Author Topic: The Depressed/Angry Thread.  (Read 255355 times)

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
Re: The Depressed/Angry Thread.
« Reply #945 on: August 07, 2011, 04:04:13 PM »
Thanks, now excuse me while I make a personal recommendation for you at Kennedy Law. :p
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #946 on: August 07, 2011, 04:06:17 PM »
I will be 100% honest.

That went way over my head.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #947 on: August 07, 2011, 04:10:42 PM »
Meaning you scratch my back, I scratch yours. :P

Or if that's not what got you, Harvard's law school.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #948 on: August 07, 2011, 04:12:11 PM »
There you go! Granted, I'd probably rather go to NYU law. Much more applied. Harvard is for dudes that want to get into business law doing boring mergers for billions of dollars.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #949 on: August 07, 2011, 04:18:59 PM »
From a "friend" of mine who was determined at the beginning of this summer to patch things up between us.  We've been engaged in a number of political debates since then.  Names have been replaced for anonymity.

Hey SD,

I live in a universe where prefixing a massive essay with "I'm not being rude" means you're magically absolved of any rudeness.

Thanks,

Shithead

I would just like to point out from the get-go that the political ideas he accuses me of having are completely mischaracterized.  I never said someone should be forced at gunpoint to prescribe to government programs.
I think the flaw in Shithead's argument is that he's trying to tell you you're a bully by means of a thirteen-paragraph essay listing the precise reasons that you suck.

Sounds like you're just as confident in your beliefs as one another. The essay's not quite "why you should listen to me in all things," but he's never stepped back to consider the idea that maybe he's in a bit of a glass house with the humility thing. That's pretty telling.

Note, also, that you never asked his opinion - and yet for some reason he presumes he's got your full attention, and that you should regard his words with even a lick of value. It's tarted up a little with clever psychobabble, but it doesn't add much other than superiority. And it reeks of busy-bodying. If he's not invited into your life, he'll force himself into your life.

My guess? It's been a very long time since anyone's told that guy that he's wrong. Although, then again, I don't have a friend who's a psychologist. Call it a hunch.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #950 on: August 07, 2011, 04:32:12 PM »
Can't say I don't like that analysis Rob, thanks. It just makes my day that you were able to use Shithead so matter-of-factly to respond. :lol

And I do tell him all the time he's wrong (granted, it's not like I go seeking an argument or that I never consider his opinions, but sometimes it's hard to considering the absurd hypotheses he conjures), or try gently to turn him on a more correct trajectory. Well, lesson learned.

Also, in case anyone was wondering, as the email suggests we have been "friends" for a long time (in fact we've been friends with quotes for the better part of a decade).  His behavior has irked me for years and years, and I suppose he's not wrong in saying it has had its own psychological effect on me, along with other things in those younger days.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 04:45:03 PM by Super Dude »

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
  • and the gas has been cut off
« Reply #951 on: August 07, 2011, 06:08:02 PM »
wow.
When I started reading your post, I was like, "I don't like this Shithead, at all."

Then I continued, and it almost seemed like he was being less of an ass, and I thought, "Well, maybe he isn't after all."

after having read the entire post, my position is clear; that guy is a fucking asshat. he's easily one of the smarmiest douchebags I've seen (well, read about) in a long time.

now if it seems to you like you no longer value his "friendship" and you decided, for whatever reason (i.e. he's a huge prick, he keeps sending similar emails to that above) to go your own ways, please tell that guy that he's a shithead (for me).

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #952 on: August 07, 2011, 06:59:12 PM »
 :lol

I mean you don't have to be a yes man for my sake, but I have to be honest, I feel the same. :P

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #953 on: August 07, 2011, 07:15:33 PM »
you don't have to be a yes man for my sake
trust me, I'm not.
I just don't like dickheads.

I have to be honest, I feel the same. :P

you should reply with a troll email, that only contains this

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #954 on: August 07, 2011, 07:16:15 PM »
you don't have to be a yes man for my sake
trust me, I'm not.
I just don't like dickheads.

I have to be honest, I feel the same. :P

you should reply with a troll email, that only contains this

I'm considering it. :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #955 on: August 07, 2011, 07:26:33 PM »
When I get p*ssed off . I go play my drums

:)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #956 on: August 07, 2011, 07:27:22 PM »
When I get p*ssed off . I go play my drums

:)

Oh my god that helps so much.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #957 on: August 07, 2011, 07:39:55 PM »
My mom took apart my drum set AND LOST A PART. >:(

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #958 on: August 07, 2011, 07:40:23 PM »
Kill her.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #959 on: August 07, 2011, 09:28:11 PM »
I don't have a drum kit..  :sadpanda:

It's one of my life goals to get one, and eventually learn to play A Change of Seasons on drums. :metal

Offline xShammas

• SHAAAAMMAAAAAS TAAAAKE MYYY HAAAAND!!!
« Reply #960 on: August 07, 2011, 09:30:18 PM »
I've been struggling lately. My mom lost her job about a month ago, so I've been working 45+ hours a week at my shitty job and spending the money I have saved for school to pay our bills.
And I'm still lonely.
 :sadpanda:

Offline Ħ

« Reply #961 on: August 07, 2011, 09:38:19 PM »
I've missed my Zoloft for a couple days.  Feeling positively terrible.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #962 on: August 08, 2011, 12:00:29 AM »

