Author Topic: The Depressed/Angry Thread.  (Read 255437 times)

Offline Ħ

Re: The Depressed/Angry Thread.
« Reply #630 on: November 24, 2010, 07:22:25 AM »
If you really like her that way, I wouldn't give up just cause you are apart.  I know the world has all sorts of long-distance relationship rules, but if you haven't been attracted to anyone since her, maybe it's a sign that she's the one.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #631 on: November 25, 2010, 10:06:39 PM »
I'm feeling really depressed right now. No one seems to give a crap about me ('cept Volk) and I'm panicking over this car issue. The Pharmacy I'm supposed to train at is constantly blowing me off so there's no chance I'll pass the exam to be Pharmacy Tech, so there's no way I can do that now. I have zero money and my family life is crap. My friends are awful and I'm constantly in pain, I'm just seriously done with everything.

Offline Jakartabassplayer

• John Cleese's evil step brother
  • "THEY just drop"
« Reply #632 on: December 29, 2010, 05:37:48 AM »
I'm not a person who usually needs to vent or tell people what's going on with my state of mind.
but I'm currently in a personal situation which is just too much for me.
I'll start out by saying that I fall in love too quick. there's always some girl that I'm crazy about.
But this time it's different. It started out a few months ago when I found out that I was starting to have strong feelings for a girl I know. As a normal person would do, I wouldn't ignore these feelings and go for it to put it that way. After a while it was getting clear for her that I had feelings for her. From her and some of her friends I got the idea that she also felt this way about me. So I was planning to make "the" move. I was going to make this move at party of a good friend. But when I was at this party everything seemed to be different. She was totally not interested in me. I accepted this and went on with the party. but just a few moments later I see her making out with a friend of mine. Obviously I was bummed out big time. but I also accepted this. And I always succeed with just moving on in this kind of situations. I'm used to it.
But yet this time I can't move on. Every second I think about her. I can't read, watch or do something without thinking about her. and these thoughts about her kind of hurt me deeply. I just don't know what to do.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Kipfilet is het borstdeel van de kip. Kenmerk van kipfilet is dat deze vetarm en lichtverteerbaar is.
I assume it's because you're awesome.
And JBP is yet again drunk  :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #633 on: December 29, 2010, 05:45:02 AM »
My mom is in the hospital.  She had her lung drained and it colapsed on her and now she has blood clots also.  She has lung cancer.  They also found to spots on her brain.  I feel helpless, but I going to be strong for her.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Jakartabassplayer

• John Cleese's evil step brother
  • "THEY just drop"
« Reply #634 on: December 29, 2010, 05:55:16 AM »
My mom is in the hospital.  She had her lung drained and it colapsed on her and now she has blood clots also.  She has lung cancer.  They also found to spots on her brain.  I feel helpless, but I going to be strong for her.
I wish you lots of strength.
She'll be in our prayers.
Kipfilet is het borstdeel van de kip. Kenmerk van kipfilet is dat deze vetarm en lichtverteerbaar is.
I assume it's because you're awesome.
And JBP is yet again drunk  :lol

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #635 on: December 29, 2010, 08:24:00 PM »

Really sorry to hear that kings... you and your family are in my thoughts. :(

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #636 on: December 29, 2010, 08:24:35 PM »
Same here dude. We are all here for you.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #637 on: December 29, 2010, 08:27:01 PM »
Thanks guys.  It's been hard the last few weeks.  We're on a holding patern right now until they fix the lung and the blood clots.  Plus losing my job of 12+ years is adding to my anxiety.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #638 on: December 29, 2010, 08:36:02 PM »
Thanks guys.  It's been hard the last few weeks.  We're on a holding patern right now until they fix the lung and the blood clots.  Plus losing my job of 12+ years is adding to my anxiety.
So sorry King.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #639 on: December 30, 2010, 02:39:24 AM »
I have a lot of self-value and self-esteem issues. I think a lot of it was brought about my an extremely manipulative, emotionally abusive mother who molested me as a kid, but she THOUGHT she was doing the right thing with all the bullshit she polluted my life with. I've made improvements after she went nuts and left the house way back in the summer of '09.

I still feel all of the effects at times, though. I have major trust issues. I lack confidence. I'm terrified of girls--well, I should say, terrified of asking girls out. But I used to be scared of simply talking to them, because I apparently had "difficulty talking to people of the opposite sex," according to dear old Mommy. Sometimes my depression takes over and stops me from doing anything I'm trying to focus on.

I love writing, and it helps me cope a little. But I need to be in a completely clear state of mind if I actually want to write something good that I'll enjoy. Listening to music is probably better for me, since it doesn't require as much output from me. Sometimes, these are the only things that keep me from killing myself like I've tried on several occasions.

