Author Topic: The Depressed/Angry Thread.  (Read 255269 times)

Offline Marvellous G

• I'm not sure on the avatar swearing policy...
Re: The Depressed Thread.
« Reply #525 on: July 29, 2010, 06:25:35 AM »
I just found out indirectly that one of my best friends has now been asked out in France, leaving me as one of the very few single people left in my friend group, which doesn't look like changing anytime soon. FML.

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #526 on: July 29, 2010, 06:30:53 AM »
If it makes you feel any better, in our first year at uni, my best friend and I were in more or less the same position in most aspects of our life.

Now, he's living in his own place, with a stable job, and his wife is expecting their second kid. My own situation is rather pathetic in comparison.

Offline Marvellous G

• I'm not sure on the avatar swearing policy...
« Reply #527 on: July 29, 2010, 06:34:41 AM »
If it makes you feel any better, in our first year at uni, my best friend and I were in more or less the same position in most aspects of our life.

Now, he's living in his own place, with a stable job, and his wife is expecting their second kid. My own situation is rather pathetic in comparison.

I guess I've just gotta learn not to expect my friends to stay in the exact same situation as me, but it's annoying when a close one 'leaves.'

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #528 on: July 29, 2010, 06:42:04 AM »
I'm amazed how I've seen friends 'move on.'  Very surreal and yes, depressing.  Even though we somewhat envy their situation, I'm sure they envy another persons situation also.

Even though my friends have moved on and now having children, I'm happy in my situation, I have a girlfriend, I'm happy enough. 

You do see friends change away from your situation and it really makes you think what little you have done in your life and how you are getting older yet don't seem to be progressing.  :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #529 on: August 07, 2010, 06:01:20 PM »
I feel horribly depressed. I'm thinking about going and getting some whiskey.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #530 on: August 07, 2010, 06:10:39 PM »
For around a week and a half, I planned an end-of-summer party with a few of my friends, starting at 7 tonight, and most of them said they were coming.  Shouldn't be too hard to figure out from there. :sadpanda:
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #531 on: August 07, 2010, 06:44:50 PM »
We got each other. I find some solace in that. I did get invited to a few things tonight, but I am finding these people are really shallow. I kind of left (not fully) my group of friends to be around more Christians many years ago, and I am finding that most of them are shallow. I'm trying not to be judgmental about them because they're nice and probably mean well, but it sucks to not really feel included and on the outside looking in.

Offline jimbosile

« Reply #532 on: August 08, 2010, 12:20:56 AM »
I haven't seen my girlfriend in 2 whole days. 2 WHOLE DAYS! :sadpanda:

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #533 on: August 08, 2010, 12:23:26 AM »
I think I just came to the realization that I have very low self-esteem :lol

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #534 on: August 08, 2010, 10:26:54 AM »
We got each other. I find some solace in that. I did get invited to a few things tonight, but I am finding these people are really shallow. I kind of left (not fully) my group of friends to be around more Christians many years ago, and I am finding that most of them are shallow. I'm trying not to be judgmental about them because they're nice and probably mean well, but it sucks to not really feel included and on the outside looking in.
I sometimes have a similar feeling of ostracism amongst Christian friends, not really because they're shallow necessarily, but because I don't really fit into the conservative, Republican box that many of them equate with being a Christian.

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #535 on: August 08, 2010, 10:30:41 AM »
I think I just came to the realization that I have very low self-esteem :lol
Might I suggest getting drunk and listening to Madonna?

Oh wait, never mind, that doesn't help at all.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #536 on: August 08, 2010, 10:40:31 AM »
I sometimes have a similar feeling of ostracism amongst Christian friends, not really because they're shallow necessarily, but because I don't really fit into the conservative, Republican box that many of them equate with being a Christian.

I probably called them shallow because of their box they live in. I don't know, they're cool, but I feel like I just don't fit in. My other friends, mostly agnostics, were/are awesome people. Blah.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #537 on: August 08, 2010, 01:35:23 PM »
I seriously hate my job. My boss has ruined it for me. She doesn't let me speak my ideas, give me communication or feedback, try to make things better, and creates a schedule for me that I absolutely hate. When we discussed the new schedule she said "if I would have known you would have a problem with this, you wouldn't have gotten the job". When discussed with HR, they said "Take it or leave it". She still treats me as a new person that doesn't understand the company at all, I've been here over a year now just like most people at this location. I've been applying online at jobs and got only one interview so far. It sucks donkey balls.

Offline Portrucci

• Fission Mailed
  • You're just another hero riding through the night
« Reply #538 on: August 25, 2010, 11:26:40 PM »
Real pissed off right now. For reasons I can't say on here.  >:(
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 11:35:21 PM by Portrucci »
on par with the anguish one would have from getting unconsensually bent over and buttloved.

