Author Topic: The Depressed/Angry Thread.  (Read 255385 times)

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
  • and the gas has been cut off
Re: The Depressed/Angry Thread.
« Reply #805 on: April 30, 2011, 03:11:18 PM »
I understand the feeling, but I have wayy too many "free" days to myself. I'd rather enjoy the company of some friends.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #806 on: April 30, 2011, 09:10:12 PM »
2 year anniversary of my father's death.

fuck...

plus all this other shit...

fuck.

FUCK APRIL.

horrible month.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Metropolis Pt. II

• DT.net Member
  • Let's roll!
« Reply #807 on: April 30, 2011, 09:13:48 PM »
Man, I can't say that I can relate to what you're dealing with, but from what you have been posting, my heart really goes out to you, man. I can't imagine what it's like to go through all of that...I don't know what kind of advice to give you, but I will keep you in prayer. It's the best I can do.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #808 on: April 30, 2011, 09:23:55 PM »
thanks

ugh it just never fucking ends
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #809 on: April 30, 2011, 10:17:34 PM »
Man, I can't say that I can relate to what you're dealing with, but from what you have been posting, my heart really goes out to you, man. I can't imagine what it's like to go through all of that...I don't know what kind of advice to give you, but I will keep you in prayer. It's the best I can do.

This x1000.
Very well said, Metropolis.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #810 on: April 30, 2011, 10:47:35 PM »
2 year anniversary of my father's death.

fuck...

plus all this other shit...

fuck.

FUCK APRIL.

horrible month.

That is how I feel about May. The anniversary of my mom's death is May 4th, Mother's Day is in May, and my birthday is as well (I hate birthdays).

Offline In The Name Of Rudess

« Reply #811 on: May 01, 2011, 12:33:27 AM »
Does this just make me the biggest introvert ever?

No. But it does make you an introvert. And there's nothing wrong with that. Don't fall into western society's trap of believing introverts are inferior to extroverts.

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #812 on: May 01, 2011, 10:24:42 AM »
I hate birthdays

Any particular reason why? I'm not trying to antagonize; I feel the same way about weddings.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #813 on: May 01, 2011, 03:19:51 PM »
last night turned into a huge fight. I called her out on the fact that, even though she is the person on earth I am closest to. the only person i truly trust... She basically blew me off when I was depressed and wanted to talk to her. Not about her and I, but about my dad. Like... I was in a  bad place... worse I have been... and she didnt give a fuck. Through everything, she has been my BEST friend for the past 6 years... and for her not to even ask how I am doing... (none of my closest friends asked... when They all knew what the day was... )  It hurts. It hurt so bad that i almost fucking ended it. i fucking should have. but instead I just have a nice gash and bruise on my arm. 

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #814 on: May 01, 2011, 03:38:12 PM »
last night turned into a huge fight. I called her out on the fact that, even though she is the person on earth I am closest to. the only person i truly trust... She basically blew me off when I was depressed and wanted to talk to her. Not about her and I, but about my dad. Like... I was in a  bad place... worse I have been... and she didnt give a fuck. Through everything, she has been my BEST friend for the past 6 years... and for her not to even ask how I am doing... (none of my closest friends asked... when They all knew what the day was... )  It hurts. It hurt so bad that i almost fucking ended it. i fucking should have. but instead I just have a nice gash and bruise on my arm. 

Dude, with all due respect, get out of there. Move out. Nothing good is going to come out of living with her and her family. Nothing.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #815 on: May 01, 2011, 03:41:49 PM »
Um...dude, cutting yourself is not the way to go. I'd seek a therapist. Maybe they can help you through all this.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #816 on: May 01, 2011, 10:15:29 PM »

Um...dude, cutting yourself is not the way to go. I'd seek a therapist. Maybe they can help you through all this.

