problem once more.

So, I can finally play single player again! I cannot wait. I'd just started an "Insanity"-difficulty run to get my final outstanding achievement when it all went kerplodey. With the new weapons, too. Joy unbound! Mass Effect 3 hasn't besmirched my loyalty in the slightest. Love it to bits. More, if anything. Beautiful, beautiful game. Beautiful trilogy. It's going to be a triumph. Bring on the insanity.

Also, fear I probably know the answer, but... anyone else still playing multiplayer? Collectors!! Turians with jetpacks!! Playable bloody volus!!!

New character tomorrow. Can't wait to find out what.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #701 on: October 29, 2012, 06:46:13 PM »
Also! Sorry, just reading the thread through again, couldn't resist...

The only thing I'm going into Mass Effect 3 wanting is lots of opportunity for choice, and also maybe more open battlefields.

This must be the epitome of "be careful what you wish for!"

:lol

I think my original wish was for something along the lines of Tali's recruitment mission in ME2, where you can storm the battlefield to the left, center or right, and where each option has its own set of pluses and minuses. The open battlefields in ME3 are more, like I said, run for your life.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #702 on: October 29, 2012, 06:49:01 PM »
Also! Sorry, just reading the thread through again, couldn't resist...

The only thing I'm going into Mass Effect 3 wanting is lots of opportunity for choice, and also maybe more open battlefields.

This must be the epitome of "be careful what you wish for!"

:lol

I think my original wish was for something along the lines of Tali's recruitment mission in ME2, where you can storm the battlefield to the left, center or right, and where each option has its own set of pluses and minuses. The open battlefields in ME3 are more, like I said, run for your life.
While truthfully I haven't even gotten to ME2, isn't the point of 3 that it's your last ditch effort to save the universe even when odds are sorely stacked against you?

Offline robwebster

« Reply #703 on: October 30, 2012, 05:54:48 AM »
Hahaha - aren't they all?!

Uniting the galaxy's probably the USP. Trying to find a way for the krogans to make peace with the salarians, the geth to... well, to make peace, and to get that bloody council to finally start supporting your galaxy-saving shenanigans.

But, oh... not even Mass Effect 2? So jealous! I started ME just under a year ago, now. Feels a lifetime. All-consuming. What a universe - and so many species you've not even met yet! Get cracking, sir. Before someone lets slip who the collectors are. Because that "someone" could well turn out to be me! :X

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #704 on: October 30, 2012, 06:00:55 AM »
Once I beat Borderlands 2, Dragon's Dogma, and Dishonored I'll probably play it along with Assassin's Creed III  :P
I stopped playing ME because of school and then I just got sucked into BF3, amongst other things..

Offline robwebster

« Reply #705 on: October 30, 2012, 09:32:10 AM »
I have... aha, my own opinions on what order you should do those in, so I'll just wish you luck with them. Do report in when you can, though!

Like the tactics are determined by your enemies, rather than yourself? I can understand that. Definitely moreso than in the previous games. What's your standard setup?

Offline robwebster

« Reply #706 on: November 05, 2012, 12:34:20 PM »
If anyone wants to play ME3 multiplayer with me on Xbox while I'm ridiculously drunk, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #707 on: November 05, 2012, 02:26:02 PM »
:lol I'd have loved to, but I have it on PS3. :P

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #708 on: November 05, 2012, 02:36:07 PM »
:lol I'd have loved to, but I have it on PS3. :P
You Judas.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #709 on: November 05, 2012, 02:37:46 PM »
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU RICH?!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #710 on: November 05, 2012, 02:40:31 PM »
TUCHANKA BURNS, RICH! The collectors are here and you're on PS-bloody-three!!

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #711 on: November 05, 2012, 02:43:29 PM »
:sadpanda:

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #712 on: November 05, 2012, 02:56:04 PM »
It's fine. I'll explain to the krogan chiefs. I'll tell them, Rich wanted to help your species, but sadly he invested in the wrong technology and now your planet is doomed. I'm sure they'll understand.

Incidentally... N7 day is Nov 7th. That's in two days. Less than, in fact, I believe. I have no idea what they've got planned, but they surpassed my expectations for Halloween, so I basically cannot wait.

This is already my wallpaper. Bring it on!

Offline robwebster

« Reply #713 on: November 23, 2012, 02:24:13 PM »
RIGHT! Operation Privateer, this weekend. Already active.

Squad goal: Deal x-thousand points of damage to shielded enemies.
Allied goal: Extract x-thousand times with batarians, vorcha or turians.

One last time. I am drunk and I want to save the universe on the Xbox 360. Who the devil is with me?!

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #714 on: November 23, 2012, 02:33:33 PM »
Who else is excited for the Omega DLC?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #715 on: November 23, 2012, 02:41:08 PM »
Who else is excited for the Omega DLC?
*raises hand*
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #716 on: November 23, 2012, 02:42:18 PM »
Yes! Me! Very!

I've put MS points on my Xbox in preparation. And bought the Alternate Appearance Pack 1 with what's left over.

I don't know if people are aware of this, but as far as companions go... Not only is one of them Aria, but the other one - finally! A female turian!! Nyreen something. Head of the Talon mercs. Three games, told they're an equal opportunity society... how have we not met one yet?! Gonna be so cool.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #717 on: November 23, 2012, 03:07:36 PM »
When is it coming out? I hope it's not December 4th!

Offline robwebster

« Reply #718 on: November 23, 2012, 04:23:45 PM »
Tuesday! Not December 4th. Nov 27th, I think?

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #719 on: January 20, 2013, 08:44:46 AM »
 :flame:

Edit: Take that you.....giant!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 08:58:23 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #720 on: January 20, 2013, 08:52:55 AM »
Don't remind me, that boss was probably worse or on the same level as the Deus Ex HR bosses.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #721 on: January 20, 2013, 08:59:59 AM »
Ok. Fixed! I have not reached the end of neither MF3 or DE:ER!  :blush
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #722 on: January 20, 2013, 09:31:23 AM »
How dare you do anything else before finishing Deus Ex...!!!!

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #723 on: January 20, 2013, 09:41:39 AM »
I started Deus Ex, but I couldn't continue after the first boss battle because: 1) HOLY SHIT WAS THAT A HORRIBLE BOSS BATTLE and 2) The controls are just god-awful on consoles, whoever mapped them should be kill and whoever came up with the idea of not letting me mapped them to my liking should be hanged, drawn and quartered.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #724 on: January 20, 2013, 09:47:31 AM »
How dare you do anything else before finishing Deus Ex...!!!!
I even uninstalled it....

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #725 on: February 09, 2013, 08:45:21 AM »
Question: Do you guys know if it's possible to get all squadmates' loyalty in ME2 without importing a character from ME1?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #726 on: February 09, 2013, 08:52:29 AM »
Question: Do you guys know if it's possible to get all squadmates' loyalty in ME2 without importing a character from ME1?
Of course it's possible! I did it with my third Shepard.

If you do Miranda's and Jack's loyalty mission early, it doesn't matter if you can't get them to calm down because later on you can get Jack's loyalty back through a conversation. But go either full paragon or renegade so you can be sure of not losing Legion's or Tali's.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #727 on: February 09, 2013, 08:57:15 AM »
In fact, loyalty is determined solely by your actions within ME2. First game doesn't come into it. You'll be fine!

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #728 on: February 09, 2013, 09:04:46 AM »
Of course it's possible! I did it with my third Shepard.

If you do Miranda's and Jack's loyalty mission early, it doesn't matter if you can't get them to calm down because later on you can get Jack's loyalty back through a conversation. But go either full paragon or renegade so you can be sure of not losing Legion's or Tali's.

Interesting! I might get Jack's out of the way early then so I can regain her trust later. Thanks!

Offline robwebster

« Reply #729 on: February 09, 2013, 09:07:13 AM »
Also, while the thread's active, new DLC teasers within the last couple of weeks...

I think I'm the only one who plays the multiplayer, here, so the first one's probably of more interest to most of you, seeing as the second's very distinctly set on Firebase Goddess. I'm very excited about both, though. Probable release somewhen around March 4th, to mark a year of Mass Effect 3, although people are speculating the multiplayer DLC might be released as soon as Feb. 18th.

One notable krogan in each picture, I'll point out.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #730 on: February 09, 2013, 09:17:22 AM »
Rob - I'll be buying a wireless range extender next month that will let me use XBox Live. We should play sometime!

Offline robwebster

« Reply #731 on: February 09, 2013, 09:22:59 AM »
I am 100% down with this! Them reapers are gonna rue the day.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #732 on: February 09, 2013, 09:27:29 AM »
I'm trying to get money to buy the Omega DLC and play through the game again with all the DLC.

Offline gm5k

« Reply #733 on: February 09, 2013, 12:27:33 PM »
Also, while the thread's active, new DLC teasers within the last couple of weeks...

I'd consider going through Mass Effect 3 again if they added a good hub to the game in a DLC.  The Citadel just wasn't enough IMO.  Quite expansive, but so little actual substance.  I need my relaxation and fun time in the ME galaxy even if the Reapers are breathing down my neck  :biggrin:

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #734 on: February 09, 2013, 02:39:00 PM »
I just spent an hour getting ME2 started. I'm excited to run through it again, although I wouldn't surprised if it takes me until July!