Offline RG93

• DTF Lurker
« Reply #539 on: August 26, 2010, 01:13:15 AM »
Mind if I join in? Not feeling so good nowadays
I forgot I even had this account, so what the heck

Offline In The Wake Of Poseidon

« Reply #540 on: August 26, 2010, 05:37:12 AM »
My sister just got a divorce, the husband actually got physical and hit her. I'm stuck between this mood of anger and depression. I'm depressed because she has twins, and its gonna be hell to raise them alone. I hope it works out ok.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #541 on: August 26, 2010, 10:53:52 AM »
I feel horribly depressed. I'm thinking about going and getting some whiskey.

I've been drowning myself in whiskey this past month, although I'm trying to stop. The next few months are going to be rough.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #542 on: August 27, 2010, 07:48:27 AM »
I've been fucking depressed lately.  I have lost all motivation in my life.  I hate my job and my mundane routine.  I feel I have no purpose at the moment.  I use to love my work, I can't drag myself out of bed because I know I have to go to work.  I have lost all motivation and enthusiasm in my work.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #543 on: August 27, 2010, 09:06:32 AM »
I've been fucking depressed lately.  I have lost all motivation in my life.  I hate my job and my mundane routine.  I feel I have no purpose at the moment.  I use to love my work, I can't drag myself out of bed because I know I have to go to work.  I have lost all motivation and enthusiasm in my work.

Has anything in your personal life or work life has changed to cause a change of attitude towards work.

I know personally I go through moments where I just get tired of work, doing the same thing day in and out.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #544 on: August 28, 2010, 06:48:49 AM »

Has anything in your personal life or work life has changed to cause a change of attitude towards work.

I know personally I go through moments where I just get tired of work, doing the same thing day in and out.

We got a new boss, he's okay but I really respected my old boss (who is still actually a high position in our team) sometimes it's hard to get motivated at work and really do what you need to do, especially when you feel like you don't get respected.

But you are right, I think I'm just tired.  I haven't had a week off in over 5 years, so I'm probably drained, and it's coming into the busy time again. Doing the same thing everyday is starting to get to me.

Sometimes life just gets to you I guess.  But I'm healthy and normal, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #545 on: August 28, 2010, 06:49:58 AM »
I haven't seen my girlfriend in 2 whole days. 2 WHOLE DAYS! :sadpanda:

Are you taking the piss of this thread dude, or do you really think you've got it tough if that's you biggest problem??

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #546 on: August 28, 2010, 08:37:30 AM »

We got a new boss, he's okay but I really respected my old boss (who is still actually a high position in our team) sometimes it's hard to get motivated at work and really do what you need to do, especially when you feel like you don't get respected.

But you are right, I think I'm just tired.  I haven't had a week off in over 5 years, so I'm probably drained, and it's coming into the busy time again. Doing the same thing everyday is starting to get to me.

Sometimes life just gets to you I guess.  But I'm healthy and normal, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

I can completely relate, I used to have a job where I wasn't respected and just basically passed over day in and day out so I just quit.

I'd recommend taking some time off. I took a job 2 months ago that requires me to work 67 hours a week, no break or possibility for time off until I'm done September 28th. It was a lot of money and it was pretty easy at first but now it's taking it's toll. I find that extra workload has bled into my personal life, where I don't really look forward to anything anymore. I'm planning a trip to europe for a few weeks to a month to unwind. I think it'll just be nice to relax and do whatever I want.

Like you said though, I'm healthy as well and compared to everyone my age I'm incredibly successful in my work and finances so I can't complain.

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #547 on: August 28, 2010, 11:13:19 AM »
-is joining-

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #548 on: August 28, 2010, 11:27:24 AM »

Offline Dark Master Of Sin

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #549 on: August 28, 2010, 06:20:22 PM »
So, I have been with Beth for about four and a half months, and everything between us, is amazing. There is just one thing between us, that causes huge problems...roughly 700 miles. It's really hard to have a serious relationship, when you don't know when you'll see them. I'm off school December 17th through January 14th, I thought that would be perfect to visit her, but, her house will be too full with people for me to stay there. That was the absolute next time I could see her...and if I can't see her then, I wont see her anytime soon. My springbreak ends the 12th, hers starts the 13th. So, I wont see her till next summer. This makes me an extremely  :sadpanda:. It's so painful, to be madly in love with someone, 700 miles away.
gone

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #550 on: September 03, 2010, 11:07:27 AM »
-is joining-

What's the deal?
So, I have been with Beth for about four and a half months, and everything between us, is amazing. There is just one thing between us, that causes huge problems...roughly 700 miles. It's really hard to have a serious relationship, when you don't know when you'll see them. I'm off school December 17th through January 14th, I thought that would be perfect to visit her, but, her house will be too full with people for me to stay there. That was the absolute next time I could see her...and if I can't see her then, I wont see her anytime soon. My springbreak ends the 12th, hers starts the 13th. So, I wont see her till next summer. This makes me an extremely  :sadpanda:. It's so painful, to be madly in love with someone, 700 miles away.