I never thought I would ever be depressed enough to do it. Let alone twice.  No its not a cry for attention.. I'm telling.you guys because its nice to feel like someone cares. I did some fucked up shit earlier today.  I feel horrible.  I am such a fucked up person. I hurt her so.  baldly todày because of my selfishness and stupidity.   Fuck.  Her whole family is pissed. Fuck. I'm an idiot he.      Hey I love you all. I just want to let you guys know I love you.  All of you.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #817 on: May 01, 2011, 10:23:26 PM »
Jay, move out right away.  You need to help yourself, no one person is that important to do that to yourself.  Please, for all of us here.  Get your self help and move out.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #818 on: May 01, 2011, 10:23:54 PM »
We love you too dude, but seriously, get out of there as soon as possible. Move home if possible. Or find a friend to crash with for a bit. Or get an apartment. But living there with her is just gonna make things hard for you and her. It's really not worth the trouble man. If you want to one day be friends with her, you need to space yourself from her now and just give you both time to heal and accept it for what it is.

• DT.net Member
  • Let's roll!
« Reply #819 on: May 01, 2011, 10:49:40 PM »
^ As hard as that might be to think about, it is probably your best option at this point. Please take care of yourself...

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #820 on: May 01, 2011, 11:00:01 PM »
I have to wait. No Job no car its going to be a few months beforei can get out.   And I have no where to stay. I have a friend who lives in Hollywood... butits just too far away.   
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 01:26:20 AM by JayOctavarium »

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #821 on: May 02, 2011, 01:33:19 AM »
fuck my above post... because I was fucking drunk with depression a few hours ago.. and was trying to post from my phone.

I  fucked up. I sliced the fuck out of my arm... after spending all day trying to contact people... Like... i was freaking out.  Then i sent her a picture. Yes. I cant believe i fucking did it. Well... Her mother... (who drives me in fucking sane... sometimes... but deep down... she cares... ) found out... saw the picture... and wanted to talk to me.  I was freaking out... afraid she was going to kick me out. I thought it was over... I thought I had lost it.

Well... after a long talk... I was afraid it was going to be bad... really bad... but it wasnt. She actually made me feel really good about myself. I havent felt that in like a year... She is going to help me. With getting professorial help. She is going to help me get on my feet... Help me find a car  (she works in the auto industry)... and just... help me. I am going to mend our relationship... Going to start at square one and see where it goes. And if i wind up with just a friend out of her... i guess.. i... will... be ok... I want more. But... I am done being stupid.  I am still deeply depressed... I am probably going to rant on here... but... I am done being a dumbass. 

Thank you again. I seriously am sorry for all the whiny posts... it is just nice to be able to get shit off my chest... with people whom I have a common interest with. I know I said it earlier... but... I like... love... feeling like I'm part of a community. DTF... is one of the few places on the INTERWEBZ that I actually fit in.

-J8VRM

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jsem

« Reply #822 on: May 02, 2011, 02:08:36 AM »
Man, I hope you get back on your feet ASAP.

• DT.net Member
  • Let's roll!
« Reply #823 on: May 03, 2011, 01:37:08 AM »
That's great to hear that she is willing to help you out. That's very encouraging; I'm glad.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #824 on: May 03, 2011, 06:00:33 AM »
 :tup

Just a word of advice, DON'T try and turn your relationship with your ex into a romantic one now. Maybe some day down the road. But you are in no state for a relationship at the moment, and if you try to, it will only make things worse. For now, like you said, just be friends. After you get through all of this, then maybe you guys will get back together. But if not, life goes on, and someone new will come along.

For now, don't even worry about relationships or anything like that. Sort out what you need to and take care of yourself.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #825 on: May 03, 2011, 11:40:44 AM »
Another night of me falling asleep confident... and then waking up the next morning, realizing that there is no fucking reason or need for me to be up, or even here... and I try to go back to sleep but with no luck. so I smile and I'll learn to pretend And I'll never be open again And I have no more dreams to defend And I'll never be open again..

fuck.

that is all.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #826 on: May 07, 2011, 07:33:10 PM »
God. It would be really nice to have friends who would actually want to hang out with me... I cant stand being alone... And when I am not hanging out with my ex (things are ok enough where we can be around eachother. i swallowed my pride and said fuck it. Being around her and with cracked heart is better than being completely alone with a shattered heart)

but when im not with her I am alone. When she isnt with me... she has 100 people to talk to her online / phone / whatever. Im like, ok w/e... But then i realize that the few friends I have... they are either fucking always busy... or i feel liek hanging out with them is causing thier relationship to crumble (2 of my closest friends are dating). Steph.. my ex... is even telling me i can take her car and go do something so i'm not lonely... well  it doesnt fucking matter when no one wants to be around me. fuck

