Author Topic: Blind Faith Appreciation  (Read 15541 times)

Offline Enalya

Re: Blind Faith Appreciation
« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2014, 03:11:05 AM »
Couldn't agree more, it's a masterpiece.

I always get chills when he starts:
Sick of all of this, the suffering, and we just carry on... (1:55)

The whole vibe and feel is just amazu. < 3

BUT I still didn't (fully) figure out what JLB meant with the lyrics, I'm really curious - every time I listen more questions pop up. Can someone shed some light on this?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 03:16:45 AM by Enalya »

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #106 on: November 05, 2014, 05:41:36 AM »
Would have liked this better if MP did not overpower JR in the Moog solo.

Nope, I'd probably have liked it less.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2014, 07:04:58 AM »

Same, MP is what makes this song for me. Some of my favorite drumming on any DT song.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2014, 10:23:15 AM »
JP's solo is just out of this world.  The icing on a very delicious chocolate cake.   :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #109 on: November 05, 2014, 02:55:44 PM »

BUT I still didn't (fully) figure out what JLB meant with the lyrics, I'm really curious - every time I listen more questions pop up. Can someone shed some light on this?

My theory about the lyrics is that it is someone who is very discouraged by the world and frustrated with God.  They see injustice, people with big houses and iron fences who are happy in their own little world and oblivious to the suffering of others.  They questions how God can allow this to happen and begin to think there is no evidence that God exists so maybe he/she does not but regardless, we must carry on with life and do what we can to better this place with or without God.  In this, they find hope that maybe the world is a good place.  Even withstanding all of the suffering, there is a lot of people doing good and we cannot spend much time worrying about God's plan because we will never know all the answers and we have work to do. 

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #110 on: November 05, 2014, 09:14:04 PM »

Same, MP is what makes this song for me. Some of my favorite drumming on any DT song.

Oh, MP did have amazing parts in most of the song. In the *Hammond-style* solo part, though, you had to strain to hear JR because MP's doing hits that are not jiving with what JR was doing. (Sorry, I said Moog earlier. I meant Hammond)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: November 05, 2014, 09:14:53 PM »
My fav part is still the 'still life pushes on' section.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Enalya

« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2014, 02:07:18 AM »

My theory about the lyrics is that it is someone who is very discouraged by the world and frustrated with God.  They see injustice, people with big houses and iron fences who are happy in their own little world and oblivious to the suffering of others.  They questions how God can allow this to happen and begin to think there is no evidence that God exists so maybe he/she does not but regardless, we must carry on with life and do what we can to better this place with or without God.  In this, they find hope that maybe the world is a good place.  Even withstanding all of the suffering, there is a lot of people doing good and we cannot spend much time worrying about God's plan because we will never know all the answers and we have work to do.

I see, thanks for your views (I don't say you agree or not). But my opinion is that we can do better with God. God has told us and tells us nót to allow that happening many times, but we are blind to it. Blind Humanity imo.

I'd like to discuss this with James xD

Offline a8ac

« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2014, 06:10:02 PM »
This song is perfect... Has a really fresh ambience, and one of my favorite instrumental sections (including one of JPs best solos) but what really stands out, are the lyrics, this might be one of the best lyrics Ive ever heard in a song, and Im being serious. The only thing I dont really love is the chorus... but apart from that, its a top 10 song for me

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2014, 06:32:40 PM »
I think JP's solo is the highlight of the song for me.  The intro is a close 2nd.  The chorus ain't too shabby either.   :biggrin:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline badger

« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2014, 09:09:14 AM »
Everything about it is incredible. 
When did we all let you down?

Offline Raise the Drum

• ::::::::::|...|::::::::::
  • Ñ
« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2014, 09:48:19 AM »
I've always found amazing that part where Jordan makes the piano break. I like the way that fits in the song, it doesn't feel like it's interrupting something. It's flows nicely and help the song to take a breath between JP solo and JR solo.

In a more general view the way that the instrumental part is arranged is a cool estructure of an instrumental part.
I mean:
               Guitar solo
               Riff
               Piano break
               Keyboard solo
               Unison

I find that all of those 5 songs from the first part of 6DOIT have unique and very interesting instrumental parts, i feel that those are elements where you can see the experimental atmosphere of the album.