I can completely relate. While I didn't have 700 miles, I had 400, that I would drive twice a month. It's hard.
Do you guys have an endgame for the long distance relationship?

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #551 on: September 10, 2010, 11:19:53 AM »
How does every nice, smart, good looking girl I meet not like me? They seem fine as friends and then you ask what they're doing sometime and they get all, "Oh, yeah I'm busy. Sorry." My self-esteem is already so low it takes me forever to find the balls to ask and then I get that line again.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #552 on: September 10, 2010, 12:15:51 PM »
As of today I belong in this thread (see lonely hearts club thread). Can't even think straight right now, don't think I've ever felt this horrible and can only see it getting worse as the next few weeks go on. :(

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Dark Master Of Sin

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #553 on: September 10, 2010, 12:48:32 PM »

I can completely relate. While I didn't have 700 miles, I had 400, that I would drive twice a month. It's hard.

If we're still together when we graduate from College, we want to move in together and start a family. While, that's way down the road, it's been discussed.
gone

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #554 on: September 10, 2010, 03:20:44 PM »
Still here, as I have been for over a year now.  Time really drags on when you're depressed as shit and loathe every minute you're alive.
www.bedeceived.com

ZOMG WHAT'S AT BEDECEIVED.COM?

I DUNNO!  CLICK THE DARNED LINK TO FIND OUT!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #555 on: September 11, 2010, 09:22:22 AM »

If we're still together when we graduate from College, we want to move in together and start a family. While, that's way down the road, it's been discussed.

Well keep working on it. I have a good friend of mine who started dating her bf the final semester of High School. They dated all through college 500 miles apart. She moved to be closer with him and they had changed so much they ended up breaking up. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't stick through and keep a positive outlook. It can work, but it is work.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #556 on: September 14, 2010, 06:52:56 PM »
here comes me
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #557 on: September 14, 2010, 07:56:14 PM »
What's up?

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #558 on: September 14, 2010, 08:40:25 PM »
hmmm... im 19, no job, been in a slump for a year and a half since my dead was killed (the day after i turned 18).... living with my gf and her family (who absolutely love me)... she is in school, transfering to a full university in less than a year, and i am here with like i said no job, (no one will hire me) and cant go to school because $$$... grrrargh
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #559 on: September 14, 2010, 11:28:18 PM »
Hope is forever fleeting.  Which is why it makes it all that much more important that you clutch it like you're hanging onto the atoms of a rock on the edge of a cliff. Don't give up, and while I know this means nothing, that it will fall on deaf ears (blind eyes?), remember that giving up is the only time and the only way that you lose. You could be beaten, helpless, raped, moneyless, homeless, but if you have hope and you have not given up then you have not lost. In the end this will more than likely be just another random, pointless speech that goes unwarranted, but I feel it needs to be said because hope is the only thing that we have in our darkest moment. Even if you think it isn't there and that there is no point in going on or that there is no point in living, if your eyes reflect a single ray of light then you are worth all the pain and suffering that this world can offer and deserve to go on living to see a better day.

Know that you who are reading this is important enough to die for if you have hope and strength enough to go on to strive to make tomorrow a better day for yourself. I'm not going to say it could be worse, because it very well couldn't be, I don't know. I do know, however, that if you have hope then it could be better for you if you try. It is not easy by any means; it will more than likely be the hardest god damned thing you've ever done to hold onto hope when everything else has deserted you and left you for dead. But that is what life is about, holding onto what you think isn't there. As long as your eyes glisten with life, hold onto hope and know that you are worth living for and that a better day will come as long as you strive forward with strength and dignity, even if you think you have none. The will and meaning of life itself resides in the thought of knowing that you will never give up in the face of absolute and known failure.

Know that while I myself have huddled in the calmness and absolute black serenity that engulfs oneself when you give up and submit, I find it to be elating, blissful, and everlasting to think that some people in this world are much more worse off than I am and stand firm, tall, and force themselves to go on knowing that if they keep striving forward with their chest held high and their mind set on the path of what they know is right that they will never, ever fail no matter what force or utter destruction awaits them. I don't know you. I will never. Yet still I know in my heart that you are worth living for, worth dying for, worth suffering for, and worth hoping for. Because at the end of our days and as we take our last breath and last thought the only thing we have is hope that someone, somewhere will be stronger than we are and strive to make themselves better so that tomorrow just might bet a better day than yesterday. It is nigh impossible. But to me that is what life is about. Doing what is thought impossible. And hope lies right in that category. Something so simple to comprehend and yet nearly unattainable when put into motion. But you can do so, because you are in fact that strong; and you have it in you even if you at this moment think you do not. You do. You can.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.