Do you see a therapist?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ħ

« Reply #963 on: August 08, 2011, 12:19:50 AM »

Do you see a therapist?
Used to, but I missed an appointment and am kinda scared to call.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #964 on: August 08, 2011, 12:54:55 AM »
I don't get it. I have so much self confidence.... more than I had in the last year of my relationship... I am still losing weight... A job pretty much fell into my lap... I am getting out and am being around people... I have reconnected with old friends... yet I can still be fucking kicked in the nuts with wave of depression so bad I wish i could just die. I dont get it.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #965 on: August 08, 2011, 12:58:05 AM »
I've been struggling lately. My mom lost her job about a month ago, so I've been working 45+ hours a week at my shitty job and spending the money I have saved for school to pay our bills.
And I'm still lonely.
 :sadpanda:

I'm really sorry to hear that dude.  Well I'm sure it'll turn around soon, everyone here is pulling for you.

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #966 on: August 08, 2011, 01:00:07 AM »
Jay: Perhaps it's anxiety, due to your life changing so much in such a short amount of time.  That and it takes a while fir your mind to recoup from a negative period in life.

Back in April, drumline season ended after like 7 months.  I hate my drumline experience and was extremely glad for it to be all over. The week after I got home from finals, I was mega-depressed/lethargic.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #967 on: August 08, 2011, 01:48:29 AM »
Plus I just found out my best friend is in the hospital. :sadpenguin:
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #968 on: August 08, 2011, 01:51:26 AM »
What is his health issue that put him there?   :sad:

Regardless of what's got him down, I wish him a successful overcommance.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #969 on: August 08, 2011, 02:06:56 AM »
Migraines...  idk nothing too major... just had me in an anxiety attack for a few hours

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #970 on: August 08, 2011, 02:08:52 AM »
Good that it was nothing too bad.

Let's just hope that that's the last negative and stressful thing to be happening to you for a long while.

Online chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #971 on: August 08, 2011, 07:18:45 AM »

Do you see a therapist?
Used to, but I missed an appointment and am kinda scared to call.

What is there to be scared about?

Offline Ħ

« Reply #972 on: August 08, 2011, 08:19:04 AM »
So basically last night I slept zero hours and have a full day of class ahead of me and before that I slept 14 hours til 3pm for no good reason and ate a truckload of junkfood and broke out a lot and I forgot to take my depression medication so I feel absolutely terrible...basically I haven't felt this way for about six months, back when I failed all my classes due to this. :(

Offline xShammas

• SHAAAAMMAAAAAS TAAAAKE MYYY HAAAAND!!!
« Reply #973 on: August 08, 2011, 10:20:14 PM »
My phone broke and I have to pay our rent again next month, but at least I get food stamps now!!!  :metal

Offline Shadow2222

Re: The Depressed Thread.
« Reply #974 on: August 23, 2011, 02:04:33 PM »
I'm not super depressed like I was a few weeks ago, but man do I feel lonely. It is so hard to find a gay guy in this school. I know its my senior year and I can wait, but I dunno... I just feel REALLY lonely.

I know it may not help much, but I echo what lonestar and reaperkk said. Dude, life after high school is way better. Of course, there will be some growing pains there as well, but the good outweighs the bad by far.

Wow, I just randomly happened upon this post earlier. I know I'm not super well known here, but I wanted to say thanks to anyone that had commented upon this and my other thread.

Here I am all of this time later 6 months into a relationship with the man of my dreams. I am so in love with him, and have never felt so good before  :D
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline ACID_FOX

• DTF's Offical Arctic Monkeys Fanboy.
  • But You're Just Fiction, And I'm A Twisted Boy.
Re: The Depressed Thread.
« Reply #975 on: August 24, 2011, 12:44:15 AM »
I'm not super depressed like I was a few weeks ago, but man do I feel lonely. It is so hard to find a gay guy in this school. I know its my senior year and I can wait, but I dunno... I just feel REALLY lonely.

I know it may not help much, but I echo what lonestar and reaperkk said. Dude, life after high school is way better. Of course, there will be some growing pains there as well, but the good outweighs the bad by far.

Wow, I just randomly happened upon this post earlier. I know I'm not super well known here, but I wanted to say thanks to anyone that had commented upon this and my other thread.

Here I am all of this time later 6 months into a relationship with the man of my dreams. I am so in love with him, and have never felt so good before  :D

Good for you man!
I only like ablums that I can xanascholithoun.

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #976 on: August 24, 2011, 01:24:50 AM »
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #977 on: August 24, 2011, 11:36:42 AM »
Not depressed, but fucking pissed.

The class I was most looking forward to next year has now turned into a "work-at-your-own-pace" virtual class on a computer. I no longer have a teacher, and I'll be having a fucking bot teaching me one of the hardest things you can learn at the high school level just because our fuckhead of a governor decided to cut 10 million bucks to the school district. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

I needed that.

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #978 on: August 24, 2011, 12:49:03 PM »
That sucks  :-\ what class was it?

Offline robwebster

« Reply #979 on: August 24, 2011, 12:50:03 PM »
That sucks  :-\ what class was it?
Soothing the Beast Within 101.