But it's not to say I have a miserable life. Living without my mom is the best thing that ever happened to me. I have a group of friends, comprised of girls and guys, that I regularly hang out with. I'm 30, 000 pages into my novel. Life's not so bad.

tl;dr lolsup? I don't think I've ever been in here, but this is my life in a nutshell: life's a bitch and life's an angel.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #640 on: January 10, 2011, 10:58:09 PM »
So what do you do when you're bipolar and the bottom drops out? It's like a switch, one minute I'm watching a great BCS football game, playing some X-box and the next the Colts (on the Xbox) throw a TD pass and even though it's still close and plenty of time to come back it's just pure anger.

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #641 on: January 16, 2011, 09:38:15 PM »
I just typed out a five paragraph post, backspaced all of it, then decided it would be best to go the road of "keep that shit to yourself, no one gives a fuck."

Because making another long post on DTF is something I definitely do not need to keep doing, if only to prove I'm not as much of a pathetic asshole as I appear.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #642 on: January 16, 2011, 09:41:31 PM »
Very depressed lately...been sleeping about 12 hours/day...missed a couple classes....blahhhhh life is dumb.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #643 on: January 16, 2011, 10:09:19 PM »
I just typed out a five paragraph post, backspaced all of it, then decided it would be best to go the road of "keep that shit to yourself, no one gives a fuck."

Because making another long post on DTF is something I definitely do not need to keep doing, if only to prove I'm not as much of a pathetic asshole as I appear.

Hey man, if we didn't want to read that shit we wouldn't come into this thread.  Not to mention the fact that I don't think anyone here thinks you're a pathetic asshole.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #644 on: January 17, 2011, 08:27:22 PM »
hey kings, any news on your mom?

Offline oh8wrx

• The Sassy Lass from Sassafrass
  • I'm a hoot & a half.
« Reply #645 on: January 25, 2011, 11:23:19 AM »
I'm not sure if anyone has ever experienced this or had the same sort of visual but I went through a stage of depression (never diagnosed but after talking with my friend who is a psychiatrist, she said i pretty much was) in Oct 09-Jan 10. 

When I think back now to those months, the only picture that pops up to my head is of a calendar with those months.  No other months, just those and they are like scribbled out in a charcoal gray...like it was my decent to darkness.  I know it probably sounds weird, but has anyone ever had that mental visual or something similar?
Beer: the cause of AND solution to all of life's problems.

Offline CountVoorhees

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #646 on: January 25, 2011, 11:29:43 AM »
Yeah, but it wasn't a calendar, just images of things from that era but with a blurry black hole taking up most of the image.

Offline oh8wrx

• I'm a hoot & a half.
« Reply #647 on: January 25, 2011, 11:32:07 AM »
i've also recently been going thru this debate inside my head of wanting to do drugs to escape reality but then i talk myself out of it.  i've not done drugs or pills but i get this craving, i want to and this darkness just takes over and i have to fight it.  it's like all of the positive aspects in my life is a facade for this dark...thing...that i have inside me.  and everything that is wrong just adds to it, feeds it.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #648 on: January 25, 2011, 11:34:16 AM »
i've also recently been going thru this debate inside my head of wanting to do drugs to escape reality but then i talk myself out of it.  i've not done drugs or pills but i get this craving, i want to and this darkness just takes over and i have to fight it.  it's like all of the positive aspects in my life is a facade for this dark...thing...that i have inside me.  and everything that is wrong just adds to it, feeds it.

Pretty generic answer, but never do drugs to escape from something. Not only will it not solve the problem you have, it will just make that problem even worse and just add a whole new series of things to be depressed about.

Offline CountVoorhees

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #649 on: January 25, 2011, 11:34:56 AM »
Sounds like you have a Dark Passenger.

Offline oh8wrx

• I'm a hoot & a half.
« Reply #650 on: January 25, 2011, 11:37:36 AM »
i was close to using that term but didnt want to go Dexter on anyone...but yes, just about.

Offline CountVoorhees

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #651 on: January 25, 2011, 11:54:54 AM »
Yeah, you got the reference!

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #652 on: January 31, 2011, 09:48:57 PM »
edit: nope

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #653 on: January 31, 2011, 09:59:34 PM »

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #654 on: January 31, 2011, 10:06:24 PM »
Oh, nothing, that edited post was just two sentences of nonsense that I clicked the post button on before I had time to think about it.

It's just that  I get depressed and cathartic at this time of night and I'd rather not call too much attention to myself, it's kind of pathetic.

At least I have a family history of mental imbalance to blame it on.

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #655 on: February 08, 2011, 09:49:47 PM »
I'm feeling quite down these days and I feel like I don't have anyone to talk too. :(

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #656 on: February 09, 2011, 01:44:10 AM »
... but you have us. Granted, we're probably not as good as a real person to talk to, but it's still something, right?
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #657 on: February 09, 2011, 02:59:27 AM »
I wouldn't call it depressed, but I sometimes feel like there's something "missing", in order to make life really good.

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #658 on: February 09, 2011, 06:37:18 AM »
I've been going in and out of some weird form of depression lately, not really too sure why, but it's certainly helped me become a bit better as a lyrical/music writer, so I guess I can't really complain.

I think a lot of it is due to the fact that over the past year my world view has changed a lot, and almost all of my optimism is lost for the future, so I don't really think its depression as much as it is just getting used to the "new me". (If that makes any sense.)

But then again no one probably cares (and I shouldn't expect anyone to)
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline Marvellous G

• I'm not sure on the avatar swearing policy...
« Reply #659 on: March 19, 2011, 02:59:50 PM »
I've been going in and out of some weird form of depression lately, not really too sure why, but it's certainly helped me become a bit better as a lyrical/music writer, so I guess I can't really complain.

I think a lot of it is due to the fact that over the past year my world view has changed a lot, and almost all of my optimism is lost for the future, so I don't really think its depression as much as it is just getting used to the "new me". (If that makes any sense.)

But then again no one probably cares (and I shouldn't expect anyone to)

That sounds pretty normal, it might not be depression but just so many new things in your life, that make you feel so different that you could mistake it for that. I wouldn't worry if it's not bothering you too much, but if it still is, then vent in here, broseidon.

As for me, I'm getting kind of worried. I'd like to preface this rant by saying that I hate it when people are diagnosed with stuff such as OCD and depression, and then essentially revel in it, so I'm not doing that here, just observing the signs.

Basically, I'm a pretty OCD person in general, and always have been. I don't just mean checking stuff routinely, I mean the whole shebang, like getting out of bed ten times in a row and readjusting a piece of paper on the other side of the room until it's 'just right,' checking my pockets evero 20 seconds (literally) when I'm out, clicking lights on and off until I get the 'just right' feeling, etc. I'd sort of tried to ignore this as much as possible, but it's been getting pretty bad recently.

Right, part two. I have pretty bad acne, but I'd always wondered why it was so much worse than other people's. I always picked at my spots, but I thought that was at least a little normal, until I discovered this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dermatillomania That describes exactly how I feel in relation to spots (not the arms and legs stuff, thank God) but I also pick my lips until they bleed, despite knowing full well how bad it is for me. I just feel like I have to have my hands occupied (haha masturbation joke) constantly or I instinctively start picking my lips or face, and it's getting to an almost unbearable point. Finally, there's the whole depression relation thing, which is apparently pretty strong in OCD people, so basically I'm a bit worried that all of this will continue to get worse and I'll end up an insane, rambling mess.

tl;dr: Should I see a doctor about this?

Offline dethklok09

• Mike
  • Great band
« Reply #660 on: March 19, 2011, 03:36:04 PM »
Not really depressed (not sure). I just have no motivation. I'm lost in my own thoughts whenever doing something and am constantly just loosing things, not doing something right etc.. I thought maybe if I'm hanging out with friends more that things might get better but it just isnt. Things just seem to be piling up as for work i should do. But I just have no motivation to do any of it. /end of wahwahwah internet story.

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #661 on: March 19, 2011, 05:31:06 PM »
have no fear, ricksta's got y'alls back.

things get tough, but remember, there's always someone out there that has it worse.

i watch the tsunami on tv, and see all those that have passed away, or have lost everything, and suddenly my problems don't seem that bad.

i'm not saying you all aren't having a rough time (and i got your back),but all i'm saying is that you gotta be happy with what ya got, TRUST ME.
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #662 on: March 19, 2011, 05:34:02 PM »
OK, I'll trust ya Ricky!

Offline Marvellous G

• I'm not sure on the avatar swearing policy...
« Reply #663 on: March 19, 2011, 05:38:02 PM »
That was actually a pretty good ricky post.

Not that I don't respek all of them, but that one in particular was actually fair enough.

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #664 on: March 19, 2011, 10:36:42 PM »
I've been pretty down lately. Lots of annoying health issues (nothing hospital-serious though, so I'm grateful for that), and lots of money issues and stuff like that. Just getting really depressing.  :sadpanda:   But then, like mentioned, there's the people in Japan who lost everything so I feel bad about complaining.