Author Topic: Stereo Satellite feat. Amob Members and Lukas Rossi from Rockstar Supernova  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Spiritus

I will be harsh but whatever. This sounds like some generic, forgettable 2000s nu-metal band with too much guyliner.  :tdwn

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
Do you think they actually enjoy their own music? I sometimes wonder with these kinds of acts.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Very meh. But better than a_mob. This singer fits the style way better.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bill1971

Yeah, posting this on a Dream Theater forum and expecting positive remarks is probably not going to happen. It's not my style but I am sure others like it. Nice to see Lukas still working, I actually enjoyed that show Rock Star Supernova. I remember that Australian guy had that catchy song but I never heard from him since. I think there was some girl named Storm who was a good singer as well.

Offline ErHaO

I wish the Amob guys in particular a good future, due to their multiple tragedies and hard times, so hope it is a success for them. So it is good to see these guys have found a new gig. My opinion on the music and their style in terms of looks, however, is extremely low to put it mildly.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Eh....its just like Seether and all those bands like that. Although it is catchier than Amob.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline pg1067

I actually enjoyed that show Rock Star Supernova. I remember that Australian guy had that catchy song but I never heard from him since. I think there was some girl named Storm who was a good singer as well.

I went to a taping of one of the episodes of RS: Supernova.  Storm was (is?) HOT and also a strong singer.  I only vaguely remember the Australian guy.  I actually enjoyed the prior incarnation -- RS: INXS -- better, even though I'm not an INXS fan.  I thought it was an interesting way for an established band to find a new member (could you imagine what Rock Star: Dream Theater would have looked like?!).  The Supernova series felt contrived from the start, with a "supergroup" formed solely for the show and likely without any real intention of staying together.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bill1971

I actually enjoyed that show Rock Star Supernova. I remember that Australian guy had that catchy song but I never heard from him since. I think there was some girl named Storm who was a good singer as well.

I went to a taping of one of the episodes of RS: Supernova.  Storm was (is?) HOT and also a strong singer.  I only vaguely remember the Australian guy.  I actually enjoyed the prior incarnation -- RS: INXS -- better, even though I'm not an INXS fan.  I thought it was an interesting way for an established band to find a new member (could you imagine what Rock Star: Dream Theater would have looked like?!).  The Supernova series felt contrived from the start, with a "supergroup" formed solely for the show and likely without any real intention of staying together.

I never saw the INXS one. A Dream Theater Super Nova would be cool but what would it be excellent drummers paying along to Rush or Yes songs?

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
It's too bad that the INXS thing went south and the singer that won fell into drug addiction. I thought they were pretty good together
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline ganpondorodf

• Calamity
Re: Stereo Satellite feat. Amob Members and Lukas Rossi from Rockstar Supernova
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2017, 03:18:40 PM »

Offline pg1067

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2017, 04:49:09 PM »

I never saw the INXS one. A Dream Theater Super Nova would be cool but what would it be excellent drummers paying along to Rush or Yes songs?

I suppose, although with the INXS version, they regularly performed INXS songs, which they couldn't do with Supernova since there was no existing body of work.  Watching JP and JR critique the performances (with JM saying maybe three sentences the entire season) would have been fun/hilarious to watch.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2017, 05:49:21 PM »
I had to turn it off as soon as I saw this

From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"