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #827 on: May 07, 2011, 08:00:30 PM »
Here, let me just scribble something down here

mhm

yup

ok yeah here you go, a prescription for (2) testicles with a tall glass of Man Up And Take Charge Of Your Situation

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #828 on: May 07, 2011, 08:02:16 PM »
Here, let me just scribble something down here

mhm

yup

ok yeah here you go, a prescription for (2) testicles with a tall glass of Man Up And Take Charge Of Your Situation

isnt that rape?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #829 on: May 07, 2011, 08:04:20 PM »
Think of life as a potential rape victim

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #830 on: May 08, 2011, 07:00:30 AM »
I know I shouldn't let internet bullying get under my skin, but it bothers me somewhat that my choice of username alone has essentially ostracized me from the community entire.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #831 on: May 08, 2011, 08:48:18 AM »
I know I shouldn't let internet bullying get under my skin, but it bothers me somewhat that my choice of username alone has essentially ostracized me from the community entire.

It has?
I haven't been logged in much recently, but I haven't noticed anything of the sort. What's the problem?

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #832 on: May 08, 2011, 09:06:24 AM »
Not here; at Kongregate, the Valve forums, and this one called inthe00s.

Offline TimelessSymphony

• just a random guy
« Reply #833 on: May 08, 2011, 09:52:55 AM »
ok so since i learned that i have a learning disorder i can't decide what i want to do with my life . If you want to know what's my disorder it's M.I.D. (or Mild Intellectual Disorder) or in short retarted... fuck i hate having this disorder because with that i can't go into university so i guess i don't have a future at all fuck!!

Offline jsem

« Reply #834 on: May 08, 2011, 09:55:24 AM »
What community.

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #835 on: May 08, 2011, 10:18:10 AM »

Three separate forums are ostracizing you because of your username?? Wow.

Obviously these forum guys are retards. I wouldn't pay them any heed.

Offline FretMuppet

• DAIM that looks good!
« Reply #836 on: May 08, 2011, 11:32:40 AM »

They don't know you, they have no reason to insult to, and try not to let them into your mind and upset you, they're asses.

And plus, here you have your DTF bros! For every troll who says something bad about you, you have 100 other DTF'ers who think you're a cool guy  :tup

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #837 on: May 08, 2011, 11:38:27 AM »
Yeah, it's just frustrating that whenever I try to branch out stupid shit like that gets in the way.  I think I'm more disturbed by the reasoning given to me by one user in particular as to why he chose to pick me out and insult me, that reason being that it was fun.  Now I know the internet is infested with trolls with low self-esteem and nothing better to do, but sometimes it just appalls me what sort of people our internet culture has given birth to.  Sure there've always been bullies, even before the internet, but it's just somewhat saddening to see that.  I don't see why making fun of someone else should ever be fun.  Sure I've lashed out at people when angry but I never do it for entertainment.

Offline FretMuppet

• DAIM that looks good!
« Reply #838 on: May 08, 2011, 11:40:50 AM »
I guess its just a way of venting their feeling if they may be a 'target' like that in real life

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #839 on: May 08, 2011, 05:42:30 PM »
Yeah, it's just frustrating that whenever I try to branch out stupid shit like that gets in the way.  I think I'm more disturbed by the reasoning given to me by one user in particular as to why he chose to pick me out and insult me, that reason being that it was fun.  Now I know the internet is infested with trolls with low self-esteem and nothing better to do, but sometimes it just appalls me what sort of people our internet culture has given birth to.  Sure there've always been bullies, even before the internet, but it's just somewhat saddening to see that.  I don't see why making fun of someone else should ever be fun.  Sure I've lashed out at people when angry but I never do it for entertainment.

in all honesty, i never really saw anything wrong with your username.

don't sweat the small shit man, sometimes people can just be inconsiderate. don't let em get to you. 
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek